Author Topic: Arnold Schwarzenegger - Real measurements and lifts  (Read 153638 times)

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
Re: ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER'S REAL MEASUREMENTS AND LIFTS!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #175 on: April 15, 2008, 07:08:10 PM »
For what it's worth...

A friend of mine (credible guy, someone I would believe) met Dorian Yates at a seminar in Belfast just after the '93 Olympia. I don't have any verification of this story, but I'll tell it for what it's worth...

Yates was at his best ever, no tears... no injuries... and 295 lbs with a hint of abs.

They got to talking after the seminar... Yates mentioned that having overdieted in '92 he had been a little less drastic in '93 which resulted in him coming in some 15 lbs heavier. But that he had been contest ready nearly a month out from his second Mr O win and that next year ('94, not realising he'd be injured) he hoped to diet less and come in around 270 ripped.

My friend mentioned FLEX Wheeler's claim of a 23.5'' arm at 220 lbs in contest form... Yates laughed and replied that at 295 lbs off-season his arms only barely broke the 20'' mark (20.125'') when he finished a bicep workout. (Apparently Yates was very fastidious about measurements and records)

To add credence to that story, the Guinness Book of Records people measured Greg Valentino's synthol filled growths live on tv... the result: 24.5'' and 24'' does tha tally with Arnold having 23'' or 22'' arms?

If your arm actually measured more than 22'' you'd be able to touch your bicep peak with the index finger of that same arm.

The Luke   

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #176 on: April 15, 2008, 07:18:34 PM »
Arnold also cured cancer, walked on the moon, fought a grizzly bear and invented the MusclePhone.

aussiepro

• Getbig III
« Reply #177 on: April 15, 2008, 07:25:33 PM »
There is more bullshit in the sport of bbing than there is anywhere else in the world...
2 months ago in MD in the kai greene interview, he claimed 21" arms at 17 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH honestly i couldn't stop laughing for some time after that. Then he went on to say that his arms were at least 23" now.. What a fucken idiot..
Arnolds claims were most likely exagerated (but stil he is the best ever).
Today ever pro out there is claiming 22" guns and a 50" chest its complete bullshit
there's no magic pills... just needles

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #178 on: April 15, 2008, 07:46:10 PM »

To add credence to that story, the Guinness Book of Records people measured Greg Valentino's synthol filled growths live on tv... the result: 24.5'' and 24'' does tha tally with Arnold having 23'' or 22'' arms?

If your arm actually measured more than 22'' you'd be able to touch your bicep peak with the index finger of that same arm.

The Luke   

Hahaha, the guinness book used to have the 56', 21' measurements for Arnold in the late l980s (which was when I last looked at it).  They might have qualified it with a "claims to have" though.

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #179 on: April 15, 2008, 08:43:23 PM »
Check out the video at 0.57sec and take a gander at what's on the bar. No spotter to be seen.

h

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #180 on: April 15, 2008, 08:47:53 PM »
Check out the video at 0.57sec and take a gander at what's on the bar. No spotter to be seen.

looks like 3x45 and a 35 at first glance
Squishy face retard

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #181 on: April 15, 2008, 08:49:07 PM »

Yeah, post a video with each of those plates on a scale, and then we'll talk....

about how the scale might be fake ;D

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #182 on: April 15, 2008, 08:54:04 PM »
Yeah, post a video with each of those plates on a scale, and then we'll talk....

about how the scale might be fake ;D
Yeah we should do that to Dingleberry down in Vista, CA huh Calmus?
Squishy face retard

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #183 on: April 15, 2008, 09:38:31 PM »
i can't see how much is on the bar at 0.57 because some of the 45s and 35s they used regularly were very large.

what i do know is there is no way in hell arnold was ever repping 360 or over 400 for reps on a high incline like that.

hope this helps.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #184 on: April 15, 2008, 10:16:24 PM »
What's so damn impressive about a 50" chest for crying out loud! It's not that big at all. Many of you are acting like Arnold claimed the impossible. He was a HUGE man, with very large upper measurements and proportions. He was NOT 5'6". He was at least 6'1" and well into his 250's.

Personally, I believe the 22 1/4" PUMPED
and I believe he had a 57"-58" PUMPED

I'm quite sure at his strongest, he was able to press MINIMUM 420 pounds on the bench for REPS and a max of over 500 pounds.

He was the greatest of all time.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #185 on: April 15, 2008, 11:42:16 PM »
What's so damn impressive about a 50" chest for crying out loud! It's not that big at all. Many of you are acting like Arnold claimed the impossible. He was a HUGE man, with very large upper measurements and proportions. He was NOT 5'6". He was at least 6'1" and well into his 250's.

Personally, I believe the 22 1/4" PUMPED
and I believe he had a 57"-58" PUMPED

I'm quite sure at his strongest, he was able to press MINIMUM 420 pounds on the bench for REPS and a max of over 500 pounds.

He was the greatest of all time.

meltdown

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #186 on: April 16, 2008, 12:47:17 AM »
Time to set the record straight: 

-Arnold was 6ft. 1; even though he liked to believe he was 6ft.2.
-Arnold sat between 230-240.  When off the cycles he would drop to 200.

There is no clear evidence of Arnold's  true strength and lift numbers. However, Franco often joked that Arnold was weak!

Arnold's arms have been recorded at being 19.5 inches and 21 inch on a full pump.

OK, enough said. 

Look Getbiggers, Arnold is just a man!  Yes, he responded well to the drugs but worked his absolute butt off in the gym. 

Arnold is the most driven man on the planet.  But i repeat he is still just a human being!

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #187 on: April 16, 2008, 01:12:20 AM »
arnold was 19.5 inch arm that pumped into little over 20 inch arm past trainign,,his muscle shape was a diff story,,,he made his arms look like they were 23 inch and thats the name of the game

B O D Y B U I L D I N G
fallen angel

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #188 on: April 16, 2008, 01:17:58 AM »
I respect your opinion Gh.

Peace.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #189 on: April 16, 2008, 03:24:41 AM »
Arnold could deadlift 700+ and there are pics of this. And you think his squat max was 400 for a couple?

His arms were definitely bigger than 19-20.

Squad, you're taking this too far my friend :)

315 for 8-10? bull. Seriously. At 21 with a few years training I can do 315 for 4 maybe 5 reps. and you're telling me Arnold Scwharzengger at 240 lbs on steroids with 20+ inch arms could only outlift me by maybe 4-5 reps?

we are the same age similar strength too lol

also about this. my arms are 18.5 cold flexed. no way arnies were 20. at least 21.

MarvinEderFan

• Getbig III
  • m
« Reply #190 on: April 16, 2008, 03:40:22 AM »
also about this. my arms are 18.5 cold flexed. no way arnies were 20. at least 21.

See this is EXACTLY where I'm coming from.

My (left, I only use this for reference) arm measures 18 cold. And I don't have fat arms either. My bf isn't low - but it isn't high either.
And compared to a 300 lb OFF SEASON Dorian -- his were 20 WITH pump? WTF.

MarvinEderFan

• Getbig III
  • m
« Reply #191 on: April 16, 2008, 03:43:35 AM »
Ok, I know we have to factor in that Dorian's arms were not the best...but still. It's Dorian Yates for the love of God.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #192 on: April 16, 2008, 04:01:13 AM »

My (left, I only use this for reference) arm measures 18 cold. And I don't have fat arms either. My bf isn't low - but it isn't high either.

i am fairly lean maybe 10% and arnolds absolute dwarf mine. at a very siomilar height too.

MarvinEderFan

• Getbig III
  • m
« Reply #193 on: April 16, 2008, 04:44:31 AM »
i am fairly lean maybe 10% and arnolds absolute dwarf mine. at a very siomilar height too.

Have you dieted down to 10% or do you stay lean when bulking?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: April 16, 2008, 08:00:27 AM »

still calling bullshit tilleth i seeeth PROOFETH. :D

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: April 16, 2008, 08:14:27 AM »
no offense but it's funny how some of you deify the guy. He obviously was an incredible BB, actor and politician and one of the most successful people of all time but he didn't turn water into wine or invent penicillin.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: April 16, 2008, 08:21:38 AM »
squad, why would you start a thread about arnolds measurements, when you have a 50" gut?
you obese fuck
hahahahahhaa, you're back for more abuse i see, SIS BOOOM BAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHH ;D

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: April 16, 2008, 08:36:58 AM »
hahahahahhahaaaa, why do you make me do it jizz boy. ;D

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: April 16, 2008, 08:43:31 AM »
post that all day.
it still doesnt look as bad as this, fatty
how long did you have to suck your boyfriends peter for him to jixx on your chest twink? ;D

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #199 on: April 16, 2008, 08:49:53 AM »
it's obviously not abuse. one of us starts it, and continues it, laughing like no other...while the other (you) makes the same childish remarks, disappears for 40 minutes to go eat his daily burger king and twinkies, and then tries to not respond, so the thread doesnt keep getting bumped.

you're a fat slob, just admit it.
HAHAHA
 ;D
!