Author Topic: When is it time to get married?  (Read 17400 times)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: When is it time to get married?
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2008, 01:08:48 PM »
freaked out goosebumps Stella and it's a she.......
Oh.....uh...I'd suggest they get premarital counseling (or something along those lines).  When your marriage is good it's fantastic.  When it is bad you feel like a miserable trapped rat.   Why do you think she would enter into a marriage she's not enthusiastic about?
R

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2008, 01:31:54 PM »
thoroughly knowing the guy for 10 years, common interests,financial security, age,.....and the fact that she doesn't want to break the man's heart after all these years.

w8m8

« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2008, 02:05:07 PM »
....let's say that a good friend that got proposed to and said yes(more in a '' Ok ''  way), latter confides to you that he/she gets goosebumps just thinking about the arrival of THE day and shows very little interest in the arrangement of the whole thing(the dress, the band etc.), eventhough he/she's been together with that person for 10 years........ how would you deal with it? What would you tell your friend?

I'd tell my friend to have a serious sit down with the man , after 10 years they should be close enough to say things openly and be totally honest.
If my friend said she couldn't do that , I'd tell her to get a grip .
If you can't sit down and really talk , you can't be married.
After 10 yrs in a relationship if it isn't all fireworks it's understandable , but if it's in any way "distaste or dislike" towards the "marriage" , don't do it.
If it is towards the intended partner then , to allow him to go through with it and invest anything further , emotionally , would be more hurtful than pausing it now.

imho

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2008, 04:20:57 PM »
I'd tell my friend to have a serious sit down with the man , after 10 years they should be close enough to say things openly and be totally honest.
If my friend said she couldn't do that , I'd tell her to get a grip .
If you can't sit down and really talk , you can't be married.
After 10 yrs in a relationship if it isn't all fireworks it's understandable , but if it's in any way "distaste or dislike" towards the "marriage" , don't do it.
If it is towards the intended partner then , to allow him to go through with it and invest anything further , emotionally , would be more hurtful than pausing it now.

imho
I agree w/w8m8
R

JosephineD

• Getbig II
  • Josephine cPT, Sports/Fitness Model, Competitor
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2008, 11:47:38 PM »
I'm curious what the opinions will be.

1.  When you feel that he & you can be a "team" and neither feel the need to be in control of everything.
2.  When you are 100% positive you want to make him happy (without giving up your own happiness) and be willing to be made happy by him (without slacking off on making him happy)
3.  When you are comfortable enough to communicate openly with him and being open to hear AND listen to him when he opens up to you... and both you respect each other for it.
4.  When you realize he becomes more beautiful as you fall deeper in love with him
5.  When you can truly say that you can live without him, but you'd rather it not be that way (with tears in your eyes cos you really couldn't live without him)
6.  When you can look into his eyes and imagine him naked in 50 years and not feel grossed out
7.  I could go on forever

I guess I'm just a romantic
J

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2008, 04:37:17 AM »
1.  When you feel that he & you can be a "team" and neither feel the need to be in control of everything.
2.  When you are 100% positive you want to make him happy (without giving up your own happiness) and be willing to be made happy by him (without slacking off on making him happy)
3.  When you are comfortable enough to communicate openly with him and being open to hear AND listen to him when he opens up to you... and both you respect each other for it.
4.  When you realize he becomes more beautiful as you fall deeper in love with him
5.  When you can truly say that you can live without him, but you'd rather it not be that way (with tears in your eyes cos you really couldn't live without him)
6.  When you can look into his eyes and imagine him naked in 50 years and not feel grossed out

Well said and very true.  :)

Thanks Josephine!   ;D
:D Weee

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2008, 02:03:27 PM »

GAG!

>:(
?

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2008, 07:53:42 PM »
GAG!

;D

On that note....

Marry me??

edit: Don't bother answering my Blackberry just went off, I already know what you are going to say even before you do

Thanks Musclephone!
Just Bad Bad Blood!

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2008, 01:14:40 PM »
On that note....

Marry me??

edit: Don't bother answering my Blackberry just went off, I already know what you are going to say even before you do

Thanks Musclephone!
O.S.,

Either you are a clever gimmick-account or you are more than just blonde hair, tits/ass and a pole.

You Got Game. You're clever, witty and quite the talented writer. Interesting.
?

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2008, 01:20:48 PM »
O.S.,

Either you are a clever gimmick-account or you are more than just blonde hair, tits/ass and a pole.

She is the second of your guesses.  ;)

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2008, 08:12:14 PM »
O.S.,

She is the second of your guesses.  ;)

Don't worry I am trying to drink away the last of those few remaining creative brain cells -The bastards-  ;)

I can make good eye candy! 

We all must have something to strive for, I have chosen Gia Marie Carangi as my role model.
Just Bad Bad Blood!

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
  • What is the most common form of stupidity?
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2008, 10:25:02 AM »
 8)
W

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2008, 12:47:43 AM »

We all must have something to strive for, I have chosen Gia Marie Carangi as my role model.

Your profile indicates that you're 26.  Its time to put aside the alcohol and get serious.  It's too late for you to become a jet-setting model, but all is not lost. I suggest you immediately develop a heroin habit and share needles with your fellow junkies.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2008, 02:47:37 AM »
thoroughly knowing the guy for 10 years, common interests,financial security, age,.....and the fact that she doesn't want to break the man's heart after all these years.

well i may have left out one little thing............after the engagement, she fell for this guy(he'd asked her out a couple of months before but she replied she 'd had a boyfriend) she crossed paths in the gym with and asked him out on a date, telling him that this date has no special meaning, that she is still getting married no matter what, that she just asked him out cause she really liked him.Well that one date turned into an affair.Whenever there was an opportunity she would get together with him and once she even admitted she'd never felt for her fiancee the same way she felt for this guy.She never wanted to think about the day of the wedding.......she knows that her fiancee is a provider, she feels safe with him and she trusts him eventhough he left her once for another woman but came back to her.Maybe it's just me but i thought people were looking forward to the day of the wedding..........any thoughts?

goddessamazon

• Getbig II
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2008, 03:49:01 PM »
Unless there's money and businesses involved is legal marriage really necessary?

I personally prefer to "live in sin" (as they say down here in the south) than get married. But to each his/her own.

proschic

• Getbig III
  • like a midget in a urinal.....
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2008, 04:25:30 PM »
When its it time to get married??????   ???

When you though of a way to murder them and get away with it AT LEAST once.  8)

tasha

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2008, 12:32:58 PM »
I'm curious what the opinions will be.

When the soon to be father in law shows up at your place with a shotgun :D

CalvinH,officially licensed womens board poster.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2008, 02:35:55 PM »

When the soon to be father in law shows up at your place with a shotgun :D

I win!  :D
w

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2008, 01:25:40 PM »

lolz   :D

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2008, 08:14:48 PM »

SOme strange responses in this thread. Call me old-fashioned, but I'm getting hitched before we have any kids. 

I want them little suckers to have the name my forefathers handed down.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2008, 08:30:19 AM »
SOme strange responses in this thread. Call me old-fashioned, but I'm getting hitched before we have any kids. 

I want them little suckers to have the name my forefathers handed down.
Awww, that is nice to hear.  But be aware that you don't have to be married to hand your last name down to your child.  It is what ever is put on the birth certificate.  ;)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2008, 09:22:40 AM »
well i may have left out one little thing............after the engagement, she fell for this guy(he'd asked her out a couple of months before but she replied she 'd had a boyfriend) she crossed paths in the gym with and asked him out on a date, telling him that this date has no special meaning, that she is still getting married no matter what, that she just asked him out cause she really liked him.Well that one date turned into an affair.Whenever there was an opportunity she would get together with him and once she even admitted she'd never felt for her fiancee the same way she felt for this guy.She never wanted to think about the day of the wedding.......she knows that her fiancee is a provider, she feels safe with him and she trusts him eventhough he left her once for another woman but came back to her.Maybe it's just me but i thought people were looking forward to the day of the wedding..........any thoughts?
Is this woman merely your friend or are you the one involved w/her?  You don't have to answer if you rather not.

I'd think most people (at least the female) look forward to the day of the wedding yes.

R

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2008, 07:44:28 AM »

An excellent list.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2008, 02:08:24 PM »
Guys dont care bout the wedding, we dont care what flavour the cake is, we dont care what the appetizers are , nor do we care bout the cutlery, they could use the forks they use at KFC for all we care, the only thing the guy wants to do is love the girl in the white dress.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2008, 01:37:02 PM »
not gonna read 3 pages but to answer your question:

never
Z