Author Topic: In defense of the race card... (very long post)  (Read 14428 times)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Re: In defense of the race card... (very long post)
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2007, 02:33:34 PM »
I know what it is. You are saying we're harsher on Vick because of his background, yet you lecture me what we can and can't do in America? Perhaps something to do with my own background?  ;)

...because no one ever uses the phrase "It's a free country" to anyone except Middle Eastern immigrants. It's not like it's a figure of speech or anything.

I don't think anything in the posts I pasted from could be considered a joke. Like I said previously, they may have been lies, but not jokes. The puppy story seems a little random to just be made up.

Even if your previous positions were just to push buttons, it's still interesting that it is the Vick case that finally broke your streak. You consistently held the viewpoint that animal abuse was not something to be taken seriously. You even included caveats that you thought animal abuse was bad, just not bad enough to take seriously. You can explain it anyway you like, but I am pretty discerning and it's not difficult to see what's going on.

So, as I'm sure you are aware, you don't need my permission to continue posting "race card" forum pix. You can post forum pix of lynchings and cross burnings in every thread on these boards if it pleases you. I doubt they'd get deleted. That, along with your previous posts, will just support my position that, unfortunately and by default, this whole mess will come down to an issue of race for a lot of people, and not just the blacks supporting Vick outside of the courthouse.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2007, 02:35:21 PM »
This thread needs come pics...does anyone have a stalker pic

What, have you suddenly lost your ability to use  Google images?

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2007, 04:26:26 PM »

So, as I'm sure you are aware, you don't need my permission to continue posting "race card" forum pix. You can post forum pix of lynchings and cross burnings in every thread on these boards if it pleases you. I doubt they'd get deleted. That, along with your previous posts, will just support my position that, unfortunately and by default, this whole mess will come down to an issue of race for a lot of people, and not just the blacks supporting Vick outside of the courthouse.

it is about race and culture. The whole "hip hop" movement and all it's violence and garbage.

I spent a long portion of my life growing up and witnessing the whole ghetto scene first hand. Vick is a representation of what I hate, and he just happens to be black. I'd be lying to you if I told you that I didn't judge him harsher because of his background. I'm honest enough to admit that. It's common sense to me.

I'm no racist. I don't hate people unless they give me a reason.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2007, 04:40:45 PM »

it is about race and culture. The whole "hip hop" movement and all it's violence and garbage.

I spent a long portion of my life growing up and witnessing the whole ghetto scene first hand. Vick is a representation of what I hate, and he just happens to be black. I'd be lying to you if I told you that I didn't judge him harsher because of his background. I'm honest enough to admit that. It's common sense to me.

CJ is right.

When it is white or Japanese people wearing three sizes too big clothing, cherishing the "Gangsta" lifestyle, talking about "Pimpin'" and "Ho's"...

Then I find it equally disgusting and ridiculous.

It ain't cool. And it never was.

Ice T, Ice Cube and Snoop, Allen Iverson, aren't role models. They never were.

Chuck D is different IMO, and he was never a scum like the aforementioned.

The black community leaders, and those who becomes icons, have a great responsibility.

It is clear as a day that they have failed it miserably.

It's not about becoming Uncle Tom. It's about showing that black people, when getting rich, will act like regular blokes.

Tiger Woods is great on so many levels. He refuses to become some kind of stereotype Black male, still he will act firmly against racism, like when he used a Nike commercial to make a statement against Golf Clubs who still banned black members.

These are pretty harsh words, and generalizations, but generalisations are necessary when discussing tendencies.

Morgan Freeman is someone I think is a good icon, for both black and white.

None of that "brotha" BS from him. But he's very candid about opposing the Union flag and symbols of slavery. He's legit.
As empty as paradise

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2007, 05:06:58 PM »
What, have you suddenly lost your ability to use  Google images?

lmao, I'm going to go post this in the Billy guns threads

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2007, 05:50:26 PM »
I'm critical of my own folks too.

Hell, when I see some asshole who's been here for a decade and still struggles with english and refuses to integrate, also thinks that driving a cab is the height of civilization.. I get upset, more so than when I see ghetto trash.

Like I said, I don't hate people unless they give me a reason to. I make generalizations, but I'd never deny someone if they showed me otherwise.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2007, 06:50:41 PM »

This thread wasn't really about whether or not you are a racist. You've posted enough about race in the past that anyone who cares to hazard a conclusion on that matter can do so without any more input from you.

This thread is just an illustration of how many faces the race card really has. The race card is not just "the black excuse." The race card is how race factors into and alters social dynamics. You completely changed your position on an issue based on the people involved. You can say it was based on "race", "culture" or "the boogeyman", but that's really nothing more than semantics.

I don't really care if you are racist. I just found those posts interesting because they formed the most complete real world example of "reverse race cardism" that I have ever seen.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2007, 06:51:44 PM »
I'm critical of my own folks too.

Hell, when I see some asshole who's been here for a decade and still struggles with english and refuses to integrate, also thinks that driving a cab is the height of civilization.. I get upset, more so than when I see ghetto trash.

Like I said, I don't hate people unless they give me a reason to. I make generalizations, but I'd never deny someone if they showed me otherwise.

And you're all over the places with these "I'm not racist" statements:  "I only hate people based on culture not race"- I mean "I don't hate anyone"- I mean "I hate everyone including my own culture"- I mean "I may hate certain groups, but I might change my mind once I get to know them." Good grief. 

Why does it matter what others think of you anyway? If I were you, I'd just be like "Yeah, I'm racist... and Vick should rot in jail." Then I'd post that monkey race card pic, again.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2007, 08:44:15 PM »
This thread is just an illustration of how many faces the race card really has. The race card is not just "the black excuse." The race card is how race factors into and alters social dynamics. You completely changed your position on an issue based on the people involved. You can say it was based on "race", "culture" or "the boogeyman", but that's really nothing more than semantics.

I told you that I had taken a liking to dogs over the last few months.  ::) I even posted a topic in the Pet board about what breed of dog would be perfect for me.

That's final.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2007, 09:41:56 PM »
i DID NOT READ THIS THREAD....

however...EVERYONE is conditionally racist....at some point...ITS NORMAL 2 BE SO YA FUCKS...

i'm brown and once a while i'll call another brownie a sand nig<in anger>....its OK...

my 2 cents??  people overtly sensitive about race r the true racists...
carpe` vaginum!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2007, 10:42:44 PM »
This thread wasn't really about whether or not you are a racist. You've posted enough about race in the past that anyone who cares to hazard a conclusion on that matter can do so without any more input from you.

Hi Al, where have you been hiding. It's been forever since I've seen you post.
I'm still enjoying those 3 pointers from clear across the court.  ;)

btw, your avatar isn't showing up, ...so here's one you can use that does show up.
It's pretty appropriate don't cha think?   :D

I don't really care if you are racist. I just found those posts interesting because they formed the most complete real world example of "reverse race cardism" that I have ever seen.

And CJ, ...don't for a minute think I've forgotten about you or left you out. I have an avatar for you too.

;D
w

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2007, 04:44:43 AM »
Honestly, at first I was defending Vick, suggesting that until he's found guilty in a court, we owe him the benefit of the doubt. Then once he brought race into it, I was like "fuck it...  just another negro lowlife trying to get out of shit with the race card".

In this country, it works for White folk.

Shouldn't it work for Black and Brown peoples, too? 

Just wondering.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2007, 05:02:53 AM »
i DID NOT READ THIS THREAD....
Then do that and try again.

As empty as paradise

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2007, 05:48:04 AM »
A few, allright more than a few, of you guys are huge fucking hypocrites, LOL!

Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton are harmless but Vick is a menace to society? Have any of you met people that were affected by drunk drivers?

Here's why people hate when the "Race card" is laid down. It reminds them of the fact that blacks were automatically guilty for a lot of years and furthermore..... white people (as a majority) had no problem whatsoever with it. Am I suggesting all whites are racist? No, that would be stupid. But the civil rights movement was more about long term pay equality for next generation immigrants (who resemble the majority) and women than blacks. If there were any other way to Americanize successive generations of European immigrants without the Civil Rights act it would have been done.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2007, 10:08:33 AM »
the sale of negro's to america by their OWN PEOPLE in africa should enable negro's of today's generation to join the american dream.........only one thing though.....you have to WORK for it. just like all immigrants who came by boat to ellis island.

so.........quit complaining negro's, and get to fvckin work.   

Neuro,

Please beg Ron to change your handle to dumbass. :)

Only a true dumbass would compare slavery to immigration.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2007, 10:23:57 AM »
the civil rights movement was more about long term pay equality for next generation immigrants (who resemble the majority) and women than blacks. If there were any other way to Americanize successive generations of European immigrants without the Civil Rights act it would have been done.

Huh??

I think you're out in left field with this one, jake.  The majority of European immigrants came to the US well prior to WWII. The civil rights movement wasn't until the late 60's.  At that point, as with today, most immigrants were from Latin America and Asia, not Europe.
Ron: "I am lazy."

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2007, 10:28:29 AM »
no person alive today was a slave. it's time to "get over it" and get to work.

Yep. 

Sooner or later the black community will realize all this "race" bullshit they constantly stir up hurts them far more than it helps them.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2007, 11:04:17 AM »
no person alive today was a slave. it's time to "get over it" and get to work.

nuff said.

That would be like telling Jews to "get over the Holocaust", LOL!

Besides, can you really compare voluntarily immigrating to a country with one's culture intact to being enslaved? Italians, Irish, German, Lebanese, Syrians, etc... can still in many instances trace their roots or have maintained some semblance of their pre-immigration culture/traditions.

It's true poor people make too many excuses and blame the man. I'm not ballsy enough to deny that truth and always hold people responsible.

But.. at some point the descendants of immigrants became full fledged Americans. Even the Irish indentured servants eventually became Americans. Even Lebanese married every Italian they could find, LOL! Every group that immigrated and suffered some form of discrimination eventually got their due. Yet... the group that was immigrated under duress got left hanging.

The immigrants arrived with culture and traditions intact. That foundation let them flourish. Can you legitimately compare that to generations of slavery and having every single tradition erased? Again..... and I'm gonna type this really, really slow for you. :) I am not saying slavery should be used as an excuse for blacks, browns, greens, etc... to underperform. I'm saying slavery's and the institutionalized racism following its abolition have negatively impacted the development of African American culture.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2007, 12:25:35 PM »

The immigrants arrived with culture and traditions intact. That foundation let them flourish. Can you legitimately compare that to generations of slavery and having every single tradition erased? Again..... and I'm gonna type this really, really slow for you. :) I am not saying slavery should be used as an excuse for blacks, browns, greens, etc... to underperform. I'm saying slavery's and the institutionalized racism following its abolition have negatively impacted the development of African American culture.

Why do you even have to have an "african american culture"?

Why not just be part of American culture like everyone else who has been here for multiple generations?  ::)

It is your insistance on being a seperate "culture" that is holding you back.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2007, 12:50:18 PM »

Why not just be part of American culture like everyone else who has been here for multiple generations?  ::)

Next time a friend is visiting family in Israel, Italy, Lebanon, etc... I'll give them that advice. :)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2007, 01:38:06 PM »

I told you that I had taken a liking to dogs over the last few months.  ::) I even posted a topic in the Pet board about what breed of dog would be perfect for me.

That's final.

So once again, your story changes. ::) Those weren't jokes just to get a rise out of people, you've just warmed up to dogs in the last few months. 

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2007, 01:39:47 PM »

This is basically just bluster.  "African American culture" is American culture starring black people. It is not a SEPARATE culture; it's a subculture. Everything about african american culture is informed by living as an American citizen.

Race is a huge divider in this country, so naturally it can be a significant unifier, too. People with similar skin tones likely have backgrounds that have a lot in common.

I live in New York and have friends across the racial spectrum. Italians, Jews, Asians all celebrate and acknowledge their heritage on a regular basis- whether it be through food, tradition or even use of their home language. As ethnic groups they are no more assimilated than blacks.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2007, 01:41:41 PM »
Hi Al, where have you been hiding.

I've been around during the last few weeks. It's been a few years since I've posted regularly- I'm surprised anyone at all remembers me. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2007, 02:05:16 PM »
A few, allright more than a few, of you guys are huge fucking hypocrites, LOL!

Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton are harmless but Vick is a menace to society? Have any of you met people that were affected by drunk drivers?

Here's why people hate when the "Race card" is laid down. It reminds them of the fact that blacks were automatically guilty for a lot of years and furthermore..... white people (as a majority) had no problem whatsoever with it. Am I suggesting all whites are racist? No, that would be stupid. But the civil rights movement was more about long term pay equality for next generation immigrants (who resemble the majority) and women than blacks. If there were any other way to Americanize successive generations of European immigrants without the Civil Rights act it would have been done.

The evidence has long been in... the biggest winners from the civil rights movement have by far been white women.
w

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2007, 02:26:43 PM »
no, but jews tend to be educated.....unlike most negro's. do jews ask for handouts because of the holocaust? i think not. 

They asked for an entire country that was Palestine at the time. Europeans were repatriated on someone else's land by the UN. Imagine the UN giving Indian land in the US and Canada back to Native American tribes, LOL!

Do a search on US aid to Israel and then look at the return rate in US dollars to Israel versus PAC money donated.

Then......... send Ron a discrete PM asking he change your name to dumbass, LOL!

I'm not asserting that there are any slaves or owners left. I don't even believe there is any remedy other than time to heal the damage. But it's funny as hell to pretend slavery had no effect on the development of black culture.

If someone asserted the Holocaust didn't affect the collective Jewish psyche to some extent everyone would laugh and call them a dumbass. Yet, you can say something that dumb and... nevermind, LOL! Someone did laugh and call you a dumbass. No harm, no foul. :)