Author Topic: From Man to Beast. Working towards a 300kg deadlift  (Read 53655 times)

burn2live

• Getbig IV
Today I was off and I've been cleaning up my diet. I weighed in 111.9kg in shorts, t-shirt and cons the other day. I know I'll be 110 easily, but I want to lean out a little. Dropped my carbs and upped my fats and veg and my protein was already pretty high. Started this yesterday.

Today was a little like this:
0800 Banana, whey isolate 48g protein, 2 x cups of coffee, litre of water
1000 3g cod liver oil, 500ml water
1100 Protein bar, whey isolate&concentrate 36g protein, 3g cod liver oil, 500ml water
1400 Large steak, 2 fistfuls of green beans, some grated cheddar on top, 2 x cups of coffee, 500ml water
1600 3g cod liver oil, 500ml water, shake 36g protein, 2 x cups of coffee
1700 2 x grilled salmon fillets, 2 fistfuls of green beans
From then til now just water and tea
2300 (Just now) Shake total 100g protein (whey concentrate, isolate & soy protein)

Low carbs aren't affecting me yet. Heading to bed soon. Seeing as I've got a slight peak in my training tomorrow I will probably have some brown rice early afternoon and gainer 30 min before workout at about 1600.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
You have it down to how much water and when. I thought I was anal. ;D

The 100g of protein at night is probably a waste and some is getting stored away. Having a whey/casein mix would do you better at 25g each. Just an idea. Im interested though, why would you put so much protein at the end of the day and so little at the beginning? I always used an even amount all day, maybe an extra 10g at night, but never double.

Looks good otherwise, especially the grilled salmon. :P

burn2live

• Getbig IV
You have it down to how much water and when. I thought I was anal. ;D

The 100g of protein at night is probably a waste and some is getting stored away. Having a whey/casein mix would do you better at 25g each. Just an idea. Im interested though, why would you put so much protein at the end of the day and so little at the beginning? I always used an even amount all day, maybe an extra 10g at night, but never double.

Looks good otherwise, especially the grilled salmon. :P

It's really just the way the protein is made. It's a blend of the three, so it's not as good in terms of bioavailabilty. 2 scoops is 80g and that's the recommended amount, so I throw an extra half scoop in for good measure!  :D

I know what you mean, I think I'll drop it a little seeing as it's wasted. I forgot to say I also take about 9g glutamine in my shakes whenever I think I'll need it.

Just in from the gym, it was a good workout, but felt myself starting to wear down towards the end despite having some more carbs today. I expected that though.

Bench 105kg
Chins up to 17.5kg
Dips 20kg
Lat pull downs 70kg for a bit of a pump
Incline dumbell 40kg. Decided to go mad on these and did a whole bunch of sets. Came to about 55 reps total. Bit of fun!

My friend is having a barbecue tonight seeing as we are off uni tomorrow. I'm going to go to the supermarket and buy a shitload of meat. Tonight can be a cheat! lol

burn2live

• Getbig IV
Training today. Took a bit of a break over the weekend.

Legs today went up to 190kg with a belt to see how it felt then had working sets 127.5kg. Felt harder than I would have liked. Just one of those days I guess.
Deadlifts
100kg x8
140kg x5
177.5kg 5x3 Deadlifts felt nice today. I'm beginning to get my groove back on these. I had totally lost it a while ago and the whole movement felt alien.

Improvised reverse hypers with smallest band 4x10

Improvised hypers with band 4x12

Hanging leg raises 4x14

I really enjoy doing the reverse hypers and stretching out my back after squatting and deadlifting. Really feels like it's doing some good. I'll try and get a video of the way I'm improvising these. A little difficult to explain. The idea was actually Jamie Burke's.

I've also figured out a way of doing some sort of glute ham raise which I'll also try to get on video.

burn2live

• Getbig IV
Today I was tired and was sore in the semimembranosus area of my hamstrings, also a little stiff in the quads.

Power Jerk was 90kg today.
Standing dumbell military press with feet together is remaining at 22.5kg for now. Increased the volume a bit
JM Press
Close Grip Bench paused
I was planning on doing some dips today, but I couldn't be bothered waiting on the dip bars. Went home and did some abs. Nothing special. Can't wait until things start getting heavy.

I'm back to 4 wheels on the deadlift tomorrow. Here's to a good workout at 0630!  8)

11venthhour

• Getbig III
good luck with the dead lifts!

burn2live

• Getbig IV
good luck with the dead lifts!

Cheers man.

I was training at 0630 this morning, it's now 0120 where I am. Squats were 130kg today. Felt easier than the previous workouts.

Followed these up with deadlifts 180kg 5x3. My legs were a little tired and I could feel my ass kicking up too early in the movement and putting too much onto my back. That's something I need to watch. Despite this happening sometimes my back was always straight and the work I've been putting into it is paying off.

After this I did a load of lower back stuff. Improvised reverse hypers and hypers, then some hanging leg raises to stretch out the spine a bit. All in all, felt good  8)

http://www.burn-to-live-live-to-burn.blogspot.com/

burn2live

• Getbig IV
Just a quick post to show what I meant about the improvised reverse hypers. Can't rate these highly enough. Sex for the lower back  8)

http://www.burn-to-live-live-to-burn.blogspot.com/

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
I do them the same way from time to time. Get some weird looks though. :)

burn2live

• Getbig IV
I do them the same way from time to time. Get some weird looks though. :)

Yep, at least I'm not doing fucking crunches in it  >:( That's all people do on that machine in our gym

11venthhour

• Getbig III
could i get a similar effect with a DB?

looks intresting to say the least!

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV

Yes. Just difficult to do when the weight gets heavy.

burn2live

• Getbig IV

You should get some bands man. I got mine from Iron Woody. Cheaper than other sites and fast postage, especially considering I'm in Europe.

11venthhour

• Getbig III
You should get some bands man. I got mine from Iron Woody. Cheaper than other sites and fast postage, especially considering I'm in Europe.

i will have to look into the bands because i tried to use the DB today and i felt like a tool!

burn2live

• Getbig IV
Bit of chest back today. Doing a bodybuilding routine on the bench, but it's keeping my strength up well enough. Put 120kg on the bar prior to my working sets to see how it felt. Went as follows:

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
Seemed a little too easy.

burn2live

• Getbig IV
Seemed a little too easy.

Yeh, I knew it would be, it's really just for a feel. Didn't train today. Was totally wrecked. Spent the last two days painting and cleaning my mate's gym. Looks way better now. Still can't get the paint off my hands and arms though!  >:(

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
Great vids  :)

Wtf is 18/04 btw?

:)

burn2live

• Getbig IV
Great vids  :)

Wtf is 18/04 btw?

18th April  :)

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
18th April  :)

Sweet.  So that's two days from now.   :o

:)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
Good luck Burn!

I'm jealous of your gym.

8)

burn2live

• Getbig IV
Thanks guys. The gym is ok, not quite as good as it looks. Most of the space is taken up by crappy cardio machines. Also, since it's the university gym you get plebs coming in and using squat racks or deadlift platforms to biceps curl. Sooo annoying  >:(

11venthhour

• Getbig III
hope all went well today!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Thanks guys. The gym is ok, not quite as good as it looks. Most of the space is taken up by crappy cardio machines. Also, since it's the university gym you get plebs coming in and using squat racks or deadlift platforms to biceps curl. Sooo annoying  >:(
lol where did those ppl get that from? i got tons of ppl who do the same thing at my gym.

burn2live

• Getbig IV
lol where did those ppl get that from? i got tons of ppl who do the same thing at my gym.

I want to feed them the bar they are curling when I see it  >:(