Author Topic: Open challenge  (Read 9627 times)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
Open challenge
« on: September 24, 2007, 06:24:06 PM »
I know many guys rag on training theories and styles.  Here is a chance to show us you're right...or wrong.  One thing I've learned in training, after many screw ups, is never discount a training method to help you achieve your goals.  So here it is.

Pick a style you think is complete BS or simply one of interest and use it consistently for 3 months.  Follow every aspect written about the training and supplement with a good diet and detail your progress throughout and compare the final results to what your prior stats were.

Some ideas:

Strongman
HST
HVT
HIT
GVT
Doggcrapp
5x5
Olympic lifting
Westside Barbell
Milos Giant Sets

I'll leave this up for a while to see if it generates interest and if anybody agrees.  If you take the challenge you will need to use the Training Log Board to give us the play-by-play.  If nothing else this should be fun to see unfold.

Edit:  (thank you haider) If there is enough interest (say 5-8 people at least) we will set a date to start and finish.  Pics are welcome but certainly not mandatory.  If you decide to post a pic at the end I would only ask that you use a paper in the picture, showing the date, as 240 asked of the Getbig contestants.

SO FAR WE HAVE:
webcke_112: HST
Haider: HST
Thewickedtruth: DC
Squishy face retard

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
Re: Open challenge
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 06:26:15 PM »
I'll do HST, but I need 2 weeks before Ramadan ends. You can count on me for this one, I've had a detailed journal already so Ive been in the business for some time now  8) Maybe this time with pics as well  ;)
follow the arrows

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 05:23:22 PM »
I forgot I'm gonna be doing therapy for my back so #1, I could be out of this #2, given enough time until the "start" time my back could be fully recovered or #3, I'll have to run the cycle without squats and deadlifts  :P
follow the arrows

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 12:04:45 PM »
Sign me up for HIT - I did it for a while when I was a teenager, and it worked well.  Time to dust off some Dorian training articles.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 09:03:57 AM »
Will do.
Squishy face retard

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 10:19:13 AM »
Will do.

Now that I'm looking at the literal definitions of HIT, I'm thinking that what I would like to do is technically called "Blood & Guts HIT" as opposed to the Nautilus/Mentzer style HIT.  Is that still cool?

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 04:28:38 PM »
Now that I'm looking at the literal definitions of HIT, I'm thinking that what I would like to do is technically called "Blood & Guts HIT" as opposed to the Nautilus/Mentzer style HIT.  Is that still cool?
How ever you want to do it.  I really want to see if people will follow through because it is easy to start but hard to finish. Trust me, I know.   ;D
Squishy face retard

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2007, 04:48:21 PM »
We should get more people to sign up- we talk a whole bunch of shit, some of us have gotta back it up ;)
follow the arrows

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2007, 09:12:38 PM »
That's why I made this.   ;D  Many guys either talk shit about a program or most likely don't work out too hard.  I also think it would be good to disspell myths about certain training ideas or philosophies. 

So far:

Haider-HST?
Zach T-Blood and  Guts
Squishy face retard

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 10:04:31 PM »
Anybody else?  I'm getting excited about this - I'm finishing up on a 12-week periodization cycle now, so I'm looking for a change.  I even ordered Dorian's book - I'm going all out and following his program to the T, assuming all the equipment is available at my gym.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2007, 04:55:18 AM »
I think ill give HST a shot. I won't start it for a couple of weeks though.
No doubt about it...

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2007, 11:20:10 AM »
You three guys decide on a date on here and lay out what you are going to do.  This should be a cool experience.
Squishy face retard

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2007, 11:30:15 AM »
I'm doing rest/pause training right now...now i'd have to change that or keep going with it? either way I'm down...I'll do the powerlifting or the 5x5 for a few weeks if I must changed my current training style for this.. either way i'm down!  :)

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2007, 11:34:17 AM »
  I'll try the system of one workout per month...you know,to combat overtraining.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2007, 11:52:09 AM »
I'm doing rest/pause training right now...now i'd have to change that or keep going with it? either way I'm down...I'll do the powerlifting or the 5x5 for a few weeks if I must changed my current training style for this.. either way i'm down!  :)
I would say the rest pause training is fine.  You are trying to get stronger each week and use rest pause, which is very similar to DC.  You could classify it under that if you'd like.
Squishy face retard

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2007, 12:13:04 PM »
I would say the rest pause training is fine.  You are trying to get stronger each week and use rest pause, which is very similar to DC.  You could classify it under that if you'd like.

sweet! I'm in!

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2007, 06:39:27 PM »
I'd like to see the "lamefalsehood" character participate in this too  :D
follow the arrows

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2007, 06:37:29 AM »
Who wants to start when?  I'll probably be ready to start as of Nov. 1.

So far we've got:

Me - Blood & Guts HIT
Haider - HST
webcke - HST
thewickedtruth - rest-pause/DC

Anybody else?

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2007, 01:17:43 PM »
I'd like to change over to Conjugated Periodization, even though its extremely similar to HST.  :)
follow the arrows

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2007, 07:53:45 PM »
I've officially started my routine today, great to be back in the gym bitches  8)
follow the arrows

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2007, 09:16:54 PM »
Who wants to start when?  I'll probably be ready to start as of Nov. 1.

So far we've got:

Me - Blood & Guts HIT
Haider - HST
webcke - HST
thewickedtruth - rest-pause/DC

Anybody else?

Ill be able to start on the 1st of November as-well. So how long do it for? Couple of months?
No doubt about it...

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2007, 09:17:51 PM »
Ok just re-read, 3 months. Sweet, looking foward to it :)
No doubt about it...

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2007, 03:00:54 PM »
Everybody tell me how you think this works for a format:

12 weeks, starting November 1, which would take us into the end of January.  Each participant should have his weight, bodyfat, and normal circumference measurements taken within 3 days of starting.  We'll each have our own thread on the training log board to track progress.

Also, I was thinking just simple front and rear relaxed pics at the beginning and at the end.  Any thoughts?

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2007, 02:57:45 PM »
I started already though, I guess I'll do measurements and everything now and at Nov. 1 as well, as long as I follow it for the 3 months following November?

P.S.: MY ASS IS SO FVNCIKG SORE FROM THE 1ST WORKOUT. NO HOMO COMMENTS PLEASE
follow the arrows

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2007, 03:12:05 PM »
I just started Westside style on October 14th after 15 years of all the others. So put me down as the Westside Experiment. I'll keep it intense brothers, AAHHHRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!