Author Topic: Me squatting...  (Read 14078 times)

Joey Tito

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: Me squatting...
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2007, 08:35:07 PM »
PROPS ON THE SQUAT! NICE TO SEE SOMEONE WITH GOOD FORM MOVING BIG WEIGHT!

I do have one question though, for all the flapping your gums do and as big as you are, why are you only putting up 405 for only 8 reps? Need to spend less time talking shit on the pc and more time busting ass in teh squat cage. Loved the vid though. I'm going to use it as an example for those looking for a vid on how to squat properly.

WT, you should post a vid of you squatting.  You put up some pretty damn impressive numbers.  Mad props, mate! 8)

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2007, 08:47:53 PM »
I can def see him doing 700lbs weighing 40lbs more, and being juice to the gills.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2007, 09:09:27 PM »
WT, you should post a vid of you squatting.  You put up some pretty damn impressive numbers.  Mad props, mate! 8)

No one I know one and we have camera nazi's at our gym.  >:( I caught some shit for using my camera phone trying to take some form pics of my bent over barbell rows to make sure I was hitting it right and I got the speech. I said "I don't need a speech...just warn me not to do it again so I can get on with my workout please!"

I did post some pics though in my workout log if that satisfies your curiousity.

on a side note. If sevatese is a powerlifter when it comes to squats and does numbers instead of reps, he can easily hit 600 or better in a few months time.

Joey Tito

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2007, 09:14:42 PM »
No one I know one and we have camera nazi's at our gym.  >:( I caught some shit for using my camera phone trying to take some form pics of my bent over barbell rows to make sure I was hitting it right and I got the speech. I said "I don't need a speech...just warn me not to do it again so I can get on with my workout please!"

Damn for real?  Why would they have a policy against taking pics of yourself while lifting?  Gyms in New Zealand are much cooler about that kind of thing. 8)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2007, 09:17:39 PM »
Damn for real?  Why would they have a policy against taking pics of yourself while lifting?  Gyms in New Zealand are much cooler about that kind of thing. 8)

Yep. They've got little plastic signs PROFESSIONALLY PRINTED put up on the mirrors and on the pillars of the buildings as reminders. Re fucking tarded if you ask me. But then again I'm not sure what could possibly happen if you took pics or had a short vid of you lifting. I do know however in the business world for something like that to happen, someone would've had to have done something to cause such an uproar. Like some girl getting pissed cuz some shortstack decided to take pics of her ass on the leg curl machine.

Drogon

• Getbig II
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2007, 09:30:03 PM »
 ::)  FAKE PLATES

;D 
Nah, quite impressive

Joey Tito

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2007, 09:56:44 PM »
Like some girl getting pissed cuz some shortstack decided to take pics of her ass on the leg curl machine.

LMFAO!  Very true!

meatusheadus

• Getbig I
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2007, 10:09:33 PM »
you could lower to 3 plates and go ass to grass.

no need to impress the local gym rats or bitches..

Looks great.  In the past I used depth as well as weight to impress...ass to grass with only a few inches clearance.  It caught up with me.  Not a necessary or fun injury.  On the other hand...no risk no reward?  Nice video though.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2007, 10:16:12 PM »
Agree.

Very good squats, both vids. The 500 is above parallell however.

IMO, it looks like seva is used to handle lots of weight, the walkout is a piece of cake.

sevastase: have you ever tried squatting without a mirror?

I don't like the mirror....I find it distracting...I'll film it next time from a side view to show u that is bellow parrallel . the angle of the camera makes it deceitful...oh well..

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2007, 10:20:08 PM »
PROPS ON THE SQUAT! NICE TO SEE SOMEONE WITH GOOD FORM MOVING BIG WEIGHT!

I do have one question though, for all the flapping your gums do and as big as you are, why are you only putting up 405 for only 8 reps? Need to spend less time talking shit on the pc and more time busting ass in teh squat cage. Loved the vid though. I'm going to use it as an example for those looking for a vid on how to squat properly.
I stopped at 8 to save some energy for the 5 plate set.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2007, 10:22:27 PM »
I stopped at 8 to save some energy for the 5 plate set.

Makes perfect sense. I do the same thing. I didn't realize you had a five plate set til after I posted that. I thought that was the big show you were bringing. 5 plates to the ground, that's a big squat in my book.  :)

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2007, 10:44:41 PM »
I'll play devil's advocate here, although I would like to make PERFECTLY CLEAR that those videos are very inspirational and represents the art of TRUE LIFTING.

But, i would like to adress something that came up in another post.

As good as Seva's lifts are, i don't think they are causing a lot of damage in his quads muscles, hypertrophy wise. His assertive about saving some energy for a heavier squat - 5 plates - sums it up. As good and strong that lift was, he made 3 reps only. That's NOT growth inducive. He would reap much better benefits taking his sets to ABSOLUTE failure with slightly higher reps, getting a spotter behind just for the sake of safety and to get green lights to go balls to the wall and not run the risk of missing a rep or getting stuck. In that sense, i think 3 and a half plates each side or possibly 4 plates like he did, BUT taken to absolute failure, for about 4 or 5 sets around 10 or 12 reps would TRANSFORM his legs all around.

In my book, judging by the way he structures his sets, he's more concerned in getting his numbers up and/or getting stronger. If the goal is maximum growth, change the attitude, or at least change the structure and direction of the program and start to rotate slightly lighter days with a bigger volume of sets taken to failure, more reps and less weight.

Having said that, CONGRATULATIONS FOR THE AWESOME LIFT AND WORK ETHIC. We know that is not easy at all. Props!!
Reservations at Dorsia ?

climber

• Getbig III
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2007, 10:45:28 PM »
Good work Sevastase!  :)
Hrmmm

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2007, 10:47:05 PM »
I'll play devil's advocate here, although I would like to make PERFECTLY CLEAR that those videos are very inspirational and represents the art of TRUE LIFTING.

But, i would like to adress something that came up in another post.

As good as Seva's lifts are, i don't think they are causing a lot of damage in his quads muscles, hypertrophy wise. His assertive about saving some energy for a heavier squat - 5 plates - sums it up. As good and strong that lift was, he made 3 reps only. That's NOT growth inducive. He would reap much better benefits taking his sets to ABSOLUTE failure with slightly higher reps, getting a spotter behind just for the sake of safety and to get green lights to go balls to the wall and not run the risk of missing a rep or getting stuck. In that sense, i think 3 and a half plates each side or possibly 4 plates like he did, BUT taken to absolute failure, for about 4 or 5 sets around 10 or 12 reps would TRANSFORM his legs all around.

In my book, judging by the way he structures his sets, he's more concerned in getting his numbers up and/or getting stronger. If the goal is maximum growth, change the attitude, or at least change the structure and direction of the program and start to rotate slightly lighter days with a bigger volume of sets taken to failure, more reps and less weight.

Having said that, CONGRATULATIONS FOR THE AWESOME LIFT AND WORK ETHIC. We know that is not easy at all. Props!!
excellent post

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2007, 10:55:54 PM »
excellent post

Thanx, man!! Appreciate it!
Reservations at Dorsia ?

Joey Tito

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2007, 11:51:56 PM »
Sevastase,

Props bro.  Great lifting.  I notice Squadfather has tucked his tail between his legs in this thread.  He claims to squat 495 for sets of 8, yet he refuses to post a vid to prove that claim.  Until he posts a vid, it's all bullshit lies.  You, on the other hand, have scored some major points on Getbig with this video! :)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2007, 11:56:15 PM »
Sevastase,

Props bro.  Great lifting.  I notice Squadfather has tucked his tail between his legs in this thread.  He claims to squat 495 for sets of 8, yet he refuses to post a vid to prove that claim.  Until he posts a vid, it's all bullshit lies.  You, on the other hand, have scored some major points on Getbig with this video! :)
I've always been a big fan of backing up any claims ... However , those videos got nothing to do with leg developement...they're more of an ego trip.

Joey Tito

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2007, 11:59:17 PM »
I've always been a big fan of backing up any claims ... However , those videos got nothing to do with leg developement...they're more of an ego trip.

Good stuff. 8)

I just wish Squadfather would now back up his supposed squat claims with a vid.  He won't do it, though, because he lies about how much he actually squats.

Ironic, isn't it?  All this time he was criticizing you, yet all this time you are actually much stronger and have more lean muscularity than he does. 8)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2007, 12:05:50 AM »
good squat.. not quite rock bottom..
but good nontheless
choice is an illusion

Alex23

« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2007, 12:34:24 AM »
Brutal romanian accent,  epic "save our ears and put damns collars", nasty 90's "it's a beatiful life" playing in the backgroud.

But pretty good for a guy with a small frame like yours.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2007, 01:07:20 AM »
Why aren't more of sevastase's posts like this, less bullshit and more Bodybuilding. I think i may have seen a pic of sevastase somewhere around here ;D and he does have good legs! Great lifts and a good thread 8).

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2007, 01:15:44 AM »
I'd like to ask the same thing, especially if it's true he juices? ???
I've been juicing for 5 weeks dude...hold on...muscle doesn't grow like bamboo...it takes a little time..even with muscle memory ...clean I was doing 315 for 10 reps. U gotta be carefulwith the weights because only at 18 u have rubber joints. As we get older we injure more easily ..at least I do.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2007, 03:41:52 AM »
Good lifts, plates look fishy though.  They are grouped in there with bumper plates on the Floor.  At my gyms powerlifting section we have plates that look like 45's but are actually 25's, so the power/olympic lifters are still using weights with the same size overall diameter.  You'll see little queers put 4 on each side and bench it to make it look like they are big benchers.  They are metal and clang when they hit each other but the bar doesn't bend like it would with 405.

Sevastatse, I'm not saying you used fake plates, just pointing out the possibility.  Good work. 

\

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2007, 04:11:31 AM »
Good lifts, plates look fishy though.  They are grouped in there with bumper plates on the Floor.  At my gyms powerlifting section we have plates that look like 45's but are actually 25's, so the power/olympic lifters are still using weights with the same size overall diameter.  You'll see little queers put 4 on each side and bench it to make it look like they are big benchers.  They are metal and clang when they hit each other but the bar doesn't bend like it would with 405.

Sevastatse, I'm not saying you used fake plates, just pointing out the possibility.  Good work. 

Brutal envy, epic self hate.

Excellent work Sevatese! Don't listen to all the 'guys' complaining about not going to the floor - they looked great to me! Keep up the good work!

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2007, 04:17:54 AM »
very good squats, like some people said, a lot better than 90% of people you see normaly in gym.
good work! very strong
!