Author Topic: The WICKED truth about my training  (Read 367995 times)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
Re: The WICKED truth about my training
« Reply #975 on: April 13, 2008, 08:13:48 PM »
friggin sweet, my squat finally caught up with your inclines!  8)

;D
follow the arrows

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #976 on: April 13, 2008, 08:20:39 PM »
friggin sweet, my squat finally caught up with your inclines!  8)

;D

HAHA hey man a 300 or better REAL squat is no slouch! And at your bodyweight it's even better than average! KEEP it up man..you'll be able to hang with us fat guys before long!  ;D

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #977 on: April 13, 2008, 08:26:43 PM »
HAHA hey man a 300 or better REAL squat is no slouch! And at your bodyweight it's even better than average! KEEP it up man..you'll be able to hang with us fat guys before long!  ;D
I'm trying like hell man  :'(

Thanks for the kind words  ;D
follow the arrows

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #978 on: April 17, 2008, 03:07:12 PM »
LIGHT! upper body day.. again

inclines

barx20x2
135x10x1
225x6x1
315x2x5

dumbbell laterals

30x8x1
40x8x1
50x8x1

h-rolls

30x15x3

dumbbell hammer curls

45x8x1
55x8x1
65x8x1
75x8x1

OKAY SHUT UP! It finally came down to either trash my place going batshit crazy with energy...go find so large animal to kill with my teeth... or lift at least a LITTLE bit!   I could'nt resist! So if  I don't do as well on the benching saturday I KNOW...YOU ALL TOLD ME SO!  >:( ;D  I did this work in just under an hour..and felt like i didn't do shit. The 315 incline doubles were a joke. I've been taking RESULTS from atlarge nutrition right before my workouts...and it's like I did nothing when i walk out of there. I feel ridiculous on that stuff!

I also had to see how my elbow was doing... and while digging around in my huge box of lifting goodies from APT.. I noticed that I had some large knee sleeves that look JUST LIKE the elbow sleeves they make. Slipped them on and felt GREAT! Tried them today and it felt soooooooo goooooood benching in them! ELBOW PROBLEM SOLVED...for now!

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #979 on: April 17, 2008, 06:17:00 PM »
315 incline doubles on a "light day". you're a bastard, hahaha.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #980 on: April 17, 2008, 06:40:02 PM »
315 incline doubles on a "light day". you're a bastard, hahaha.

want to know the funny part?

i dont' feel like i did shit the entire time i was in the gym!

i love results man... taking this shit before a workout is AWESOME!

and the elbow feels solid!  ;D

hey let me put up a pick of the incline setup i'm doing..and tell me if you'd call this an incline or not. 

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #981 on: April 17, 2008, 06:58:41 PM »

that's what i'm using for inclines in the cage...  when i set the bars up to save my ass, the bar stops 2" off my chest.

want to know what's funny? i can't get the bar to touch..at all.. i used the bar to warm up.. and had my friend LIGHTLY push DOWN on the bar to see if i could get it to go down farther and it physically won't.

is that a setup or technique issue? or just a flexibility one? I was also told by one person that that is not an incline...

it's at 35* on that setting on that particular bench's labeling. Input is appreciated.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #982 on: April 18, 2008, 06:13:49 AM »

that's what i'm using for inclines in the cage...  when i set the bars up to save my ass, the bar stops 2" off my chest.

want to know what's funny? i can't get the bar to touch..at all.. i used the bar to warm up.. and had my friend LIGHTLY push DOWN on the bar to see if i could get it to go down farther and it physically won't.

is that a setup or technique issue? or just a flexibility one? I was also told by one person that that is not an incline...

it's at 35* on that setting on that particular bench's labeling. Input is appreciated.

Definitely an incline....also, it takes Scot Mendlebomb approximately 405lbs to touch his chest in the flat bench raw.  Its a flexibility  issue.

Jason

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #983 on: April 18, 2008, 07:04:43 AM »
OKAY SHUT UP! It finally came down to either trash my place going batshit crazy with energy...go find so large animal to kill with my teeth... or lift at least a LITTLE bit!   I could'nt resist! So if  I don't do as well on the benching saturday I KNOW...YOU ALL TOLD ME SO!  >:( ;D 

At least you were honest about it. ;)

Kick some ass this weekend, would ya?!

:)

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #984 on: April 18, 2008, 05:16:32 PM »
GET AFTER IT this weekend.....best of luck man!  Lift safe!

Jason

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #985 on: April 18, 2008, 05:54:52 PM »
KICK ASS WICKED!!!! >:(

And make sure you're representin' for GetBig! ;D

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #986 on: April 18, 2008, 06:39:16 PM »
i better get some fucking competitors stars for this shit!  ;D

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #987 on: April 18, 2008, 06:59:13 PM »
We'll campaign for you buddy! :D

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #988 on: April 18, 2008, 07:18:03 PM »
dude...just thinking about being infront of the crowd on the platform has me going ballistic. It's going to be a long twelve hours HAHA I'll make sure you guys have pics, vids, and  results asap tomorrow eve.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #989 on: April 18, 2008, 08:35:51 PM »
good luck mang.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #990 on: April 19, 2008, 07:16:11 PM »
good luck mang.

HAHA THANKS man.. here are the results!

okay i promised I'd put up pics no matter what kinda day I had... so here ya go guys! I weighed in at 252. And on that note I'm cutting down to 242 but anyway...I learned alot again today. I wanted to compete with the big boys and that I did and then some. I entered 275 open raw class again and had no problem taken second in the bench and the deadlift.. the numbers however were CRAP and I'll explain why. Along with missing alot of attempts, I made alot of rookie mistakes.. again see the explainations with every photo! I HAD A BLAST ANYWAY! okay here we go..

I've never benched in a comp before so I wanted to make sure I atleast got my first two attempts and the goal was to put 400 on paper. With the elbow giving me problems for a few weeks and the training being abit out of whack.. I still felt it was reasonable. I DID NOT however realize how long of a pause we were supposed to hold at the bottom! I figured we'd touch and get a call up but nope! Some guys sat down at the bottom for three seconds at times until they had complete control of it at the bottom! I was told I was held two seconds but now seeing the vids for the first time myself... it wasn't that bad. BUT pausing SUCKS! HAHA! I was paranoid at first..got warmed up and opened with 365.  BECAUSE of the pausing issue... i hit 365 in warmup with a pause just to make sure I could get it! AND What did I do? DIDN'T WAIT FOR A RACK COMMAND! 365 OPENER DAMN NEAR A NO LIFT!!! BARELY caught the judge on teh lift command and they gave it to me. Here's the vid...

my next attempt since 365 wasn't a big deal was 380 which is what i've been working with on my heavy days that are going to change next week.. this was the next attempt i wanted to make no problem before trying 4.  On the liftoff my elbow started to bother me.. but i ignored it..380 vid.

felt solid with 380 and ignored the elbow. I was hitting the bar right where i wanted and the groove and pressing was pretty smooth out of the hole even with the pause.. so I went for 400 to meet the goal I set! Muscled through this one. Elbow griped at me the whole damn time.. but I kept my arms tucked and landed it no problem... and my ass followed the bar on the way up right off the bench! No lift!  I feel happy with it anyway. I did put up 400 in a meet raw..just not legally HAHA! weak press...but for how things have been i'm happy with it.

DEADLIFTING was the same story..i'm so used to pulling a certain way that I BLEW my opener..but they let me move up anyway. 600 opener up and down no problem..AND NO DOWN COMMAND..oops.

second attempt..was the best 650lb stiff leg'd dead you ever saw! HAHA! SMOOTH and without any problems. Just up and down and this time got my down command!

700..what i've waited for forever...and blew it. got uppity...got to shaking off the floor..and it opened my grip right up before I even had a chance.  I was so ready for this one and blew it. I WILL GET IT NEXT MEET!!! I know i'm good for it.. i'm smoking everything that points to a 700lb pull. I'll just have to work on technique til then. 700 is a helluva SLDL!!!  ;D

the strongman comp was sick with a sixteen year old kid that kicked major ass in his class! put on a helluva show and will have a great future! Travis ortimayer gave us a guest lift during the strongman deadlift meet and pulled 810 NOT ONCE BUT TWICE! SICKEST THING I'VE SEEN IN PERSON! DAMN IT WAS BADASS! Did it EFFORTLESSLY!   Honestly..big dude but not as big as i thought. ANd looking at the videos i can say the same for myself HAHA! I treated today just like another heavy lifting day in the gym. Ate like i normally do... approached things like I normally do..etc. Just made stupid ass mistakes that I will work on fixing! The show was awesome for the bber's and figure girls ofcourse with tons of good looking figure chicks all around wherever you looked.. and even got to see will harris and trey brewer (pics aren't working) but for those that bash trey.. he's a standup guy and BIG AS A FUCKING TANK! i'VE NEVER SEEN SOMEONE SO DAMN BIG IN PERSON AND IF YOU THOUGHT BRANCH WARREN'S LEGS WERE SICK..YOU SHOULD SEE TREY'S!

all in all i'm happy and i'm not... but i learned alot and that will help me later down the road! AND i got my ass handed to my by Josh Bryant..I'm sure a few of you guys have heard of him. 274lbs..raw benching 560 after j ust coming off of elbow surgery and pulled 810 both again RAW! HOLY HELL!  Kinda hard to bitch when you got smoked coming through the door! DAMN it was awesome to see that happen...cept the 810 by bryant. I was in the bathroom taking a piss but the bench press was effortless!  I woudl've smoked the 242's raw and even the 275 novices i'm told... so I'm glad I stuck with my original plan.

HOPE YOU LIKE THE VIDS GUYS!

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #991 on: April 20, 2008, 12:21:35 AM »
Great work, WICKED! That 600 DL FLEW off the floor! :o

A 1000lb total between two lifts is badass!

Get this man his stars! ;D

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #992 on: April 20, 2008, 08:19:12 AM »
No shit, 1000 pounds between 2 lifts...wtf?!  :o

CONGRATS!!!!!   Now I better not see any workouts logged in here for at least the next several days!!!   >:(

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #993 on: April 20, 2008, 08:27:19 AM »
good stuff Wicked, congrats.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #994 on: April 20, 2008, 09:11:52 AM »
awesome job wicked.

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #995 on: April 20, 2008, 11:11:36 AM »
Awesome job my brutha from anotha mutha! Practice those fine points some more and you will seriously be owning some people.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #996 on: April 20, 2008, 12:59:00 PM »
Awesome job my brutha from anotha mutha! Practice those fine points some more and you will seriously be owning some people.

LMFAO! RIP'S GOING TO BE PISSED!

but i've got work to do..i took a week off...and it's time to get back into it and get to work for july!

DE upper body!

bench press
  talked to some guys..made some changes..and am told i'm using way too much on my DE days and to work solely on speed. I did that today..

barx20x2
bar+monster minisx3x1
wide grip
135x3x3
comp grip
135x3x3
close grip
135x3x3

3board press

315x4x1
365x4x1
405x2x1
410x2x1 NEW 55lb pr from the last time I tried this!  my goal is to hammer 405 for 4 next week... that was this week's goal but I gave up on the 3rd rep and didn't on the second on the 410 so I know I can get it. I watched alot of the big raw pressers at the meet yesterday and noticed that all of them are EXPLOSIVE off the chest.. .the moment the bar touches..it's like it touches a land mine hidden under that shirt somewhere and it blows straight up! I'm working on this!

bent over barbell rows

double over hand wide grip off the floor

135x10x1
225x10x1
315x10x1
switched to double underhand...
405x8x1

double overhand is SO much harder than underhand...we're sticking with these!

face pulls

115x10x1
145x10x1
175x10x1

side laterals

45x6x1
55x6x1
65x6x1

SOLID DAY! FELT FANTASTIC! ELBOW SLEEVES ARE DOING THEIR JOB TOO! one day down... 3 months to go!

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #997 on: April 20, 2008, 01:11:01 PM »
fantastic job at the meet bro, much props!  8)

I'd be careful with underhand bb rows bro, not safe for the biceps. That's how yates tore his biceps.
follow the arrows

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #998 on: April 20, 2008, 04:34:54 PM »
LMFAO! RIP'S GOING TO BE PISSED!

It looks like you were in the gym for three hours today.  >:(

;D

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #999 on: April 20, 2008, 04:43:49 PM »
Sup SlimJim? ;)

Don't troll wicked's training thread.  Keep it to your own thread, which I admit would be pretty fkn funny if you weren't such a douchebag.