Author Topic: The WICKED truth about my training  (Read 367982 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
Re: The WICKED truth about my training
« Reply #825 on: March 02, 2008, 05:15:49 PM »
take that shit and a half hour later it's like you're not even sick, will reduce your fever to normal and stop the body and joint aches.

dude that's what sucked.. i hurt all over and tried to squat even when i was feeling wobbly. I think all this heavy liftin  is killin my brain cells. Sitting here typing this I feel cold but i'm sweating balls.. we'll see how i feel in the morning. i've lost 5lbs in a day and a half.  >:(

know what's been buggin me today though? I won the dead lift comp with only 11 reps... we need a new contest.. maybe 405 for the most reps in a minute lol

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #826 on: March 02, 2008, 05:18:50 PM »
dude that's what sucked.. i hurt all over and tried to squat even when i was feeling wobbly. I think all this heavy liftin  is killin my brain cells. Sitting here typing this I feel cold but i'm sweating balls.. we'll see how i feel in the morning. i've lost 5lbs in a day and a half.  >:(

know what's been buggin me today though? I won the dead lift comp with only 11 reps... we need a new contest.. maybe 405 for the most reps in a minute lol
i'm telling you man take 600-800mg. of Motrin right now and you'll feel like a brand new man, that's what the shit was made for to reduce fever and reduce pain caused by inflammation of the joints, plus it will reduce the time you're sick, you'll be 100 percent in a day or two at most, shit man 11 reps with 500 is pretty fuccking phenomenal.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #827 on: March 02, 2008, 05:20:35 PM »
i'm telling you man take 600-800mg. of Motrin right now and you'll feel like a brand new man, that's what the shit was made for to reduce fever and reduce pain caused by inflammation of the joints, plus it will reduce the time you're sick, you'll be 100 percent in a day or two at most, shit man 11 reps with 500 is pretty fuccking phenomenal.

haha i've got a few vids you'll like... a shitty 655 after a full workout and being pissed about my grip going on what was supposed to be a 635 for a set of 3. I watched it today and am waiting for it to be emailed to me..i'ts pretty..out there.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #828 on: March 02, 2008, 07:04:36 PM »

Funny you mention it, I thought you had done like 17 or some shit.  Had I known it was only 11, I wouldve tried to grind out 2 more reps LOL  Good job though eiither way!

Jason

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #829 on: March 02, 2008, 07:05:52 PM »

Funny you mention it, I thought you had done like 17 or some shit.  Had I known it was only 11, I wouldve tried to grind out 2 more reps LOL  Good job though eiither way!

Jason

dude get your pm brutha! and we need to talk some business! I think you might be interested in it!

no I KNOW I can do 15 at least..but after a full workout on top of it i'm not pissed...

i am pissed however that 11 won it. I'm like you man..i want to see a fucking show!  ;D

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #830 on: March 02, 2008, 07:27:33 PM »
Take a bunch of Vitamin C, order some pizza, and watch some bangbros.com  ;) Sometimes getting sick is a good way to get you out of the gym and let those nagging issues we all have heal up. You'll still be a beast when you get back. But damn man, 550 for box squats with the flu, thats just crazy right there.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #831 on: March 02, 2008, 07:28:46 PM »
Take a bunch of Vitamin C, order some pizza, and watch some bangbros.com  ;) Sometimes getting sick is a good way to get you out of the gym and let those nagging issues we all have heal up. You'll still be a beast when you get back. But damn man, 550 for box squats with the flu, thats just crazy right there.

HAHA WHAT'S UP BRUTHA! HAHA yeah i think you've given the best flu advice to date!  ;D

i was pissed I didn't have it in me to do 585 for a set... go figure. some people are never happy.  :-\

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #832 on: March 02, 2008, 07:39:27 PM »
HAHA WHAT'S UP BRUTHA! HAHA yeah i think you've given the best flu advice to date!  ;D

i was pissed I didn't have it in me to do 585 for a set... go figure. some people are never happy.  :-\
pussy, I could do 585 in my sleep.

and while dreaming only  :P
follow the arrows

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #833 on: March 04, 2008, 05:34:22 AM »
Hope you're feeling better wicked!   :-*

:)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #834 on: March 04, 2008, 01:05:30 PM »
HA aww look at the ripper lovins...

i skipped my workout yesterday. no reason to make shit even worse...i'm feeling pretty good today. I'm taking 3 motrin every 5 hours and downing them with shots of nyquil and i'm pretty much feeling no  pain at the moment. Whatever was in my lungs has cleared out and now it's in my head. I can handle that though. I'll be taking it easy in hopes of hitting heavy benching tomorrow for sure.

Supposed to be doing 6 sets of doubles with 370...

so why does next weeks heavy day with 6 sets of doubles with 380 seem read so damn heavy when I know tomorrow isn't going to be that brutal.  :-\

yeah dave your motrin advice worked... remember dosing is for 160lb people so i took enough to tranquilize a horse and as soon as it made all the bullshit go away. I got hit with the hunger train. I ate 3lbs of beef yesterday not counting everything else I ate. 2/1.5lb shoulder steak packages later i was still hungry...

I've lost 6lbs since this shit started!  >:(

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #835 on: March 06, 2008, 02:38:40 PM »
yesterday's bench work...still under the weather..shouldn't have benched and am debating on squatting tomorrow but i'm sure i'll end up doing it anyway.

bench 92% of 1RM

barx20x2
135x10x1
225x6x1
315x3x1
340x3x1
370x2x1
370x2x1
370x2x1 with abit of help on the second rep
370x2x1 same as the last set
370x2x1 starting to get mad...i'm having to have someone barely tap the bar on the way up at my sticking point...
370x2x1 rallied the fucking troops and did the best double of the day...

my head wasn't right and I just wasn't into it. Shitty workout. I'm repeating this workout next week and will do so until i do every set myself. When I get in it and get psyched I doubled it no problem..and I wasn't taking as long between sets. Just way too many fuckups yesterday.

cs rows

2platesx8x1
4platesx8x1
6platesx7x1
6 and a quarter for 3 reps

seated dumbbell presses

60lbsx15x1
80lbsx10x3
100lbsxmiss...i can't kick them up.  >:( >:(

lying barbell extensions brought the bar down to my forehead...

95x10x1
135x10x1
185x6x1

and pretty much left on a sour note and went home and went back to bed...i'm still sick and HATE not being able to work out and am praying it's not costing me being sick this whole week!

speaking of sick..here's some more sick work I did and i shouldn't have...this is the videos from last friday that I said I'd post. The first one is of my 635 double that was supposed to be a triple and my grip slipped...  :-[ >:(

and due to my ridiculous love of deadlifting and my moronic idea that if my grip decided to fail  on 635 then fuck it..i'll punish myself with 655.  Not smart..but after ALL the box squat work before it and the triples leading up to it I was impressed a little...but here's what I found wrong wiht it..

1. I bent over to the bar again instead of squatting down to it...again damn near a stiff leg'd dead

2. I got off the ground too slow

3. I was an idiot for training when I knew i was sick

4. and the pull was rushed..i wasn't even and when you watch the video..notice how I stop a few inches off the ground. My legs started shaking and I found out why that happens. I WASN'T PUSHING WITH MY LEGS!  >:( >:(  tHE ABSOLUTE moment I felt this is slammed my legs back into the ground hard and that's when it started to come back up...and because I was pissed about my grip.. I decided to hold onto it for a little while. I could've held it for a good 30-45 seconds or even longer.. it felt locked on the whole time.

shitty lift wiht hitching....please ignore the psychotic laughing at the end... I get a little light headed with heavy shit.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #836 on: March 06, 2008, 03:01:07 PM »
It looks like you got a little bit lower on 635 than with 500. Necessity I suppose.

Are your hamstrings too tight to get into position? Also seem to have the tendency to let your back round a bit. "Superman...buddha belly." I had to go back to training form for a while to work on my DL mechanics and it was definitely worth it.

Looked like fast and easy lifting nevertheless.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #837 on: March 06, 2008, 03:08:39 PM »
It looks like you got a little bit lower on 635 than with 500. Necessity I suppose.

Are your hamstrings too tight to get into position? Also seem to have the tendency to let your back round a bit. "Superman...buddha belly." I had to go back to training form for a while to work on my DL mechanics and it was definitely worth it.

Looked like fast and easy lifting nevertheless.

i'm attacking my form on the speed days to get it engrained in.. but it seems when I lift heavy and get amped up I forget it all.  :-\

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #838 on: March 06, 2008, 03:18:37 PM »
That happens.

For some reason I found I DL better off a 3-4inch platform. I get a better start that way.

Glad to see you employed a permanent camera bitch! Keep the vids coming.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #839 on: March 06, 2008, 03:24:18 PM »
That happens.

For some reason I found I DL better off a 3-4inch platform. I get a better start that way.

Glad to see you employed a permanent camera bitch! Keep the vids coming.

HAHA yeah no shit at least now I can post vids...

that's true on a platform I get RIDICULOUSLY low and get up faster to about midway...but off the floor I just bend over..the second 635 rep look at my legs..straight as a fucking board.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #840 on: March 06, 2008, 03:44:40 PM »
Yeah thats the kind of form that will get you injured eventually. Even SLDL's are done with a straight back for a reason. Cock those shoulders back, stick out your chest, and fill your stomach nice and tight. Im sure you are practicing all this on speed day anyway.

Good luck!

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #841 on: March 06, 2008, 03:51:31 PM »
Yeah thats the kind of form that will get you injured eventually. Even SLDL's are done with a straight back for a reason. Cock those shoulders back, stick out your chest, and fill your stomach nice and tight. Im sure you are practicing all this on speed day anyway.

Good luck!

there is no way to practice a straight back with heavy weight...i don't care how strong your back is.. there is a technique in deadlifting call round back pulling where you tuck in your rib cage, pull in your stomach and bring your head down while arching your back up...

konstantine kostanov is a good example and he pulls in the 900's

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #842 on: March 06, 2008, 04:18:42 PM »
that's some big deadlifting right there, good job.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #843 on: March 06, 2008, 04:46:30 PM »
Takes all kinds but check this out.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #844 on: March 06, 2008, 05:38:26 PM »

careful with motrin, that shit tore up my stomach. i go for tylenol, agrees with me better.

and yeah, 11 with 500 is fucking nuts, i can barely get 3 and i consider myself a mildly decent puller. just feel lucky mason didn't enter, since he's done 495x10 stiff-leg standing on a platform.  :o

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #845 on: March 06, 2008, 05:44:20 PM »
careful with motrin, that shit tore up my stomach. i go for tylenol, agrees with me better.

and yeah, 11 with 500 is fucking nuts, i can barely get 3 and i consider myself a mildly decent puller. just feel lucky mason didn't enter, since he's done 495x10 stiff-leg standing on a platform.  :o

didn't notice the last two videos i posted did ya  :P

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #846 on: March 08, 2008, 01:23:25 PM »
DE lowerbody

Box squats
  with bands on a 12" box...no joke
started on a parallel box with the barx20x1
added blue bands and monster minis x10x1
135x10x1
225x2x1
315x2x1
switched to a 12" box
405x2x8
The first 4 sets I had  hard time touching due to flexibility issues... the last 4 sets I was able to sit on it. I'm having to learn to roll wiht my hips instead of just bending over at the waist. THe box is so deep that my hams touch my calves. Not only did I move up in weight but I'm now squatting the deepest I can physically with bands and doing it no problem. HOWEVER my knees started to bother me so I wrapped VERY lightly. I just wrapped them around my knees with no tensions..I got 4 wraps and tied them. No problems the rest of the day. There is one concern with how much this is actually helping me though. The I was so deep the blue bands lost tension. I need to choke them too squatting this way.

sumo pulls to help with hip power

135x3x1
315x3x1
500x3x1
605x1x1 thought I could triple it up...apparenlty i suck at sumo.

hammer curls

30lbsx6x1
50lbsx6x1
70lbsx6x1
90lbsx6x1

dumbbell swings

60lbsx6x1
70lbsx6x1
95lbsx3x1 right side and 2 times on the left side...

A BADASS DAY COMING OFF BEING SICK! I FELT LIKE NEW MONEY!

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #847 on: March 08, 2008, 01:58:56 PM »
sumo's tricky depending on where your strength is. if you're weak off the floor sumo is AWFUL for you. but hey, 605x1 ain't weak by any stretch, man. that's a hell of a sumo pull for someone who doesn't do it often.  :o

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #848 on: March 09, 2008, 06:35:15 PM »
sumo's tricky depending on where your strength is. if you're weak off the floor sumo is AWFUL for you. but hey, 605x1 ain't weak by any stretch, man. that's a hell of a sumo pull for someone who doesn't do it often.  :o

yeha man sumo just kills me because it's all hips. I wanted to triple it but it ended up being a week ass day because of it but i'm not pulling for the m ost part any next week so here's hoping things go well. I've pulled hard two weeks in a row. Time to attack other things.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #849 on: March 09, 2008, 06:37:18 PM »
DE upper body

50% of 1RM bench

barx20x2
135x10x1
205x5x1
added choked monster minis
205x5x8

incline press

135x6x1
225x6x1
315x2x2...two sets of doubles with 315  on incline I'm happy!

dumbbell rows

125'sx30x3

dumbbell laterals

45's x6x1 and gym closed..not a bad day!