Author Topic: Nightmare scenario for the IFBB  (Read 26668 times)

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
Re: Nightmare scenario for the IFBB
« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2008, 10:28:08 AM »
wtf? Gregg Rando is the legally blind pro that won the overall at the Team U at around 190 ripped lbs at around 5'9". I doubt you need to be juiced to do that, just diet and train your ass off with great genetics.

Wait a min, I forgot the get big rule of any guy with any muscle is juiced to the gills. ::)
Howie come on man! the team u guys are juiced the gills as any other competitors in other shows. Some of the best conditioned most ripped bb'ers ive seen have been the ams in the team u. You dont get that way from just diet and train your ass off.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2008, 10:28:29 AM »
If the reason why the IOC did not put BB into the Olympics was because of the judging then why did Weider push so hard to implement the Steroid rules and related bullshit instead of not work on something to do with the judging and the way it was done so he could satisfy the IOC's concerns directly.  I think you may have this all wrong Chic.  Your reason does not make sense.

Simple matter of trying to "sell the product" and make it as attractive as possible to the IOC...drug testing was certainly one way to do that and show they were on the same page as the OC...lets face it..there is NOTHING they could have done to change to judging...it's STILL going to be solely based on opinion.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #102 on: April 02, 2008, 10:44:39 AM »
Howie come on man! the team u guys are juiced the gills as any other competitors in other shows. Some of the best conditioned most ripped bb'ers ive seen have been the ams in the team u. You dont get that way from just diet and train your ass off.
This may the worst "side effect" from drug use in bdoybuilding.
It gets a lot of guys thinking that NOBODY could ever look decent unless they use a medicine cabinet full of drugs.
I competed without a drug in my body from 87-95 and did just fine in regional NON tested NPC shows, even won a few . Considering the fact that I anothing special in the world of bodybuilding, I think this proves you can build a decent physique without a boatload of juice.
Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #103 on: April 02, 2008, 03:11:35 PM »
the IFBB's attempt at amatuer drug testing testing is a joke at best,
the IOC was smart enough to see that the IFBB was/is incapable of being legitimatly drug free.

hence Ben's dream has not been realized, Bob.

the IFBB drug testing is a joke, and although you are trying to paint it otherwise, that is why the IFBB is not a recongized sport.

*IF* BB was accepted into the Olympics, they would have been subject to the same IOC testing that anyone else in the Olympics is....makes your comment irrelevant.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2008, 03:28:18 PM »
Bob has been running around defending this and patching that and still the dam has burst. No one can save the IFBB.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: April 02, 2008, 03:30:34 PM »
the IFBB's attempt at amatuer drug testing testing is a joke at best,
the IOC was smart enough to see that the IFBB was/is incapable of being legitimatly drug free.

hence Ben's dream has not been realized, Bob.

the IFBB drug testing is a joke, and although you are trying to paint it otherwise, that is why the IFBB is not a recongized sport.

You don't know what you're talking about....again, if BB was accepted, they would have been under IOC testing, just like every other Olympic sport...whether or not the IFBB's testing was up to par, was irrelevant to the IOC testing.

Judging and interest level was soley responsibl..nothing else.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: April 02, 2008, 03:31:45 PM »
Bob has been running around defending this and patching that and still the dam has burst. No one can save the IFBB.

LOL.....It doesn't need to be "saved" Basile...it's doing just fine.

Where is this bursting Dam you speak of??

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #107 on: April 02, 2008, 03:35:07 PM »
Vince, the Arnold had a record crowd this yr I believe.
I am afraid our views on extreme drug use and related issues on physiques are in a very small minority.
Having said that, you may feel that ticket buyers like me contribute to the "problem".
Why knows? In the end I am a fan and simply want to go to a top notch event.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: April 02, 2008, 03:39:56 PM »
Vince, the Arnold had a record crowd this yr I believe.
I am afraid our views on extreme drug use and related issues on physiques are in a very small minority.
Having said that, you may feel that ticket buyers like me contribute to the "problem".
Why knows? In the end I am a fan and simply want to go to a top notch event.

He knows not of what he speaks, Howie...

Not just the Arnold, but the Olympia, and the webcasts are triple what they were 2 years ago....money is up, sponsorships are up and athlete contracts are up...

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #109 on: April 02, 2008, 03:45:47 PM »
And Joe and Ben got lifetime achievement awards. So what? The sport still sucks thanks to guys like you.

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #110 on: April 02, 2008, 03:53:12 PM »
And the Prize Money is Fuked 10k for 1st at a grand prix is laughable.Now that the IFBB will never be an Olympic sport which anybody with half a brain knew right from the start.Why not DELETE that benign Drug Rule.IFBB Drug Rule = No Fukin Rule. ;D

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #111 on: April 02, 2008, 03:55:05 PM »
And Joe and Ben got lifetime achievement awards. So what? The sport still sucks thanks to guys like you.
Vince c'mon, the actual contests are pretty decent productions now, seriously.
Being that negative is not your style my friend.
Every era has its pros and cons in any sport.
I don't care for the extreme freak look, but am thrilled with the better sound and light at big contests now.
The OVERALL gym, contest and involvement for serious fans is a lot better NOW than 20 or more years ago.
Ok, we don't see eye to eye with Bob on one rather controversial issue.
But, all three of us have a real passion for bodybuilding.
Let us embarce that, join hands and sing another round of " Pass the protein bars"
I honestly think some of us would love to hear some actual stories from you about your days of training and winning shows like Mr Canada. How about it? You have a lot to share I bet?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #112 on: April 02, 2008, 04:01:32 PM »
They used to broadcast the Olympia. With the drugs no major sponsor will touch it. Bob boasts of two contests being successful but that is nothing compared to what is possible with the sport were it truly drug free.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: April 02, 2008, 04:06:16 PM »
They used to broadcast the Olympia. With the drugs no major sponsor will touch it. Bob boasts of two contests being successful but that is nothing compared to what is possible with the sport were it truly drug free.

Again, you show your ignorance, Basile...it had nothing to do with the drugs...it had EVERYTHING to do with the NUMBERS watching it (or lack therof)...

If it were "truly drug free" it would be as dead as the Natural organizations and interests levels, and sponsorships (few if any) they boast of.....

Lay off the crack, old man..

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #114 on: April 02, 2008, 04:13:39 PM »
Bob if the Drug Rule is benign and the IFBB want to promote Drug use by NEVER testing Pros WHY THE FUK NOT make the IFBB Pro Drugs????Tell the world we are so very happy that all our Pros are Fukin loaded to the gills with that much shit we couldn't even measure it.Now that's growing some balls.Instead of having a Drug Rule for No reason. ::)

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #115 on: April 02, 2008, 04:16:11 PM »
LOL.....It doesn't need to be "saved" Basile...it's doing just fine.

If by the IFBB you mean the Arnold Classic and the Olympia.   For Toronto, Montreal, Colorado, the European Grand Prix cities, etc., not so fine.   Compare the NOC at the 5000 seat Beacon Theatre a few years back to the NY Pro at the 1200 seat Manhattan City College auditorium.   Or the Ironman at the 4000 seat Pasadena theater vs the 1200 seat side room with it's folding chairs at the LA convention center.  Or the 20% filled high school auditorium for the Keystone Classic.     "It's doing just fine" is a bit of a stretch.

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #116 on: April 02, 2008, 04:22:34 PM »
Don't mention the NY Pro as it only has 6 competitors signed at the moment.Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #117 on: April 02, 2008, 04:51:04 PM »
I hate to agree with Bob, but he's right...  no Olympics and no broadcasts for bodybuilding are solely the result of noboby caring to watch it.  Drugs had nothing at all to do with either case.
Ron: "I am lazy."

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #118 on: April 02, 2008, 05:04:05 PM »
If by the IFBB you mean the Arnold Classic and the Olympia.  

The Arnold and Olympia do well because they're not just bodybuilding shows.  Between the expos, parties, seminars, and lots of other events, they're full weekends that make a fun getaway for a lot of people.  If they were just the bodybuilding shows with the same competitors and that's it, their attendance would suck ass too.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #119 on: April 02, 2008, 06:31:28 PM »
Bodybuilders at the professional level have little or no respect and rightly so.

Moosejay

« Reply #120 on: April 02, 2008, 06:49:01 PM »
Vince:

By others, for themselves, or both?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #121 on: April 02, 2008, 06:59:43 PM »
From the public. The pros amaze me but I don't envy what they have to do.

Moosejay

« Reply #122 on: April 02, 2008, 07:15:29 PM »
The public cannot respect what they cannot comprehend

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #123 on: April 02, 2008, 07:34:16 PM »
The public clearly comprehends that steroids contribute big time to huge bodybuilders. Can you imagine what the medical and sports science professionals think about pro bodybuilders? QED.

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #124 on: April 02, 2008, 07:52:42 PM »
Vince you are forgettin how much Money$$$$$$$$$$$$ these guys make look at even your Oz show 10k for 1st place and wait for it 1k for 5th now that is some serious cash right there.Makes all the Drug use and abuse worth it.IQ of most Pros= single digit. ::)