Author Topic: Eryk Bui says the IFBB is stupid  (Read 30534 times)

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
Re: Eryk Bui says IFBB is STUPID
« Reply #175 on: August 16, 2007, 08:48:04 PM »
Ron remove your lips from Bui's balls. That's an idiotic statement. You're sounding like him, it doesn't matter if she was the clear winner of the class. It sends the wrong message whether she is first or fifth. He had no problem not judging the Jr. Cal and other cali show, why did he have to judge this show, especially since his GF was competing? She not winning the overall is irrelevant. I point blank asked him if he voted for her in the overall and he didn't answer, that says it all.

He should have the decency to tell the promoter that he could not judge the show because of a conflict of interest.
Ike is 100% right here. But I'm still unclear - if he didn't judge the Jr Cal or other Cali show for that reason, why is Chick saying that no one knew she was his girlfriend. Was it common knowledge or did Eryk and his girlfriend actively conceal their relationship? Did the promoter know?

Regardless of who deserved what placing, people with potential conflicts of interest are in no position to determine whether their own judgment is impaired.
BigNationRadio.com

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #176 on: August 16, 2007, 09:27:09 PM »
How would we know who Eryk dates?

I didn't know, certainly Promoter Jon Lindsay didn't know, or the head judge for that matter.....we rely on a judges common sense of knowing right from wrong, to excuse themselves in such an instance...

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #177 on: August 16, 2007, 09:35:49 PM »

That being said....HE knew he was going to be judging his GF...and should have had the integrity to mention it and excuse HIMSELF from the panel....

are u crazy? u should know by now eric bui and integrity do not mix.

how the hell he could sit on that panel and not have the self-respect to leave it regardless of whether 'she was the clear winner' is beyond me, easily the most unprofessional thing i have heard.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #178 on: August 16, 2007, 10:47:32 PM »
You can't act like people's personal lives are a big secret, especially when a Pro Bodybuilder is dating a top fitness competitor or bodybuilder. Everyone knew Lee was dating Cathy and Adela and Mercedes, Melvin was dating Bea, Craig was dating Kelly, King was dating Bethany. So asking if people knew Eryk was dating this fitness competitor is a legit question.

But thanks for answering it anyway.

BigNationRadio.com

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #179 on: August 16, 2007, 10:55:08 PM »
Please bro.....Eryk wasn't exactly a "top guy" that was in the mix like all those you mentioned...lets be real here....and his GF isn't a "top fitness competitor"..she's a local, working her way up (nice girl BTW)...

As an example....Go down to #68 on the list of ranked BBers and tell me who they're dating?

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: August 16, 2007, 10:58:38 PM »
Please bro.....Eryk wasn't exactly a "top guy" that was in the mix like all those you mentioned...lets be real here....and his GF isn't a "top fitness competitor"..she's a local, working her way up (nice girl BTW)...

As an example....Go down to #68 on the list of ranked BBers and tell me who they're dating?

Sasha Ogata :-X ;D

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #181 on: August 16, 2007, 11:06:34 PM »
 >:( >:( >:(

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #182 on: August 16, 2007, 11:09:52 PM »
poor guy

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #183 on: August 16, 2007, 11:23:38 PM »
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #184 on: August 17, 2007, 12:22:02 AM »
"Kentucky Derby looking for Riders;D

Said the Taller Man about the Little Bui :o

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #185 on: August 17, 2007, 12:44:14 AM »
He has to be one of only a couple pros in the 21st century to be able to be clothes right off the rack...

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #186 on: August 17, 2007, 01:06:27 AM »

hahahahahahahahhaha, love it when shawn does the random wrecking
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #187 on: August 17, 2007, 01:22:21 AM »

Oh so they have Greyhound racing now? 8)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Re: Response to Eryk Bui!
« Reply #188 on: August 17, 2007, 02:13:35 AM »
Thats the rub....only HE claims to be outspoken, referenceing his writing and being a "journalist"....where we have no idea, mentions writing for some magazine no one has ever heard of....let alone the judges....and feels his comments (which no one knew of) were being used against him...

There is no double standard here...There have been plenty (including Lee Priest) who have voiced there outspokeness...only to still place in the top 3, or win outright...judged on their merrits.

Bui was no exception...he just lives in a world of his own...fantasyland.

Hey Chick, just implement a new rule regarding a minimum height for bodybuilders, that would solve a lot of problems at once. Who wants to see that midgets anyways??

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #189 on: August 17, 2007, 04:29:47 AM »
Thats the rub....only HE claims to be outspoken, referenceing his writing and being a "journalist"....where we have no idea, mentions writing for some magazine no one has ever heard of....let alone the judges....and feels his comments (which no one knew of) were being used against him...

There is no double standard here...There have been plenty (including Lee Priest) who have voiced there outspokeness...only to still place in the top 3, or win outright...judged on their merrits.

oh is that like Ronnie Coleman being a journalist?  please chick lets lot go down the roster of bodybuilders who's "written", who's published and who's blogged. 

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #190 on: August 17, 2007, 04:30:58 AM »

Chick,
I don't think anyone will disagree that Bui sounds like he lives in a fantasyland.

however, you said his blog entry was what was "over the line" - what you called "career suicide".
How is this diatribe any different from past rants by lee and sean?

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #191 on: August 17, 2007, 04:33:26 AM »

I didn't know, certainly Promoter Jon Lindsay didn't know, or the head judge for that matter.....we rely on a judges common sense of knowing right from wrong, to excuse themselves in such an instance...

who is we?  don't you listen to your members?  oh and you act like this is the first instance of a corrupt judge.  shawn talked about it for years so this is not new.

BrianChamberlain

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #192 on: August 17, 2007, 06:31:08 AM »
Not a blast, you have a great physique. But with your stature, bigger would not translate to better. IMO, if someone can't compete with size (against the BIG boys) then conditioning should be the key no matter what you weigh.
Agreed that bigger doesnt always mean better, but in my case i think about 10 more lbs in the right areas, not the waist but rather chest and arms would serve me well.. 

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #193 on: August 17, 2007, 06:43:31 AM »
Most athletes representatives, in other sports, will have the ATHLETES back, right or wrong.

The NFL union will defend a guy who screws up.  They'll leave it to the NFl to chastise him and explain his punishment.  The thought of an NFL rep, mocking/pwning/insulting an NFL player on a message board?

Face it, you're unprofessional, Bob. 

not at all. bob did the right thing, athletes reps should do the same thing in other sports. professional vs unprofessional...lol the word professional is too hyped up.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #194 on: August 17, 2007, 06:47:11 AM »
No...I'm certainly not a "guru" or even his trainer...that title goes to Charles Glass. My help came in the form or helping him present his physique to a hgher professional level.

I'm good friends with Silvio, and he trusts my expertise...I'm more of a mentor than anything, I guess....

well, you and the glassman did a good job...waist and bloat was reduced

Stavios

« Reply #195 on: August 17, 2007, 07:17:25 AM »
Jimmy Canyon was in better condition than Swamp Bui, no question.

Jimmy would look incredible if he upped the dosages

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #196 on: August 17, 2007, 08:21:01 AM »
who is we?  don't you listen to your members?  oh and you act like this is the first instance of a corrupt judge.  shawn talked about it for years so this is not new.
The 'Bury Our Heads in the Sand' defense has been around since they built the Pyramids. I recall our very own Bethany Howlett Carter Rockefeller IV sitting on the judging panel at the 2001 BodyRock when her (at the time) good pal Rob Lopez took a close and controversial decision.

To say nothing of a ridiculous-looking One-Armed Dorian beating out Shawn, Kevin and Nasser in the Olympia.

I realize bodybuilding is a small world, but it's pretty simple: Judges either shouldn't be judging their friends or they shouldn't be partying with the competitors.
BigNationRadio.com

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #197 on: August 17, 2007, 09:15:15 AM »
The 'Bury Our Heads in the Sand' defense has been around since they built the Pyramids. I recall our very own Bethany Howlett Carter Rockefeller IV sitting on the judging panel at the 2001 BodyRock when her (at the time) good pal Rob Lopez took a close and controversial decision.
Come on, now YOU TOO are sounding like Bui and Ron. That's not a legit comparison. It's a small industry and sure you are going to know people on stage and may be friends with them. However when you're SLEEPING and LIVING with a competitor it's entirely different.

Elevate Your Image.™

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #198 on: August 17, 2007, 11:05:54 AM »
Come on, now YOU TOO are sounding like Bui and Ron. That's not a legit comparison. It's a small industry and sure you are going to know people on stage and may be friends with them. However when you're SLEEPING and LIVING with a competitor it's entirely different.
OK, so let's get this straight:
Husband-Wife - Out.
Fiancees - Out.
Live-In Boyfriend-Girlfriend Having Sex - Out.
Live-In Boyfriend-Girlfriend (Celibate) - Maybe
Living-Separate Boyfriend-Girlfriend - Maybe
Best Friends - Maybe
Really Good Friends - Maybe
Workout Partners - OK
Gym Buddies - OK
MySpace Friends - OK
Getbig Enemies - OK

Did I get it right?
BigNationRadio.com

chester_bbb

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • #1 Shawn Ray fan!
« Reply #199 on: August 17, 2007, 12:03:22 PM »
Where most become delusional, is thinking that THEIR best...IS the best.

You should tell that to your buddy Queen Tamali. ;D