Author Topic: For those of you familiar w/the Qu'ran/Koran...  (Read 22888 times)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
Re: For those of you familiar w/the Qu'ran/Koran...
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2007, 11:54:47 AM »
Well, patronising me isn't going to get you very far. I'd be keen to debate you on the issues of islam if you'd like.
No, thanks  ;D

My debate and interpretation isn't spiritual like yours.
This is where you fail. You want everything on your own terms..assumptions,preconceptions that you wont throw away at any cost. And I'm supposed to be able to change that, no way jose  :-\

I'm a critic of islam. Criticise it is what I do. I don't stand on any spiritual high ground like you do.
You stand on a "literal" highground rather, if I was on such a spiritual highground as u claim then I would have never argued with u like I have in the past. Maybe Im just wiser to not waste time?
follow the arrows

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2007, 12:06:32 PM »
No, thanks  ;D
This is where you fail. You want everything on your own terms..assumptions,preconceptions that you wont throw away at any cost. And I'm supposed to be able to change that, no way jose  :-\
You stand on a "literal" highground rather, if I was on such a spiritual highground as u claim then I would have never argued with u like I have in the past. Maybe Im just wiser to not waste time?

Huh? That's where I fail? Sorry son, but I have the best vantage point of anyone. That's not even up for arguement.

Arguing without spirituality via logic is where I fail? Hahaha...

By spiritual highground I meant in regards to not seeing throw islams veil on you.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2007, 12:09:20 PM »
there u go again, have a nice day man I'll wait until STella gets back in here/
follow the arrows

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2007, 12:14:12 PM »
there u go again, have a nice day man I'll wait until STella gets back in here/

Almost time for bed here.

Have a nice day, and a nice "party" on sat :-*
الاسلام هو شيطانية

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2007, 12:16:40 PM »
Mohammad's wife was 9 when he married her.

her age according to who? nord? pluleeze... ::)

didcha look this up on the web?  :-\ or ya just believe anything nord posts from christian fundie sites which are as bad a taliban sites...

if ya insist on hating the muslims..no matter what...then u r no better than the taliban..and any such thread is moot..it jjust becomes a venting priss party for the likes of nord..who aren't mentally stable and seriously need watching..

nords about a 12 pack away from blombing a mosque...

quoting nord " i wish someone would wipe off all the muslims of the face of this planet"
he wants to kill 1.4 billion people....and ya believe what this guy posts?

what does that say about you?
carpe` vaginum!

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2007, 12:29:04 PM »

didcha look this up on the web?  :-\ or ya just believe anything nord posts from christian fundie sites which are as bad a taliban sites...

if ya insist on hating the muslims..no matter what...then u r no better than the taliban..and any such thread is moot..it jjust becomes a venting priss party for the likes of nord..who aren't mentally stable and seriously need watching..

quoting nord " i wish someone would wipe off all the muslims of the face of this planet"

What the FUCK are you talking about?

Get YOUR facts straight: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aisha

Why doesn't that quote have a source? ::)
الاسلام هو شيطانية

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2007, 12:45:47 PM »

Get YOUR facts straight: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aisha

LMAO wikipedia is your source..

i rest my case..

did you go edit it? should i edit it back to fit what i'm saying?

either you r extremly fucking stupid or you think we r...go away nordic bitch..
carpe` vaginum!

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2007, 02:02:29 PM »

Nope. I don't say this because of nordic or anyone else.

I am an amateur scholar of Arab and Islamic history, in my spare time :)

Mohammad was a pedo. NEXT.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2007, 02:06:40 PM »

and i believe you cause u said so....pfft... ::)

carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
carpe` vaginum!

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2007, 02:09:40 PM »

and i believe you cause u said so....pfft... ::)

It breaks my heart and injures my soul that you don't believe me... I don't know how I'm gonna be able to sleep at night.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2007, 12:34:17 AM »
i dont see your point..

you r just once again making a priss poor attempt and vying on the fact that no one witll bother reading all that and just go along with you...

go away nordic bitch... :)

n oh..show us a reference saying she ws 9...i'm not gonna bother reading all that...

just 1 link..and a copy n paste quote will suffice..

You're stupid, delusional and have an inferiority complex.

What exactly did dadday do to you when you was younger? ???
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2007, 03:10:38 AM »
What "book" - if that is what they are called - of the Qu'ran would you suggest someone read that encompasses it's jist?

For instance, if someone agreed to read only one book of the bible, I would perhaps suggest they read the book of John.

Hedgehog, haidar, Toxy, Nordic etc. what "book" would you suggest?  Thanks!

As Nordic is implying, the Quran is pretty short. So reading the whole book isn't that big of a deal.

Nordic sums it up pretty well too IMO.

Make sure to get a renowned translation, that's mainly what should be of concern.

I found the Qu'ran to be an interesting read, very good to know what Muslims base their faith in.

Reading the Quran, then taking into consideration that it is the direct words of God, that are not to be interpretated, it certainly explains a lot.

Certainly doesn't excuses anything, but it explains it.

Sorry for drifting out a bit.
As empty as paradise

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2007, 03:52:41 AM »
I don't know whether this applies to people on the forum, but to me, other than quick research and referencing I always prefer a hard copy of a book in my hand. I don't like reading on the computer.

However, USC has a great copy of the koran online with the "big 3" English translations of the koran:

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/

If you only want to read a single sura then this is very useful. 3 translations to help work on your interpretation.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2007, 04:54:39 AM »
What about the fucktards who make women wear veils and deprive them of their education?

What about the supreme fucktard Mohammad, the shameless pedophile?

;D Pretty good thread guys.
E

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2007, 06:53:52 AM »
You're stupid, delusional and have an inferiority complex.

What exactly did dadday do to you when you was younger? ???

lol...who shows up in whose threads and who follows whome around here?

its like i have my own personal bitch... :-\
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2007, 06:56:58 AM »

Reading the Quran, then taking into consideration that it is the direct words of God, that are not to be interpretated,

except in arabic a pronounciation change of the same word means different things...

i dont know arabic...my uncle does..and he fucks with me using the same word but meaning different things and then chuckling to himself..

sooo i gather the bible isn't the word of god..and comes from other humans..and christians buy the word of another man as the word of god?

if i had to pick between to idiocies..i'd go with choice 1.. :-\
carpe` vaginum!

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2007, 06:59:44 AM »
except in arabic a pronounciation change of the same word means different things...

i dont know arabic...my uncle does..and he fucks with me using the same word but meaning different things and then chuckling to himself..

Seriously, WTF?

Believe it or not, there are some excellent linguists out there who are able to translate the koran, and have done so. Weak, weak argument.

sooo i gather the bible isn't the word of god..and comes from other humans..and christians buy the word of another man as the word of god?

if i had to pick between to idiocies..i'd go with choice 1.. :-\

Why would you pick islam? Other than your family, why?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2007, 07:22:57 AM »

Why would you pick islam? Other than your family, why?

for one the book calls the moon a satellite..back when people thought the earth ws round

it advocates eating high carbs and proteins in the morning and day and low glycemic foods at nite..

it mentions the occurence of black holes  (a star that is black..or something to that effect)...

makes scientific sence to me..and plus out of 1.4 billion muslims  on this planet 99.9% interprit <sp?> the koran as being a peacefull book..

as for the rest...well WE TRAINED AND ARMED EM BACK IN THE DAY...and brainwashed em into becoming gods warriors..sure helped us out with russia didn't it?  now its spread..and everyone wants to blame the box..not pandora.. :-\

...just google..science in koran..i'm still suffering from the flu soo i wont bother..
carpe` vaginum!

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2007, 08:55:42 AM »
Blackholes? A black star or "black sun" doesn't have anything to do with blackholes.

Where's it call the moon a "satalite?"

What about: http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=173902.0

VERY SCIENTIFIC!

PS, where's your evidence of Aisha being 16? I've provided my evidence (from islamic sources, from 3 renowned muslims) in regards to my statement of her age being 9 on consumation.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2007, 09:03:53 AM »
Blackholes? A black star or "black sun" doesn't have anything to do with blackholes.

Where's it call the moon a "satalite?"

What about: http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=173902.0

VERY SCIENTIFIC!

PS, where's your evidence of Aisha being 16? I've provided my evidence (from islamic sources, from 3 renowned muslims) in regards to my statement of her age being 9 on consumation.

hey you said she ws 9..prove it

or prove to me that he actually fucked her ater he married her at 9...

cause a LOT of muslim men at the time married young slaves to free em...

either way...mate..you're argueging with a guy that believes that islam..christianity and the jewish faith are all bullshit...

the egyptian pyramids point EXACTLY to true N S E and W...a task that to this day costs millions if done as precisely as the pyramids..

get it?

HOW???  and WHY BOTHER???

or why does and apple kept inside the great pyramid degrade much much slower than one outside..

or why cant one even slide a blade in between the great stones of the pyramids?  cause aren;'t they hand made??
carpe` vaginum!

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2007, 10:08:05 AM »
a single sura is what Stella was referring to
OK, I didn't know what it was called...a "sura" thanks Nordic!

As Nordic is implying, the Quran is pretty short. So reading the whole book isn't that big of a deal.

Nordic sums it up pretty well too IMO.

Make sure to get a renowned translation, that's mainly what should be of concern.

I found the Qu'ran to be an interesting read, very good to know what Muslims base their faith in.

Reading the Quran, then taking into consideration that it is the direct words of God, that are not to be interpretated, it certainly explains a lot.

Certainly doesn't excuses anything, but it explains it.

Sorry for drifting out a bit.

Thanks Zach.

How do I know if my translation is "renowned?"  Will it just state that?  I just looked again for our copy and can't find it so I will go get another.  I don't know if the other one was renowned or not.

The reason I just wanted one surah suggested is because I've tried to read the Qu'ran before and just did not continue.  I think I was only in the introduction also!  If I remember correctly it was saying that Mohammed was in a cave and some spirit told him to write stuff down and Mohammed later told his wife he didn't know what he should do and she told him to do what the spirit said.  I've briefly scanned some of the actual text in the Qu'ran but it didn't hold my interest.  Maybe I wasn't giving it a fair enough chance.

That's why I would like just one surah that encompasses the jist of Islam.  Maybe that would interest me enough to read the rest of the thing. 

Or are there like 10 surahs that you (or haidar or Nordic or Toxy etc) would suggest that would give someone an overview of Islam? 

The reason I would like to read directly from the Qu'ran is to not have anyone's already formed opinion flavor what I read.

Thanks everyone for your input :)

R

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2007, 12:01:30 PM »

It has depths of meaning, certainly there's the literal one but you are hugely mistaken in saying that there's only as much as u see on the surface. I advise you to stay shut on this topic, thanks  ;)
follow the arrows

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2007, 02:46:16 PM »
Nope. I don't say this because of nordic or anyone else.

Mohammad was a pedo. NEXT.
I wish I could just squeeeezzzze all the fat out of yer head.
follow the arrows