Author Topic: Baltimor Cops goes completlty nuts on a 14 year old  (Read 12514 times)

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
  • Yum, yum, give me some!
Re: Baltimor Cops goes completlty nuts on a 14 year old
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2008, 01:09:16 PM »

First of all my ignorant friend there are many escalations of force and the first step in the force triangle is verbal judo aka verbal manipulation and as mattc very nicely pointed out the kid needed to just shut up and comply.  Number two the kid never told the cop to fuck off he just kept disrespecting the cop by saying dude and I honestly bet that the kid was already so nervous that the dude thing was just an accident.  Honestly what the cop did and how he reacted was inappropriate but to look at it from the cops point of view he didnt know if the kid had a weapon (not to include his skateboard)or not and he was outnumbered so in that manner his best bet is to come in stern and hard with verbal manipulation but after that there was obviously no apparent threat from any of the kids he shouldve known to de-escalate the situation just as fast as he escalated it.  But as a society we have to entrust cops to make this judgement call, and knowone is perfect so there will always be cops getting in trouble for stuff like this where they just exhibited poor judgement. 

You are an idiot. I said that the kid told him to fuck off metaphorically. The cop told him to shut up and sit down, and he kept talking and standing up. That is metaphorically telling the cop to fuck off, my friend with poor interpretation skills of the English language.

Secondly, there was no escalation of force except that he first asked politely for the kid to stop skating and then he yelled at him to shut up and sit down. That's not escalating force by any means. If it were a man and not a boy ignoring the cop like that, you can bet your ass he would have beat the guy with the stick, put him in hand-cuffs and taken him to jail. You try ignoring the orders of a cop like that and you'll see what "escalating force" really means. He only spared him because he was a boy and not a man.

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2008, 02:22:46 PM »
Cops like this idiot are the reason things like this happen  :'(
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="
&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2008, 03:25:26 PM »
"Oh, don't call me dude"

::)

With key recruitments like that, the crime rate of Baltimore is bound to drop dramatically.

I can totally see this man head... amazing crime investigations in the future.
As empty as paradise

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2008, 03:26:19 PM »
Don't they have ANYTHING better to do, seriously?
I guess they just don't.

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2008, 03:39:03 PM »
"I have no dad" no shit ::)

bizzy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2008, 03:56:38 PM »
In my past I've worked with 7th - 12th grade kids and there
is a certain way to enforce discipline that works.
I think what this cop did was more criminal than the kids riding
their skateboards. The cop just seemed like some bully picking
on a 14 year old kid. I wonder how tough this guy would be against
your normal 6 foot tall man. I think the cop was way out of line and abusing his power.
I think the kid was kinda in shock because he knew that what was happening
wasn't right. I hope the cop gets what he deserves.

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2008, 05:01:40 PM »
In my past I've worked with 7th - 12th grade kids and there
is a certain way to enforce discipline that works.
I think what this cop did was more criminal than the kids riding
their skateboards.

You don't call a cop "dude" and continue to skateboard in a public area where skateboarding is forbidden after the cop tells you to quit. That is called breaking the law and having contempt for a police officer. Those are two fellonies the kid committed right there. What the cop did was not excessive by any means. If it were a man skateboarding and the guy continued after the cop told him to quit, the cop would forcefully restrain the guy and take him arrested. The cop went easy on the boy exactly because he's a boy and not a grown man   

The cop just seemed like some bully picking
on a 14 year old kid.

No, he was a police officer enforcing the law. Everyone has to obey the law, including kids. What was he supposed to do, dude? Continue to tell the kid to stop skateboarding after the kid demeaned him by ignoring him? I don't know if you are aware of this, but the cop in that situation had the authority to forcefully restrain him and take him arrested. But instead, he only yelled at the boy and told him to sit down. When you are breaking the law, like that kid was, a police officer has authority to forcefully restrain and arrest you, and yet he didn't do that to the boy.

I wonder how tough this guy would be against
your normal 6 foot tall man.

First of all, the average height for males is 5'10. 6' is the height for males in countries like Sweden and Holland. Secondly, I would say that he would be pretty tough against any 6' guys, considering that he's carrying a gun, has the authority to use it, and can call reinforcements if needed.

I think the cop was way out of line and abusing his power.
I think the kid was kinda in shock because he knew that what was happening
wasn't right. I hope the cop gets what he deserves.

Trust me buddy: if that 14 year old were 24, the cop would have beat the shit out of the guy after he ignored his order, and the cop would be in his right because the guy showed contempt for a police officer.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2008, 05:03:25 PM »
  You don't call a cop "dude" and continue to skateboard in a public area where skateboarding is forbidden after the cop tells you to quit. That is called breaking the law and having contempt for a police officer. Those are two fellonies the kid committed right there. What the cop did was not excessive by any means. If it were a man skateboarding and the guy continued after the cop told him to quit, the cop would forcefully restrain the guy and take him arrested. The cop went easy on the boy exactly because he's a boy and not a grown man   

No, he was a police officer enforcing the law. Everyone has to obey the law, including kids. What was he supposed to do, dude? Continue to tell the kid to stop skateboarding after the kid demeaned him by ignoring him? I don't know if you are aware of this, but the cop in that situation had the authority to forcefully restrain him and take him arrested. But instead, he only yelled at the boy and told him to sit down. When you are breaking the law, like that kid was, a police officer has authority to forcefully restrain and arrest you, and yet he didn't do that to the boy.

First of all, the average height for males is 5'10. 6' is the height for males in countries like Sweden and Holland. Secondly, I would say that he would be pretty tough against any 6' guys, considering that he's carrying a gun, has the authority to use it, and can call reinforcements if needed.

Trust me buddy: if that 14 year old were 24, the cop would have beat the shit out of the guy after he ignored his order, and the cop would be in his right because the guy showed contempt for a police officer.
::)

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2008, 05:04:14 PM »
If this freak saw some kids having a snow ball fight hed probably empty his clip into a crowd and call for swat team backup.  ;D

What do you think this guys blood pressure is ?  Hes like a fatter angrier Barney Fife

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2008, 05:09:49 PM »
Respect goes to the cop!!!
I am a mini beast

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2008, 05:14:24 PM »

Did you get bullied as a kid?
As empty as paradise

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2008, 05:16:09 PM »
Did you get bullied as a kid?

What makes you think that?

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2008, 05:17:14 PM »
This just in... pigs suck.
a

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2008, 05:19:38 PM »
  What makes you think that?

That you considers a police officer to be in his right "getting back" at skateboarding kids calling him "dude".

Dunno, just get that feeling.

Am I right?
As empty as paradise

warrior_code

• Getbig III
« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2008, 05:52:42 PM »

What constitutes "Beating the shit out of the guy"? 

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2008, 06:25:40 PM »

That you considers a police officer to be in his right "getting back" at skateboarding kids calling him "dude".

Dunno, just get that feeling.

Am I right?

He was not only getting back at the kid for calling him dude, which is disrespectful language towards a police officer and a fellony in itself(contempt for a law enforcement agent), but also for disrespecting the order the officer gave him to stop skating in a public place. Disobeying an order from a cop is contempt, and he can arrest the guy who disobeyed it. In fact, the cop could have arrested him without even warning him to stop, since he was breaking the law. Why can't you people understand that the officer went easy on the kid? Again, he could have arrested the kid for skating there, and he could have arrested and beated the kid after he gave him the order to stop skating and he continued. You may not like this, and I'm not giving you my opinion, but what is stated in law.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2008, 07:22:39 PM »
  He was not only getting back at the kid for calling him dude, which is disrespectful language towards a police officer and a fellony in itself(contempt for a law enforcement agent), but also for disrespecting the order the officer gave him to stop skating in a public place. Disobeying an order from a cop is contempt, and he can arrest the guy who disobeyed it. In fact, the cop could have arrested him without even warning him to stop, since he was breaking the law. Why can't you people understand that the officer went easy on the kid? Again, he could have arrested the kid for skating there, and he could have arrested and beated the kid after he gave him the order to stop skating and he continued. You may not like this, and I'm not giving you my opinion, but what is stated in law.
You sir, are a MORON.

I've underlined the INACCURATE portions of your post. Otherwise, excellent work. The DA's office needs more people like you!
BigNationRadio.com

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2008, 07:24:18 PM »
I would have taken my glock outta my holster and shown that little hippy who's boss.  ::) ;D

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2008, 08:29:26 PM »
calling a cop dude...that is NOT ILLEGAL...and it sure as hell does NOT give them a right to physically abuse you. That is BS. That is a FELONY, and the Cop should be FIRED, and then put into PRISON.
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2008, 08:30:26 PM »
 You are an idiot. I said that the kid told him to fuck off metaphorically. The cop told him to shut up and sit down, and he kept talking and standing up. That is metaphorically telling the cop to fuck off, my friend with poor interpretation skills of the English language.

Secondly, there was no escalation of force except that he first asked politely for the kid to stop skating and then he yelled at him to shut up and sit down. That's not escalating force by any means. If it were a man and not a boy ignoring the cop like that, you can bet your ass he would have beat the guy with the stick, put him in hand-cuffs and taken him to jail. You try ignoring the orders of a cop like that and you'll see what "escalating force" really means. He only spared him because he was a boy and not a man.

hey man first off you are wrong know matter what for one thing you cant tell an officer of the law to fuckoff metaphorically speaking or not and second off is contempt towards a police officer as well as skating where he wasnt supposed to be both of which the cop could have arrested and brought in for...and i have a question for you oh so self proacclaimed wise one who knows about escalation of force what is the three things of the Use of Force Model is well I will tell you they are
1.  Subject Action Categories
2.  Risk Perception Categories
3.  Officer Response Categories
I know this because i am a cop (in the military MP) who deals with the huge burden of having every decision i make inspected to the fullest degree every day to ensure i havent abused my authority so when you can talk of a point of experience then i will further my arguement with you until then you really are just talking out of your ass

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2008, 08:33:24 PM »

hey man first off you are wrong know matter what for one thing you cant tell an officer of the law to fuckoff metaphorically speaking or not and second off is contempt towards a police officer as well as skating where he wasnt supposed to be both of which the cop could have arrested and brought in for...and i have a question for you oh so self proacclaimed wise one who knows about escalation of force what is the three things of the Use of Force Model is well I will tell you they are
1.  Subject Action Categories
2.  Risk Perception Categories
3.  Officer Response Categories
I know this because i am a cop (in the military MP) who deals with the huge burden of having every decision i make inspected to the fullest degree every day to ensure i havent abused my authority so when you can talk of a point of experience then i will further my arguement with you until then you really are just talking out of your ass
ngm laying down a massive pwnage.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2008, 09:22:12 PM »
You sir, are a MORON.

You are confusing me for someone who ares about your opinion. Hope this helps.

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2008, 09:23:37 PM »
ngm laying down a massive pwnage.

Oooooooooooooooooh....I'm so pwn4d. I guess a guy in the military police qualifies as a jurist, huh?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2008, 09:25:02 PM »
  Oooooooooooooooooh....I'm so pwn4d. I guess a guy in the military police qualifies as a jurist, huh?
One day he may be on your jury......."Lungcancerman"
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #99 on: February 22, 2008, 09:29:16 PM »
One day he may be on your jury......."Lungcancerman"

Ha ha ha ha ha...I said "jurist". As in "scholar in jurisprudence". The fact that he's a cop is irrelevant, since cops don't make the law and know little of it. An advocate, judge or jurist can appeal to his authority to win an argument on such matters, but not a police officer.