Author Topic: RIPITUP'S CONTEST PREP THREAD - ONWARD TO NATIONALS!!!!!  (Read 110277 times)

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
Re: RIPITUP'S CONTEST PREP THREAD
« Reply #200 on: July 28, 2008, 10:43:38 AM »
Once you get into the keto diet...this can take a good wk to adjust...you should start feeling a lot better. From what I've seen, it typically takes most people at least 3-4 days to adjust, but for some reason for some women it can take at least a wk, if not a few days more.

Give it time and you should come around. of course this is assuming that once you're fully in ketosis that you stay in ketosis. If you have an entire day or 2 of carb eating and then go right back into the keto diet, then you will have to start the physicall adjustment all over again. granted, if this happens for whatever reason, it should not take you as long to adjust as it did the first time.

Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale’s anabolic diet is a bit different than a "keto diet".  Its more of a "carb cycling" type diet with the idea that you won't loose quite as much muscle mass.   The first two weeks are basically a no more than 50 grams of carbs per day, high protein, higher fat weeks.   Then there are two days of carb loading, then more low carb.   The higher fat is recommended so that the body starts not only metabolizing fat, but also utilizing dietary fat rather than storing it.   

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #201 on: July 28, 2008, 11:30:15 AM »
Well, adjustment or not, I can't say that I am really loving the keto diet.  I started out liking it alot because I got to eat things like steak and nuts, which I haven't had much of in weeks.  But the novelty has worn off... and now I am just tired all the time, and slightly braindead.  Do those of you who are on keto diets have to use your brains for work during the day?  I find myself staring at my computer screen, eyes glazed over, wondering wtf am I supposed to be doing and why am I blanking out?  Yesterday, my arms and legs were so tired, they were hardly working.   

I am also flat as a pancake, can't see my abs anymore at all, and cannot get a pump to save my life in the gym.   :-\

Anyway, I am still sticking with it for now, because that's just the way it goes, but I am going to talk to Carla this week, and I am assuming that we'll go back to something I am more accustomed to for the final weeks of this contest prep.  Who knows what I will be doing, but no matter what, I will be listening to Carla and putting my faith in her for this prep.  Let's all keep our fingers crossed and see how things go.

Did calves and abs yesterday, along with double cardio.  Rode the bike for 55 mins this morning.  123 pounds this morning, not sure what's going on with my weight.  I don't like the way I look right now either.  But I will be FINE!!!
:)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #202 on: July 28, 2008, 01:53:43 PM »
How are you sleeping Ripitup?  I know you have been using a couple/few fat burners they could have your CNS fried out?  This leads to that weak, tired feeling.

I would pull them all out but one, maybe even a break from that for a week or so.  Just a thought.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #203 on: July 28, 2008, 07:49:21 PM »
How are you sleeping Ripitup?  I know you have been using a couple/few fat burners they could have your CNS fried out?  This leads to that weak, tired feeling.

I would pull them all out but one, maybe even a break from that for a week or so.  Just a thought.

I fully agree.  I am hitting the "RESET" button tomorrow... going back to my old diet, and dropping all stimulants except caffeine until the weekend.  I have to go out of town for a few days for work, but I'll stick to my old diet and get my cardios and training in, and just try to get through the week.  Then we'll see what's shakin' at four weeks out.

Here are a few random (not so great lol) pics I took this evening on the way to the gym.  I wanted to see what 8 days of zero carbs did to me before I switch back.  I'll be adding in about 40-50g complex carbs and dropping the fat down. 

I am relatively pleased with where I am for 4.5 weeks out.  I think that I am on track.  Legs are starting to come in!

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: July 28, 2008, 07:50:35 PM »
My back looks like it needs an adjustment.   ;D

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #205 on: July 28, 2008, 07:51:42 PM »
Side poses are coming along...

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #206 on: July 28, 2008, 09:11:01 PM »
" what's shakin' " - ripitupbaby

HAHAH i loled so much when I read you typed that :)

The return of the booty shorts finally, omg they are so HOT!

jt
TEAM Nasser

AVBG

« Reply #207 on: July 28, 2008, 09:14:50 PM »
you're on target Lori.  8)

bthomas77

• Getbig II
« Reply #208 on: July 28, 2008, 09:32:31 PM »
wow....i disapear for a few days....and GOOD LORD.....

you look great Lori....sorry you are having problems with the diet.

but you look phenominal...and im sure you are going to do amazingly at your show.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: July 29, 2008, 04:04:37 AM »
Rip looking tighter!!  Good work you will kick some ass.  8)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: July 29, 2008, 05:20:50 AM »
Thanks!  For anyone who remembers last year, the pics at five weeks out were the MD Booty contest pics ::) and the ones in the superman outfit on that dock... It's only a few days difference from those pics, but I think I am definitely tighter, and I think that my legs look quite a bit better. 

I rallied and did a decent back workout last night after we took those pics, and another 40 mins of cardio.  Did almost an hour on the elliptical this morning, and I'll hit the gym somewhere from the road this afternoon.  :)

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #211 on: July 29, 2008, 09:27:06 AM »
oh my gosh look at the great bodonkadonk on Rip! :o :o :o

TEAM Nasser

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #212 on: July 29, 2008, 09:32:04 AM »
looking good Rip, you could bounce quarters off that ass.

w8m8

« Reply #213 on: July 29, 2008, 09:49:14 AM »
 ;D         GO   RIP  !!

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #214 on: July 29, 2008, 10:22:40 AM »
Thanks for the support guys!   ;D

I am headed out of town for a couple of days, leaving early and hitting the gym on the road.  :)

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: July 29, 2008, 11:28:04 AM »
you look fantastic Rip!! your back is awesome

and yes i have to say that your butt ....  :o

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #216 on: July 29, 2008, 11:55:10 AM »
Back detail is already there...looks ahead of schedule.

You have awesome legs Lori, your quads are huge!

Great work!

8)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: July 29, 2008, 12:25:01 PM »
Thanks!  For anyone who remembers last year, the pics at five weeks out were the MD Booty contest pics ::) and the ones in the superman outfit on that dock... It's only a few days difference from those pics, but I think I am definitely tighter, and I think that my legs look quite a bit better. 

Agree!  You look great Lori :)
R

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #218 on: July 29, 2008, 01:16:23 PM »
I've got something else I'd like to smack up against it.  :-*
!

mcwsage

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #219 on: July 29, 2008, 03:09:25 PM »
 :o Wow Lori - what a difference!  You have a lot more lines - and your legs have definitely started to come in!!  Amazing!!!

As for the no carb diets and losing muscle- I tried Atkins about 10 yrs ago and wasted away to 115lbs w/ no muscle (I'm 5'7") and my family thought I was sick...it definitely wastes away muscle after long-term use....but when I've done no carbs for a short period of time for competition prep, BAM, bodyfat loss...  So it's quite a science!!  Carla is amazing so I would definitely trust what she tells you to do for diet...stay strong - only 4.5 weeks until showtime! 

P.S. what is the first meal/food you are looking forward to??

Michele W.P.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: July 30, 2008, 06:12:34 PM »
hahahaha thank you guys!!  :-*

:o Wow Lori - what a difference!  You have a lot more lines - and your legs have definitely started to come in!!  Amazing!!!

As for the no carb diets and losing muscle- I tried Atkins about 10 yrs ago and wasted away to 115lbs w/ no muscle (I'm 5'7") and my family thought I was sick...it definitely wastes away muscle after long-term use....but when I've done no carbs for a short period of time for competition prep, BAM, bodyfat loss...  So it's quite a science!!  Carla is amazing so I would definitely trust what she tells you to do for diet...stay strong - only 4.5 weeks until showtime! 

P.S. what is the first meal/food you are looking forward to??

Michele W.P.

You know what's funny is that this time around, I have been so focused on the prep and training that I haven't thought much about what I am looking forward to eating.  Plus, Nationals is 12 weeks after the NA's - I can't even believe I am going to try to prep for that but we'll think about that later - so I can't go crazy, which is prolly a good thing. 

ICE CREAM is way at the top of the list, as always.  Ben and Jerry's, DQ Blizzards.  Lots of Reeses' PB Cups.  M&Ms.
And I am DYING for some coffee drinks made with milk and caramel, etc.  White Chocolate Mochas.  The Starbucks Mint Chocolate Chip Frappucino has been calling my name for a while now.  Doughnuts...definitely some glazed doughnuts.

Definitely ribs.  BBQ baby back ribs.

Oh, and Jenny makes all kinds of goodies.  She's supposed to be bringing me coconut macaroons and some brownies. 

OK maybe I have been thinking about it a little.   ;D

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #221 on: July 30, 2008, 06:18:07 PM »
HAHAHA epic cravings post, hope you don't break tonight it sounds like your about to have a diet meltdown  :P 

you ain't the only one.

Ditto

I've got something else I'd like to smack up against it.  :-*

me too!

what does that mean?
TEAM Nasser

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #222 on: July 30, 2008, 06:36:21 PM »
HAHAHA epic cravings post, hope you don't break tonight it sounds like your about to have a diet meltdown  :P 

Ditto

me too!

what does that mean?

In the military, you used to test how well a bed was made by "bouncing a quarter" off of the bed.

If it bounced, then the sides were tucked in correctly and the sheets and spread were tight.

Same thing applies to Rip's ass he's saying.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #223 on: July 30, 2008, 06:39:41 PM »
hahahah lol, thx for telling me, good story
TEAM Nasser

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs