Author Topic: Honour's Log "Back in the gym"  (Read 38548 times)

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
Re: Honour's Log "Back in the gym"
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2007, 11:32:43 PM »
damn! 15lb jump in the dumbbells!??!  :o looks like busting ass is paying off for you bro! :D You wanting to do the mr. get big?! kick back those 100's and start pushing! LOL if you're getting the 85's easily...move up MORE MAN!
:D

Cheers mate, yeah I'm actually feeling pretty good this week, was a bit stagnent last week so i took it easy and it seems to have payed off.

Bi's

EZ bar curls (warmup)

1x70x15
1x75x12
1x80x10

Alt DB curls Drop sets

1x50x10  1x40x8 1x30x4
1x50x10  1x40x6 1x30x4
1x50x9    1x40x6 1x30x5

EZ Preacher curls

3x90xfailure
12-10-8 I think it went 8)

Real good pump today, felt great again. Darn it's going to be hard to cut out these carbs in a month or so for the MrGetBig ;D.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2007, 10:02:47 PM »
  Did shoulders today and afterwards i went into the change rooms where they have a couple of big mirrors in there. It was quiet in the gym as it's a Sunday (seems to me it's usually only the hardcore that come on Sunday's and that suits me just fine) so i whipped off the shirt and hit a few poses. One of the bigger guys at the gym happened to come in at the time and saw me and thew me a compliment saying i have put on quite a bit of muscle pretty quick :). I said thanks, but i kind of think he may have been implying that i was using or something, i took that as an even bigger compliment 8).

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2007, 05:31:02 AM »
what's this thing doing way down the bottom of the page man?! you getting lazy!?  ;D

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2007, 06:22:04 PM »
Yeah i know i know ;D. Workouts are still going great and i think i should do some measurements etc soon and compare to when i started a couple of months ago. I'm actually getting a little pain in my right elbow joint, in the front of the joint. I think i may have pulled something a little when i didn't warm up properly on Bi's the other day. Going to put some anti inflam cream on it and lay off Bi's for the week i think :-\.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2007, 05:07:42 PM »
Ok so i have been down in the dumps a little for the last week or so, turns out the pain in my Bi's was a small tear that is driving me crazy >:(.  At first i thought it was elbow pain in the front side but as it got worse i went to a physio mate of mine to let him have a quick look, turns out its a small tear in the lower part of the Bi. He says its nothing to bad or anything but i just have to take it very easy and drop all my weights way back, even on things like chest etc as the Bi's act as stabilisers on those types of things as well :-[.

Being Winter over here i know i did it on a cold day about 2 weeks ago when i was in a rush and didn't warm up properly, live and learn i guess ::).

I'm going to use this time to up my cardio a little and maybe just leave out Bi training for a while and just stay very low weight and maybe some machine work for back till i feel it's good to go :). Going to try turn this into as much of a positive as i can and hit legs harder as well 8).

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2007, 08:16:41 PM »
3 weeks off bro...seriously. Don't fuck it up more than you already have. I hope you get better man it sucks being out of the game. Took me a year to get back from a rotator issue that wasn't even a TEAR!

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2007, 02:56:12 AM »
3 weeks off bro...seriously. Don't fuck it up more than you already have. I hope you get better man it sucks being out of the game. Took me a year to get back from a rotator issue that wasn't even a TEAR!
Yeah cheers mate, I'm just going to take it really slow. Pain in the butt as i was on a roll for a while and i guess you get to feeling like your indestructible and nothing can slow you down :-\. Ah it's all good, won't hold me back for long 8). Thanks again mate.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2007, 05:28:15 AM »
Yeah cheers mate, I'm just going to take it really slow. Pain in the butt as i was on a roll for a while and i guess you get to feeling like your indestructible and nothing can slow you down :-\. Ah it's all good, won't hold me back for long 8). Thanks again mate.

HAAHA you sound like me. It's not a matter of if, it's always WHEN!

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2007, 12:32:59 AM »
Had a few days off from Weights....bit of cardio etc....cardio.....yuck lol :P.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2007, 03:50:33 AM »
Legs

Squats
 (kg's)
1x50x15
1x75x15
1x110x12
1x110x12

Leg Extentions

3 sets 15 reps (good burn)

Lying Leg curls

3 sets 15 reps

Did 30 min of cardio with the missus before hand as well which was a good warm up.

Tried a little biceps to see how it felt but was still very sore so i just did some cardio....just have to take my time. It's just so hard to not be able to do anything when you are all fired up and looking at the DB's and Plates etc staring at you....I will NEVER not warm up properly again >:(. It's like my Back Chest and Shoulders are screaming for some Iron but I can't give them what they want....... :P.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2007, 06:00:16 AM »
Legs

Squats
 (kg's)
1x50x15
1x75x15
1x110x12
1x110x12

Leg Extentions

3 sets 15 reps (good burn)

Lying Leg curls

3 sets 15 reps

Did 30 min of cardio with the missus before hand as well which was a good warm up.

Tried a little biceps to see how it felt but was still very sore so i just did some cardio....just have to take my time. It's just so hard to not be able to do anything when you are all fired up and looking at the DB's and Plates etc staring at you....I will NEVER not warm up properly again >:(. It's like my Back Chest and Shoulders are screaming for some Iron but I can't give them what they want....... :P.

Quit testing those biceps! :P :D HA! I've got something seriously going on in my elbow. Any sort of direct arm work for bi's or tri's kills me so I'm laying off them for awhile AND YOU SHOULD TOO YA MONSTER!  ;D  I like the pain but DAMN! You ever get it looked at? And how are you liking those squats? Legs blowing up? I think you should put more into your squatting instead of just hand full of sets. The little squatting I've done this year, already has my quads rubbing holes in my underwear...

or maybe it was the taco bell from the other day. EITHER WAY!  ;D LOOKING GOOD IN HERE MAN!

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2007, 07:47:56 PM »
Thanks mate, yeah i think I'll take your advice and up the squats to prob about 5 work sets i think. I was working out with the missus again so it was a quicker one 8). Shes actually Squatting 60kg now and I'm pretty proud of her ;D.

LOL yeah it's just hard to lay off the arms and stuff, i guess you know what I mean with your elbow, hope that comes good btw. You have been lifting quite heavy and upped the weight a lot over the last few months tho Wicked, prob your tendons etc having trouble keeping up with your muscle mass or something!?

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2007, 07:55:08 PM »
Thanks mate, yeah i think I'll take your advice and up the squats to prob about 5 work sets i think. I was working out with the missus again so it was a quicker one 8). Shes actually Squatting 60kg now and I'm pretty proud of her ;D.

LOL yeah it's just hard to lay off the arms and stuff, i guess you know what I mean with your elbow, hope that comes good btw. You have been lifting quite heavy and upped the weight a lot over the last few months tho Wicked, prob your tendons etc having trouble keeping up with your muscle mass or something!?

Yeah man I'm thinking so. I might take a week off after I'm done with PCT and just let my body relax. Since tendons and such take about 8-10weeks to respond vs muscles taking only a few. I can easily see how they'll have a hard time always catching up with them which leads to injuries. Tomorrow I'm doing an arm day for the fuckers that think I'm full of shit! LMAO! I've been feeling pretty spry lately, so I'm going to give it a go. If it starts to hurt after a few exercises I'll stop. Do more on the squats.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2007, 01:45:19 AM »
Shoulders/Tri's

Seated Machine Press

2 warm up sets of 15 reps
4 work sets 8-12 reps

DB side Laterals

4 sets 15 reps

Tri Cable pushdowns

3 sets 12-15 reps

Dips

3 sets to failure 25-30 reps

Cable reverse grip pushdowns

3 sets 8-12 reps

Didn't go too silly today just keeping weight at med level and feeling the muscle, waiting for the Bi to fully heal 8).

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2007, 05:28:49 AM »
Hey bro what did your bicep tear feel like? Did you notice it when you did it? Or did it just show up and was sore the next day?

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2007, 10:31:21 PM »
I kind of felt a little twinge i guess you would say, kind of weird i guess. Wasn't like it was painfull or anything, just a weird feeling in the arm. I kept working after it...yeah dumb move i know....but I just didn't realise i had done anything wrong at the time ::).

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2007, 10:44:04 PM »
Heres a pic i took in the locker room at gym today. My abbs look a little funny as i was only half tensing i guess and my lower abbs look non existent, I think my bf% would be somewhere around the 17-20% or somewhere around there. I'll take a better one when it is quieter. Feel like a bit of a dick taking pic's in the locker room ;D. Oh I'm not really that ugly either girls....but it is a Sunday after a night out ya know ;D.

I have managed to add a bit of muscle over the last few months and am quite happy with how i have been going but my Bicep tear is really shitting me :P. I'm hopping that I will look ok come the MrGetbig as I know a lot of the other guys will have way more muscle than me and be more cut to boot. I just want to do my best and not embarrass myself. I know I look "ok" compared to someone that doesn't work out but I am nowhere near where I would like to be. Hopefully next year i will be able to bring a better package and add some more beef before i try to diet down and loose half of it 8). All takes time I guess :).

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2007, 03:43:07 AM »
Back

Lat pulldown

5 sets 15-20 reps

Chins

3 sets about 10 reps per set. (Went very wide on these as it seemed to be easier on my Bicep).

T-Bar rows

3x12x70 (kept weight low)

Close grip machine pulldowns

3 sets about 20 reps (low weight)

Not a bad workout as i didn't get too much pain in my arm but still got a decent pump in my back. Funny how when you have to you can really focus on the muscle group you are using 8).

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2007, 09:14:20 AM »
you move that kinda weight and you're THAT BIG?! FUCKING GENETICS!!!  >:( >:(

lol nice work bro. You're looking closer to 10-11% I'm at the BF percentage you THINK you are.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2007, 05:28:02 PM »
lol nah mate i don't even really have any veins in my Bis, from time to time you can see them but they are nothing like yours :o. I think I'm way higher than 10-11% I think it just looks that way because of the light in that pic or something. Ya gotta remember My Bi's are only just around the 16" mark atm, if Genetics where on my side I'd be looking at the 18-19 mark ;D.

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2007, 02:07:40 AM »
Lookin good Honour!  Have fun with the Mr Getbig.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2007, 03:58:17 AM »
Lookin good Honour!  Have fun with the Mr Getbig.

Cheers Rowdy 8).

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2007, 07:44:53 PM »
Shoulders

Seated machine press

3 warmup sets
3 work sets 8-10 reps

DB side laterals

3 drop sets (have to hold DB's closer to my body with arms bent a little to prevent pain in my Bicep :-\)

DB bent laterals

3 sets 15 reps

Nice little workout, no real pain in Bi, but i didn't really push it too much either and my weight is down again. But all in all felt pretty good :).

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2007, 05:53:33 AM »
That's what we need to be reading in here baby!!! IT'S FEELING GOOD! HAHAHA! Man if you keep it together and tighten it up with a strict diet a month or two out from the Mr. Getbig and learn to pose to your strengths, you shouldnt' have any problem doing well. I wish I had your build. You've got great shape and thickness where you need it. My ass is just big..period.  ;D

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2007, 06:14:43 AM »
lol cheers mate, yeah i think going easy on the arm is paying off. Little by little its feeling better, just takes time 8).

I tell ya what the worst part about trying to cut calories etc like i am now is that its 11:00 pm here atm and I have the munchies real bad :P. I just made up some chicken breast and had that but I'm still hungry darn it ;D. I so much like the bulking part of Bodybuilding where ya can pretty much just eat whatever and whenever you like ;D.

ARRGGGGHHH got the munchies bad ;D!