Author Topic: Honour's Log "Back in the gym"  (Read 38447 times)

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
Re: Honour's Log "Back in the gym"
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2007, 03:02:29 AM »
Chest (Light day)

Pushups  (warmup)

3 sets of 25 Flat/Decline/Incline

Flat BB Bench

2 warmup sets 15 reps

3 work sets 6-10 reps

Incline DB press

3 sets 10 reps

Dips

3 sets 20-25 reps

Easy day as I was feeling a little tired. Seem to be getting so hungry and am finding it hard to stick to the diet. May have a bit of a cheat meal on Sunday then get back on track come Monday. New respect for guys that compete....cutting is way harder than bulking ;). Bicep was playing up a little bit yesterday and that was one of the reasons i took it easy today. Hate the way i still cant work Bi's, i can notice they have lost a bit of size...but I'll get it back 8).

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2007, 10:02:16 PM »
Here is a pic of my back atm, not sure how i feel about it though. I think i need more thickness in the upper back as it looks a bit flat, but it could have been the way i was posing and I'd like to take some more pics etc. Tbh I thought my upper back was better than that :P. Width is getting there i guess and lower back is showing some signs of improvement. Not overly impressed with the pic but i think i could bring it out more with some posing practice etc. Need a tan as well ;D.

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2007, 12:56:35 AM »
Lookin' good Honour! your waist looks tiny.  8)

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2007, 06:56:47 PM »
Thanks mate, my waist is around 30-31 i think. Not super small or anything but I guess it doesn't really matter what the actually tape says, more the illusion of a small waist that I want ;).

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2007, 04:57:01 AM »
Some light Bi's today, still getting some soreness :P, darn it is driving me nutts, starting to wonder if it wasn't something else that went wrong in there :-[.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2007, 05:09:49 AM »
I was wondering where the hell you went man! When you going to get those biceps looked at! We all know you can't have huge guns without curling 70lb DB's and if you can't curl 70lb DB's yet, you'll never get those huge guns!!!

that's what hte magazine says..no lie!  ;) ;D

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2007, 06:48:53 AM »
ROFL ;D yeah man i don't know, its been feeling better but just had a bad day with em today.

Just kills me sometimes coz i have no size at all in my Bi's anymore and still no veins in em even with the lower BF% :o?

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2007, 06:55:44 AM »
ROFL ;D yeah man i don't know, its been feeling better but just had a bad day with em today.

Just kills me sometimes coz i have no size at all in my Bi's anymore and still no veins in em even with the lower BF% :o?

LOL is this you WISHING for high blood pressure or something?

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2007, 07:10:48 AM »
LOL is this you WISHING for high blood pressure or something?

Hey man its your fault for posting those pics of your guns a few weeks back, made me feel all insecure and shit ;D ;D ;D.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2007, 07:12:10 AM »
Hey man its your fault for posting those pics of your guns a few weeks back, made me feel all insecure and shit ;D ;D ;D.

I could post a pic of my gut if that owuld make you feel better bro lmao

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2007, 12:42:50 AM »
Man i'm really hurting with this diet thing, feel like I haven't really lost much bodyfat over the last couple of weeks. Just going to have to cut back a touch more I'd say, just hard work and a bit of experimenting i think :P.

Legs

Squats: 6 sets working up to 110kg for 15 reps

Leg extentions: 4 sets for 15 reps

Leg Curls: 4 sets 15 reps

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2007, 03:10:27 AM »
Great new avatar Honour!  ;D

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2007, 03:30:34 AM »
Great new avatar Honour!  ;D

Hahaha glad you approve mate, i kinda like it too ;D

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2007, 05:22:25 AM »
LOL yeah no shit...you make this place look good bro! speaking of which..WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN MAN?!!  ???

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2007, 12:28:43 AM »
LOL yeah no shit...you make this place look good bro! speaking of which..WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN MAN?!!  ???

lol hey mate, yeah been a bit off track since i did the arm. I know its just a state of mind and all but when you are making good gains for a while then all of a sudden you drop way back, it kind of sucks some of the momentum away from you :-[.

But on the bright side i did back today and the bi held up quite well, didn't do any chins or bent rows though which are both my favorites but i got a great pump and felt really good.

Back

Wide grip pulldowns: 4 sets assending

Seated cable rows: 3 sets

Bent row Machine thingy: 3 sets

Machine underhand rows: 2 drop sets

Not a bad one all round and no real arm pain :).

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #90 on: September 08, 2007, 12:37:59 AM »
Here is a pic i took after my workout again today.....

I feel like i have gained a little hardness but not really where i hoped i would be, this diet stuff is killing me. It's like some days i wake up feeling really off and others quite on, I have no clue what I'm doing tbh ;D. Just kind of experimenting etc to see what my body likes etc

Below is a pic i took a few weeks ago for comparison....

I think I'm geeting there but just have some stubborn fat here and there, time will tell i guess :P.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2007, 12:39:33 AM »
After looking at that pic i think it makes me look better than i actually am lol ;D.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2007, 05:36:50 AM »
Shoulders and Tris today....

Seated Shoulder machine press: 5 sets assending

DB side laterals: 3 drop sets

Dips: 2 sets 25 reps

DB overhead extentions: 2 sets 12 reps

Cable pushdowns: 3 sets last one was a drop set

Have to say it was a short but quite intense workout, great pump in the tris 8).

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: September 10, 2007, 08:52:52 AM »
looking outstanding bro! Your waist has shrank all to hell! That's only after a few weeks of dieting? I'm starting to cut back down again and taking it seriously. I want to see abs again. I'm tired of having a great over all build but soft gut. FUCK THAT! Keep it up man! You know you're not working hard if you're not leaving blood on the floor! BRING THAT SHIT BABY!!!

You decide if you're doing the get big contest or not?!

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2007, 12:04:42 AM »
Thanks mate, still trying to figure out how to keep the diet consistant, my eating is all over the place atm due to a slight change in my work schedule:P.

You decide if you're doing the get big contest or not?!

Oh yeah man I have always been doing it, bicep or no bicep ;D. I think it's Rowdy that was deciding to do it or not :D.

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #95 on: September 18, 2007, 05:03:53 AM »
Hey Honour, how's the contest prep going?

Also, what placing are you aiming for?  A few have dropped out, but there's also some unknowns who's pics I haven't seen  :-\

I reckon you're in line for a good place.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #96 on: September 18, 2007, 04:08:11 PM »
Hey Honour, how's the contest prep going?

Also, what placing are you aiming for?  A few have dropped out, but there's also some unknowns who's pics I haven't seen  :-\

I reckon you're in line for a good place.

Thanks for the props mate but I'm not really in it for a place and figure i will be in the bottom few if not last 8), lets just say if I am not dead last I will truly be happy ;D. I have just been using it to keep me on track with diet and stuff and for the motivation. I have never really tried to diet before so it has been hella hard ;D.

Tbh I think i dieted too far out as i have been looking quite good for the last 3 weeks or so but have been cheating lately on some extra food etc and have lost a lot of condition, so hard to stay at a certain level for a long time. I think its all about timing etc with this diet stuff.

Ahh it's all about learning i guess and I'll use it to come back better next year :).

Thanks again bro 8)

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: September 18, 2007, 08:25:06 PM »
Yeah mate dieting is pretty shit.  I tried to start last week and noticed a pretty big change by friday, then the weekend took me back to step 1.  :(  It's been just a big game of trial and error for me, but I'll learn from my mistakes.

Keep it up mate :)

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #98 on: September 18, 2007, 11:35:52 PM »
Yeah mate dieting is pretty shit.  I tried to start last week and noticed a pretty big change by friday, then the weekend took me back to step 1.  :(  It's been just a big game of trial and error for me, but I'll learn from my mistakes.

Keep it up mate :)

Yep thats what I'm finding as well, I look good one day then a few days later i look like crap because i had lunch down at the pub with the boys or something lol ;D, just so hard to stick with it :P.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #99 on: September 18, 2007, 11:39:12 PM »
Pic i took at the gym today after a light back workout (still can't do much because of the Bi :-[ )

Epic old guy in the background getting changed ;D

I still need to cut a ton of fat, as i look ok with my shirt off but no-where near ripped or anything :-\. Oh and i kind of need to get a tan real bad ;D.