Author Topic: best front lat spread of all time  (Read 140352 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: best front lat spread of all time
« Reply #350 on: August 21, 2009, 02:20:12 PM »
talk about morphed pics? Kev was taller than Yates by a few inches? ok ::)

What else is he gonna say? he's crushed because Coleman can't compare

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #351 on: August 21, 2009, 02:28:46 PM »
::)

trying to pretend that its not blatantly obvious that ronnie's arms and quads are not significantly larger is one of the stupidest thing I have ever read..

Hellen Keller could tell they are noticably bigger:

::)
ronnies gyno was bigger too 8)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #352 on: August 21, 2009, 02:45:37 PM »
I know you didn't miss the part where I said AT HIS BEST  ;) but as usual you have to post pics of him that proved a point no one is arguing stupid

the most muscular I posted is from 93 you moron ::)

get your head out of the flowers next time
Flower Boy Ran Away

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #353 on: August 21, 2009, 03:08:53 PM »
Entertaining he was 255 in 1995 that's 2 pounds you're fucking telling me that's an advantage in muscular bulk? LMFAO beyond retarded as usual especially considering it's not dense dry muscle , it's no advantage

Flex magazine Dec 1995

Dorian Yates : Skin like tissue paper. In the crucial front double-biceps shot , the left bicep is short , but NOT fatally so. Traps look as if they have the capacity to render him deaf. Back , upper and lower , is sensational in EVERY respect : width , thickness and detail. Side triceps is a masterpiece that he's made into a Broadway production number. Thighs have more sweep than before . Calves? Yates wrote the book on calves . In muscle thickness , he's in a class of his own . Today's combination of size , proportion , shape and condition make this his peak form.

Dude you've got to accept that you split hairs about Dorian being 260lb when Ronnie was 257lb, making out the 3lb was important, then when simply proved wrong you turn about face and say that disputing 2 pounds is ridiculous, which seems slightly incredible.

Also, quoting Flex Magazine from '95 only reflects their opinion on Mr O in '95. It's pre-Ronnie's reign, and also the same publication which declared Ronnie's back 1st best back of all time, with Dorian 2nd. Do you agree with that too?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #354 on: August 21, 2009, 03:12:33 PM »
the most muscular I posted is from 93 you moron ::)

get your head out of the flowers next time

wow bully for you one far back from Yates and close up for Ronnie  ::) don't break your patting yourself on the back ...you think that nullifies your FEAR in post multiple shots from 1996? should I play your game?

wow look at Dorian owning Ronnie  ;)

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #355 on: August 21, 2009, 03:15:22 PM »
wow, great shot, actually hitting the pose properly, something a mr o probably hasnt been able to do since Haney. Shame Dorians side chest didnt seem to look this good on stage, didnt hit it quite as well
What a jackass posts pics from 1996  ::) you're deathly afraid of Dorian at his best and I don't blame you

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #356 on: August 21, 2009, 03:31:00 PM »
Dude you've got to accept that you split hairs about Dorian being 260lb when Ronnie was 257lb, making out the 3lb was important, then when simply proved wrong you turn about face and say that disputing 2 pounds is ridiculous, which seems slightly incredible.

Also, quoting Flex Magazine from '95 only reflects their opinion on Mr O in '95. It's pre-Ronnie's reign, and also the same publication which declared Ronnie's back 1st best back of all time, with Dorian 2nd. Do you agree with that too?

It's not that weight that's important its the weight AND the density & dryness that accompany it. the weight is meaningless if it's at the expense of the whole which is exactly why someone like Shawn Ray can beat a 285 pound Nasser and why a smaller Dorian would beat a much larger Coleman

And Flex declared Dorian the best back of the 20th century which includes 1998 & 1999 , they also said Stubbs has a better back than both ! does it make it true? NO these lists can go both ways it's arguable Ronnie has a better back same goes for Dorian , I can post polls from other source that were taken recently that say Dorians is better does it make it so? NO

However Peter McGough's assessment isn't a poll his opinion has proven to be objective and honest and the guy has years of experience in the game his opinion surely is better than someone like Dino Pierce and it was before Coleman's reign does that mean it rendered obsolete? many interviews to this day still hail Dorian's combo has untouchable , Dorian himself an IFBB judge has said Ronnie's conditioning isn't as good ( or balance ) and it's exactly why people consider Yates' era ( and part of Ronnie's ) as the best the sports ever been

And finally what does Ronnie have to say about the subject after he became the Greatest Bodybuilder of All Time? I wont bother embarrassing you guys  ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #357 on: August 21, 2009, 03:36:05 PM »
wow, great shot, actually hitting the pose properly, something a mr o probably hasnt been able to do since Haney. Shame Dorians side chest didnt seem to look this good on stage, didnt hit it quite as well

This is from Flex magazine touching on the topic

Whatever happened to the side chest pose? Not since Dorian Yates retired have I seen an IFBB pro nail this pose the way it should be hit. Look at the May 2008 cover of FLEX and you will see Arnold Schwarzenegger hitting the side chest pose correctly. See how he pulls the forearm into his rib cage? See how he arches his back, sticks out his chest and is turned to the side? This is how it should be done. So many pros today keep their arms too low and turn too much to the front. It's almost like a front chest pose. Just look at photos in past issues of FLEX of Arnold, Franco Columbu, Lou Ferrigno, Reg Park, Dave Draper, Larry Scott ... the list of classic pros who know how to hit that pose

is endless. The outtakes from Pumping Iron show Arnold "teaching" Franco the proper way to perform the side chest pose. "Not front chest, Franco, side chest. And if you don't have it, don't hit it, Franco."

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #358 on: August 21, 2009, 03:39:39 PM »
Back on topic this shot is just untouchable by anyone

despite his wider hips and waist this pose is a masterpiece it gives you an idea of how fucking wider he is if he's waist & hips are that wider and he still has such an insane shot and taper

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #359 on: August 21, 2009, 03:49:00 PM »
another superb shot. A pose should be hit and be able to show symmetry, balance and proportion but at the same time the bodypart being exploited should stand out. For example the lats should ultimately stand out in the front lat spread pose, something Ronnies dont do (did from the rear), same as his chest doesnt stand out in the side chest pose, etc etc
Back on topic this shot is just untouchable by anyone

despite his wider hips and waist this pose is a masterpiece it gives you an idea of how fucking wider he is if he's waist & hips are that wider and he still has such an insane shot and taper

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #360 on: August 21, 2009, 03:51:38 PM »
another superb shot. A pose should be hit and be able to show symmetry, balance and proportion but at the same time the bodypart being exploited should stand out. For example the lats should ultimately stand out in the front lat spread pose, something Ronnies dont do (did from the rear), same as his chest doesnt stand out in the side chest pose, etc etc

I agree Ronnie's rear lat spread was better than his front !

Gino30

• Getbig IV
« Reply #361 on: August 21, 2009, 04:03:31 PM »
hey its true.

dorian was not exactly known for his detail from the front you know.

he was all back..best in the sport until King Ron came along..

literally a sickness to behold....years and years of Dorian hate.....what type have life have you lived?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #362 on: August 21, 2009, 04:15:35 PM »
Waiting here for the next front lat spread

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #363 on: August 21, 2009, 04:36:14 PM »
Well that depends on the year if we're talking about 2003 NO his quads were without equal in terms of size , but it all depends on the circumstance do you think Ronnie from the 2001 ASC has bigger quads than say a 282 pound Dorian? I think not. Dorian at 260 pounds compared to Ronnie at 247 sure they better be side-by-side before you can say definitively who has the bigger quads which is a matter of semantics anyway but that doesn't create a better pose when his calves aren't in proportion

And on the subject of ARMS you know biceps , triceps and forearms , we can always give Ronnie the nod on biceps but triceps and forearms ( which are part of ARMS depending on the year Dorian would be comparable in terms of size . His triceps and forearms are pretty damn good in fact Peter McGough has said his forearms are among the best he's ever seen , you can't pick which muscle you think is more important and ignore the rest NOT how it works .

Ronnie has better tie-ins which help but you're picking and choosing what you think wins a pose again and Dorian's pecs are striated just because you can't gather than from certain pics doesn't mean it's not there

Keep maintaining all you's like but his calves suck and only a biased fan would try and minimize them . why do they suck? they lack shape that classic diamond shape , they're insert high , they lack any separation of the gastrocnemious inner & outer heads , and they're not in proportion with his quads , they just aren't . normal ' standard ' calves would be like Lee Labrada who's calves were developed and diamond shaped but weren't massive Ronnie's calves suck

Dorian's biceps were ok Ronnie's calves are horrible and you honesty think quads are a bigger muscle group than calves? is this a joke? no kidding they're a bigger group lol and Dorian's quads are ONLY behind Ronnie's in terms of rectus femoris separation and that's it , you can argue size depending on the year and even shape if you'd like but development give me a break . and Dorian's LEGS have better proportion throughout calves are in proportion with the quads , glutes in proportion with the legs so they don't stick out and can be seen from the front , upper & lower body balance all in Yates favor , so you can argue over parts all you like it's the whole that separates one from another

Dorian's conditioning in legendary Ronnie's isn't there were a few times in  his career where he came in great shape but if you notice that all went down hill , first Olympia his conditioning ( for that contest ) was his best , the pros agree as does he and has maintained that on several occasions . from that contest on it was all down hill ( 2001 ASC best showing ever ) Dorian had striated glutes if you say Ronnie has more I'd say you need to get out more often , and Dorian's hams were outstanding period ! and to boot they were in proportion with his quads ( which you can see in any side pose in profile ) Ronnie's aren't at different times it was better when he was lighter but the bigger the quads became the bigger that discrepancy became , keep ALL of this in mind the judges do

No one is arguing Ronnie wasn't good , his balance & proportion were GOOD for him when he was lighter , but not in Yates' league . same with the conditioning although I would concede Ronnie at the least matched it in 1998 & 2001 albeit at lighter weights than Dorian , and Ronnie's balance was good compared to the guys he was competing with again not in Yates' league Ronnie won in 98/99 because of his overall package in the later years he won purely on size and good conditioning and did you actually just say Levrone was his best ever in 2000? lol do you actually follow bodybuilding? Levrone's best most definitely was NOT 2000 and I don't know why you're bringing that up Dorian cleaned the floor with a probable best ever Kevin in 95 as well as a much , much better Flex Wheeler from 1993

Dorian AT HIS BEST is just to complete hard , dry and balanced for Ronnie in fact for anyone which is why he dominated the sport like no one before or after him.
Wo wo wo, I've not once mentioned ASC 2001 Ronnie. Talk about selective comparison. I was talking about my pic from 99 vs your pic from '93. 282lb studio b/w Dorian has quads which dwarf his own 269 best ever b/w quads, as well as his own 2005 Olympia quads, so that's a little suspect to say the least. Especially since it surfaces 10 years later, after the inception of photoshop.

Sorry, I don't like to knock Dorian's arms, but whereas any best arms poll will feature Ronnie, possible at the top, nowhere will you find Dorian. Dorian's tris did look good from one angle, and the side tri looked good cos he could press them against his massive lats. But in the front double bi Ronnie's inner tris were both massive and well shaped with trademark insane detail, so it's not black and white, like all the best Dorian pics are. His forarms are considered good by all but yourself. Plus Ronnie's arms are much much bigger at their best, much more detail, including in the triceps, and overall shape is no contest, they have enough flow to have a wow factor, Dorian's have relatively small and proportioned bis/tris with great forearms. His delts dwarf arms in back double bi, by no means classic balance.

Ronnie's conditioning in the glutes and hams is legendary in fact, and superior to Dorians. Your defense against this is I need to get out more? Hell we're all debating naked men, at least I'm aware the judges look to glutes as a mark of conditioning. Guys like Dexter, Gaspari, even Thorvilsen owe much of their repective levels of career success to this hard-to-attain attribute, and guys like Bob Chic (no disrespect) had a hard time sometimes because they didn't have them. Lee Priest got slated for not having them also, then he got them for the Australian Pro and won it. If you refute their importance (insanely gay as it sounds) you clearly haven't followed bodybuilding in the post-Gaspari era. You say Ronnie's quad size was a problem in later years because of a quad/ham disrepency? You condescent that I should bear this in mind because the judges do? What year were his quads biggest, maybe 2003? He got a perfect score. What do you really know about judging?

Dorian's quads are only behind Ronnie's in rectus femoris separation?! Hence they are behind, thank you. Given that they are also smaller, I wonder how you pretend they are better.

You say Ronnie's later wins were based on size and conditioning? I thought you knew what the judges like, and size isn't enough? And I thought his condition in later years was terrible? Dude won as many Os coasting on his condition as Dorian in his whole career. BTW judges decide who wins the O. Again your own opinions and what the judges actually reward are not the same thing. Also, Ronnie 99 did better from a judges-points perspective than Ronnie 98, earning his first perfect score of three.

What year is Yates at his best in your opinion btw? Because I don't think 282lb Dorian counts for anything. We don't know what he looks like from the back, and he looks suspect in the one existing shot from the front. Where's the rest of the shoot? Why didn't it surface during his career? Why does it look so airbrushed? And why isn't that shoot the talk of the bodybuilding world, surpassing '93 269lb as possibly the greatest BB pics ever? His quads never actually got bigger after he quit squats earlier in his career, yet here in a previously never seen pic they appear the fullest of his whole life, noticably bigger and rounder than '93? Give me a break.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #364 on: August 21, 2009, 04:48:19 PM »
How about this john grimek worked out with cinder blocks and broom sticks and no roids

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #365 on: August 21, 2009, 04:52:02 PM »
wow bully for you one far back from Yates and close up for Ronnie  ::) don't break your patting yourself on the back ...you think that nullifies your FEAR in post multiple shots from 1996? should I play your game?

wow look at Dorian owning Ronnie  ;)

Who's the worm standing beside Yates?   ;D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #366 on: August 21, 2009, 05:20:08 PM »
The socks made the difference ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #367 on: August 21, 2009, 05:47:34 PM »
Wo wo wo, I've not once mentioned ASC 2001 Ronnie. Talk about selective comparison. I was talking about my pic from 99 vs your pic from '93. 282lb studio b/w Dorian has quads which dwarf his own 269 best ever b/w quads, as well as his own 2005 Olympia quads, so that's a little suspect to say the least. Especially since it surfaces 10 years later, after the inception of photoshop.

Sorry, I don't like to knock Dorian's arms, but whereas any best arms poll will feature Ronnie, possible at the top, nowhere will you find Dorian. Dorian's tris did look good from one angle, and the side tri looked good cos he could press them against his massive lats. But in the front double bi Ronnie's inner tris were both massive and well shaped with trademark insane detail, so it's not black and white, like all the best Dorian pics are. His forarms are considered good by all but yourself. Plus Ronnie's arms are much much bigger at their best, much more detail, including in the triceps, and overall shape is no contest, they have enough flow to have a wow factor, Dorian's have relatively small and proportioned bis/tris with great forearms. His delts dwarf arms in back double bi, by no means classic balance.

Ronnie's conditioning in the glutes and hams is legendary in fact, and superior to Dorians. Your defense against this is I need to get out more? Hell we're all debating naked men, at least I'm aware the judges look to glutes as a mark of conditioning. Guys like Dexter, Gaspari, even Thorvilsen owe much of their repective levels of career success to this hard-to-attain attribute, and guys like Bob Chic (no disrespect) had a hard time sometimes because they didn't have them. Lee Priest got slated for not having them also, then he got them for the Australian Pro and won it. If you refute their importance (insanely gay as it sounds) you clearly haven't followed bodybuilding in the post-Gaspari era. You say Ronnie's quad size was a problem in later years because of a quad/ham disrepency? You condescent that I should bear this in mind because the judges do? What year were his quads biggest, maybe 2003? He got a perfect score. What do you really know about judging?

Dorian's quads are only behind Ronnie's in rectus femoris separation?! Hence they are behind, thank you. Given that they are also smaller, I wonder how you pretend they are better.

You say Ronnie's later wins were based on size and conditioning? I thought you knew what the judges like, and size isn't enough? And I thought his condition in later years was terrible? Dude won as many Os coasting on his condition as Dorian in his whole career. BTW judges decide who wins the O. Again your own opinions and what the judges actually reward are not the same thing. Also, Ronnie 99 did better from a judges-points perspective than Ronnie 98, earning his first perfect score of three.

What year is Yates at his best in your opinion btw? Because I don't think 282lb Dorian counts for anything. We don't know what he looks like from the back, and he looks suspect in the one existing shot from the front. Where's the rest of the shoot? Why didn't it surface during his career? Why does it look so airbrushed? And why isn't that shoot the talk of the bodybuilding world, surpassing '93 269lb as possibly the greatest BB pics ever? His quads never actually got bigger after he quit squats earlier in his career, yet here in a previously never seen pic they appear the fullest of his whole life, noticably bigger and rounder than '93? Give me a break.

I don't care if you mentioned 2001 I did. And oh the old conspiracy theory huh? Kevin Horton said the picture was scanned from the original negative , he also said it was from what he considered the best Dorian ever looked . If you think he's lying that's your opinion . he's never taken any side in the ' debate ' he's been objective and honest I don't doubt him .

Now back to the subject of quads 95 precontest vs Ronnie 99 Olympia I highly doubt Ronnie's quads are bigger I may be wrong but I doubt it , 2003 maybe but even then one can't determine that from photos alone

So polls now dictate who has a better pose? this means what in a contest? and I disagree Dorian's triceps look better is more than one pose. and you keep missing the point maybe on purpose but go back and read where I said Ronnie's forearms are GOOD and HUGE however they are NOT in proportion with his biceps/triceps and they insert high and are shaped like a bowling pin . And I'm sure Ronnie's arms are bigger than Dorians at his best and this means what exactly? he has a better pose? NOPE not how it works everything is judged as well as muscle balance & proportion within muscle groups as well !

And his delts dwarf his arms in the back double bicep? Ronnie's arms dwarf his delts recall he has a short torso and long massive arms in relation and you type ' classic balance ' pure ignorance on your behalf nothing classic about unproportionate forearms and overdeveloped arms , classic proportion see Bob Paris , Danny Padilla , Lee Labrada spare me the Ronnie Coleman has a ' classic balance ' not in his arms and delts , not in his short torso , and glutes that can be seen from the front or weak calves dwarfed by his over-sized quads , please go read up on the subject of classic physique proportions such as the Greek Ideal where the calves , neck and arms ALL measure the exact same size , NOT happening with Ronnie

Again you make a claim and offer up absolutely NO proof or explanation what so ever and we're supposed to just take you for your word on it? surely you jest? you're claiming his is superior because they have more lines? are you kidding me? Dorian has striated glutes it's not like he's Flex Wheeler and it's 1998 and that's what separated a contest and if you want to get technical Dorian's glutes are in proportion with the rest of his physique , Ronnies can be seen from the front !! classic balance huh? and hamstrings ? I dare you to explain how Ronnie's are better go look up leg biceps and tell me what muscle Ronnie has developed that Dorian does not , Dorian's hams are awesome ( see attached pics ) and proportion yes in profile Ronnie's quads dominate his hams when his quads were over sized not so much when he's lighter once again so much for classic balance

And your analogy about 2003 is weak and why? was he competing against Dorian Yates? NO he scored perfect scores against Jay & Dex , and to use your logic against you biceps/triceps and quads ALL mean nothing because Dorian scored a perfect score in 1997 against Ronnie I might add  ;) what do I know really know about judging? A LOT more than you since I'm explaining how contests are judged to you NOT vice-versa   ;)

Ah forget about the rest of the quad muscles? ever hear of the sartorius muscle? forget that Dorian's is much more developed and prominent ? you're cherry picking again NOT how it works  ;) I can't express this to you enough , and once again you're assuming they're smaller at 282 pounds I doubt they are but perhaps they are but this means what? Ronnie has bigger better quads? AND???? this means what in terms of balance & proportion ? he has oustanding quads that only serve to highlight his pathetic calves NO ADVANTAGE sorry not in the judges eyes .

You must think like a judge NOT like a fan you must know what the judges look for when you think .

Size isn't enough if that were the case Greg Kovacs would be a multiple Mr Olympia and so would Art Atwood NEED more than that ironically neither of them had great conditioning and it's all relative to who you're competing with , Ronnie never faced anyone who could match him size for size with good enough conditioning until Jay Cutler and look what happened then. And Ronnie's conditioning in the later years was terrible COMPARED to Ronnie lighter absolutely ( and Dorian )

And Ronnie got a perfect score in 1999 so that means he was better? more weak logic Dorian got perfect scores in 93 and 97 so that means these showings were equal?  ::) it's all contingent on who you're competing against Ronnie 99 improved size wise while maintaining good conditioning NOT perfect like 98 but Flex was off from 98 so hence the perfect scores , Flex was a little better in 98 hence a closer call

So using your logic Dorian won almost all of his Olympia wins with a perfect score so he's more what the judges are looking for hence he would beat Ronnie?

Depends if I seen a whole series from the pre-contest of Yates at 282 pounds I would probably go with that , but I personally think he looks best at 269 pounds pre-contest 1993 his shape is better than his contest showings and he has no torn muscles and NO flaws even his biceps are huge . but we're back to believing the pic is fake , I doubt it highly Kevin said it was untouched and scanned from the original and these like the other shots were NEVER intended for publication just for Dorian's personal use , who knows why others haven't been posted PM Kevin and ask him . and Dorian quads did lose a lot of size the lighter he became ( see pics of his legs from Blood & guts MASSIVE quads ) much like his arms

Yates hams and quads

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #368 on: August 21, 2009, 05:51:11 PM »
Who's the worm standing beside Yates?   ;D

Oh that's the guy who said Dorian would just walk all over him if he competed against him again   ;D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #369 on: August 21, 2009, 05:56:03 PM »
 8)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #370 on: August 21, 2009, 05:57:24 PM »
8)

Great shot of Mike , nice balanced physique something Coleman didn't have

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #371 on: August 21, 2009, 05:59:51 PM »
Some of you are taking this way too seriously

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #372 on: August 21, 2009, 06:02:06 PM »
Some of you are taking this way too seriously

How so? what is this site for? redundant nonsense just like this  ;D

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #373 on: August 21, 2009, 06:05:14 PM »
the pic of dorian at 282 is not contraversial because its better than ronnie.

its contraversial because dorian never had quads/hips like that in his entire life, at any bodyweight, contest, precontest or offseason. and there are tons of pics of him at all these instances and he never had a quad flare like that.

it would be like someone posting a never before seen shot of Ronnie Coleman with Shawn Ray's abs..everyone would be reacting the same way..saying the same things that they are about the new dorian pic..
Flower Boy Ran Away

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #374 on: August 21, 2009, 06:05:23 PM »
How so? what is this site for? redundant nonsense just like this  ;D

but i mean come on, how much time do some of you spend on your page length posts explaining your points. I've seen about all the photos of dorian and ronnie and i'd still rather look like ronnie instead of dorian but i'm not going to write a whole book on why.