Author Topic: Mike Arvilla, one week out from palm Beach Classic  (Read 34367 times)

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
Re: Mike Arvilla, one week out from palm Beach Classic
« Reply #250 on: June 21, 2007, 09:00:24 PM »
In my opinion, fear of over training holds more people back than helps people along.

I see dozens of people in the gym who don't make progress talk to me about over training.  "I stopped squatting every week, because I'm scared of over training."
"I don't do too many drop sets, don't want to over train."

You can over train....but I think a lot of people who think they're over trained are just tired....from working hard!

very good post...All a person has to do is take a look at speed skaters and bicycle racers...These guys train almost every day with reps that bodybuilders couldn't even phatom...And their quads and calves are massive...

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #251 on: June 21, 2007, 09:21:01 PM »
Being flat AND fat is definitely not the way to go. When you're behind fat-wise you really need to be full and have some sort of pop to the muscles. If they're filled with glycogen, they'll provide him with a much, much tighter look.

Dude is not flat though, maybe he feels he is but is not.  Just too much BF, and water on top of that is really gonna be bad.  muscles only "pop" when you are lean enough and the skin is thin. If Mike was lean and truely flat then yeah carb up some but thats not what is going on in this case.

I guess we will see come show time.  I wish him the best of luck and I think its cool how he shows us his progress and preperation, be cool if more people did that.

garraeth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #252 on: June 21, 2007, 10:37:34 PM »
Mike, if you're going to continue to do shows, wouldn't it make sense to get that gyno taken care of? 
What gyno? I see no gyno...just lack of outer pec so there is a divit on the side.

And yea, Mike, you CAN work your outer pec...if you don't believe me, try doing everything on your chest day wide-grip and see if you're sore on just your outer pec the next day...my outer pec sucks, so I'm trying hard to build it up.

garraeth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #253 on: June 21, 2007, 10:40:16 PM »
bullshit legs should be worked 8 days per week
eh, you guys who don't agree, post a pic to show that you know more than I do (I remember how much Berserkfury would slam people who gave advice -- and look at his scrawny ass)...or shut up and remember -- I did state it is just my opinion and I am not a guru.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #254 on: June 22, 2007, 03:41:44 AM »
you look a lot better than the camera pics mike.

in any case, i agree with maloney, you look like you're filling up nicely. you will look a lot better than being flat and fat.

you're doing the show. that means giving it your best shot mike (is there any other way to do a show?). smile and be proud of what you've accomplished. flex that body like you own the contest and everyone is there to see you. 8)

good luck! :)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #255 on: June 22, 2007, 06:42:17 AM »
you look a lot better than the camera pics mike.

in any case, i agree with maloney, you look like you're filling up nicely. you will look a lot better than being flat and fat.

you're doing the show. that means giving it your best shot mike (is there any other way to do a show?). smile and be proud of what you've accomplished. flex that body like you own the contest and everyone is there to see you. 8)

good luck! :)

Thanks!!..................off to the gym right now
(posing,some abs..."pump up a bit")

ill try to snap some pics (ill get Laura when she isn't looking)

thanks for all the support/suggestions.................it really does help

peace
Mike

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #256 on: June 22, 2007, 07:23:29 AM »

Good Luck to both of you!  And don't miss any callouts!! 
    ;D

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #257 on: June 22, 2007, 07:28:32 AM »
mike, while i love to bust your balls and occasionally cyber with cheri, i gotta shoot you straight here (as someone who does compete).

you're not shrededd this time so you cant afford to come in flat.  last time you could, since you were so tight.  not this time.  carb the fuck up man!
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #258 on: June 22, 2007, 07:36:55 AM »
mike, while i love to bust your balls and occasionally cyber with cheri, i gotta shoot you straight here (as someone who does compete).

you're not shrededd this time so you cant afford to come in flat.  last time you could, since you were so tight.  not this time.  carb the fuck up man!

I agree with this assessment, enjoy the show and get some pics of that hot wife of yours bent over when she is not looking hehehehe.
How you look UNDER THE LIGHTS is what matters. Get some carbs in ,have fun , look at the contest pics of you ON STAGE, talk to the judges after the show, etc.
Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Stavios

« Reply #259 on: June 22, 2007, 07:37:45 AM »
Good job Mike, to be honnest you look a lot better than I expected you to look judging by your other pics

have fun !

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #260 on: June 22, 2007, 07:42:19 AM »
cuz he's using synthol to win a trophy in a local NPC show.

i got made fun of in school because of my cheap ass kicks and my nappy hair.

it's only fair that mike gets made fun of for cheating in a sporting event.

I don't know if the guy uses synthol and could care less. Rules? wtf? against various enhancement substances ???give me an f'n break. Since when does anyone in a NON tested show follow any actual rules on banned substances.

Anyhooo, don't know or care what big Mike did to prep for this event. Good luck MIKE

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #261 on: June 22, 2007, 08:03:53 AM »
I don't know if the guy uses synthol and could care less.

some fan of the sport you are.  you dont care if guys are pumped with oil? 
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #262 on: June 22, 2007, 08:16:24 AM »
some fan of the sport you are.  you dont care if guys are pumped with oil? 

Seriously, if the "oil" looks absurd I can tell you from a judges stand pt that you don't place well, looking like you get stung by a bee hive LOL.
But seriously, why pick on a little synthol when the figire girls have boob implants in a "figure" comp? :o

Unless the contest makes a valid effort to actually ban all substances, who cares????

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #263 on: June 22, 2007, 11:55:21 AM »

It's all in fun livewire (i understand that)

here is a picture taken about an hour ago (after carbing up a bit)

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #264 on: June 22, 2007, 11:58:18 AM »
I admire your drive and sincerity, but you have hopeless genetics (you are even worse than me). Your legs are the worst of any BB and you have bitch tits. I think it would be better if you took it less seriously, coz you seem to be a really good guy. Peace!

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #265 on: June 22, 2007, 12:09:53 PM »

It's all in fun livewire (i understand that)

here is a picture taken about an hour ago (after carbing up a bit)

Mike, gotta agree with Stavios here, you do look a lot better than I thought based on the earlier pics.  Good job for the time you had.

Keep up the good work, and I think the carb up is working for you!

BTW, are you certain you have gyno?  Have you had it checked out?  It looks to me like some subcutaneous fat around your lower pecs more than gyno...probably would go away if you were just a few pounds leaner.

Good luck this weekend!
just not good enough

AVBG

« Reply #266 on: June 22, 2007, 12:22:39 PM »
Best of luck Mike.. You have come a long way (this time around) in a short time.. Use this experience at this show to make no mistakes at the next one  ;)

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #267 on: June 22, 2007, 12:30:06 PM »
I've chimed in many times giving you and Cheri Lane a hard time. On a serious note, you seem to have a relationship that most on this board envy. Two people with similar interests who love and motivate each other to reach higher. You both look good, outstanding if you consider what the average person your ages looks like.   Good Luck to both of you.  I will bust your chops again, but not today.

~salmon~

« Reply #268 on: June 22, 2007, 12:58:24 PM »
looking good Mike.  Real good  ;D

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #269 on: June 22, 2007, 01:02:40 PM »
that's disgusting.

~salmon~

« Reply #270 on: June 22, 2007, 01:05:45 PM »
that's disgusting.

don't be so judgemental.  to each his own.  Mike, you go girl!

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #271 on: June 22, 2007, 01:10:05 PM »
don't be so judgemental.  to each his own.  Mike, you go girl!

Cut it out dude, your act is old ::)

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #272 on: June 22, 2007, 01:25:05 PM »
Very good improvements Mike!

~salmon~

« Reply #273 on: June 22, 2007, 01:39:50 PM »
Cut it out dude, your act is old ::)

Okay "DF" ::)

It's not Mike's fault that Laura used up all of his clen for her show and now he's trying to get contest ready on Trim-Spa.  Ha ha ha ha!!!!

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #274 on: June 22, 2007, 01:42:01 PM »
Okay "DF" ::)

It's not Mike's fault that Laura used up all of his clen for her show and now he's trying to get contest ready on Trim-Spa.  Ha ha ha ha!!!!

Lol, It's like you're trying your best, but you just don't have what it takes  :)