Author Topic: hotter when its cold  (Read 8112 times)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
Re: hotter when its cold
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2007, 09:47:32 AM »
okay then guys..this question should bring about the realization for you

think of one scenario in which the human body would burn body fat off, other than when calories are not present and it called upon to perform a task.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2007, 09:49:37 AM »

think of one scenario in which the human body would burn body fat off, other than when calories are not present and it called upon to perform a task.
How about when working out in an abundance of calories?

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2007, 09:51:11 AM »

Ever heard of the "Thermic Effect of Food"?  Kind of shoots down all that bullshgit youve been spouting for the last two pages.

Jason

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2007, 09:52:06 AM »
you will be using those calories.

the human body wont eat itself when it has nutrients available to use alternatively.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2007, 09:55:01 AM »
you will be using those calories.

the human body wont eat itself when it has nutrients available to use alternatively.

So youve never heard of it?

Jason

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2007, 09:57:42 AM »
Ever heard of the "Thermic Effect of Food"?  Kind of shoots down all that bullshgit youve been spouting for the last two pages.

Jason
how so?
the two are unrelated...inf act, if anything at all; the thermic effect offood would support my argument.   but it really doesnt have any relationship with the topic at hand.

dont post something that isnt accurate.

i understand that its only human nature for you guys to be be-wildered and confused by this.

what people dont understand, they choose to say is "confusing" or that its stupid...its a form of delusion that your ego creates so as to prevent you from ever thinking that soemone else is smarter than you are.

i ome across this all the time....any ideas that are beyond a persons rationale they dem to be confusing, impossible, or stupid.   its just a way of disgarding the fact that it is their own inferiority, not the arguments, that is the problem.

yes, human beings are scared of that which they do not understand.

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2007, 10:06:33 AM »

I think the better word for what you're trying to say is "glucose" not "calories."

Your bodies first and favorite choice of fuel will always be glucose (blood sugar) and glycogen (the storage form of glucose).  Once all the glucose and glycogen stores are depleted your body has to find another fuel source. That leaves either converting aminos from your muscle into glucose (glucogenisis) or using stored fat. The intensity level of what you're doing goes a long way in determining which fuel source your body will use. If your intensity level is high your body will use glucogenisis to supply the needed fuel. If the intensity level is low (under 130 heart beats per minute) your body will generally use fat for fuel.  It's not 100% glucogenisis or 100% fat use for fuel, but primarily one or the other.

This is why doing low intensity cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach is an effective fat burner.  You've gone 8 hours without food and your glucose and glycogen stores are depleted or close to it.  If you keep the intensity low your body should burn primarily fat for fuel. If you're concerned about muscle loss take some branch chain aminos and glutamine before starting your cardio.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2007, 10:17:37 AM »
but wouldn't the same glycogen depleted state occur after intense weight training?
Here comes the money shot

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2007, 10:30:05 AM »
why dont u tell us how it should be taken, beener?

28mg eph, 200 caff, 80mg asprin (though i dont use the asprin, as many do not)

Happy? Oh and this was already covered on the first page, and if you type eca ANYWHERE into ANY search thats exactly the protocol you'll come oup wiht..

fucktard

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2007, 10:30:07 AM »
but wouldn't the same glycogen depleted state occur after intense weight training?

Yes, it possibly could.  It depends a lot on how full your glycogen stores are before your weight training.  If you train at 5 pm and you've eaten several high carb meals throughout the day your glycogen stores could be completely full, which depending on one's size could be anywhere from 300-500 stored grams of glycogen (carbs basically).  So in order to deplete your glycogen stores to even get into the fat burning zone you'd first need to burn off all of that stored glycogen.  Weight training really doesn't burn as many calories as many think so more than likely you'll start your cardio with with your glycogen stores still at least partly full. You'll first need to burn off the remaining glycogen stores before your body will turn to the fat stores.

Doing cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach is just easier for a lot of people since you're almost assured your glycogen stores  are depleted and it can also be very hard to complete a full cardio session after a hard weight training session.

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2007, 10:33:25 AM »
interesting thread.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2007, 10:34:30 AM »
Yes, it possibly could.  It depends a lot on how full your glycogen stores are before your weight training.  If you train at 5 pm and you've eaten several high carb meals throughout the day your glycogen stores could be completely full, which depending on one's size could be anywhere from 300-500 stored grams of glycogen (carbs basically).  So in order to deplete your glycogen stores to even get into the fat burning zone you'd first need to burn off all of that stored glycogen.  Weight training really doesn't burn as many calories as many think so more than likely you'll start your cardio with with your glycogen stores still at least partly full. You'll first need to burn off the remaining glycogen stores before your body will turn to the fat stores.

Doing cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach is just easier for a lot of people since you're almost assured your glycogen stores  are depleted and it can also be very hard to complete a full cardio session after a hard weight training session.
Muscle run on fat and carbs regardless if glycogen stores are full. Glycogen is targeted more for the brains use then it is for the muscles.

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2007, 10:40:50 AM »
monster overcomplicating of simple knowledge.

do cardio to loose weight, whether your stomach is full or empty is a marginal difference at most.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2007, 10:42:10 AM »
monster overcomplicating of simple knowledge.

do cardio to loose weight, whether your stomach is full or empty is a marginal difference at most.
Some cardio is more ideal then others and more muscle sparring. Do HIT cardio and you will literally beable to count your sessions for your whole contest prep on 2 hands.

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2007, 11:12:17 AM »
Some cardio is more ideal then others and more muscle sparring. Do HIT cardio and you will literally beable to count your sessions for your whole contest prep on 2 hands.
What exactly is HIT cardio ?

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2007, 11:20:07 AM »

that is where you take your ECA and then beat your wife for 30 min
Here comes the money shot

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2007, 11:22:59 AM »
Sprints are a good example.

INSOMNIA

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • we're all mad here
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2007, 11:28:57 AM »
Wouldn't the body be more prone to hang onto fat stores in the winter by downshifting metabolism?  People in hot climates tend to be leaner than people who live in cold climates, in spite of the fact that those who dwell in snowy environments have to shovel the driveway first thing in the morning.

yes, you are right and I agree 100%. Cold air or water will cause an evolutionary survival response by storing fat, and tends to also make u store fat subcutaneously. This is the reason why my dieting is much less effective during the cold months...I cant do any shows requiring me to diet during this period (nov-march) as it is an uphill battle the whole way thru.

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2007, 11:30:59 AM »

HIT is generally anything that gets your heart rate over 130 bpm.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2007, 11:33:39 AM »
yes, you are right and I agree 100%. Cold air or water will cause an evolutionary survival response by storing fat, and tends to also make u store fat subcutaneously. This is the reason why my dieting is much less effective during the cold months...I cant do any shows requiring me to diet during this period (nov-march) as it is an uphill battle the whole way thru.

There you have it.  Everyone should listen to me all the time.

"Trust me"  :D

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2007, 11:34:45 AM »

that is where you take your ECA and then beat your wife for 30 min

Like Mike Menzter did

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2007, 11:46:51 AM »
Sprints are a good example.
Sprint for 3 mins.? then rest for 1 ?  Thank's Leafy.

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2007, 11:47:27 AM »
HIT is generally anything that gets your heart rate over 130 bpm.
Thank's bro..

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2007, 01:11:03 PM »
once someone else came in and backed me up everyone backed off....
which is exactly what i knew would happen.

epic arguing only because of my age.
brutal lack of fault-admittance when debate opponent is of lesser years.
monster delusions of knowledge.

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2007, 01:18:14 PM »
once someone else came in and backed me up everyone backed off....
which is exactly what i knew would happen.

epic arguing only because of my age.
brutal lack of fault-admittance when debate opponent is of lesser years.
monster delusions of knowledge.
Dude !! What the hell.... Instead of all this mumbo jumbo bullshit...Write something we can understand ...

I'm all for learning something new ..So please explain what it is ,that you're writing about.