Author Topic: Bananas...Pre and post workout food of champions.  (Read 12892 times)

WJ_Harley

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Re: Bananas...Pre and post workout food of champions.
« Reply #125 on: July 02, 2008, 04:10:54 PM »
it depends on what your eating alread, but since you see to know the basics, probably eat about the right amount of calories, probably eat enough protein, probably get enough complex carbs, and probably train hard.....   nothing i do would make a BIG difference bro.

some people call it "micro managing"... but this stuff interests me so its what i like to learn about

i guess maybe it seems like i am a dan duchaine type who knows al this stuff but trains and eats like a pussy? no i assure you i train as hard as i can and i eat plenty of calories carbs proteins to grow

one thing i could offer you though that might make a difference is just supplemental efa's...those, like fish oil, can make a huge difference in your physique if you mega dose them for short periods..
i agree in part on the EFA's and fish oil being important but micro managing different ratios of all this shit probably makes .00000000001 percent difference.
c

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #126 on: July 02, 2008, 04:11:17 PM »
isnt that what i said?

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #127 on: July 02, 2008, 04:11:41 PM »
i agree in part on the EFA's and fish oil being important but micro managing different ratios of all this shit probably makes .00000000001 percent difference.

and thats being generous

WJ_Harley

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #128 on: July 02, 2008, 04:12:39 PM »
isnt that what i said?
then why worry about it?
c

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #129 on: July 02, 2008, 04:13:50 PM »
  the only thing i will say is that i would not get full from any amount of anything.  ;D   
I assume that includes cock? Pretty brave statement.  :D

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: July 02, 2008, 04:14:03 PM »
then why worry about it?
then why say anything?  :D

this whole thread is only because i told goudy that he was incorrect when he posted "3 bananas" in a thread entitled " post your perfect post workout meal"

and he was totally incorrect

WJ_Harley

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #131 on: July 02, 2008, 04:15:21 PM »

this whole thread is only because i told goudy that he was incorrect when he posted "3 bananas" in a thread entitled " post your perfect post workout meal"

the bananas are as good a PWO meal as anything else, maybe throw some egg whites or whey in there with them and you're good to go.
c

body88

« Reply #132 on: July 02, 2008, 04:16:36 PM »
it depends on what your eating alread, but since you see to know the basics, probably eat about the right amount of calories, probably eat enough protein, probably get enough complex carbs, and probably train hard.....   nothing i do would make a BIG difference bro.

some people call it "micro managing"... but this stuff interests me so its what i like to learn about

i guess maybe it seems like i am a dan duchaine type who knows al this stuff but trains and eats like a pussy? no i assure you i train as hard as i can and i eat plenty of calories carbs proteins to grow

one thing i could offer you though that might make a difference is just supplemental efa's...those, like fish oil, can make a huge difference in your physique if you mega dose them for short periods..

I'm not knocking you, or trying to put you down..... I really want to know if your information would make a difference. I am currently taking 3 tabs fish oil per day, and also the omega I get from a natural peanut butter. I need more?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: July 02, 2008, 04:19:11 PM »
the bananas are as good a PWO meal as anything else, maybe throw some egg whites or whey in there with them and you're good to go.
re read the thread dude, fructose is useless post workout theres absolutely no legit reason to ever consume fructose..

WELL, okay thats wrong, IF YOUR GOING TO SERIOUSLY SUPER MICROMANAGE your diet...then there is a protocol during a carb cyclign diet that requires small precise amounts of fructose spread evenly thorughout the day..... but i wont even begin to start on that because that would seriousl fly way over your head if you cant even graps the difference between ccarbs from oatmeal and carbs from banana

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #134 on: July 02, 2008, 04:20:59 PM »

for me perfect tons of carbs. i disagree with you fat boy

WJ_Harley

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #135 on: July 02, 2008, 04:21:40 PM »
re read the thread dude, fructose is useless post workout theres absolutely no legit reason to ever consume fructose..

WELL, okay thats wrong, IF YOUR GOING TO SERIOUSLY SUPER MICROMANAGE your diet...then there is a protocol during a carb cyclign diet that requires small precise amounts of fructose spread evenly thorughout the day..... but i wont even begin to start on that because that would seriousl fly way over your head if you cant even graps the difference between ccarbs from oatmeal and carbs from banana
i didn't say there wasn't a difference between carbs from fruit and carbs from oatmeal, i said the simple carbs and potassium in the bananas is probably better PWO.
c

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: July 02, 2008, 04:22:26 PM »

I'm not knocking you, or trying to put you down..... I really want to know if your information would make a difference. I am currently taking 3 tabs fish oil per day, and also the omega I get from a natural peanut butter. I need more?
need? no. 3 caps a day should eliminate any risk of DEFECIENCY.  but you can definitely see some awesome results form mega dosing fish oil. charles poliquin is a advocate of short term intakes of 40 grams per day or more.    the reason being that fish oil increases insulin sensitivity, boosts metabolism, boosts protein synthesis, and at such high doses makes lipogensis very unlikely unless your consuming a huge amount of calories.

i dont really support EXTRA fats in the diet besides whats in your protein, whats in your meat, and then of course supplemental efa's (i prefer fish oil and evening primrose oil in a ratio of 2=1)

try taking 3 caps with every meal to start

avoid fish oil post workout for about an hour though

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #137 on: July 02, 2008, 04:24:23 PM »
when u gonna back up what u preach

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #138 on: July 02, 2008, 04:24:56 PM »
post a pic

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: July 02, 2008, 04:25:11 PM »
i didn't say there wasn't a difference between carbs from fruit and carbs from oatmeal, i said the simple carbs and potassium in the bananas is probably better PWO.
your better off with SODIUM than potassium to be honest  :D banana isnt simple carbs either, as bast demonstrated with the fiber to carb ratio in a banana and oatmeal being very similar their digestion rates are very similar as well...  and fructose isnt the kind of carb you want any way

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #140 on: July 02, 2008, 04:29:20 PM »
your better off with SODIUM than potassium to be honest  :D banana isnt simple carbs either, as bast demonstrated with the fiber to carb ratio in a banana and oatmeal being very similar their digestion rates are very similar as well...  and fructose isnt the kind of carb you want any way

candy...why would you choose sodium over potassium?
just not good enough

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: July 02, 2008, 04:41:12 PM »

candy...why would you choose sodium over potassium?
i think lack of sodium is most likely the primary cause of crampping in alot of bodybuilders...not lack of potassium

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #142 on: July 02, 2008, 04:52:09 PM »
i think lack of sodium is most likely the primary cause of crampping in alot of bodybuilders...not lack of potassium
gotcha
just not good enough