Author Topic: Name tattoos?  (Read 7219 times)

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Re: Name tattoos?
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2007, 02:47:27 PM »
On a purely visual level... this is what proportions really float my boat. She's in a bathing suit so it should be fine. Standing side by side I wouldn't even see McGowan.

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2007, 02:57:30 PM »
Got me thinking..living here in the Pac NW there are loads of tattoo'd pale women..some hot. I think I've only seen a couple that were hot. Like the tattoo artist chick that has her own show now..named "Kat" I think..

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2007, 03:24:35 PM »

I still wonder who edited my post. ::)
It was me  :)

And you know why lol  :)

drkaje, if you have a moment would you please look at and comment on this I would value your input thanks:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=167538.0

R

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2007, 04:04:45 PM »
You have me confused. There was no profanity or personal attacks.

Perhaps your imagination ran wild. :)

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2007, 07:23:18 AM »
You don't find many intellectuals with trashy bodyart, nor piercings..........they aren't as fascinated with the physical because it's just one aspect of sexuality.

DIV

In 90% of the cases you are correct. Only time I've seen a very intellectual person with tattoo's is when it was cultural...like mine for example.

I get tattoo's cause in my culture they are used to tell the story of you. Your family history, past, present experiences, rites of passage ect... done tastefully they look really well.

The most famous of tattoo's in Polynesia is the Samoan Pe'a..shown here. It's something my family is pressuring me to get being the oldest male child of all the children.

http://www.janeresture.com/oceania_tattoos/index2.htm

Right now I have my arm sleeves 50% complete.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2007, 07:27:17 AM »
In 90% of the cases you are correct. Only time I've seen a very intellectual person with tattoo's is when it was cultural...like mine for example.

I get tattoo's cause in my culture they are used to tell the story of you. Your family history, past, present experiences, rites of passage ect... done tastefully they look really well.

The most famous of tattoo's in Polynesia is the Samoan Pe'a..shown here. It's something my family is pressuring me to get being the oldest male child of all the children.

http://www.janeresture.com/oceania_tattoos/index2.htm

Right now I have my arm sleeves 50% complete.

Do you have a picture of your arm SamoanIrishman?
:D Weee

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2007, 08:09:24 AM »
Not yet...I just got the designs done and JUST started shading...so it doesn't look quite right yet. It'll be done before the first of the year though. The Celtic stuff I have done locally but anything Samoan I have done when I fly back. It's done old school with the bone and tap stick...no automatic needles

My (kaulima) bicep band was done the old school way. 2" wide around the entire arm...took 6hrs...it sucked :'(. Though the Kava was an awesome trip! It's hard to describe but the colors were prettier, smells stronger and I swear a gecko up on the wall was trying to talk to me. ;D

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2007, 08:26:56 AM »
Not yet...I just got the designs done and JUST started shading...so it doesn't look quite right yet. It'll be done before the first of the year though. The Celtic stuff I have done locally but anything Samoan I have done when I fly back. It's done old school with the bone and tap stick...no automatic needles

My (kaulima) bicep band was done the old school way. 2" wide around the entire arm...took 6hrs...it sucked :'(. Though the Kava was an awesome trip! It's hard to describe but the colors were prettier, smells stronger and I swear a gecko up on the wall was trying to talk to me. ;D
Hmmm strong smells, pretty colors, gecko talking to you...I'd say you had a little smokey smokey before hitting the bone and tap shop.  :)
:D Weee

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2007, 08:45:36 AM »

Them Geckos are   kind-a  Like watch dogs when ya get to know  'em  ;)

Big difference between looking at the kind of art your wearin',,,  and ah.... Lets say blue/green  prison tats?
Is, I think most ppl smart enough to "Get The Picture" these days.

Body ink's become so common today, the origanal rebels would be appalled.

Hell, a Guy needs to be a CPA to AFFORD  a Harley today! Then comes an Obligatory H.D. Tat?  ;D
Getting a little comical IMO.  Counterfit Badasse's.

But if someone likes bodyart, its their Biz. Nobody else.

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2007, 09:18:36 AM »
Hmmm strong smells, pretty colors, gecko talking to you...I'd say you had a little smokey smokey before hitting the bone and tap shop.  :)

Nah...the Kava root will make you trip hard. But relaxes and numbs you a bit. It's used more by women to ease PMS symptoms...just at lower dosages ;D

Trab - True, especially here in the NW. Tat's and piercing's everywhere..

The Hardly Davidson thing is funny, we (sportbikers) tease the posers all the time. Easy to spot with the new $20,000+ Hardly, Hardly Helmet, Jacket, Chaps, boots, shoe laces, gloves, saddlebags and the occational Hardly 1"x1" tattoo on the upper right delt ;D...

..almost as bad as the Sportbike Yuppies with their nice helmets, wife beater, khaki shorts, sandles / flip flops that drive somewhere (usually really fast and attempting "stunts" on a busy freeway where families are driving) just to park it, lean on it while sipping on their venti, double shot mocha frappachino w/ cinnamon sprinkles and whip cream as they hit / eye f*ck every girl that walks by.

Though I've seen a lot of hardly riders do the same.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2007, 11:01:11 AM »
Nah...the Kava root will make you trip hard. But relaxes and numbs you a bit. It's used more by women to ease PMS symptoms...just at lower dosages ;D

Trab - True, especially here in the NW. Tat's and piercing's everywhere..

The Hardly Davidson thing is funny, we (sportbikers) tease the posers all the time. Easy to spot with the new $20,000+ Hardly, Hardly Helmet, Jacket, Chaps, boots, shoe laces, gloves, saddlebags and the occational Hardly 1"x1" tattoo on the upper right delt ;D...

..almost as bad as the Sportbike Yuppies with their nice helmets, wife beater, khaki shorts, sandles / flip flops that drive somewhere (usually really fast and attempting "stunts" on a busy freeway where families are driving) just to park it, lean on it while sipping on their venti, double shot mocha frappachino w/ cinnamon sprinkles and whip cream as they hit / eye f*ck every girl that walks by.

Though I've seen a lot of hardly riders do the same.

One look @ the Sidewalls of a crotch-Rockets rubber tells you everything there is to know about the pilot.  ;)
I wear sidewalls out FIRST! Save the center tread for a final smoke-fest.
I loved to powerslide my GSXR1100. NOthing else like it.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2007, 01:04:27 PM »

Perhaps your imagination ran wild. :)

Uh huh....yeah that's it.

BTW, I gave that woman in the pic your #.  You better get your pass quickly  ;D

(thanks again  :) )
R

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2007, 01:39:46 PM »
Uh huh....yeah that's it.

BTW, I gave that woman in the pic your #.  You better get your pass quickly ;D

(thanks again :) )

That was my guess aas your imagination seems quite vivid.

No worries, LOL! Saying someone dating me for over two years is very understanding would be an understatement and redundant. She's probably say it was OK as long as it was just fun and nothing more.

No problem, feel free to catch me after 9. This stuff I'm studying is hurting my brain. :'(

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2007, 09:42:45 AM »
Thirty.

I've got basic principles, Jake.

If nothing else, I've got to keep it gangsta..........for the kids.   :-*

;D..for the kids...LOL

Cultural tatts, as in the case of the Pacific Islanders is expected.

I think there's a fine line between decent body art and trashy billboard art.
Spot on with that statement

The combination of pale skin and bodyart just looks sordid and sleazy. I agree.

DIV

Div freaking cracks me up on the daily...freaking spot on.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2007, 07:27:37 AM »

If I gave you my addy... could you send me some?  Pleeeeeeeeeeeease?
w

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2007, 09:10:55 AM »
Funniest bumper sticker I ever saw, On a red Camaro.  I have PMS - And a Handgun!  ;D

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2007, 10:29:45 AM »
Ok, a little late on a reply as this thread has gone here there and everywhere, BUT...my first husband had my name tattooed on his back...LISA inside of a heart...when he left us, within a week i had this weird feeling he had done something to it (actually i knew the girl he was leaving us for would have never tolerated it being there) and he had...He had someone connect the L and the I together so then he had USA in a heart...NICE. Since then he's covered it up with something else. He also at the same time (not the sharpest tool in the shed at that time) had her name put on his chest, SOL and now has a big grizzley bear covering that one. Although i love his wife now, he's learned and she's not on him!!!!

Lisa

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2007, 10:37:01 AM »
PS. I have my first daughters name on my ankle with a chain of flowers...had that one for some years. This hubbie can have our other daughters name on him, as i'm done.

Lisa