Author Topic: The WICKED truth about my training  (Read 368163 times)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
Re: The WICKED truth about my training
« Reply #900 on: March 25, 2008, 01:22:55 PM »
Oh, okay. I let it rest completely and then do a rep. No clank n go for me. It will teach you to lift evenly also.

no, i did them "deload and go" too, but what i mean is i'd accidentally clank on the left side (or the right, i forget) and then the bar would "shift" either toward my head or toward my legs and leave it all in the wrong position for another rep. totally threw me off. thus, i went with boards when i had someone to help me with it.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #901 on: March 25, 2008, 01:27:44 PM »
well i don't tap much of anything..it's usually a thousand count pause on the pins when i touch them so it's like a box squat for my bench press and the weight transfers out and I have to start it over..if you go really fast or your normally speed and try to bounch..that clanking shit you guys are talking about happens and throws me ALL over the place.

i go...

lift
down
touch
one thousand one (while staying tight)
press
rack

in doing it this way it's taught me to lower the bar evenly during my press and it's worked great for two of my clients as well....but when i started the fucking right side would eat the bar a moment before and i would spend another few seconds correcting before the pressing.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #902 on: March 25, 2008, 01:27:57 PM »
no, i did them "deload and go" too, but what i mean is i'd accidentally clank on the left side (or the right, i forget) and then the bar would "shift" either toward my head or toward my legs and leave it all in the wrong position for another rep. totally threw me off. thus, i went with boards when i had someone to help me with it.

Word.

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #903 on: March 25, 2008, 01:29:57 PM »
You a trainer wicked??

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #904 on: March 25, 2008, 01:30:30 PM »
You a trainer wicked??

davie

more of a consultant lol

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #905 on: March 25, 2008, 01:34:59 PM »
more of a consultant lol

haha fair enough bro....whats ur qualification??

Iv going through PT testing at the moment.

By the way, i might stay with DC a while longer. Im actually now up 30lbs in the last 14 months (booya), hit 210 as of last monday (after a friends 21st bday bash on sat night that left ny hungover on sunday lol)

Had been my target of 15 stone/210 by the end of august/september, so im like 4 months ahead of schedule, so i might go for 16 stone/224 by summer send. Tho i put on 10lbs in my last 6 1/2 week blast, so if i can repeat this again il need to seriously re-evaluate my targets lol.

davie

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #906 on: March 25, 2008, 01:51:56 PM »
haha fair enough bro....whats ur qualification??

Iv going through PT testing at the moment.

By the way, i might stay with DC a while longer. Im actually now up 30lbs in the last 14 months (booya), hit 210 as of last monday (after a friends 21st bday bash on sat night that left ny hungover on sunday lol)

Had been my target of 15 stone/210 by the end of august/september, so im like 4 months ahead of schedule, so i might go for 16 stone/224 by summer send. Tho i put on 10lbs in my last 6 1/2 week blast, so if i can repeat this again il need to seriously re-evaluate my targets lol.

davie

i don't have a cert..which is why i'm a consultant..but people who work with me always love it so i'm getting a pretty solid client base and my company is LLC so it's pretty straight forward.

damn man! I wouldn't change a thing if you're making those kinda gains that's SICK!  :o

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #907 on: March 25, 2008, 01:59:45 PM »
i don't have a cert..which is why i'm a consultant..but people who work with me always love it so i'm getting a pretty solid client base and my company is LLC so it's pretty straight forward.

damn man! I wouldn't change a thing if you're making those kinda gains that's SICK!  :o

Cheers bro, i mean u could see were i was coming from, i was curious about taking what iv learnt about nutrition and intensity and applying it to powerlifitng.....But as u sed im super happy with it so im gonna keep tryint o beat the logg book and get super strong with this. Might start a logg myself??

Oh so u dont actually have any personal training qualifications? Just what uv learnt thru training urself? And wen u say u giv people consultation, do u mean ur giving them routines, to do themselves, but not actually being there with them to take them throught he sessions lie a trainer would?

Might have to PM u about this as might like to stear more towards that myself.

like i said im a trainer in trianing, and actually have couple clients myself at the mo.

Your loggs looking awesome u freak, keep it up.

davie

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #908 on: March 25, 2008, 02:13:16 PM »
Cheers bro, i mean u could see were i was coming from, i was curious about taking what iv learnt about nutrition and intensity and applying it to powerlifitng.....But as u sed im super happy with it so im gonna keep tryint o beat the logg book and get super strong with this. Might start a logg myself??

Oh so u dont actually have any personal training qualifications? Just what uv learnt thru training urself? And wen u say u giv people consultation, do u mean ur giving them routines, to do themselves, but not actually being there with them to take them throught he sessions lie a trainer would?

Might have to PM u about this as might like to stear more towards that myself.

like i said im a trainer in trianing, and actually have couple clients myself at the mo.

Your loggs looking awesome u freak, keep it up.

davie

dude starting a log here is good shit.. it's not the same as having one on your own. Here people can critique and work with you daily and help you make changes you may or may not know you need to make and also opens the floor for discussions on said topics...

i msut've done something lately to give me alot of cred in this joint because people are pm'n me all over about everything LMAO! not that i mind it..i just think it's funny. Takes alot to earn your place on getbig I guess.

yeah no reason to change what's working for you because from what you've told me your progress is badass for sure! The reason I went to powerlifting is because I wanted something different. I don't care about looking good..with me that just happens anyway LMAO! I like being big, I like being strong, and I want to compete in a venue I feel I'm made to do and I get more joy out of powerlifting that I EVER did bodybuilding. Just depends on what you want to do out of it..i l ike it so much infact i'm trying to make money in the industry...and hopefully before the year is out get westside certified..if that doesn't hold any credit i don't know what will LOL

when i give people consults...i sit them down, talk to them about their goals in short and long term, how motivated they are, see how badly they want it, and their training backgrounds and go from there with finding a routine they both enjoy and fits in their schedule while offering to critique their workouts, routines, and dieting without actually training them. So far i've had great results!

I've got three fitness girls
one female powerlifter
three guys i'm working with
and a small group of highschool kids

and the trend has seen me put on 50lbs or better in most lower body lifts and 15-30lbs in the bench when working with me for only 6 weeks and many times just a month. The more people you make happy the more they talk..plus being a big dude gets you alot of clients just from people talking to you.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #909 on: March 25, 2008, 07:49:01 PM »
latest shot..this is me at 262lbs

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #910 on: March 25, 2008, 07:50:07 PM »
lookin' solid as shit for 262, dude.

you said we're the same age (or close). how old are you exactly?

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #911 on: March 25, 2008, 07:52:58 PM »
lookin' solid as shit for 262, dude.

you said we're the same age (or close). how old are you exactly?

24..aren't you in your early twenties?

and no i don't shave my shit..i like the "rugged" look lmfao  ;D

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #912 on: March 26, 2008, 02:17:30 AM »
You look fat and soft........hahahahahaha haha only messing bro, looking solid definately.!!

yeh im gonna stick with it, its getting me strong to so im happy.

Iv been wanting to do something similar bro (cinsult wise), so im gonna PM u about it, would like to learna  bit more?!

Haha i think u start getting props wen u lift mad weights....in actualy fact i bet the PM's started flooding in right about the time u posted the pics of u one arm deadlifting sa crazy amount of weight,im right amnt i lol.

davie

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #913 on: March 26, 2008, 03:27:18 PM »
dude i'm a big ass softie LOL I know where i'm at in the food chain..at the top because i've eaten everything within reach to weigh what i do!  ;D  I know i'd feel comfy at  245 or so cut down but that's just so...small!

ME UPPERBODY!

bench press
barx20x2
135x10x1
225x8x1
315x3x1
340x2x1
370x1x1
405x1x1
420x1x1 NEW PR!!! added 15lbs on it in 4 weeks worth of work and a retest on the 5th again!!!  When I racked it I jumped off the bench..threw my wrist wraps in the air and screamed my ass off! HAHA! DAMN it felt good!  I was going WAY too slow and my setup was bad.. i started to stall and my partner went to touch the bar and something about that just pisses me the hell off.. makes me feel like someone is trying to steal away my effort! The moment I saw his fingers touch it I blew it the hell up!  >:(  The fact he touched the bar period at all during my press made me back down to do one more push..
410x1x1 smoke show...

standing push presses (no lockout)

barx20x1
135x8x1
225x8x1
260x6x1

dumbbell rows (this is why I love metroflex!)

100x6x1
140x6x1
180x6x1
200x6x1
225x6x1
250x4x1

barbell extensions

95x10x1
135x10x1
185x8x1

and rotator rehab/prehab

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #914 on: March 26, 2008, 04:44:47 PM »
I wish I had DB's over 125 at my gym. If I want to go higher I set the bar up for T bar rows and just grab the bar end  with one hand and ROW! Great for the grip.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #915 on: March 26, 2008, 10:48:03 PM »
dude 250's thats insane, I didnt know you lived in Texas if your ever down the houston way hit me up if you need a training partner. Youd make me look like a little bitch for sure but i bet it would be a good workout.(for me at least)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #916 on: March 27, 2008, 04:56:53 PM »
dude 250's thats insane, I didnt know you lived in Texas if your ever down the houston way hit me up if you need a training partner. Youd make me look like a little bitch for sure but i bet it would be a good workout.(for me at least)

dude you haven't lived til you've strapped into some 250's HAHA!

i  go to houston every once in awhile..might be something to figure out to do! BUT again alot of people around her on getbig have wanted to workout and never show up so it's alot of back and forth LOL!

LIFT MAN YOU'VE GOT TO FIND YOURSELF A SECOND GYM FOR "SPECIAL INTERESTS" lol

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #917 on: March 27, 2008, 05:44:12 PM »
i've seen those 250's on Ronnie's video, they look crazy, i think he shrugged them in his last video, huge one piece db's.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #918 on: March 27, 2008, 06:17:34 PM »
i've seen those 250's on Ronnie's video, they look crazy, i think he shrugged them in his last video, huge one piece db's.

yeah, at that size they have to be custom made because doing the "plate loaded handle" is just unfeasible. so they're solid piece bastards. i think there's one gym that has a pair of 300s made with plates (someone on mayhem years ago mentioned it) but they're just for show.

i hear ronnie has taken them for a few shakey reps on the bench before. frankly i don't give a shit if they weren't great reps, i press with dumbbells quite literally half that size.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #919 on: March 27, 2008, 06:26:06 PM »
dude you haven't lived til you've strapped into some 250's HAHA!

i  go to houston every once in awhile..might be something to figure out to do! BUT again alot of people around her on getbig have wanted to workout and never show up so it's alot of back and forth LOL!

LIFT MAN YOU'VE GOT TO FIND YOURSELF A SECOND GYM FOR "SPECIAL INTERESTS" lol
LOL what are your special interests?
I work out at 24hour the biggest DB ive seen at one are 150's the only hardcore gym that i knew of in Houston is now a prissy gym in mid town. (i doubt they would have had 250's in their prime anyway though)

LOL anytime man, i wouldnt bitch out, your probably make me puke or pass out but thats ok.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #920 on: March 29, 2008, 06:39:41 PM »
DE lower body..

box squats on a parallel box..

135x10x1
315x5x1
405x5x1
500x3x1
added belt and wraps..
600xbombed...hips came up before the rest of me
585x2x1
585x2x1
585x2x1
500x2..wanted to finish with 6 reps but lost it on the second one... working with 585 today smoked my back.

I came to a realization today. Working with bands is great..but they're killing my stabilization when I use free weights AND even though they're heavier than normal at the top it's not helping me handling heavy weight at the bottom. I  KNOW i've lost some squatting power and am now going to start working with 585 for doubles to get used to handling heavier squats again.  I felt it was an overall bad day but learned alot from it for sure. I know downing all this AtLarge goodness too is helping me stay prep'd for this kind of hard work and i'm loving ETS and RESULTS right now...normally i'd be brutalized after bombing squats the next day but I feel brand new this morning!

good mornings

135x6x1
315x6x3

pull thru's

wholestackx8x4

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #921 on: March 30, 2008, 12:59:58 AM »
Hey bro, you and me both on that one. Bands are to beused only every other week or even further apart IMO.

Box squats werent doing me any favors either. I have to use them the same frequency as bands.

I have been squatting normal lately and I feel much better than all that crap. I will use the variations, but just as that...variations.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #922 on: March 30, 2008, 03:45:55 PM »
Hey bro, you and me both on that one. Bands are to beused only every other week or even further apart IMO.

Box squats werent doing me any favors either. I have to use them the same frequency as bands.

I have been squatting normal lately and I feel much better than all that crap. I will use the variations, but just as that...variations.

yeah see..trail adn error strikes again. I like the box squats because it's RAPING my hips for pulling and I LOVE THAT! my pulls are getting better and better because of it!

As of right now..my elbow is pretty fucked..when i dumped that squat and it rolled DOWN my back i could get my hands out of the way fast enough and i think i hyperextended my right arm just enough to be irritating. I've come down to this..i want a respectable squat. 600 or a litlte over is perfectly fine with me becuase I can still hit my goal of an 1800 total with that no problem with a 750lb pull and a 450lb bench in a year. I'm skipping most of tomorrow's heavy work and just doing more assistance movements just to keep working and get in the gym.. i'm pretty pissed because i HOPE it's not costing me my meet in april. It' my outer bicep tendon that flares up when lifting. I'm with you..i think i'm going to start using bands for e3wo and just stick with free weights. My plan is to work with 585 for sets of doubles until i can man handle it well again. It feels heavy enough that i struggle but not so heavy that my form breaks down. Either way man i'm kinda bumming...

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #923 on: March 30, 2008, 03:55:23 PM »
DE upper body

50% of 1rm

barx20x1
135x10x1
210x3x1
added monster minis
210x3x2
had to stop..elbow started bothering me BAD and i had to lay off... better to air on the side of caution instead of risking a bad injury.  Dumping that squat really did my arm a number..so instead went to work on assistance movements.

dumbell laterals

30x6x1
40x6x1
50x6x1
60x6x1

face pulls

100x8x1
160x8x1
200x8x1
235x8x1
265x6x1

and a ton of light curls and press downs for my elbows. The minute I got a good pump and built up the fluid pressure in my arms it felt SO much better. The idea behind doing this is to engorge the area with blood letting the fluid pressure create it's own sort of "pressure bandage" but not only getting the benefit of the pressure itself on the sore tendons but filling the area with oxygen rich blood and nutrients to help speed up the healing process. There's a method to the madness folks.  I did about 100 curls and about 200 pressdowns all super light today just pumping the area up. I plan on taking tomorrow's workout off for now on the heavy stuff to make sure that i'm golden for heavy pressing this upcoming wednesday.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #924 on: April 02, 2008, 03:03:52 PM »
since I'm unable to support a squat on my back right now.. i worked with front squats for sets and will continue to work on front squats until my elbow has healed up enough to support it. I knwo it's not the same but it's the best I can do...

ME upper body..

front squats on a 14" box

135x6x1
225x6x1
315x6x1
added belt and light wrapping on the knees
405x2x1
405x2x1
405xmissed..bar slipped
315x6x1

speed pulls on a 6" box (bar rests ontop of my shoes)

135x10x1
225x8x1
315x8x1
405x1x8...8 singles working on getting as low as I can! The more I did them the faster I got and the more I felt it in my quads.  I know it's a slow change at first but this I'm sure will help  my overall dead in the long run.

pull throughs

whole stackx10x3

db shrugs (10sec reps)

125'sx10x5

NO elbow irritation or pain during anything I did today... and the best part.. I pulled without any problems at all! Here's hoping I'm able to bench on wednesday!