Author Topic: PARALLEL SQUATS ARE IMPOSSIBLE  (Read 8028 times)

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
Re: PARALLEL SQUATS ARE IMPOSSIBLE
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2007, 03:12:52 PM »
by using your bodyparts to countrbalance to varrying degrees you can in effect spot or add resistance to the movement further

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2007, 03:14:53 PM »
Time is the dimensions of an object, all dimensions are equal and identical -If there is a particle there we can see it as we see all objects in existence, but very small particles, like neutrinoes are practically invisible, imagine how small a parellel squat particle would be then.

infinitely small

BlueDevil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2007, 03:15:33 PM »
by using your bodyparts to countrbalance to varrying degrees you can in effect spot or add resistance to the movement further

When it comes down to it, it all depends on distance: if there is resistance, there is distance. Basically this happens: a highdimensional object is in the photons way, and all of the sudden the photons oscillation in threedimensional space needs to adjust to the many dimensions of the object. The photon gives the object a higher frequency and its related (imagined) spin, the particle is forced to an area with equally fast spin, the light thus bend, depending on frequency.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2007, 03:58:51 PM »
I think you guys are missing my point.  My goal is not to lift the most weight it is to make the exercise as hard as possible. 

I'm not missing your point.

I'm just pointing out that "parallell" squats isn't referring to the back and the shins being parallell, but rather the thigh being parallell to the ground.

Hope. This. Heps.
As empty as paradise

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2007, 04:06:35 PM »
I'm not missing your point.

I'm just pointing out that "parallell" squats isn't referring to the back and the shins being parallell, but rather the thigh being parallell to the ground.

Hope. This. Heps.

Why would it help, isn't it clear from my initial post that I understand this distinction already?  See below

/
/_
  /
figure A

the figure above is what's normally considered parallel for a squat, if you're strong you can hold a lot of weight this way

|
|_
   |
figure B

This figure on the other hand represents what I MEAN by a parallel squat.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2007, 04:08:25 PM »
When it comes down to it, it all depends on distance: if there is resistance, there is distance. Basically this happens: a highdimensional object is in the photons way, and all of the sudden the photons oscillation in threedimensional space needs to adjust to the many dimensions of the object. The photon gives the object a higher frequency and its related (imagined) spin, the particle is forced to an area with equally fast spin, the light thus bend, depending on frequency.

please try to elaborate.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2007, 04:11:38 PM »
I don't do squats anymore but i probably should hahahah

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2007, 04:12:00 PM »
I think you guys are missing my point.  My goal is not to lift the most weight it is to make the exercise as hard as possible.

then i propose this squat:

\
  \ _
      \
figure C

try it, hard as hell.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2007, 04:16:13 PM »
Squatting heavy isn't the only way to make squatting hard.  In fact you can make squatting impossible without any extra weight at all.  What this means is that by controlling the ROM of a squat (or any other exercise for that matter) you can ensure maximal difficulty for the entire rep. 
 /
/_
  /
figure A

the figure above is what's normally considered paralell for a squat, if you're strong you can hold a lot of weight this way

|
|_
   |
figure B

This figure on the other hand represents what I MEAN by a paralell squat.  It is impossible to hold (if you don't believe me try it or read up on the physics, start with torques).  To make squatting harder without the use of any additional weight try to start squatting more like figure B and less like figure A.

so what?  ::)

figure b is sitting on a chair. and sitting on a chair is possible   :D

BlueDevil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2007, 04:16:54 PM »
please try to elaborate.

About what? Penile enlargement ? Quantum gravity, whatever that is? You would do better to explain yourself more fully, rather that issuing dogmatic statements like that. Some of us, and I include myself, understand very little about physics.

garraeth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2007, 04:17:20 PM »
|
|_
   |
figure B

We do this one each time we do legs with Milos.

Granted, we're doing it on a Smith Machine, but our feet are way out in front like that. And we go further down.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2007, 04:18:49 PM »
Why would it help, isn't it clear from my initial post that I understand this distinction already?  See below

Ok.

In figure "A", the thighs are parallell to the ground, thus making it a...

parallell squat.

/
/_
  /
figure A

the figure above is what's normally considered paralell for a squat, if you're strong you can hold a lot of weight this way

|
|_
   |
figure B

This figure on the other hand represents what I MEAN by a paralell squat.
It is impossible to hold (if you don't believe me try it or read up on the physics, start with torques).  To make squatting harder without the use of any additional weight try to start squatting more like figure B and less like figure A.

It doesn't matter what you mean by a parallell squat. If the thighs are parallell to the ground, they are parallell to the ground.

And how is physics making parallell squats impossible?
As empty as paradise

garraeth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2007, 04:19:24 PM »
Here are some amazing pictures of Nicole doing squats:

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2007, 04:20:03 PM »
I don't do squats anymore but i probably should hahahah
You probably should start very soon!  ;)
follow the arrows

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2007, 04:38:59 PM »
Here are some amazing pictures of Nicole doing squats:

moronic.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2007, 05:20:18 PM »
why dew noobs make things such hard?
$

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2007, 05:21:48 PM »
Tits!
a

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2007, 05:22:07 PM »
that girl looks very lickable.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2007, 05:29:27 PM »
About what? Penile enlargement ? Quantum gravity, whatever that is? You would do better to explain yourself more fully, rather that issuing dogmatic statements like that. Some of us, and I include myself, understand very little about physics.

I would be happy to elaborate would it help if I gave some more concrete examples?

I would like you to elaborate on how your quote below can be applied to working out, perhaps give an example.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2007, 06:58:55 PM »
Squatting heavy isn't the only way to make squatting hard.  In fact you can make squatting impossible without any extra weight at all.  What this means is that by controlling the ROM of a squat (or any other exercise for that matter) you can ensure maximal difficulty for the entire rep. 
 /
/_
  /
figure A

|
|_
   |
figure B

This figure on the other hand represents what I MEAN by a paralell squat.  It is impossible to hold (if you don't believe me try it or read up on the physics, start with torques).  To make squatting harder without the use of any additional weight try to start squatting more like figure B and less like figure A.

YOU ARE AN IDIOT TRYING TO GET SOMEONE TO HURT THEMSELVES ON THIS BOARD....

Figure B squats are called WALL SQUATS and involves a rolling apparatus behind ones back so they can slide up and down against a wall with a flat back and relatively perpendicular shins to the floor. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO SQUAT WITH EVEN ONES BODY WEIGHT WITH THE BACK AND SHINS PERPENDICULAR TO THE FLOOR. The closest exercise that allows a flat back and perpendicular shins is the HACK SQUAT MACHINE...and to a lesser degree the SMITH MACHINE SQUATS.
C

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2007, 08:11:18 PM »
YOU ARE AN IDIOT TRYING TO GET SOMEONE TO HURT THEMSELVES ON THIS BOARD....

Figure B squats are called WALL SQUATS and involves a rolling apparatus behind ones back so they can slide up and down against a wall with a flat back and relatively perpendicular shins to the floor. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO SQUAT WITH EVEN ONES BODY WEIGHT WITH THE BACK AND SHINS PERPENDICULAR TO THE FLOOR. The closest exercise that allows a flat back and perpendicular shins is the HACK SQUAT MACHINE...and to a lesser degree the SMITH MACHINE SQUATS.

read what I wrote more carefully.

250Ben250

• Getbig III
  • skinman approved.
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2007, 08:43:25 PM »

If you're main concern is maximizing muscle tension this is the way to do it.  You also have less risk of injury because injuries are mostly cause when you fall into a range of motion in which you are weaker.

This makes no sense.

The "better" position you're recommending would place your body in a weaker state, more likely leading to injury. Your body's natural state is closer to your first illustration when handling heavier weights.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2007, 09:01:21 PM »
Leg press is better, more of the weight can be put on the legs rather than lower back.  Hack squats are better as well.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2007, 09:03:55 PM »
Leg press is better, more of the weight can be put on the legs rather than lower back.  Hack squats are better as well.
Apples and oranges...well, depending on which fruit is better. Biomechanics of the Squat are much different than the leg press, which allow the legs to be hit much better. The leg press is no susbtitute for it.
follow the arrows

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2007, 09:36:05 PM »
This makes no sense.

The "better" position you're recommending would place your body in a weaker state, more likely leading to injury. Your body's natural state is closer to your first illustration when handling heavier weights.

It makes perfect sense.

You take a weight say 500lbs, you can only handle this weight in your very strongest range of motion, but you get a little bit out of the groove and now you are in a much weaker position, what's going to happen?  You will probably get a bad injury.

Now take my method you have no weight on your back and you are trying to move through the hardest possible range of motion, but you can't handle it so either you slip into an easier groove which means less resistance or you lose your balance and have to step back.  Either way you're not going to get hurt.

does that make sense now?