Author Topic: Arnold Schwarzenegger - Real measurements and lifts  (Read 153283 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER'S REAL MEASUREMENTS AND LIFTS!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2008, 11:16:15 PM »
Obviously a lot bigger than yours. Mine's 46.5" and I'd bet my life savings that Franco's was more than a mere 3.5" larger than mine.

You never know... Franco was a short guy. 5'5"

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2008, 11:33:49 PM »
Yeah, but he was a big 190 pounds for 5'5". He claimed that his arms were around 19".

mossel

• Getbig IV
  • I blame it on the D-bol!!!!
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2008, 11:39:37 PM »
how about those stragnations...

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2008, 11:51:25 PM »
how about those stragnations striations...

Fixed. 8)

mossel

• Getbig IV
  • I blame it on the D-bol!!!!
« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2008, 12:31:55 AM »
Fixed. 8)

no no... stragnations! (it refers to a classic post...)

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2008, 12:40:13 AM »
Don't forget measurements are a mix of off and on-season. Some of Arnold's measurements were taken by Guiness Book of records. His OFF SEASON EXPANDED Chest was 57 Inches (Normal lean would be 53/54" which looks accurate to me). Arthur Jones measured his arms as reported. He stated his thighs were 28" - Not far off I reckon at his heaviest weight.
Arnold was huge. It's today's guys who exaggerate more. I don't believe that a lot of today's guys out-weigh Arnold by 50 Pounds  ???

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2008, 01:03:00 AM »
Arnold's arms were only ONE inch bigger than Squads  ;)

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2008, 01:52:37 AM »
I see that overnight everyone jumped all over my post re Markus Ruhl...

I think what's missing here is a basic understanding of ratios.

A 22'' arm is not 10% bigger than a 20'' arm, it's 21% bigger.

It's a ratio of squares (relating to area remember). Do you guys really believe Arnold's arms were markedly bigger than Oliva's? Even a 300 lb Ronnie didn't have 22'' arms for fuck's sake.

I stand by the Markus Ruhl statement, he's only about 5'9'' and his arms were definitely less than 20''... his chest was definitely less than 60''. A genuine 60'' chest is 44% bigger than a 50'' chest and only ever seen on people closer to 400 lbs than 300 lbs. Markus is huge, but still only 300ish lbs... Arnold weighed 250 lbs tops.

The lack of an arm taping photograph is very telling... the only people who do this are the pros with the very biggest arms:
-Lee Priest 21.5''
-Eddie Robinson 20.75''ish
-Vince Taylor (at 240 lbs) 19.5''
...Tim Fogarty will attest to this.

Most pros, in contest shape would be in the 17''-19'' category. FLEX magazine is bullshit, NOT gospel.

The Luke

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2008, 01:59:26 AM »

I stand by the Markus Ruhl statement, he's only about 5'9'' and his arms were definitely less than 20''...
No way were Ruhl's arms ever below 20''.

Trev

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2008, 02:07:41 AM »

It's a ratio of squares (relating to area remember). Do you guys really believe Arnold's arms were markedly bigger than Oliva's? Even a 300 lb Ronnie didn't have 22'' arms for fuck's sake.

I stand by the Markus Ruhl statement, he's only about 5'9'' and his arms were definitely less than 20''... his chest was definitely less than 60''. A genuine 60'' chest is 44% bigger than a 50'' chest and only ever seen on people closer to 400 lbs than 300 lbs. Markus is huge, but still only 300ish lbs... Arnold weighed 250 lbs tops.

The lack of an arm taping photograph is very telling... the only people who do this are the pros with the very biggest arms:
-Lee Priest 21.5''

Most pros, in contest shape would be in the 17''-19'' category. FLEX magazine is bullshit, NOT gospel.

The Luke
Great post mate

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2008, 02:12:10 AM »
Bullshit!

Arthur Jones measured Arnolds arms at 19 5/8 cold. You can add in another 1.5 inches pumped which would bring his arms to over 21.

Franco had a 50 inch chest-and Armold makes Franco look like a 5th graders. More like 60 inches for Arnold's chest.

I also think the bench press is way too low.

:D
friend,,a pump will add you a max of half an inch ,,usually one quarter of an inch to your arm,,,1.5 inches from pump?? i been siting here teaching you lasty 2 years and you still come up with this bullshit? 1.4 inch pump from training?

you all confuse seo and spot injects with nolotil to regular pump,,,bodybuilding is ruined by generation nothingness ,,this is not good if you really believe any one get even close to 1.5 inch from a pump on arms,,

in addition guys 6'1 on aas with good respond will mesure 17.5 inch off the aas and 19.5 inch on aas,,the freaky ones like arnold will have another inch due to phennominal respond to aas

lastr but not list,,bodybuilder such as heath and many other in generation nothigness get to 22 inches by the use and abuse of igf hgh and insulin
fallen angel

Trev

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2008, 02:35:01 AM »
:D
friend,,a pump will add you a max of half an inch ,,usually one quarter of an inch to your arm,,,1.5 inches from pump?? i been siting here teaching you lasty 2 years and you still come up with this bullshit? 1.4 inch pump from training?

you all confuse seo and spot injects with nolotil to regular pump,,,bodybuilding is ruined by generation nothingness ,,this is not good if you really believe any one get even close to 1.5 inch from a pump on arms,,

in addition guys 6'1 on aas with good respond will mesure 17.5 inch off the aas and 19.5 inch on aas,,the freaky ones like arnold will have another inch due to phennominal respond to aas

lastr but not list,,bodybuilder such as heath and many other in generation nothigness get to 22 inches by the use and abuse of igf hgh and insulin
Have you got 14 inch arms?? a 17 inch cold arm will easily pump up to 18.5

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2008, 02:37:05 AM »
Have you got 14 inch arms?? a 17 inch cold arm will easily pump up to 18.5
youre a kid,,my arms are the size of your head to begin with with no pump and 17 inch arms will hold maybe one quarter of an inch after arm training,,
again yorue a kid
fallen angel

Trev

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: April 14, 2008, 03:28:57 AM »
youre a kid,,my arms are the size of your head to begin with with no pump and 17 inch arms will hold maybe one quarter of an inch after arm training,,
again yorue a kid
Wish I was. I'm 38 and have been in this game for over 20 years. I'll ask a real pro and get back to you.

Trev

• Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2008, 05:50:36 AM »

-Lee Priest 21.5''

The Luke

One thing Mate - Your muscle volume thing is way out according to my mate's calculations:  d (diameter) = circumference divided by Pi (3.1415927), r (radius) = d divided by 2,  & volume of a cylinder (muscle) = Pi x (r x r) x length, so the diff between say 20 & 21 ins is about 10%

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2008, 07:39:39 AM »
Wish I was. I'm 38 and have been in this game for over 20 years. I'll ask a real pro and get back to you.
hahahahhaa, "this game", oh brother.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #91 on: April 14, 2008, 07:52:42 AM »
Until I see otherwise, I'm inclined to believe Arnold benched in the neighborhood of 385 lbs. to 405 lbs. range - no more.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: April 14, 2008, 07:53:10 AM »
Until I see otherwise, I'm inclined to believe Arnold benched in the neighborhood of 385 lbs. to 405 lbs. range - no more.
exactly.

Moosejay

« Reply #93 on: April 14, 2008, 08:01:09 AM »
Hmmm...I don't know if GH15 means the pump goes away after awhile...and you keep some of the size...or that no way do you get any more than 1/4" during pump itself.

I have measured pump gains of 3/4" to one inch right after bicep/tricep workouts...but maybe I have been wrong......

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2008, 08:01:10 AM »
Ah, the folly of measurements and those discussing such.

I measured Arnold's height in Mit's Gym in Honolulu in Feb 1969. He was 6' 1 1/2" in the evening. That means he could have been 6' 2" in the morning.

I measured Arnold's upper arm in October 1968 in Golds Gym, Venice, at 21 1/2" after he worked out. He was 62" around the shoulders. He weighed about 250 pounds that day.

I read that Arnold did something around 520 pounds in the bench press and this is believable. With that huge chest he didn't have to bring the weight down that far! Some of you guys have no clue about lifting weights. Just because you can't lift 400 doesn't mean that others haven't.

Moosejay

« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2008, 08:04:05 AM »
Very true Vince. Just his development alone would speak of his strength.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2008, 08:04:59 AM »
I read that Arnold did something around 520 pounds in the bench press and this is believable.

That's great! You've read it; I've read it; we've all read. But have we SEEN it? No!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: April 14, 2008, 08:05:17 AM »
Ah, the folly of measurements and those discussing such.

I measured Arnold's height in Mit's Gym in Honolulu in Feb 1969. He was 6' 1 1/2" in the evening. That means he could have been 6' 2" in the morning.

I measured Arnold's upper arm in October 1968 in Golds Gym, Venice, at 21 1/2" after he worked out. He was 62" around the shoulders. He weighed about 250 pounds that day.

I read that Arnold did something around 520 pounds in the bench press and this is believable. With that huge chest he didn't have to bring the weight down that far! Some of you guys have no clue about lifting weights. Just because you can't lift 400 doesn't mean that others haven't.

bullshit until you post proof.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #98 on: April 14, 2008, 08:08:54 AM »
from looking at him.
HAHAHA

You are a moron and a fat disgrace...
!

Moosejay

« Reply #99 on: April 14, 2008, 08:10:48 AM »
That's great! You've read it; I've read it; we've all read. But have we SEEN it? No!

Pollux: you are the best historian here when it comes to A. What do you think of his actual poundages?