Author Topic: NBA PLAYOFFS  (Read 62827 times)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
Re: NBA PLAYOFFS
« Reply #575 on: June 12, 2008, 12:18:09 PM »
game 4 will be the best game of this series.

Lakers are coming back   :-*

CELTS WIN TONIGHT.. Then close it out at home.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #576 on: June 12, 2008, 12:46:58 PM »
KG held both Gasol and Odem to 18 points last night.... He has shown up defensivley, but your right, he needs to show up on the other side of the ball....
true, there playing him well
KG is a 4/5 that plays like a 2. how many time does he take the ball on the wing and square up and try to take the guy of the dribble only only to pull up for the mid-range, for which he doesnt have? i rarely see a post move from him. so frustrating, i mean he is 7 feet tall and plays like he's 6'6"
  and you can say KG is playing Odom and Gasol well due to their lack of points thus far but then you would have to say the same for Gasol/Odom for holding KG (future hof) to his futile offensive showing. If the big three would all just show up and produce to 70% of their capabilities it would be over for the lakes. they cant have one guy show up and the other two not. like the last game with Allen scoring 25 or whatever the Paul and KG totaling below 15 per say.

but yes KG is playing fierce defense.. i think.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #577 on: June 12, 2008, 12:53:18 PM »
Paul Pierce is at least 95% as good as Kobe when it comes to closing...witness Game 2 if you need any evidence. 

You are out of your mind. when it comes to closing no one is near the level of Kobe. whenever he has the ball at the end of the game, i know its over. and i dont even like the guy...

Paul didnt show up the last game, there wont be a game this series where Kobe will have a showing like that. he is too good.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #578 on: June 12, 2008, 01:24:39 PM »
You are out of your mind. when it comes to closing no one is near the level of Kobe. whenever he has the ball at the end of the game, i know its over. and i dont even like the guy...

Paul didnt show up the last game, there wont be a game this series where Kobe will have a showing like that. he is too good.

It's probably fair to say Pierce is about 2/3 the player Kobe is at closing, and that is no insult to Pierce, Kobe is that good.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #579 on: June 12, 2008, 02:03:54 PM »
It's probably fair to say Pierce is about 2/3 the player Kobe is at closing, and that is no insult to Pierce, Kobe is that good.

true, honestly i havent really watched Paul all that much through out his career.

I cant stand Kobe, ive never wanted to see a guy fail so much. but he is a domiant clutch winner, just too good.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #580 on: June 12, 2008, 02:09:10 PM »
true, honestly i havent really watched Paul all that much through out his career.

I cant stand Kobe, ive never wanted to see a guy fail so much. but he is a domiant clutch winner, just too good.

I haven't watched Pierce play much at all either.  I have to say I'm impressed with what I've seen so far.  Very good player. 

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #581 on: June 12, 2008, 03:26:54 PM »
he "looks" out of shape compared to Kobe. but yeah, Paul is very impressive after watching him closely. very smooth player, great shot and smart below the basket, moves well w/out the ball and can create his own shot like Kobe. sound cliche i know but he does all those things very well.

body88

« Reply #582 on: June 12, 2008, 03:56:16 PM »
Hey guys I was just thinking, people are not talking about how the Celts had to play five more games than the Lakers. It could be a major factor. Although I coulden't imagine the celts getting this far to let that get in thier way. I think the Celtics win this in seven, and I dont think Pierce and KG will struggle like that again. Pierce is way to good on the offensive side of the ball, and KG will get it back on O.

I do think Pierce is 90 percent of Kobe when it comes to scoring and finishing, I agree with Jackson on that point. Gundy also agreed I believe. It's easy to think the truth is not on that level, because he is not ripped and flashy, but the man can score with the best of them.

Anyway, I'm out to see if I can get some scalped tics at the Garden, if not, I will just drink my face off at the surrounding bars.

BEAT LA

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #583 on: June 12, 2008, 03:57:41 PM »
Hey guys I was just thinking, people are not talking about how the Celts had to play five more games than the Lakers. It could be a major factor.

Anyway, I'm out to see if I can get some scalped tics at the Garden, if not I will just drink my face off at the surrounding bars.

BEAT LA

It entered my mind as I saw KG's evident fatigue . . .

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #584 on: June 12, 2008, 03:58:30 PM »
I was reading the espn nba chat for today, this comment is good

Jeff (Phoenix, AZ): Why does everyone forget that Jordan brutalized his teammates, physically and emotionally?

SportsNation Jemele Hill: (6:18 PM ET ) Obviously, Curt Schilling didn't know that, either. I'm not one of those who is constantly on Kobe for not being a good teammate. What does that even mean?
For those who put Kobe in that category, you need to go read Sam Smith's Jordan Rules, which details how Jordan frequently berated his teammates, had a huge ego and was, to some degree, obsessed with stats. The difference was that other athletes didn't blog about it. We didn't have cameras everywhere or picture phones, because I'm sure Jordan's personal life would have been as debatable as Kobe's.
MJ never has had to live with the same scrutiny and backlash Kobe did. He was protected by reporters, who, like the rest of us, were awed by his talents.

joffy (los angeles): J, I read Schillings article on Kobe, any truth to it?

SportsNation Jemele Hill: (6:21 PM ET ) Of course, there is truth to it. Kobe was cussing his teammates out in every huddle. So what? That's what happens when you want to win, you get frustrated and your team isn't giving you anything. If the Lakers lose this series, if I were Kobe, I'd run Lamar over in my Astin Martin.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #585 on: June 12, 2008, 04:18:21 PM »
It entered my mind as I saw KG's evident fatigue . . .

I dont think he is fatigued, he is playing good D for the most part. Offensively he is just off. He really needs to step it up.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #586 on: June 12, 2008, 04:34:08 PM »
Lakers by 7 tongiht

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #587 on: June 12, 2008, 04:35:53 PM »
Lakers by 7 tongiht

is this supposed to be a jinx by you?  :D

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #588 on: June 12, 2008, 04:54:03 PM »
he "looks" out of shape compared to Kobe. but yeah, Paul is very impressive after watching him closely. very smooth player, great shot and smart below the basket, moves well w/out the ball and can create his own shot like Kobe. sound cliche i know but he does all those things very well.

That's the thing.  I'm not a Paul Pierce fan (he's a KU guy), but there's no denying that he's got a great game.  The problem is that, for most of his career, he's played on very crappy Boston teams, so few people nationally have ever watched that many of his games.  His stats are what they are, but when you get to see him play 20+ games, you get a much better idea of just how valuable a player he really is.  Is he better now that KG and Ray Allen are there to relieve the pressure on him?  Absolutely, but the quality of his game is best indicated by what he's done to help transform Rondo into a legitimate NBA starting point guard. 

I want LA to win and think they've got the ability to get it done, but even those the Lakers have the best player on the court, I'd have to argue that the Celtics have more talent in their first 8 than LA does. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #589 on: June 12, 2008, 04:57:12 PM »

I pull for Schilling to do well (because he was beating the Yankees), but off the field, he should STFU.  He's really not that interesting. 

There was some liberal fag radio guy (ESPN or FOX, can't remember) trying to argue the other day that 'yelling at teammates' = 'unprofessional'.

That's bullshit - you get fired up, you share that fire with your teammates, then you go out together and kick some ass.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #590 on: June 12, 2008, 06:18:27 PM »
sh*t five minutes into the 1st and i can tell the Celts are gonna lose. Lakes are sharp tonight. looks like you jinxed it Keith.

body88

« Reply #591 on: June 12, 2008, 08:51:33 PM »
sh*t five minutes into the 1st and i can tell the Celts are gonna lose. Lakes are sharp tonight. looks like you jinxed it Keith.

CELTICS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Huge win, total back breaker for the Lakers.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #592 on: June 12, 2008, 08:54:34 PM »
I'm not disappointed with this game. Lakers had it and they lost it.

should have put radmanovic in earlier.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #593 on: June 12, 2008, 09:04:39 PM »
You think KG is soft? He won defensive player of the year, and held bot Odem and Gasol to 9 points each in the last game.  He has been struggling on the offensive side of the ball in this series for sure, but I wouldent call him soft, he plays defense.

Being soft and being tough are two different things.

KG is soft just like the Admiral from my beloved Spurs was soft.

They both shy away from taking the most important shots of the game and can disappear when the game is on the line.

I don't doubt KG's toughness just like Karl Malone was tough. But they both are usually no-shows with the game on the line.

Congrats to you and Celtics on a great win by the way.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #594 on: June 12, 2008, 09:09:31 PM »
it's over for the lakers, no way they recover from a loss like that

i picked the lakers to win after the celtics needed 7 games to beat atlanta, i guess they play up to their competiton

nice to see all those bandwagon celebrities who grew up in other parts of the country disappointed 8)

E
E

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #595 on: June 12, 2008, 09:17:37 PM »
nice to see all those bandwagon celebrities who grew up in other parts of the country disappointed 8)

I have to admit, it is nice watching all those Celebs "acting" like they give a shit only to have a fake heartbreak.

Stealing seats from real fans. Bastards.

body88

« Reply #596 on: June 12, 2008, 09:28:48 PM »
I'm not disappointed with this game. Lakers had it and they lost it.

should have put radmanovic in earlier.

Come on bro, give the Celtics some credit. They overcame the largest lead in Finals history, to win by 6, in your house. This loss is a total back breaker for the Lakers, and no, I don't think its over.

The fact your team blew a giant lead, when the Celtics where playing that bad in the first half should have you worried about winning three straight - ( two of which are in Boston).

Just saying.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #597 on: June 12, 2008, 09:46:18 PM »
oh man the celtics are hell-bent on winning..can the lakers win 3 straight???? hmmmmmmmmmmmm...beach bum what you think?

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #598 on: June 12, 2008, 09:57:08 PM »
Come on bro, give the Celtics some credit. They overcame the largest lead in Finals history, to win by 6, in your house. This loss is a total back breaker for the Lakers, and no, I don't think its over.

The fact your team blew a giant lead, when the Celtics where playing that bad in the first half should have you worried about winning three straight - ( two of which are in Boston).

Just saying.

Lakers beat themselves. That first half proves it. They played poorly in the 2nd half, Boston took advantage of it.

They can still win.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #599 on: June 12, 2008, 10:19:39 PM »
Big leads, especially in the first half, mean nothing anymore with the 3 point line and shot clock.

Every team seems to put a run together. Lakers got theirs in the first half and the Celts in the second. It's not like the Lakes melted down. It's almost impossible to maintain the shooting for a whole game that the Lakers had in the first quarter.

It seems like large leads offering cushion are a thing of the past.