Author Topic: hotter when its cold  (Read 8028 times)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
hotter when its cold
« on: September 23, 2007, 05:00:30 AM »
the human body is in a constant struggle to maintain homeostasis. Not only on the cellular level, but also on the level of body temperature. if it is 110 degress o the surface of your skin, your body turns on the air conditioner...a.k.a. sweating. this process if just the loss of water, which cools you down. but if the temperature is lower than the ideal 98.6 degrees on the surface of your skin, your body turns on an internal heater....a.k.a. thermogenisis. this process is your body dubring off caloires and releasing them in the form of heat in an effort to raise bodily temperature.

so a wallk to the store, if done in 110 degree weather, will result in a bigger loss of water, but a walk to the store when its 50 degrees outside will result in an outstandingly higher number of calories being burned.

so when your doing your cardio, and you pile on the sweaters in an effort to bunr more fat, you are just losing extra water; and actually hurting your fat loss efficiency.

morning cardio done on an empty stomach should be done with a t-shirt and shorts on. the colder your skin is, the more calories your body uses to keep you bdoies temperature at 98.6 degrees!! and also, the cold morning air definitely quickens up your pace.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: hotter when its cold
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 05:02:56 AM »
mods commands

command <move thread>

target <training board>

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 05:03:56 AM »
one may argue that your premise of doing cardio on an empty stomach is a bad idea to begin with..
Here comes the money shot

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 05:04:32 AM »
one may argue that the earth is flat...

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 05:06:33 AM »
one may argue that the earth is flat...

they can, but the scientific evidence indicating that it is round is undeniable..where as your claim is still open..

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 05:09:16 AM »
Here is a thread where a very knowledgable person gave some good info

interestingly enough he was responding to one of your "bad advice post"

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=167342.0

"Lol, okay a few problems but a few good ideas.  First off, fasted cardio is the worst, whatsoever!  I assume you do it first thing in the morning on a empty stomach (hence the "fasted" term)?  You are quite catabolic upon waking and THEN performing cardio on top of it, you will burn muscle, son!  At least hit about a scoop of whey, preferrably WPI since it's the fastest acting.  Or at the VERY worst, down about 10g BCAAs to help slow or stop the catabolism from sleep. 
One can of tuna per hour is a hair rediculous because you are still getting a lot of calories from protein and you're getting some fats; keep in mind protein still causes insulin levels to rise and in doing such, you are slowing the fat loss even worse.  Fatty acid oxidation does not occur when the body is releasing insulin, so in eating every hour you are also retarding fat loss.  The mercury from the tuna really isn't that big of a problem, however.  I eat multiple cans of tuna per day for the past few months because I got into some legal problems recently and I just cannot afford "better" protein sources.  I'm finally making a semi-decent wage from TAing while getting my PhD and the first paycheck comes on Wednesday and most of that check is going to chicken, porkchops, lamb, and steak!
I prefer 60-65g complex carb preworkout, but I eat it with about 70-90g protein like tuna, fat free cheese, extra lean turkey bacon, ground beef, and any mix thereof and I eat this about 90 mins preworkout.
Drinking calories during workout is, possibly, the worst thing for you unless you are cutting calories WAY back or you are a girl, then BCAAs are the best, but not protein itself.  Digestion draws blood to your stomach and in doing so, you are detracting total blood circulation which could cause blackouts or something worse like an aneurysm.
Eating within an hour of ending your workout is the best thing for you, but taking either WPI or BCAAs IMMEDIATELY after workout is extremely important; you only need about 30g protein or 10g BCAAs.  Then eating within an hour is the best with about 50g protein and 50-60g complex carbs; I prefer 1cup dry oats, 1 tbsp wheat bran, 1tbsp oat bran, cinnamon, 1 packet of splenda, and 1tsp of honey for slight taste.
Drinking a shake one hour after your "PWO" meal is about as good of an idea as eating tuna every hour, not very good.
Cardio right before bed can be beneficial, but cardio twice a day probably isn't a good idea unless you're trying to hit a deadline for a show or if you're a fighter trying to make weight; both of which is not applicable in this case."

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 06:44:40 AM »
cardio on zero calories is the best way to burn fat. period.

emtpy stomach/ yeah it works.
but i like to put 50 mg ephedrine 300 mg caffiene 200 mg asprin l carnitine and l glutamine in my stomach before doing cardio.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 06:50:10 AM »
Wouldn't the body be more prone to hang onto fat stores in the winter by downshifting metabolism?  People in hot climates tend to be leaner than people who live in cold climates, in spite of the fact that those who dwell in snowy environments have to shovel the driveway first thing in the morning.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 06:53:42 AM »
i can only assume that the hot-climate vs. cold climate body composition differences would be an effect of long term mind state effects of the wether, the fact that people generally wear less clothes and their bdies are seen more during hot wether, and that winter and lack of sunligth causes epression and increases your appetite.

but i am not saying that.
what i am saying is....do your cardio in a t shirt and shorts. you will burn more calories than if you did them in sweats.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2007, 07:08:45 AM »
one may argue that your premise of doing cardio on an empty stomach is a bad idea to begin with..
Thats because it is a bad idea

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2007, 07:10:31 AM »

but i like to put 50 mg ephedrine 300 mg caffiene 200 mg asprin l carnitine and l glutamine in my stomach before doing cardio.
Where is your evidence? Prove it. What does your body use for energy? ATP... carbon-carbon bonds to phosphate bonds. When you don't have any availible glucose since you are in a fasted state then where do you think the next source of energy comes from candidate? Take a wild one.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2007, 07:11:13 AM »
Infact cardio all together is a pretty useless concept. When dieting for a show you should try to avoid it as long as possible.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2007, 07:14:49 AM »
BA BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM ;D

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2007, 07:16:45 AM »
the human body stores fat for a reason. to use during times of physical need of calories, but none are present in the body.

leafy, i know you have some chub on your right now. tmorrow morning i want you to stare at your waist for 10 minnutes. go out and do 2 hours of slow paced cardio on an empty stomach, then go back to the mirror and tell me that you dont see a difference.

results, results, results.

its only logical that the body will use body fat as a source of energy.

all bodily movements are "cardio", leafy. running a caloric deficit is just like doing very long drawn out slow paced "starved cardio" no difference. if your body can use fat for energy one time, it can use it at another.

its too easy, yet you dont get it.

open your mind.
take in the info.

trust me.
it works.

BlueDevil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2007, 07:16:54 AM »
You might look at it like this: instead of considering the 1st ionization energy, consider the "deionization" energy of pulling an electron off on an O- vs. an H-. It takes a lot more energy to pull the extra electron off the oxygen anion than the hydride.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2007, 07:20:15 AM »
the human body stores fat for a reason. to use during times of physical need of calories, but none are present in the body.

leafy, i know you have some chub on your right now. tmorrow morning i want you to stare at your waist for 10 minnutes. go out and do 2 hours of slow paced cardio on an empty stomach, then go back to the mirror and tell me that you dont see a difference.

all bodily movements are "cardio", leafy. running a caloric deficit is just like doing very long drawn out slow paced "starved cardio" no difference. if your body can use fat for energy one time, it can use it at another.

open your mind.
take in the info.

trust me.
it works.

yeah listen to his advice Leafy, look at this ripped huge freak of nature. ;D

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2007, 07:23:45 AM »
yeah listen to his advice Leafy, look at this ripped huge freak of nature. ;D
Hahahaha i don't even know if i should bother to guide this guy since pandemonium claims he is a gimmick.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2007, 07:33:44 AM »
it is all "starved cardio" the only possibel wa to lose weight is to do "starved cardio".

thinka bout it....so you are runnign a caloric defecit, and doing no cardio. that means that your body is burning up everythin you eat, and then some.

"and then soem"

when, how and what does "and then soem" desribe?
when running a caloric deficit, your body uses itself(mostly bodyfat) for the sum of the caloric deficit. that is the "what" of the "and then some". how does it use body fat? well, once all the food you have aten gets digest and burrned up thorugh your metabolism, you are then on what is refered to as an "empty stomach", and all bodily processes and movements that you perform once you are on an "empty stomach" (meaning that its a time in the day when all your food has been metabolised), your body will grap at its fat stores for thenergy. as long as you arent doing anythin strenuos while having an "empty somach", your body will not revert to "survival" mode and start to catabolise muscle tissue.   so, the way you lose weight while dieting on a caloric deficit with no cardio, is by doing "starved cardio" for short amounts of time spread out between the time you last meal has been digested, to the time you eat your next meal.

if starved cardio is inneffective; so is you 'caloric deficit" diet plan.

there you go, you fucking retarded bitch.

try to come at me and ill show you whats up.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2007, 07:49:42 AM »
epic trying to sound knowledgable and misspelling 25 words in your "essay".

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2007, 07:55:01 AM »
epic trying to sound knowledgable and misspelling 25 words in your "essay".
Hahah yep, thats definantly a gimmick.

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2007, 08:14:05 AM »

hahahha, eca calls for like 80 mg asprin, thats baby asprin, as well as a little less ephedrine. Hope your kidneys forgive you

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2007, 08:25:20 AM »

hahahahaha, epic not sleeping for 4 days.

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2007, 08:28:49 AM »

open your mind.
take in the info.

trust me.
it works.

hah so you're claiming he'd have a NOTICEABLE amount of weightloss after one run? aaaahahhaha theres no chance that could be a little bit of water loss eh? :P

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2007, 08:30:17 AM »
hahahha, eca calls for like 80 mg asprin, thats baby asprin, as well as a little less ephedrine. Hope your kidneys forgive you

25mg ephe, 200 caf, 81 aspirin

candidate...is literally telling you to exert yourself while calorie depleted and also get high...great

I use to be one of those "45 min cardio first thing in the AM on an empty stomach"..I shifted to 10-20 min after working out....I am still learning

if I do cardio in the morning I take a scope of whey and maybe a couple of BCAA..never more than 25 minutes...

honestly, It is hard to eat less....especially on sundays with football coming on

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2007, 08:33:21 AM »
25mg ephe, 200 caf, 81 aspirin

candidate...is literally telling you to exert yourself while calorie depleted and also get high...great

Yeah i got a pretty good feelin he didnt look into how eca is supposed to be taken, he just was like "hm it stands for eph caffein and asprin eh" and then just takes a whole lotta each every day.

See at least the pros know how to abuse drugs...candidate just abuses them cuz hes confused