Author Topic: >* The New Locker Room *<  (Read 825671 times)

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
Re: *****The New Locker Room*****
« Reply #700 on: October 31, 2007, 01:03:25 PM »
Middle one or a version of that...

Would look cool on someone with a muscular back.

Dont let Metallica (mainly Lars) sue you over using a song name on your body! They might want their cut since the lawsuit with Napster.  8)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #701 on: October 31, 2007, 01:29:08 PM »
Not that anyone here cares but it's kind of cool to me.

Body weight right now is right at 200lbs and my strength in the gym is now right where it was this past winter/spring when I weighed 230...a little stronger on some lifts.

I've always said that I don't worry about actual numbers in terms of what weight I'm using, and I don't, the actual growth and development is more important to me...but even so, it is still kind of cool IMO.

Now the key is trying to improve on this without getting too stupid and letting my bf get too high as I try to get bigger and better...heaven help me, the constant struggle within, lol!

Arnold, you are truly a baby.

I never thought you were 200lbs.

It's good you're low BF%, though.

(I sense "new drama" in the locker room.)

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #702 on: October 31, 2007, 02:03:39 PM »
Middle one or a version of that...

Would look cool on someone with a muscular back.

Dont let Metallica (mainly Lars) sue you over using a song name on your body! They might want their cut since the lawsuit with Napster.  8)
haha, i thought about that, but in the translation the word death actually translates into "deth" so it's not a total infraction, lol! I'm actually leaning towards the first one...you can't see it as well in the pic though. And yes, my back is champion!

Arnold, you are truly a baby.

I never thought you were 200lbs.

It's good you're low BF%, though.

(I sense "new drama" in the locker room.)

DIV
I was 230+ this spring but shouldn't have gone a lb over 220 in retrospect...if it helps I'm hardly 5'8".
Anyway, dieted down this summer and dropped to right at 188. Since then I've been trying to be very carefull about my weight gain this year...very very carefull. Still haven't gone full blown with the "happy" stuff since then, but will before too long. Anyway, at this moment at 200lbs arms and legs are still veiny, face not bloated out, so things are looking positive so far IMO. I'll start dieting sometime in January again, this time from a lighter starting point, but that should ensure that I don't have to drop down a slow as this year.

Div, never doubt Arnold jr. Entrust your faith and forever be blessed!

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #703 on: October 31, 2007, 02:21:37 PM »
And just to clarify, I realize that this is very "headbanger" looking, and no I'm not someone you'd look at and go, yes he's a headbanger, lol!  Yes, as a lot of you know, I'm into the hard metal music, always have been but I've never gone in for making that part of my appearance...it's just a coincadence that the tat has that kind of look about it...there is a reason behind it, but you know what, I'd like to keep it to myself, lol!

I didn't think you were a headbanger, i just remember all my friends who had skulls back in school were. brought back a few memories.

Greek eh? you an Uzo drinker?

8)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #704 on: October 31, 2007, 02:46:02 PM »
I didn't think you were a headbanger, i just remember all my friends who had skulls back in school were. brought back a few memories.

Greek eh? you an Uzo drinker?

8)
No, can't stand it. Taste like black liquorish and I hate liquorish.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #705 on: October 31, 2007, 03:04:56 PM »
Liquerish lowers Test.... Going in for bloodwork?  ;)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #706 on: October 31, 2007, 05:52:23 PM »
Here's what I would do if you're looking for a tattoo. I'd look around to guys at the gym with nice tats & ask them who did them. I'd then go to the guys shop & talk to the artist. Most are pretty cool & are willing to help you with drawings & such.

Or if you ever make your way to Michigan I'll take you to my friend who's done all mine.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #707 on: October 31, 2007, 08:09:12 PM »
Here's what I would do if you're looking for a tattoo. I'd look around to guys at the gym with nice tats & ask them who did them. I'd then go to the guys shop & talk to the artist. Most are pretty cool & are willing to help you with drawings & such.

Or if you ever make your way to Michigan I'll take you to my friend who's done all mine.
Yeah, the beast I train with some times has several cool ones, he'll know where to go and get it done.

On another note, wrenched the shit out of my back tonight doing squats...last set when i was taking it off the rack. I squat barefoot usually and always if the weight is heavy, so when I do the bar has got to be just a little lower so I can get it off, otherwise I have to step up on my toes to get it off which is annoying. Anyway, had the bar to high and had to go up on my toes a bit to get it off...when I did kind of jerked to the right and the bar went on their crooked and made my back twist with the weight on it which tweaked something pretty good...went ahead and did one rep but could tell that I was about to regret it if I did another so I just racked it...I can tell from my one previous back injury that if I'm not very carefull for the next little bit, that this could turn into a big problem...shit is throbbing right now! What really sucked is I was feeling really good and was looking for a great set...oh well, next time.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #708 on: October 31, 2007, 08:15:00 PM »
On another note, wrenched the shit out of my back tonight doing squats...last set when i was taking it off the rack. I squat barefoot usually and always if the weight is heavy, so when I do the bar has got to be just a little lower so I can get it off, otherwise I have to step up on my toes to get it off which is annoying. Anyway, had the bar to high and had to go up on my toes a bit to get it off...when I did kind of jerked to the right and the bar went on their crooked and made my back twist with the weight on it which tweaked something pretty good...went ahead and did one rep but could tell that I was about to regret it if I did another so I just racked it...I can tell from my one previous back injury that if I'm not very carefull for the next little bit, that this could turn into a big problem...shit is throbbing right now! What really sucked is I was feeling really good and was looking for a great set...oh well, next time.

Be careful once your back is fucked up it tends to stay fucked up. Shit I've got two herniated discs & one that's deterorated (one of the reasons I don't squat without a Smith Machine or deadlift over 250 lbs anymore).

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #709 on: October 31, 2007, 08:23:18 PM »

Man, I have had back issues since I started training seriously. For starters, was in a bad accident at 19 and ever since then have to be very careful with all lifts. Never could leg press after that because of the rotation on my hips would jack my back up.

Then, early in my lifting career, had the bar loaded doing deads off the floor sumo style. Guy comes up from behind and says something to me as I have the bar at my knees. I twist my head as he startled me and tweaked my back bad. Dropped the weight and glared at him that his head should have been under those 45 lbs plates! Bastard, never the same since and that was about 15 years ago.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #710 on: October 31, 2007, 08:23:35 PM »
Be careful once your back is fucked up it tends to stay fucked up. Shit I've got two herniated discs & one that's deterorated (one of the reasons I don't squat without a Smith Machine or deadlift over 250 lbs anymore).
This is not a shot at you, but if i had to squat with a smith or stop doing heavy deads, I would be devastated...those are 2 of my favorite lifts...nothing gets me amped like squats and deads.

I hurt my back similar to this about 3-4yrs ago, but that time I was a little dumber. I hurt it going too heavy on deads and just told myself to ignore the pain, lol...I know idiotic. Put up with the pain for a few wks but it got worse and worse. Then one day went in for legs, started with front squats...on my first warm up set of 135 I went down and stayed down. rolled the bar down over my head and walked out of the gym hunched over...sat in the parking lot for an hour because I couldn't drive my car...I couldn't push the clutch cause it set my back on fire...I knew that was bad. I ended up having to call my mother and have her take me to the doctor that moment. haha, yeah I know, mamas boy, lol! Anyway, ends up I had twisted a vertebra in my back, 3rd one on the right from the bottom. Doc said it would be 6 months before I did deads or squats again and even then he said it would be very light at best. Well after serious rehab on my back, chiropractor, which I now have a lot of faith in, I was back to full blown leg and back training in 12 wks...doc said he'd never seen anyone heal form that so fast. Did the "stuff' I was on help with this? maybe, couldn't have hurt IMO.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #711 on: October 31, 2007, 08:28:19 PM »
This is not a shot at you, but if i had to squat with a smith or stop doing heavy deads, I would be devastated...those are 2 of my favorite lifts...nothing gets me amped like squats and deads.

I understand & I don't think of it a shot at me. I still love deadlifts I just don't go much over my bodyweight anymore - I'm too petrified of really fucking my back up. I just keep the weight between 200-250 & focus on good form & keeping the reps smooth. I also don't do regular squats without the Smith machine because of hip problems. I know it kind of sucks but I've learned to adapt over the years. Mostly with lighter weights & higher reps. Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #712 on: October 31, 2007, 08:55:35 PM »
I understand & I don't think of it a shot at me. I still love deadlifts I just don't go much over my bodyweight anymore - I'm too petrified of really fucking my back up. I just keep the weight between 200-250 & focus on good form & keeping the reps smooth. I also don't do regular squats without the Smith machine because of hip problems. I know it kind of sucks but I've learned to adapt over the years. Mostly with lighter weights & higher reps. Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do.
Hey bro, you're preaching to the choir on this one. I've got bone spurs all over my left shoulder, so I have to be a little carefull about chest and shoulder lifts. Most things don't bother it all that much, but no way can I flat bench every wk any more...incline no problem, go figure. I can still go as heavy as I want on both body parts but flat bench is only every other wk or every 3 depending on how it's feeling and on shoulder press usually DB but will do smith press now and then...on the straight bar, taking it off the rack which is as you know slightly behind your head, this rips my shoulder apart.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #713 on: November 01, 2007, 09:38:27 AM »
You guys are making my back hurt!

i injured my lower back years ago and to this day i can feel exactly how much i can push it on squats and deadlifts. some of my heavy deadlift days i could feel it pulsing and i'd back off or drop the amount of weight on the bar. same thing with squats, i'd be getting ready for my final heavy triple and i could feel it pulsing so i'd take a plate off or just move to the next exercise.

lucky for me i have yet to re-injure my back and i can feel when i'm pushing myself too much so i'll back down. i don't think i have a serious problem but who knows 10+ years from now? that's what bothers me the most.

Post knee surgery i've been really hammering away at high rep deadlifts and squats. 30+ rep range and DAMN i'm actually growing alot. i'm slowly adding weight but my surgeon wants me to keep it "sane" until january.

8)

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #714 on: November 01, 2007, 01:44:29 PM »
Backs --
I think Rim has a smart idea myself..

I think repetive stress of my work, and also chemical exposure contributed.
But the first bad sharp flare I had in my early 20s was after heavy deads.

These days the problem is in the exact same spot, but it can last for 3 days at a crack severe.
I can allwasy feel it, even thru SchII painkiller that would stop many peoples breathing.

Yur back is nothing to mess with. Take care of it, I need drop to a knee/ lunge every morning for about a hour after I get up to even get anything out the bottom of the fridge.

Steroids had nothing to do with it, it was hurt long before I ever used them, but they enabled me to run it into the ground further than I would have. That money also put me in a pretty good spot though.
Everything is tradeoffs in life.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #715 on: November 02, 2007, 12:34:13 PM »
Hope you don't mind my barging in....

Links to Luv's contest pics.   :)

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=178962.0

:)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #716 on: November 02, 2007, 01:54:18 PM »
Hope you don't mind my barging in....

Links to Luv's contest pics.   :)

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=178962.0

Luv looked great...no question!

...and come on rip, I think the guys would appreciate it if you barged in here a little more often...especially if it was barging in with some scantly clad pics ;D

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #717 on: November 03, 2007, 10:51:37 AM »
...and come on rip, I think the guys would appreciate it if you barged in here a little more often...especially if it was barging in with some scantly clad pics ;D

If that's the case she can barge in anytime.  ;D

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #718 on: November 04, 2007, 02:58:36 PM »
If that's the case she can barge in anytime.  ;D
Come on fellas, I know most of you want to see some more ripitupbaby pics in here.

Speak up and maybe we can get her to do something about it.

After all, I know most of you dream of having women walking around in your "locker room!"

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #719 on: November 04, 2007, 04:07:10 PM »
After all, I know most of you dream of having women walking around in your "locker room!"

Depends on the type of women.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #720 on: November 04, 2007, 05:57:23 PM »
Come on fellas, I know most of you want to see some more ripitupbaby pics in here.

Speak up and maybe we can get her to do something about it.

LOL   

I've always wanted to check out the men's locker room.   ;D

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #721 on: November 04, 2007, 06:18:06 PM »

LOL   

I've always wanted to check out the men's locker room.   ;D

Neater than the womens. They switched them at a local health club by me after a major remodel.
Good God, I couldn't believe how trashed the old womens was (even after considerable new work)
What yaAll do? Try to destroy them?

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #722 on: November 04, 2007, 06:22:12 PM »
Neater than the womens. They switched them at a local health club by me after a major remodel.
Good God, I couldn't believe how trashed the old womens was (even after considerable new work)
What yaAll do? Try to destroy them?

haha I don't know, but you are not the first person who I have heard that from... :D

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #723 on: November 05, 2007, 05:12:38 AM »

haha I don't know, but you are not the first person who I have heard that from... :D

It was over the Top. The insides of the lockers were like trash cans in compare to the mens.
Walls, sinks , mirrors etc looked like Govt housing tenants level  of respect for property.
But there is actually lots of that near that club. Might be the reason.

Major Night and day from the mens to womens. Same age.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #724 on: November 05, 2007, 06:32:32 AM »
PICS! PICS! Cmon Rip, we need posters in the locker room.  ;D