Author Topic: Bob Chick pathetic trainer?  (Read 6784 times)

Mr. Intenseone

Re: Bob Chick pathetic trainer?
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2007, 04:59:40 PM »
"Have trained at Golds ,Venice for 15 years.Have witnessed some hardcore workouts by top bodybuilders.Rory Leidelmeyer being one of the most hardcore and powerful ever witnessed. But have seen some real pathetic workouts by top guys.Here are the all time most pathetic trainers I witnessed.Paul Dillet,Gary Strydom,Mike Christian,Flex Wheeler,Bob Chicarillo.These are not just one time deals either.They were consistent with pathetic training methods and intensity. I dont care what you have read in magazines or heard.They are all awesome bodybuilders and some of my favorites,but it really told me a lot about genetics and extreme drug use. Dont get me started on what I used to see them eating in the weeks leading up to shows.And not just on cheat days. Any one else out there have these same stories?" - Tom

http://ironage.us/yabbse/index.php?topic=15830.0

Funny you mention Rory, we're having lunch tomorrow.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2007, 05:00:40 PM »
Whatever Bob did,it worked....he`s an IFBB pro,not too easy to reach that status.

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2007, 05:01:24 PM »
It is just unbelievable how some people think that they know more about bodybuilding than a PRO Bodybuilder. It like saying you know how to swim better than a shark... ::)

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2007, 05:02:46 PM »
It is just unbelievable how some people think that they know more about bodybuilding than a PRO Bodybuilder. It like saying you know how to swim better than a shark... ::)

No it's not, that a rediculous statement!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2007, 05:06:46 PM »

Looks like "Evil Angel" is making things more difficult for himself.
just push some weight!

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2007, 05:10:29 PM »

I was sure that this statement would not go well with you. Since you could not became a PRO and still thinks that you know more that PRO....oh I forgot you just DID NOT WANTED TO.... ::)
You level of frustration and disrespect for bodybuilding and bodybuilder is obvious and sad. Even so you had a Great body you carry a huge amount of frustration....just let it go...be positive

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2007, 05:13:05 PM »
Looks like "Evil Angel" is making things more difficult for himself.

Alexxx,

I don't understand...I have a enormous amount of respect for all Pro and their level of commitment and knowledge. I believe it is arrogance and ignorance to think otherwise.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2007, 05:17:15 PM »
Alexxx,

I don't understand...I have a enormous amount of respect for all Pro and their level of commitment and knowledge. I believe it is arrogance and ignorance to think otherwise.

You are making it sound like it is impossible thus limiting yourself. They are all but mere men who have found how to make themselves grow faster. Kevin Levrone takes 7 months off in a year when he trained for mr. Olympia. What do you think would happen to the average guy if he trained with Levrone and had the same determination? People are making it harder on themselves when it is so easy.
just push some weight!

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2007, 05:26:02 PM »
You are making it sound like it is impossible thus limiting yourself. They are all but mere men who have found how to make themselves grow faster. Kevin Levrone takes 7 months off in a year when he trained for mr. Olympia. What do you think would happen to the average guy if he trained with Levrone and had the same determination? People are making it harder on themselves when it is so easy.

Alexxx,

I completely agree with you all Pros are mer men. That is why you have an option you learn with them or try to destroy them so you feel better about yourself. It is sad but several people prefer to destroy someone instead of learning and becoming better.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2007, 05:29:37 PM »
Alexxx,

I completely agree with you all Pros are mer men. That is why you have an option you learn with them or try to destroy them so you feel better about yourself. It is sad but several people prefer to destroy someone instead of learning and becoming better.

I keep an open minded and take into consideration what other people post. If not for that I may not have made such great gains.

But there are pros who are stuborn and make belief that to turn pro you must be the alpha and the omega. The greatest of all champions... that is when my opinions differ and I hit them up with a dose of reality.
just push some weight!

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2007, 05:36:38 PM »
ancient jizz, the waterfall sings like forgotten piss

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2007, 05:48:16 PM »
LOL....

It never fails to make me laugh...all these "hard core" guys in the gym.

Here's a hint:

Making excessive noise...throwing weights around...swearing at the bar...etc, etc.is NOT hard core, it's also not training properly...It's being a complete idiot.

I've trained with some of the best...from old school, to modern day. I've trained with the giant killer himself, Danny Padilla and our training partner Larry Baker...workouts I doubt very much many people could have completed...I've also gone toe to toe with TP, probably THEE strongest BB I've ever trained with.

People can think what they want of my workouts...28 years of experience has tought me much, mainly, how to make a workout more effecient, and not waste energy of training like a madman...all in the name of being "hardcore".

"TRAIN SMARTER, NOT HARDER!"

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2007, 05:49:29 PM »
LOL....

Here's a hint:

Making excessive noise...throwing weights around...swearing at the bar...etc, etc.is NOT hard core, it's also not training properly...It's being a complete idiot.

I've trained with some of the best...from old school, to modern day. I've trained with the giant killer himself, Danny Padilla and our training partner Larry Baker...workouts I doubt very much many people could have completed...I've also gone toe to toe with TP, probably THEE strongest BB I've ever trained with.

People can think what they want of my workouts...28 years of experience has tought me much, mainly, how to make a workout more effecient, and not waste energy of training like a madman...all in the name of being "hardcore".

I agree. Branch is an idiot.
just push some weight!

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2007, 05:51:25 PM »
branch is a twig in the long run

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2007, 06:02:32 PM »
LOL....

Here's a hint:

Chick a classy pro > siouxglitter a sexual predator  ;D
K

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2007, 06:07:58 PM »
Eat a healthy diet and exercise.

If so desired, take drugs.  Do so at your own discretion and after being properly educated about their use.

I know you might say who am I to talk, but I have people coming up to me all the time asking me what routine I use or how to gain muscle.  The basics are 95% of it.  In my opinion, the only reason a person should ever need to consult with a guru is during contest prep (dieting) where little details become big details and where a more specific formula needs to be applied.  Even during a diet, the basics are the basics.

All the pros mentioned in this post obviously did what worked for them, regardless of intensity.

For a past junkie, TP was incredibly strong.  As much as I don't respect some of the choices he made, you can't deny the power he once had.

You would have made a much better bodybuilder then Prince. He took so many drugs it would take up a whole chapter just of daily doses. Chick can verify what an idiot Prince was/is.
just push some weight!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2007, 06:11:11 PM »
I was sure that this statement would not go well with you. Since you could not became a PRO and still thinks that you know more that PRO....oh I forgot you just DID NOT WANTED TO.... ::)
You level of frustration and disrespect for bodybuilding and bodybuilder is obvious and sad. Even so you had a Great body you carry a huge amount of frustration....just let it go...be positive

LOL...it's not frustration, it's commonsense, seriously, what makes you think because someone is a pro they more than everyone else who isn't?

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2007, 06:24:56 PM »
LOL...it's not frustration, it's commonsense, seriously, what makes you think because someone is a pro they more than everyone else who isn't?

Genetic plays an undeniable part in Muscle development but to think that knowledge is not a fundamental requirement is ignorance. Arnold had amazing genetic but his knowledge was instrumental to his success. Both componets are essential.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2007, 06:37:29 PM »
Prince makes for such an obvious psychological profile/case study.  I'm not saying this as a student of psychology, but just as a perceptive person who can figure out what makes most people tick pretty quickly.  Some people (not many) are at times hard to read, but Tom Prince is so blatantly easy to figure out.  He was just an intense personality.  Everything he did, he did to the max.  He worked hard and he partied hard.  Now he has the death penalty that is dialysis to deal with to make up for all those years of abuse.  :-\

Needless to say, I would grow like a weed off Prince's drug regiment.  I would be 220 and a lot harder than I am now using the drugs he did.  I'm not saying I would respond like Prince or look like him though (the Kevin Levrone thread was started by McFarland in jest).  I'm just saying that anyone would grow off that much gas.

Don't sell yourself so short. I am sure you could get up to at least 221 and a quarter!
just push some weight!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2007, 06:47:33 PM »
LOL!!!

I think 220 and lean would be a good size at my height.  I found that 200 and lean was near my goal look, but not quite there yet.  I'm not sure how sustainable 220 and lean would be though.

Certainly achievable naturally so keep grinding it!
just push some weight!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2007, 07:03:40 PM »
Genetic plays an undeniable part in Muscle development but to think that knowledge is not a fundamental requirement is ignorance. Arnold had amazing genetic but his knowledge was instrumental to his success. Both componets are essential.

Now that wasn't my question now was it?

And of course both components are essential, but being a pro doesn't mean you know more!

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2007, 07:24:46 PM »
intensity is over rated
Here comes the money shot

SecondFocus

• Getbig II
  • Wanna See More...?
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2007, 07:33:01 PM »
"Have trained at Golds ,Venice for 15 years.Have witnessed some hardcore workouts by top bodybuilders.Rory Leidelmeyer being one of the most hardcore and powerful ever witnessed. But have seen some real pathetic workouts by top guys.Here are the all time most pathetic trainers I witnessed.Paul Dillet,Gary Strydom,Mike Christian,Flex Wheeler,Bob Chicarillo.These are not just one time deals either.They were consistent with pathetic training methods and intensity. I dont care what you have read in magazines or heard.They are all awesome bodybuilders and some of my favorites,but it really told me a lot about genetics and extreme drug use. Dont get me started on what I used to see them eating in the weeks leading up to shows.And not just on cheat days. Any one else out there have these same stories?" - Tom

http://ironage.us/yabbse/index.php?topic=15830.0

It is not much of a comment, just someone starting a thread out of boredom perhaps. Anyone could learn a lot by training with any of these guys.
Ian L. Sitren
SecondFocus

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2007, 07:57:58 PM »
Eat a healthy diet and exercise.
If so desired, take drugs.  Do so at your own discretion and after being properly educated about their use.

I think you do forget one key part of the equation: Time.
Too many people go to the gym for a few months and expect to be big. Quit for more time than they went in the first place, then repeat the cycle. So, they end up not getting big and huge, or lean enough....because they never spend enough time where they need to be; in the gym and eating right.
Once you lose that time, be it from the gym or working for that millionth dollar, you will not get it back.

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2007, 08:10:23 PM »
I wonder about guys like Branch, Ronnie, Johnnie who train very heavily and explosively. Is the reason they train like that so much because that is he way they built their bodies from day one and they feel going lighter would make them lose some of those gains?