Author Topic: The Business of Being Born  (Read 11435 times)

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
  • What is the most common form of stupidity?
Re: The Business of Being Born
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2008, 07:29:07 AM »
Sadly, I've got what people in the Carrib. call "sweet blood" and mosqitos love me. I'm hoping Miami beach will be better.

HM,

And I typed this real slow. End things with her now, a child deserves two parents who actually wanted kids. Being nagged convinced to have children doesn't make sense and your lives will end up sucking in the long run.

Man, I can't drop her like that I really love her and Doc you know people's needs and desires change over time and this is one I have to work through. I can't just say oh you want babies after 7+ years and we are in of 40s, I don't think so, see ya! C'mon now I don't even Div would react that way.
W

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2008, 07:38:42 AM »
Man, I can't drop her like that I really love her and Doc you know people's needs and desires change over time and this is one I have to work through. I can't just say oh you want babies after 7+ years and we are in of 40s, I don't think so, see ya! C'mon now I don't even Div would react that way.

I'm smarter than Div when it comes to women. Believe me, unless there's a reasonable chance your heart and mind will change about children within the next two years, you're wasting time. It may sound harsh but no harsher than having kids because you had to or felt it was the only thing that would save your marriage.

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2008, 08:02:19 AM »
I'm smarter than Div when it comes to women. Believe me, unless there's a reasonable chance your heart and mind will change about children within the next two years, you're wasting time. It may sound harsh but no harsher than having kids because you had to or felt it was the only thing that would save your marriage.

This is a tough one for me this time out. Unless she brings it up again I will keep quiet on this one, hopefully time will take care of this whim not me dumping her.
W

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2008, 08:09:50 AM »
I understand your love for her HM.  But also understand that she could in the future have resentment for you if she really wants her own child/ren.  You need to discuss this and not just hope it will go away.  :(
:D Weee

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2008, 08:17:54 AM »
This is a tough one for me this time out. Unless she brings it up again I will keep quiet on this one, hopefully time will take care of this whim not me dumping her.

Please listen to Laura, HM.

Issues like children to not go away over time. I have a very good friend who loves/wants children. He married a woman who would rather slit her own throat than have children hoping things would change or that some magical maternal instinct would kick in. He still doesn't have children and if it wouldn't embarrass his family he's probably get a divorce yesterday and marry a woman that wants children.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2008, 08:26:02 AM »

Issues like children to not go away over time. I have a very good friend who loves/wants children. He married a woman who would rather slit her own throat than have children hoping things would change or that some magical maternal instinct would kick in. He still doesn't have children and if it wouldn't embarrass his family he's probably get a divorce yesterday and marry a woman that wants children.
its not jaguar is it?? oh thats right shes not married....whoops

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2008, 09:08:32 AM »

Off to talk to her right now. It'll be mucked up if this comes down to whether we stay together or not especially since she is in her early 40s. Why should this even be an issue now I think she is too old to start having babies? I could see 3-5 years ago but now?

I like where I am now and I think she does too, this has got to be an emotional phase brought on by the baby sitting experience.

Maybe we need more land for her to raise farm animals.

HM out for lunch or to lunch lol!
W

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2008, 09:15:03 AM »
Off to talk to her right now. It'll be mucked up if this comes down to whether we stay together or not especially since she is in her early 40s. Why should this even be an issue now I think she is too old to start having babies? I could see 3-5 years ago but now?

I like where I am now and I think she does too, this has got to be an emotional phase brought on by the baby sitting experience.

Maybe we need more land for her to raise farm animals.

HM out for lunch or to lunch lol!
I personally agree with the age thing.  I'm 44 and couldn't even fatham having a child now.  I would be 60 years old at their sweet sixteen.  Probably 70 by the time they got married or had children (maybe).  Not to mention being tied down another 18 or more years from doing whatever you want to do when you want to do it.  Both my kids are grown adults now and I can now enjoy myself and not worry (as much). 

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2008, 09:31:04 AM »
She's too old for kids anyways. Bad things start happening when the eggs get older.

You may end up adopting.

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2008, 11:37:54 AM »
She's too old for kids anyways. Bad things start happening when the eggs get older.

You may end up adopting.

OMG guess who joined us for lunch today and guess what she alluded to the entire time?

The Loud Mouth and baby talk LMAO!
W

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2008, 11:51:58 AM »
OMG guess who joined us for lunch today and guess what she alluded to the entire time?

So what happened??

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2008, 01:14:06 PM »
its not jaguar is it?? oh thats right shes not married....whoops

You say that almost with derision. NewsFlash, I wear my marital status as a symbol of pride.

I'm single & lovin' it.  :)
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2008, 01:19:19 PM »

Dude, you really need to snip this problem in the bud!
Not talking about the baby issues, ...that's between the two of you

I'm talking about the loud mouth(s). Too many people getting into your business messes up relationships
What is between the two of you should be between the TWO of you, ...not YOU, HER, and all your "friends who want to contribute their two cents worth. All that does is re-inforce previously entrenched positions and causes unecessary friction. It does not allow for the TWO of you to communicate towards a workable solution for your situation.
w

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2008, 01:47:03 PM »
I shut her up quickly and changed the subject. We did'nt talk about babies the rest of lunch. I will talk with her tonight!
W

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2008, 01:55:21 PM »
You say that almost with derision. NewsFlash, I wear my marital status as a symbol of pride.

I'm single & lovin' it.  :)
HAHA your just kidding yourself

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2008, 02:30:02 PM »
HAHA your just kidding yourself

If you say so.  :)
w

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2008, 07:13:47 AM »
Vaginal births are better for both mothers and babies.

As the baby passes through the birth canal, it passes over the Grafenberg spot. This area is not just for pleasure during intimate moments with your partner, it also raises a woman's pain threshold during childbirth. In addition, the baby's passage through the birth canal aligns the spine and chakra points of the baby. Babies delivered vaginally are happier and more well adjusted over the long term and as a rule don't cry as much as those delivered through C-Section.

Source(s) please, never came across it, and I have done courses on developmental psychology and never was this even slightly hinted at.