Author Topic: Name tattoos?  (Read 7235 times)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Name tattoos?
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2007, 05:19:55 AM »
laura lee,

Nice editing job, LOL!

You couldn't bear to think of it but I'm shallow. :)
???
:D Weee

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2007, 10:14:16 AM »
???

Someone removed a paragraph from my post which included no profanity.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2007, 10:39:02 AM »
Someone removed a paragraph from my post which included no profanity.
Wasn't me.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2007, 10:54:02 AM »
Wasn't me.
Hmmm,

My question was pretty suggestive and specifically for you.

In a nutshell, I asked what if your man had a tattoo in a sensitive area and you had to see another woman's name every time or have her name make intimate contact with you? Essentially asked if you could really deal with that or would find a way to ignore it. I just couldn't.

Of course I wouldn't ask someone about an intimate tattoo on a first date, LOL! That would be too personal and suggest I only want to get in her pants.

I would, however, ask about pets on a first date.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2007, 11:18:35 AM »
Hmmm,

My question was pretty suggestive and specifically for you.

In a nutshell, I asked what if your man had a tattoo in a sensitive area and you had to see another woman's name every time or have her name make intimate contact with you? Essentially asked if you could really deal with that or would find a way to ignore it. I just couldn't.

Of course I wouldn't ask someone about an intimate tattoo on a first date, LOL! That would be too personal and suggest I only want to get in her pants.

I would, however, ask about pets on a first date.
Funny you should ask me that.  Michael has a tattoo of another girls name located in an area that is lets just say hidden with underwear.  It was of someone he cared enough about to mark his body with her name.  He was also very young at the time.  I see it all the time.  Does it bother me?  No, not really because I'm secure with where we are in our relationship and I know it is something from the past and not a threat to my future with him. 

I at one time had initials (not a name) on me.  They too were of a person I cared very much about.  Some things change and due to that change I chose to cover them over.  But it took me many years to do so.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2007, 11:34:53 AM »
Funny you should ask me that.  Michael has a tattoo of another girls name located in an area that is lets just say hidden with underwear.  It was of someone he cared enough about to mark his body with her name.  He was also very young at the time.  I see it all the time.  Does it bother me?  No, not really because I'm secure with where we are in our relationship and I know it is something from the past and not a threat to my future with him. 

I at one time had initials (not a name) on me.  They too were of a person I cared very much about.  Some things change and due to that change I chose to cover them over.  But it took me many years to do so.

You both coming into the relationship similarly marked alters your perspective quite a bit. Maybe you're more flexible in areas like that than most.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2007, 11:39:57 AM »
You both coming into the relationship similarly marked alters your perspective quite a bit. Maybe you're more flexible in areas like that than most.
Or maybe we just realize that a little ink doesn't change a person.  ;)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2007, 11:45:16 AM »
It comes down to this: maybe the person didn't know what they were doing when they put someone's name on their body...maybe they did, but what right does one have to tell someone else that they must remove something off of their own body.  It's like telling them to remove a piece of their past or history.  If they choose to do it, as I did, that's one thing, but if I didn't want to remove it or cover it...no one could ever make me do so.  I have never asked or nor would I expect Michael to alter or remove his tattoo if he didn't want to.  It reminds him of his past and where he's been.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2007, 12:05:13 PM »
It comes down to this: maybe the person didn't know what they were doing when they put someone's name on their body...maybe they did, but what right does one have to tell someone else that they must remove something off of their own body.  It's like telling them to remove a piece of their past or history.  If they choose to do it, as I did, that's one thing, but if I didn't want to remove it or cover it...no one could ever make me do so.  I have never asked or nor would I expect Michael to alter or remove his tattoo if he didn't want to.  It reminds him of his past and where he's been.

I'm not saying people don't have the right to carry around a piece of their past. Merely that I reserve the same right to not deal with a visual reminder of their past on a daily basis. That would be like wearing the wedding ring from a previous marriage, to me.

In the grander scheme... a tattoo is probably insignificant in comparison to the amount of emotional baggage most people carry around.

I still wonder who edited my post. ::)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2007, 12:20:19 PM »
I'm not saying people don't have the right to carry around a piece of their past. Merely that I reserve the same right to not deal with a visual reminder of their past on a daily basis. That would be like wearing the wedding ring from a previous marriage, to me.

In the grander scheme... a tattoo is probably insignificant in comparison to the amount of emotional baggage most people carry around.

I still wonder who edited my post. ::)
Very true regarding baggage, but if you "choose" to not see someone based on the fact that they have a tattoo with someone else's name on it...then you could be "choosing" to lose someone very special, the person who could be the love of your life.

As far as the edited post, again it was not me.  As you can see, I had no problem answering your question. 

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2007, 12:35:34 PM »
The world has a lot of people in it.

I'm honest enough with myself to know it would remain an issue. Not suggesting that level of inflexibility is a good thing but knowing your boundaries (in advance) saves a lot of headaches. That's why I ask about pets.

In general, I believe toleration leads to resentment. :)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2007, 12:42:11 PM »
The world has a lot of people in it.

I'm honest enough with myself to know it would remain an issue. Not suggesting that level of inflexibility is a good thing but knowing your boundaries (in advance) saves a lot of headaches. That's why I ask about pets.

In general, I believe toleration leads to resentment. :)
Hmmm, you better never have children, get married or take care of your parent because there is a LOT of thing you have to adjust to and tolerate with them.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2007, 12:56:48 PM »
After reading this thread I have to laugh.  You are pretty shallow if you chose not to date someone because the cared enough or loved someone enough to put their name on their body.  Yes, 90% are mistakes, but when they were done it was out of love for that person, not because they thought it would be fun for the day.   ::)

And also is this something you ask someone prior to dating or are you saying that you could be dating someone for weeks or months and then finally see this name tatoo (as most are hidden beneath clothing) you would break up with them.  Which seems even more shallow and probably best for the person you dumped.  Who would want someone so shallow anyway?  >:(

Shallow or just discriminating?

I wouldn't even consider dating you Laura, simply because you're too dark, blonde and have light eyes.

Shallow?

Maybe.......but that's my prerogative.

I'm not really one to apologize for my provisions, but I'm also up front and honest when it comes to what I want.

No games......and I would have asked about tattoos/piercings ahead of time.

It's not something I'd find out about by accident (unless she lied).

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2007, 12:59:52 PM »
Hmmm, you better never have children, get married or take care of your parent because there is a LOT of thing you have to adjust to and tolerate with them.

There are only two things I have to do, for sure: Stay black and die, LOL! All other things are optional.

I'm fortunate that my kids are younger (and generally well behaved)... there's a little more time for me to loosen up 'till they're teenagers. :)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2007, 01:07:11 PM »
There are only two things I have to do, for sure: Stay black and die, LOL! All other things are optional.

I'm fortunate that my kids are younger (and generally well behaved)... there's a little more time for me to loosen up 'till they're teenagers. :)
I'm sure there's nothing that can be done to change those two things drk ;)

And yes, wait until those little ones start having a mind of their own.   Wooooweee they can be handful.  Lot's of patience and tolerance there.

And DIV, saying that I'm too light haired and eyed or too dark in complexion is a matter of taste as you are not attracted to those things.  They are not saying they are not attracted to girls with tattoos, they are saying they would not date a girl with a name tattooed on her.  There is a difference.   

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2007, 01:15:59 PM »
Looks are a little less important to me than Div. I really don't have a preference set in stone but do love me a thick booty, LOL! Ironically my gf doesn't have one so it's not a must have for a relationship I'm in.

After you get over the initial attraction looks aren't really that important.

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2007, 01:17:46 PM »
I would have a problem. I like tat's...have celtic done all over but hideable for business. On the ladies I dated pre wife I didn't mind certain ones but even then I was kinda erked. I like em classy...sexy, but classy.

Face / Neck / Ex Dudes / gang / racial are out. No exceptions. Hell, I don't even think that shit looks right on anyone.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2007, 01:20:20 PM »

I'm sure there's a way to turn you white, Jake...

Michael Jackson, notwithstanding.

[quote author=Laura Lee link=topic=167310.msg2362510#msg2362510 And DIV, saying that I'm too light haired and eyed or too dark in complexion is a matter of taste as you are not attracted to those things.  They are not saying they are not attracted to girls with tattoos, they are saying they would not date a girl with a name tattooed on her.  There is a difference.   
[/quote]

A difference, sure, but I don't like tattos on pale girls anyway.....

I could take a small one, but not a name of an ex.

I would have a problem. I like tat's...have celtic done all over but hideable for business. On the ladies I dated pre wife I didn't mind certain ones but even then I was kinda erked. I like em classy...sexy, but classy.

Face / Neck / Ex Dudes / gang / racial are out. No exceptions. Hell, I don't even think that shit looks right on anyone.

I'm down with baby Samoan. 

No trashy tatts!   >:(

DIV

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2007, 01:34:42 PM »
I'm sure there's a way to turn you white, Jake...

Michael Jackson, notwithstanding.

I'm down with baby Samoan. 

No trashy tatts!   >:(

DIV
So if Rose McGowan came up to you and said DIV...I'm all your baby.  You started exploring her pale body ... oops a tattoo that says "MM" or "Marilyn" or "Manson" or what ever his name is on her body, you would toss her aside and say "Beat it Rose. I have no interest with girls carrying ex's names on their bodies"?

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2007, 01:39:38 PM »
So if Rose McGowan came up to you and said DIV...I'm all your baby.  You started exploring her pale body ... oops a tattoo that says "MM" or "Marilyn" or "Manson" or what ever his name is on her body, you would toss her aside and say "Beat it Rose. I have no interest with girls carrying ex's names on their bodies"?

After he was done with her. :)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2007, 01:40:58 PM »
After he was done with her. :)
rofllmao

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2007, 01:52:51 PM »
rofllmao

If the chance came up and I was single... what the heck? If I were going to pick a figure just for fun it would probably be someone shaped like Vida.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2007, 02:02:59 PM »

.......honestly, I'm not sure Rose is all that intelligent enough for me to be attracted to her.  She is my aesthetic ideal, but to say I'd find her attractive after I met her and had a conversation with her is very premature.  Assuming she was there mentally, things might progress........

But if she was trashy enough to have a MM tatt, I doubt she'd be my type intellectually anyway.

Things go hand in hand, Laura.

You don't find many intellectuals with trashy bodyart, nor piercings..........they aren't as fascinated with the physical because it's just one aspect of sexuality.

DIV

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2007, 02:05:10 PM »
.......honestly, I'm not sure Rose is all that intelligent enough for me to be attracted to her.  She is my aesthetic ideal, but to say I'd find her attractive after I met her and had a conversation with her is very premature.  Assuming she was there mentally, things might progress........

But if she was trashy enough to have a MM tatt, I doubt she'd be my type intellectually anyway.

You don't find many intellectuals with trashy bodyart, nor piercings..........they aren't as fascinated with the physical because it's just one aspect of sexuality.

DIV
How old are you DIV?

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2007, 02:06:20 PM »

DIV

Div,

Toxy is a bad influence on you.

That read pretty romantic, Bro.