Author Topic: Arnold Schwarzenegger - Real measurements and lifts  (Read 153646 times)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER'S REAL MEASUREMENTS AND LIFTS!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2008, 07:12:26 PM »
retarded post...

nothing personal, but if you think what you claimed is "real" then you are delusional.  hope this helps...

26 inch thighs, Most delusional comment ever. Get real and get a life. Arnold was a freak in his day and way ahead of his time

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2008, 07:12:38 PM »
Also, in Pumping Iron, Ed Corney does 12 reps with 315 and I'm sure Arnold is way stronger than Ed. Which means his squat should be around 500 easy.

Bizarre asumption. If Arnold's squatting was so much better, why did they  edit out the end of his set, leaving Corney's set as one of the most memorable of the movie.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2008, 07:16:14 PM »
all accurate,except arnold was never 6'1".i meet him twice and he is my height (5'10").

other than that spot on.

bench

::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2008, 07:17:12 PM »
for all of you nuthuggers who believe the Great Arnold walked on water here's the truth

Height-6'1"
Weight 235-240 pounds
Arms-right at 20 inches pumped
Chest-52 inches
Waist-34-35 inches
Legs-26 inches

Bench Press-405 pound single, 315 for a good set of 8-10
Squat-405 for a couple of reps

This here is one of the most retarded statements on this board to date.
h

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2008, 07:18:13 PM »
Bizarre asumption. If Arnold's squatting was so much better, why did they  edit out the end of his set, leaving Corney's set as one of the most memorable of the movie.

So you are saying they didn't show Arnold doing the whole set because he's possibly weaker? Don't think so. Ed Corney himself has said Arnold was stronger than him in all lifts and that's why I mentioned it.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2008, 07:22:10 PM »
So you are saying they didn't show Arnold doing the whole set because he's possibly weaker? Don't think so. Ed Corney himself has said Arnold was stronger than him in all lifts and that's why I mentioned it.

Ok so now you're explaining it. The thing is those numbers on Arnold's lifts have been published since the early 70s without any variance in the poundages, so the chances they're innaccurate are fairly low IMO. Arnold could easily be just a bit stronger than Corney and have the maxes mentioned.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2008, 07:27:07 PM »
Just a point of information...

The 700ish competition deadlift attributed to Arnold probably stems from the fact that Arnold got a lot of press coverage for winning a stone-hoisting contest in Munich soon after his first Universe win.

I believe he lifted the 680 lb stone higher than anyone else... but it was a sumo-style contrived lift on a platform (probably best equated to a power rack pull from the knees)... still impressive, but not a genuine deadlift.

If Arnold could have managed any of these lifts you noobs are attributing to him the Weider mags would have reported and photographed every one of these retroactive claims. If he really ever had a 20 inch arm he would have been photographed with a tape on his arm... hell, he didn't even deny Arthur Jones' measurement of 19.5 (slightly pumped).

Hate to admit it... but Squadfather is dead-on with this one.

I've shaken hands with a 300lb off-season Markus Ruhl and even he didn't have a 20 inch arm or 60 inch chest.

The Luke

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2008, 07:31:27 PM »
Just a point of information...

The 700ish competition deadlift attributed to Arnold probably stems from the fact that Arnold got a lot of press coverage for winning a stone-hoisting contest in Munich soon after his first Universe win.

I believe he lifted the 680 lb stone higher than anyone else... but it was a sumo-style contrived lift on a platform (probably best equated to a power rack pull from the knees)... still impressive, but not a genuine deadlift.

If Arnold could have managed any of these lifts you noobs are attributing to him the Weider mags would have reported and photographed every one of these retroactive claims. If he really ever had a 20 inch arm he would have been photographed with a tape on his arm... hell, he didn't even deny Arthur Jones' measurement of 19.5 (slightly pumped).

I've shaken hands with a 300lb off-season Markus Ruhl and even he didn't have a 20 inch arm or 60 inch chest.

The Luke
Markus doesn't have a 20 inch arm? WE HAVE A NEW LOW FOR IQ HERE

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2008, 07:33:03 PM »

The Luke

I have seen 300 plus pound guys walking around in gyms that where very big in the chest back and legs yet had semi good arms nothing to brag about.
   Arnold had some of the biggest arms in the business and his chest to boot.   Markus Ruhl is a big guy but his arms are not impressive, nor should he be compared to the great one. Hope this helps. ;)
h

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2008, 07:33:05 PM »

The Luke
Bullshit.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2008, 07:34:01 PM »
Markus doesn't have a 20 inch arm? WE HAVE A NEW LOW FOR IQ HERE

Haha exactly. Wisconsin BB has posted pics of him with a tape measure around his arm - they were 21" and the guy was 270. To say a 300 lb Markus Ruhl doesn't have 20" arms is quite possibly one of the dumbest things I've ever heard ::)

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2008, 07:36:18 PM »
If he really ever had a 20 inch arm he would have been photographed with a tape on his arm... hell, he didn't even deny Arthur Jones' measurement of 19.5 (slightly pumped).

I think of close to 22" pumped at a non-contest 250 bodyweight was believable, so the number's not entirely contrived.

As far as being photographed with a tape measure, very few have done that, no one had an obligation to do so.

The.Giant

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2008, 07:41:32 PM »

The Luke

I have seen 300 plus pound guys walking around in gyms that where very big in the chest back and legs yet had semi good arms nothing to brag about.
   Arnold had some of the biggest arms in the business and his chest to boot.   Markus Ruhl is a big guy but his arms are not impressive, nor should he be compared to the great one. Hope this helps. ;)

Are you high?

It's Hip to be Square!

Mark1

• Getbig III
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2008, 07:46:22 PM »
::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

You saw Arnie back in the day, what do you believe his stats were?

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2008, 07:50:24 PM »
Are you high?

No. I said Markus was a big guy and that his arms are not impressive. To me they are not, big yes but this does not make an arm impressive. Markus to me looks like a big blob, he has no pleasing lines with all that blocky mass. This was my point.
h

io856

« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2008, 07:55:42 PM »
26 inch legs my ass

nder98

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getlaid!
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2008, 07:58:30 PM »
it makes me laugh how people get so upset when you say he had a 405 pound bench press as if that's somehow a terrible number, i'll gaurantee you that 98 percent of this board can't do that, me included.

Good point

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2008, 08:00:21 PM »

Damn.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2008, 08:04:37 PM »
You saw Arnie back in the day, what do you believe his stats were?

To tell you the truth I never noticed.  He was great looking.  Size wize Lou was fucking enormous to me as was Bertil Fox.  I did not see in the 3 years or so I trained at Worlds Arnold that much.  Not as much as someone like Dennis Tinnerino, Kal, Roy Callendar, Dickerson, or even Franco.  I was just a kid minding my own business when I trained.  I do remember Arnold being very thick from the side to me.  He had unreal arms.  My arms at 247 were around 19.5 maybe 20 and his blew mine away .  And back then I maybe said 5 words to him.  I actually took a shower more times with him than speak actual words beside hey or see ya.  We had gang showers back then, so no gay shit.  But I thought Arnold was a powerlifter at one time

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2008, 08:10:38 PM »
Yep the Squad is right. 19 inches. ::)

h

AZbodybuilder

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2008, 08:44:32 PM »
Arnold's arm were definitely bigger than 20 inches ! I wish I could get a peak on them like he had. He had phenomenal biceps for the day !

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2008, 08:53:56 PM »
I think alot of you guys underestimate arm sizes.  My arms are 19ish and i can post a picture of them taped (i think i have already).  I have guys in my gym with 20 inch arms.  Its not THAT tough to get for a hardcore lifter who hits it hard day in and out for a decade.  Rule and Arnold are absolutely over 20.  Arnolds legs were rather small, so i believe 26.  Hammies are half the leg.  And 405 squat....dude i can hit that for 8 reps DEEP and i damn sure aint Arnold.....il guarantee he could hit 405 for reps.....and if he really focused on it, probably 5-600 for reps

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
  • Yum, yum, give me some!
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2008, 08:55:34 PM »
 Arnold's arms were 20.5 " in contest condition and 22" in the off-season.

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2008, 09:11:01 PM »

Those numbers don't seem too out of whack.  Arnold was genetics at their long positive tail.  Period.  Look at the smartest fucks in school.  They don't study.  The best speakers are born that way.  Think of it this way.  Everyone knows there are obese people who eat like birds, exercise like mad, and lose nothing.  They are at one end of the curve.  Arnold was at the other.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2008, 11:15:14 PM »
franco had a 50 inch chest are you fucking crazy? do you know what a 50 inch chest is ?

Obviously a lot bigger than yours. Mine's 46.5" and I'd bet my life savings that Franco's was more than a mere 3.5" larger than mine.