Author Topic: are you training enough? i hit the gym 9 times a week! thats volume baby!  (Read 17044 times)

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
So you have treadmills with a laptop? cool show me were you train i want to see that.

c'mon dude, do you actually believe that bluto works out?
Here comes the money shot

GetBigOrDieTrying

• Getbig II
Bluto do you hurt after a work out for the next 3 days?

If you train legs could you run the next day?

What are your stats man because if your such a machine you must be a monster have you got any pics?

Meso_z

• Getbig V
That's what I'm asking and that is why I made this thread - to see if others are doing what I call "machine training" twice a day in-human hardcore training.

Gotta go out for a while... need to FEED THE MACHINE bbl

Go train then pigface.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
What? 10 sets of 6 reps should take some serious time. how many exercises do you do every time? 2?

Rest is only 1 minute between sets. I do 2 exercises for calves twice a week.
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
do you really think he is serious?

I am serious. This is what I do.

Training each body part twice a week is better than once a week

Training twice a day is better than once a day

Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Bluto do you hurt after a work out for the next 3 days?

If you train legs could you run the next day?

What are your stats man because if your such a machine you must be a monster have you got any pics?

Next day isnt so bad, two days after training legs is the worst.
Z

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Rest is only 1 minute between sets. I do 2 exercises for calves twice a week.

I meant to ask how many exercises you do per workout.

45 minutes training, all 10 sets for 6 reps each. That means you only do three exercises each time?
Also, taking time into consideration, going to the gym, changing clothes, showering and so on, i guess each training session should tkae 1 1/2 hours.

You do have a lot of time over the day it seems.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
I meant to ask how many exercises you do per workout.

45 minutes training, all 10 sets for 6 reps each. That means you only do three exercises each time?
Also, taking time into consideration, going to the gym, changing clothes, showering and so on, i guess each training session should tkae 1 1/2 hours.

You do have a lot of time over the day it seems.

10x6 is for calves only. I do less sets for the other bodyparts. I hit the gym once in the morning and once in the evening.
Z

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
10x6 is for calves only. I do less sets for the other bodyparts. I hit the gym once in the morning and once in the evening.

So you do HIT?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
So you do HIT?

No I do machine training.
Z

GetBigOrDieTrying

• Getbig II
Bluto how much do you weigh and what your height?

Seriously man either you are juiced to the gill and living like a pro or your not training hard enough.

I dont see the need to train that much unless its pre contest and your not doing any cardio.

You grow when you rest not while your in the gym.

Monster81

• Getbig IV

atmopshere)   , hehheehhee   huhuhuuuhu  haaaaa haaaaaa haaa ahaa ahaah ahaah ahahahaahhaahahahahahaah ahhahahahaahaahahahahaha hahhaaahaahaaahaaahahaha haaahaaahaaaha

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Bodybuilders live with the impression they're hardcore, train hard and eat a lot. Well they're delusional. A swimmer trains for 4-5 hours a day every day and eat 7,000-10,000 caloriers per day. Where as a typical bodybuilder hits the gym for less than 1 hour, four times a week and consume 3,5000-4,000 calories!

You're telling me I can't hit the gym once in the morning for back and then come back in the evening for chest (total time in the gym 1,5 hours) unless I'm training like a sissy or juiced to the grills? That's bullshit.

Time to man up.
Z

GetBigOrDieTrying

• Getbig II
Its not the amount of time spent in the gym but the quality of the time. Any one can train 3 hours worth of weight. Not every one can train 1 hour a day hi intensity.  When I first started training I used to train my entire body mon – fri , took me 2.5 hours. I woke up as I got older.

More is not better.

I don’t know a lot of endurance athletes taking in 10 cal a day. Saying that its also a lot easier to get in high cal when your drinking energy drinks , chocolate , and all that jazz instead of eating chicken and rice.

Let a swimmer eat 10 000 cal of chicken , steak , eggs , rice , pasta and potato they will sink to the bottom of the pool.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
it's not for everyone, but it is for me. and it doesnt stop there, i also have a high volume approach to training, for example i do 10 sets of 6 on seated calves.

Perhaps if you got Goodrums Guide to Great Calves you wouldnt need that approach.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Its not the amount of time spent in the gym but the quality of the time. Any one can train 3 hours worth of weight. Not every one can train 1 hour a day hi intensity.  When I first started training I used to train my entire body mon – fri , took me 2.5 hours. I woke up as I got older.

More is not better.

I don’t know a lot of endurance athletes taking in 10 cal a day. Saying that its also a lot easier to get in high cal when your drinking energy drinks , chocolate , and all that jazz instead of eating chicken and rice.

Let a swimmer eat 10 000 cal of chicken , steak , eggs , rice , pasta and potato they will sink to the bottom of the pool.

No because they won't eat it in one serving. And more is better if it's done smart.
Z

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
I do pullovers with elmariachi's mom.. All 300 lbs of her.

And I hit the gym 5 times a week, so combined with my sessions with el's mom, that comes out to 6 times a week.

Monster81

• Getbig IV
Blolo, Blojob,or blo f#ck what ever ur stupid name is get ur self burned ,  ur just another wannabe filling up space in the gym waisting real BBers time .become a swimmer ).

bigmc

• Getbig V
bluto is quite the attention whore  ::)
T

Monster81

• Getbig IV
(swimmers)huh.,  dont u realise that bodybuliding is a 24/7 sport..we even consider the hours we sleep fool..
as King Kamali said its a life style bi#ch.,

j3di3

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
i used to train twice a day on several occasions, let me tell you one thing, i didnt really make any more progress training that way, than for example traning once a day 4 times a week. tried different methods, dual undulated periodization and some other crap, all same shit in the end.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
the reason imo that not more experts, magazines etc preach about hitting the gym more often is that people doesnt have what it takes, cant find the time etc not that it's not optimal for muscle growth

myself, i hit the gym twice a day 4 times a week + once every weekend that's 9 times a week normally and i also circle 3-4 different gyms for change of atmopshere, difference in equipment etc

it's not for everyone, but it is for me. and it doesnt stop there, i also have a high volume approach to training, for example i do 10 sets of 6 on seated calves.

Interesting.

What does your split look like?
As empty as paradise

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
upper body twice a week. lower body twice a week. arms on their own day.

so for example upper body would be back, chest, shoulders. but i felt that if i started with back i was pretty fried when it came to chest/shoulders so by adding another split i can do back and then come back later for chest/shoulders.

Z

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
upper body twice a week. lower body twice a week. arms on their own day.

so for example upper body would be back, chest, shoulders. but i felt that if i started with back i was pretty fried when it came to chest/shoulders so by adding another split i can do back and then come back later for chest/shoulders.

Ok, you split the workout into one morning and one evening workout?

I do that whenever it's convenient actually.

FWIW, saw some study awhile ago that training twice every other day is better than training once every day.
As empty as paradise

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Ok, you split the workout into one morning and one evening workout?

I do that whenever it's convenient actually.

FWIW, saw some study awhile ago that training twice every other day is better than training once every day.

yes.

mentally it's easier for me to focus on one muscle group at a time. energywise i think it's better too, obviously the energy level 30-45 minutes into your workout will not be as good as in the beginning of the workout so whatever you're doing as your second muscle  group or even third will suffer.

back is a big muscle group that i prefer doing on its own. hamstrings i feel suffer after doing heavy quads before. and i also sometimes feel pain in my lower back which makes it hard to give my all on hams after quads.

there might be other positive things with it when it comes to the effect lifting twice a day has on the endurance and the body in general and also when it comes to digesting nutritients etc just a guess

Z