Author Topic: NBA PLAYOFFS  (Read 62667 times)

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
Re: NBA PLAYOFFS
« Reply #625 on: June 14, 2008, 11:24:52 PM »
I thought the Lakers were better top to bottom coming into the series and they were clearly playing better basketball, but that is not how it looks now. 

Now I have to spend part of Father's Day watching my Lakers get drubbed out of the playoffs on their home court.  :'(

What's funny, or not, is that the way Boston was playing in the first two rounds, They would have been eliminated in the West. Then they got hot against Detroit and are about to win the Championship. Timing has a lot to do with it sometimes.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #626 on: June 14, 2008, 11:36:19 PM »
What's funny, or not, is that the way Boston was playing in the first two rounds, They would have been eliminated in the West. Then they got hot against Detroit and are about to win the Championship. Timing has a lot to do with it sometimes.

Sure does.  That's partly why I don't bet.  I would have put money on the Lakers or Spurs beating Boston in the Finals after watching the first two rounds. 

body88

« Reply #627 on: June 15, 2008, 07:25:05 AM »
Having watched the Celtics all year, I knew they could beat both the lakers and the spurs. They did get hot at the right time, and it looks like it's going to pay off - ( crosses fingers). No idea why they played the way they did vs the hawks - (at times)... That said, if they win this, I will have seen 7 championships in the last 10 years, crazy.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #628 on: June 15, 2008, 10:03:23 AM »
I think LA is a better team than Boston top to bottom but, the better team doesn't always win.

That's how LA beat my Spurs  ;D

i think the nba is the only sport where the better team always wins

E
E

body88

« Reply #629 on: June 15, 2008, 10:39:51 AM »
LA is not a better team than Boston. Lets not forget that Boston has been winning, after having played five more games, and having key starters hurt. Peirce, Perkins and Rondo all have injuries. It has been proven that Bostons starting eight, and thier bench are more talented. Boston can, and has, rode thier bench for extended periods of time. Even won games with them. On the flipside, whenever Jackson tries to ride his bench ( like he did vs the spurs), the lakers start getting mashed.

I guess you could say on paper the lakers seem more talented, but when it counts, Boston has proven they have it.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #630 on: June 15, 2008, 06:18:12 PM »
Defence Defence Defence

LAKERS  :)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #631 on: June 15, 2008, 09:08:31 PM »
a squeaker!

I'll take it.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #632 on: June 15, 2008, 09:11:27 PM »
i know how you laker fans feel, i felt the same when my pens squeaked out a win in game 5 against the wings

like my pens, the lakers ae just delaying the inevitable :-\

E
E

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #633 on: June 15, 2008, 10:04:11 PM »
i know how you laker fans feel, i felt the same when my pens squeaked out a win in game 5 against the wings

E

AWWWWW. Boo Hoo Hoo Laker Hater.  See Ya  in Bean-Town Beee-at chhh!!!!

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #634 on: June 15, 2008, 10:30:07 PM »
And by the way, anybody who uses Hockey (a third-rate sport) as an analogy in a major sport . . . . well, let me speak to you in your own language . . .Take off  . . . 'ehhh . . , To the great white north.  You Canuck loser . . . .how dare you besmerch the greatest franchise in all of sports!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #635 on: June 16, 2008, 04:57:26 AM »

I'm not so sure.

When you consider that the Lakers have already choked away 3 games in this series and the fact that the Celtics are really dinged up right now (you won't hear their coach making any excuses, though), you have to give the Lakers at least a puncher's chance to force a Game 7.

And if they can do that, then anything can happen, so although it's never been done before in the NBA, if anyone can do it, it's these Lakers. 

Would I give Boston the edge going back home?  YES. 

Do I feel the Lakers *deserve* to win, based on how they've played.  NO

But for as crappy as this series has been - and even though people will say that Game 5 was 'good' because it had a close finish, you still have to account for the Lakers blowing such a huge lead - at this point, I reckon I wouldn't mind it going to 7. 

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #636 on: June 16, 2008, 06:18:29 AM »
you have to give the Lakers at least a puncher's chance to force a Game 7.

And if they can do that, then anything can happen, so although it's never been done before in the NBA, if anyone can do it, it's these Lakers. 

Yep yep yep yep . . .   There is only one historical player in this series, (no sorry, not you KG) and he has yet to stand up and be counted/  If you don't think that Kobe is RELISHING the opportunity to win 2 in the road, you don't know HIM.

body88

« Reply #637 on: June 16, 2008, 07:43:35 AM »
Yep yep yep yep . . .   There is only one historical player in this series, (no sorry, not you KG) and he has yet to stand up and be counted/  If you don't think that Kobe is RELISHING the opportunity to win 2 in the road, you don't know HIM.

That guy is Paul Peirce. Kobe might be the best player in the world, but Peirce has done far more in this series, and he's hurt. If you don't think Perice is RELISHING the opportunity to win a championship in Boston, you don't know him. Other than his steal last night, what has Kobe done that has been so huge? Peirce was shredding the entire Lakers defense last night!

The Celtics missed Perkins last night, and KG was only allowed to play 17 seconds in the first half. That last foul called on him, was horrible. He could have tied it, and put the Celtics in a position to win, but he had a really tough game last night. Perice was just unstopable, and anyone not named Kobe couldn't defend him. I thought Gasol did a good job last night, and Odem played well also. I have to applaud the Celtics, for not acting like the Laker's, and some of their fans when calls didn't go their way. Kobe is the best player in the world, but he is the biggest CRYBABY I have ever seen. The Celtics should have gotten a lot of calls they didn't get last night, and hopefully it evans out in Boston. But, it's the lakers hosue, so I have no problem with the officiating at all. It's not the reason the Celtics lost, the Lakers played better last night. That said, this series went exactly how I thought it would go, and now it's up the the celts to close it out at home. I think it goes seven games, but I hope i'm wrong.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #638 on: June 16, 2008, 10:01:05 AM »
And by the way, anybody who uses Hockey (a third-rate sport) as an analogy in a major sport . . . . well, let me speak to you in your own language . . .Take off  . . . 'ehhh . . , To the great white north.  You Canuck loser . . . .how dare you besmerch the greatest franchise in all of sports!

i'm not a boston fan you moron, i just see now that the celtics will win even though i originally picked the lakers

you're too stupid to understand and keep up with the fast paced action of hockey

and the lakers aren't even the greatest franchise in their own sport

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #639 on: June 16, 2008, 10:02:17 AM »

haha right and when a team is in the same position next year people will say the same about them

E
E

body88

« Reply #640 on: June 16, 2008, 10:14:49 AM »

BEST FRANCHISES IN SPORTS :

Celtics - 16 titles

Yankees - 26 titles

Pre Cap - Steelers - 4 sb's ( I know they won another one, but that would fall into the cap era)

Post Cap - Patriots - 3 sb's in four years, and the only undefeated 16 game NFL team.

Redwings - Dont know exactly how many titles, but I know it's a lot.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #641 on: June 16, 2008, 12:13:06 PM »
Good win by the Lakers.  Funniest line of the series was when the Lakers went up big in the first half and the play-by-play guy said something like "Boston has the Lakers right where they want them."  Turned out to be true.   :)

I'm really impressed with Paul Pierce. 

Pau Gasoft has continued to do an outstanding job on KG.  He has helped make him a non-factor for much of the series. 

Kobe disappeared in the second half.  After his offensive foul in the third quarter (which was a good call) he pretty much quit trying to get into the paint.  But even though he struggled on O, he had 5 steals, including the clincher steal from Pierce followed by a dunk.  I'm hopeful he shows up big tomorrow. 

That said, it did appear to me that Boston was playing harder than L.A. for much of the game.   :-\

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #642 on: June 16, 2008, 12:18:10 PM »
i'm not a boston fan you moron, i just see now that the celtics will win even though i originally picked the lakers

you're too stupid to understand and keep up with the fast paced action of hockey

and the lakers aren't even the greatest franchise in their own sport

E

I disagree, they are the greatest franchise in their own sport.  The Celts have more titles, but the Lakers have done it over more decades and more titles in the modern era.  No offense, but hockey isn't that hard to follow (soccer on skates), it's just boring.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #643 on: June 16, 2008, 01:07:19 PM »
I disagree, they are the greatest franchise in their own sport.  The Celts have more titles, but the Lakers have done it over more decades and more titles in the modern era.

I agree, the Lakes are the greatest in the NBA, them or the Knicks. Knicks havent won recently but still, they are huge to the league and fans. the Lakes have five rings in the 80's?..crazy.

hard to say in the nfl..

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #644 on: June 16, 2008, 01:18:17 PM »
BEST FRANCHISES IN SPORTS :

Celtics - 16 titles

Yankees - 26 titles

Pre Cap - Steelers - 4 sb's ( I know they won another one, but that would fall into the cap era)

Post Cap - Patriots - 3 sb's in four years, and the only undefeated 16 game NFL team.

Redwings - Dont know exactly how many titles, but I know it's a lot.

the wings have the 3rd most cups with 11

i think the maple leafs have 13 or so and the canadiens have about 23

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #645 on: June 16, 2008, 01:22:10 PM »
I disagree, they are the greatest franchise in their own sport.  The Celts have more titles, but the Lakers have done it over more decades and more titles in the modern era.  No offense, but hockey isn't that hard to follow (soccer on skates), it's just boring.

it doesn't matter if they did it in more decades, the celtics have more overall titles and they will add another one some time this week

hockey is far more exciting than basketball imo, it's not even close and i like basketball

E
E

body88

« Reply #646 on: June 16, 2008, 01:48:44 PM »

The Celtics have a hell of a lot more than 16 titles in their history. Most basketball historians agree that the Celtics are the greatest franchise ever. I'm not going to go into why, if you think all the Celtics have is titles, it's not even worth it.

I think the Lakers are a close second, but the Celtics are top dog. If they win title number 17 thier wont even be a question!

body88

« Reply #647 on: June 16, 2008, 01:49:50 PM »
I agree, the Lakes are the greatest in the NBA, them or the Knicks. Knicks havent won recently but still, they are huge to the league and fans. the Lakes have five rings in the 80's?..crazy.

hard to say in the nfl..

Are you going to seriously try to tell me the Knicks are a better franchise than the Celtics, who have 16 NBA titles, and pioneered African American players in the sport? To me that is just laughable, and the oppitomy of blind hate for the Celtics. The laker's maybe, but the Knicks? The celtics rosters read like the whos who of the hall of fame. That said, I can see arguing the Lakers, but thats about it. You might as well tell me the dodgers are better than the yankees.

Btw, this is just my opinion, and is not an attack on you.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #648 on: June 16, 2008, 01:50:29 PM »
yes

body88

« Reply #649 on: June 16, 2008, 01:52:56 PM »