Author Topic: In defense of the race card... (very long post)  (Read 14451 times)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
In defense of the race card... (very long post)
« on: August 03, 2007, 10:47:00 AM »
Not really a defense of the race card, just an interesting observation about how people's opinions can change.

I love dogs and have been pretty disgusted by what I've read about this Michael Vick case. I haven't posted in a lot of threads about Vick because most of them aren't really about what Vick did, they're mostly just bitch sessions about "the race card".

I attempted to do a search of all of the Michael Vick threads that have been started here in the last few weeks. In my search, a few older threads about animal abuse popped up. I noticed that a poster named Camel Jockey,who posts in a lot of the Vick threads, posted in the older threads, too. Only his POV seemed to do a complete 180 in the last few months.

Here are some of his more recent posts in regards to Vick:

What a pos.. Absolute lowlife.

Keep calling all his sponsors!

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=159853.0

He's a fucking hoodlum tailback that throws interceptions.

I hope they chuck his ass in prison...

Some of the losing dogs were murdered in his backyard.. Had their skulls smashed and their bodies burned. Jesus, even China treats their dogs better.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=148092.75

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Re: In defense of the race card... (very long post)
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 10:48:06 AM »
But here are some older posts he made in regards to animal abuse.

If you care so much about animals then only worry about the endangered ones, and not fucking cats and dogs..  ::)

While animal cruelty is wrong and stupid, you cannot start treating it as a serious issue.
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=113514.25

The guy should get fined atleast, not imprisonment. This was not a person and I don't give a shit how much the those guys loved that animal.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=110524.0

Here's one where he bragged about abusing dogs in his past and admits to accidentally killing one.

Back in my country throwing stones at dogs was my favorite thing to do. I smacked this one little puppy with a bigass rock and it like died.  :(
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=102353.msg1470921#msg1470921

This speaks for itself:

I should leave because I'm fucking sane and I don't believe in placing the same value in a dog's life as a humans? Go fuck yourself, stupidass hippie.
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=113514.msg1649017#msg1649017

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 10:49:20 AM »
Go play in the traffic.
a

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 10:49:38 AM »
This stuff took like 10 minutes to find and I basically found it by accident. I can't go search and cross reference everyone whose posted in Vick threads to see if they've contradicted themselves in the past. I doubt that that would be the case anyway. I'm pretty sure most dog lovers (like me) would be pretty consistently disgusted by this type of behavior.

I'm not really calling him out, even though I used him as a specific example. I just think this is a great illustration of how this case is being viewed a certain way by people who hold certain preconceived notions. If Vick was someone else, I think the interest in this case, from Blacks and Whites alike, would be markedly different.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 10:55:05 AM »
Interesting... quite teh ownage

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 11:03:30 AM »
in essence camel jockey is a jackass...yep...owned. camel..go jump in front of a moving rickshaw.
footloose and fancy free

Bruffy

• Getbig II
  • If it's not metal, it's crap!
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 11:17:55 AM »
This is not a race issue. This is a legal issue.  Vick is an idiot and so is any other gutless person that abuses animals.  If a women or child is abused sexually, mentally, or physically there is a small chance they can escape the situation.  These dogs did not stand a chance and Vick and his "Possee of pussies" should get whatever is coming to them legally or publiclly.
I

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 11:18:19 AM »
 :o

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007, 11:20:49 AM »
This is not a race issue. This is a legal issue.  Vick is an idiot and so is any other gutless person that abuses animals.  If a women or child is abused sexually, mentally, or physically there is a small chance they can escape the situation.  These dogs did not stand a chance and Vick and his "Possee of pussies" should get whatever is coming to them legally or publiclly.

dude... did you even read the fucking thing  ::)

sandpiper

• Getbig III
  • The Next Mr. O!
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2007, 11:22:04 AM »
i don't put too much stock in anything that Camel Jockey is saying in his posts regarding Vick. For starters, Camel Jockey is exactly that; a camel jockey from some middle eastern country that has no idea how America functions or thinks. He's only an outsider looking in.
I love me some me!!!

Joey Tito

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2007, 11:22:46 AM »
This stuff took like 10 minutes to find and I basically found it by accident. I can't go search and cross reference everyone whose posted in Vick threads to see if they've contradicted themselves in the past. I doubt that that would be the case anyway. I'm pretty sure most dog lovers (like me) would be pretty consistently disgusted by this type of behavior.

I'm not really calling him out, even though I used him as a specific example. I just think this is a great illustration of how this case is being viewed a certain way by people who hold certain preconceived notions. If Vick was someone else, I think the interest in this case, from Blacks and Whites alike, would be markedly different.

Epic attempt to cover the fact that this "info" you posted has dominated your mind for the past several days. ::)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2007, 11:36:56 AM »
Epic attempt to cover the fact that this "info" you posted has dominated your mind for the past several days. ::)

I was searching Vick threads in regards to a post that was posted TODAY on the general topics board. Why would I have waited to post it?

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2007, 11:52:09 AM »
It's called joking around.

I've never hurt an animal ever. What I said in the past was to piss off the the dog lovers on this forum. Vick ran a dog fighting ring and he killed animals in brutal fashion. What jokes I made in the past doesn't take away my right to be critical of him.

Anyways, Al Doggity is trying to turn this around.  ::) Saying it'd be different if Vick weren't black. hahahaha sounds like the race card to me.

i don't put too much stock in anything that Camel Jockey is saying in his posts regarding Vick. For starters, Camel Jockey is exactly that; a camel jockey from some middle eastern country that has no idea how America functions or thinks. He's only an outsider looking in.

Who the hell are you?  :-\ I'm not middle eastern and I know how this nation works.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2007, 11:58:02 AM »
Best not to reveal anymore about myself as al doggity seems like a snoppy type..

He's also in the NY area.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2007, 12:05:06 PM »
let me make this simple.........

dogs = good

negro's = not so good.  ;D

LOL that was... speechless...hahahaha

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2007, 12:08:05 PM »
I was searching Vick threads in regards to a post that was posted TODAY on the general topics board. Why would I have waited to post it?

You did decide to dig up 1 year old posts that were a joke..

Of course I don't think dogs are as relevant as people, but I was jesting when I said I threw stones at them.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2007, 12:16:46 PM »
You did decide to dig up 1 year old posts that were a joke..

Of course I don't think dogs are as relevant as people, but I was jesting when I said I threw stones at them.

lol it's a joke now?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2007, 12:17:14 PM »
Inconsistencies on the part of Camel Jockey aside, it's disgusting that the usual suspects in media and politics are trying to make this a "race" thing.

Honestly, at first I was defending Vick, suggesting that until he's found guilty in a court, we owe him the benefit of the doubt. Then once he brought race into it, I was like "fuck it...  just another negro lowlife trying to get out of shit with the race card".

Ron: "I am lazy."

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2007, 12:19:12 PM »
Inconsistencies on the part of Camel Jockey aside, it's disgusting that the usual suspects in media and politics are trying to make this a "race" thing.

Honestly, at first I was defending Vick, suggesting that until he's found guilty in a court, we owe him the benefit of the doubt. Then once he brought race into it, I was like "fuck it...  just another negro lowlife trying to get out of shit with the race card".

Maybe it is...

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2007, 12:30:46 PM »
It's called joking around.

I've never hurt an animal ever. What I said in the past was to piss off the the dog lovers on this forum. Vick ran a dog fighting ring and he killed animals in brutal fashion. What jokes I made in the past doesn't take away my right to be critical of him.

Anyways, Al Doggity is trying to turn this around.  ::) Saying it'd be different if Vick weren't black. hahahaha sounds like the race card to me.

This is America. You can criticize anything you want. As can I.

Maybe they were lies, but they certainly didn't sound like jokes. They were all from diff threads and you seemed more angry than jovial.

And if you want to consider it the race card, then you're entitled. I was just pointing out the inconsistencies in your posts.

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2007, 12:31:19 PM »
Some People will just keep PERPETUATING THE STEREOTYPE!  
Most are all show no go!

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2007, 12:32:51 PM »

I've asked you this before, but when and where did Vick or his attorneys "play the race card"?
I've heard the PROSECUTOR and the SHERIFF make some race based comments, but nothing from people on Vick's payroll. If I'm wrong, Ill admit it, but I just haven't seen any evidence that even partially suggests I am.

Black court protesters don't equal Vick playing the race card. Youandme has been posting threads counting down the wait for the "race card" since the story broke, something that I basically consider a variation for whites.

The funny thing is that while I was searching through some of the Vick threads, I did notice that your posts were a little more even keeled a few weeks ago. So I'm honestly awaiting your post on the specific incident or series of incidents that you considered "the race card."

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2007, 01:02:37 PM »

Maybe they were lies, but they certainly didn't sound like jokes. They were all from diff threads and you seemed more angry than jovial.

And if you want to consider it the race card, then you're entitled. I was just pointing out the inconsistencies in your posts.

I was pushing buttons. I've never hurt any animals ever unless you count fish that I've caught. I will admit that in the past year or so I've warmed up to animals a little more I've as taken interest in dog breeds and have played with some of my neighbors' dogs and cats.

I will admit that I am harder on Vick because he's an idiot. He's got everything and he still does something silly as dog fighting and plus he over saw the execution of several dogs in brutal fashion. When you have that much money it should move you away from that ghetto shit, not amplify it.

I am not perhaps as hard on Paris Hilton, but I do think she should have served more time in prison. I also think Lindsay Lohan should go as well because of her drunk driving.

Vick just seems more of a bad apple, as opposed to Lohan and Hilton, who just seem stupid and harmless.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2007, 01:06:08 PM »

I know what it is. You are saying we're harsher on Vick because of his background, yet you lecture me what we can and can't do in America? Perhaps something to do with my own background?  ;)

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2007, 02:03:47 PM »
This thread needs come pics...does anyone have a stalker pic