Author Topic: The WICKED truth about my training  (Read 366893 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
Re: The WICKED truth about my training
« Reply #875 on: March 18, 2008, 05:31:22 PM »
700??? Up the dose. ;)

hahaHA yeah no joke.. i was told on the phone the other day by a buddy what somes guys shoot before a meet... I DIDN'T KNOW YOU COULD PIN IN THAT MANY PLACES!  :o

AND.. not only did he put up 760 on the bench..but told me of a guy who pulled 784 in a suit in the 200's and we all know a suit doesn't give you much of anything!

How you liking your maximus weight gainer? I'm LOVING this nitrean protein MAN it tastes good and mixes better than optimum!

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #876 on: March 18, 2008, 06:14:04 PM »
hahaHA yeah no joke.. i was told on the phone the other day by a buddy what somes guys shoot before a meet... I DIDN'T KNOW YOU COULD PIN IN THAT MANY PLACES!  :o

AND.. not only did he put up 760 on the bench..but told me of a guy who pulled 784 in a suit in the 200's and we all know a suit doesn't give you much of anything!

How you liking your maximus weight gainer? I'm LOVING this nitrean protein MAN it tastes good and mixes better than optimum!

Lots of guys will shoot in the lats, rear delts,  all 3 heads of the tricep, TRAPS (holy fuck) etc.  If you get a chance you should check out AtLarges Results.  It tastes awesome, and mixes well, even with the creatine in it.  You should definitely give it a shot!

Jason

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #877 on: March 18, 2008, 06:18:37 PM »
The MAXIMUS is teh shit!!! It is like brownie batter and tastes just as good.

I will have to give some other At Large products a try for sure.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #878 on: March 18, 2008, 07:49:10 PM »
Lots of guys will shoot in the lats, rear delts,  all 3 heads of the tricep, TRAPS (holy fuck) etc.  If you get a chance you should check out AtLarges Results.  It tastes awesome, and mixes well, even with the creatine in it.  You should definitely give it a shot!

Jason

i've heard of chest and, believe it or not, forearms. when you get guys who use those retarded doses, their options are either find more places to shoot or get some lovely looking knots. a buddy of mine has "corners" on his shoulders. no synthol in him, he just uses the same spots so many times he's got a fuckton of scar tissue.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #879 on: March 18, 2008, 08:20:46 PM »

Jason

been taking it for a week and love it man! I agree with you...results is some GREAT stuff! And tastes good too! That's the main thing for me. IF it doesn't taste good no one is going to want to take it...and everything I've tried that AtLarge makes tastes awesome.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #880 on: March 19, 2008, 06:27:12 PM »
ME upper body

94% of 1RM bench

barx20x2
135x10x1
225x6x1
315x3x1
345x2x1
I love it when I put on my convict pro wrist wraps from APT... 345 felt uneasy..but I'll be damned when I put them on and that stabilize my wrist 380 felt light as hell! LOVE THESE THINGS!
380x2x1
380x2x1
380x2x1
380x2x1
380x2x1
380x1x1...Just didn't have it in me and had to have help finishing the last rep. I was PISSED because I'd been rolling along with it no problem but the reps have been slow all day. Not near as explosive as they need to be. The first rep got crooked and had to adjust and it cost me the second one. That and the guys I work with said the last set I just wasn't fired up and acting myself. I didn't get into it and it cost me. So I got mad and refused to end the pressing on a miss...
385x2x1 (96% of 1RM)  THE best and FASTEST set of the day...

You won't like me when I'm angry!  ;D Today felt like an accomplishment because I came in nervous about hte 10lb jump even though I smoked 370 last week. I always tell myself that if I'm not at least a little nervous I'm not using enough weight.  I got my head together..got into it and pulled it out and DAMN I was tired when I was done!

bent over barbell rows with double overhand grip

135x10x1
315x10x1
405x10x1
425x6x1

felt it better in my back but was different for sure..

seated front raises (didn't feel like push pressing after the benching)

50lbsx6x1
60lbsx6x1
70lbsx6x1
80lbsx4x1

banded dumbbell jm presses w monster minis...

80x10x3

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #881 on: March 21, 2008, 06:20:41 AM »
Awesome bro, hows the size gains comeing??

Ur legs especially must be growing like weeds?!

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #882 on: March 21, 2008, 04:59:24 PM »
Awesome bro, hows the size gains comeing??

Ur legs especially must be growing like weeds?!

davie

I've actually lost weight. The two weeks I was sick brought me down under 260 so I'm struggling to get back up there like before. I still look good but i look obviously smaller. IT SUCKS!

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #883 on: March 21, 2008, 05:02:53 PM »
DE lower body

box squats on a 14" box

barx10x1
bar +  choked blue and choked monster mini bands x10x1
135x6x1
225x2x1
315x2x8

I don't know how more the choking of the blue bands has added but if I did the math right it's over 6 at the top for sure.

speed pulls

135x10x1
315x3x1
405x1x1
500x1x1
585x1x1 too slow... went back down to 500
500x1x6

okay iv'e worked on getting down low..and the TWO pulls I did sitting down on my haunches were so slow off the bottom it was sickening. When I pulled my  usual style 500 flew up as easily as 315 did from the people i train with and what they told me

dumbbell shrugs

125'sx100x2

ran outta time..not enough for pull throughs today..

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #884 on: March 21, 2008, 05:07:02 PM »
haha, i really look forward to the day when 585 is even a POTENTIAL speed pull. isn't that kind of a high percentage, though?

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #885 on: March 21, 2008, 05:21:08 PM »
haha, i really look forward to the day when 585 is even a POTENTIAL speed pull. isn't that kind of a high percentage, though?

well the goal is to work with a weight you can  move FAST with relative ease. Fast again..is realitive. I make 315 nad 405 look like a piece of paper..not bragging it's just the truth. If I'm pulling singles and trying to rip'em up.. 500 is the same way. I wanted to see 585 because I wanted to work with weight 100lbs under my max for singles for SPEED but it was one of the reps I sat down deep with it to give it a try and ended up being one grueling pull.

you saw the first rep on my deadlift challenge video..would you call that fast?

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #886 on: March 21, 2008, 06:42:00 PM »
it's hard for me to say. i tend to completely misunderstand things like speed work. i had always figured you want "instant" pulls on speed, so i'd be using around 60% of my max or somewhere in that area. your 500 looked seriously quick, but slower than i'd use for a speed set.

on the other hand, your speed sets are my maxes, so maybe i should re-evaluate how i've been doing things, haha.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #887 on: March 21, 2008, 06:44:39 PM »
it's hard for me to say. i tend to completely misunderstand things like speed work. i had always figured you want "instant" pulls on speed, so i'd be using around 60% of my max or somewhere in that area. your 500 looked seriously quick, but slower than i'd use for a speed set.

on the other hand, your speed sets are my maxes, so maybe i should re-evaluate how i've been doing things, haha.

it's a preference..some people do suggestion very low weight but if it's so fucking light you don't get any work out of it what's hte point?

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #888 on: March 21, 2008, 06:46:51 PM »
it's a preference..some people do suggestion very low weight but if it's so fucking light you don't get any work out of it what's hte point?

the way i'd been taught was to cinch your belt up and don't undo it until you're done with all 8 sets. so basically you'd hit a double, then walk away and shake out your legs and get right back over there.

i'm not sure now, though. i might start doing that after my good mornings on pull days.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #889 on: March 21, 2008, 06:48:47 PM »
the way i'd been taught was to cinch your belt up and don't undo it until you're done with all 8 sets. so basically you'd hit a double, then walk away and shake out your legs and get right back over there.

i'm not sure now, though. i might start doing that after my good mornings on pull days.

i would never do a good morning/pull combo..it's always a squat with a deadlift helper or vice versa...that could lead to over training and missed attempts which leads to more mind fucks  ;D

I'd do it without a belt too..the less you use a belt the stronger your core gets. That's why I'm staying away from it just like my knee wraps until I MUST use it.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #890 on: March 21, 2008, 07:07:58 PM »
I have ditched the belt as of late and feel much better through the day. Im using a modified 5x5 program right now because I feel that with winter and injury, I have lost a step or two and need to get back to basics. I mean 5 reps with 500 is sad when I think about it. I used to hit 465 for 3 sets of 6-8 when I was a 220lb BBer. Westside training was great for my upper body but as far as raising my low body numbers, it was crap. I achieved a large box squat and my full squat went down. Even my GM went down and thats a staple in their training.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #891 on: March 24, 2008, 06:47:48 AM »
DE upper body

50% 1RM BENCH

barx20x2
135x10x1
205x5x1
added choked monster minis
205x5x8

pin presses

225x6x1
315x6x1
365x2x1
405x1
425xmiss..I relaxed at the bottom when it tapped the pins... if I would've stayed tight I would've had it. It didn't feel much heavier than 405 at all.

CS rows

2platesx8x1
4platesx8x1
6platesx4x2
6plates and a quarterx3x2
7platesx hell no...after all that work there was no way

dumbbell laterals

30lbsx10x1
55lbsx6x3
60lbsx4x2

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #892 on: March 24, 2008, 09:19:57 AM »
are you doing the pin presses at chest height or a few inches off your chest?

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #893 on: March 24, 2008, 02:53:19 PM »
are you doing the pin presses at chest height or a few inches off your chest?

just below my sticking point which is about 1/3rd of the way from lockout...trying to fix my weaker points. Looking at the video I took is about when my elbows are at 90* to the floor..

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #894 on: March 24, 2008, 02:59:40 PM »
ME lowerbody

rack pulls (weight was 6in off the floor just below my sticking point in my video)

135x10x1
225x10x1
405x3x1
500x1x1
585x1x1
675x1x1
725x1x1 new pr!!! last time I did this I struggled in the mid 600's and now feel more confident pulling 700 in the meet coming up!
765xmiss...couldn't get it going..bombed it.

front squats on a 12" box

135x6x1
225x6x1
315x10x1 NEW PR!..got the red ass over my buddy saying I wasn't going to get 6 reps again in a row like last week. Fixed that problem didn't I!

pull throughs

wholestackx10x3

barbell curls

95x6x1
135x6x1
185x1x1

hammer curls

80lbsx6x3

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #895 on: March 24, 2008, 03:52:38 PM »
just below my sticking point which is about 1/3rd of the way from lockout...trying to fix my weaker points. Looking at the video I took is about when my elbows are at 90* to the floor..
those fuckkers are hard i've done 'em before, i used to get so sore the day after those it felt like the muscle was tearing all day long.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #896 on: March 24, 2008, 08:27:43 PM »
425xmiss..I relaxed at the bottom when it tapped the pins... if I would've stayed tight I would've had it. It didn't feel much heavier than 405 at all.

you should actually START on the pins, my man. it's not a board press done in the rack, it's working through your sticking point by making you push at it with zero momentum. watch the metal militia training videos.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #897 on: March 24, 2008, 09:02:38 PM »
you should actually START on the pins, my man. it's not a board press done in the rack, it's working through your sticking point by making you push at it with zero momentum. watch the metal militia training videos.

Haha, true bro! I didnt even notice that at first. Rack presses were what I depended on when powerlifting. When I could get a weight off the pins, it flew up when I actually maxed.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #898 on: March 25, 2008, 11:23:28 AM »
Haha, true bro! I didnt even notice that at first. Rack presses were what I depended on when powerlifting. When I could get a weight off the pins, it flew up when I actually maxed.

man, i could never do 'em. i apparently lower the bar unevenly, so i'd clank the left side first and throw the whole thing off-balance for the next rep. :P

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #899 on: March 25, 2008, 01:18:18 PM »
man, i could never do 'em. i apparently lower the bar unevenly, so i'd clank the left side first and throw the whole thing off-balance for the next rep. :P

Oh, okay. I let it rest completely and then do a rep. No clank n go for me. It will teach you to lift evenly also.