Author Topic: Q&A with IFBB Pro Milos Sarcev  (Read 114598 times)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Re: Q&A with IFBB Pro Milos Sarcev
« Reply #250 on: October 27, 2008, 06:51:07 AM »
so tell us about your results with this kind of training? has your bw gone up? can you lift heavier weights? has your biceps grown etc etc?

There are a few amazing points about this training:

1) it's fun to do. Basically, i just do several exercises without taking a break in between. When i have completed one cycle, i do another one until i feel exhausted. I change reps and weights around every two weeks, sometimes do super-slow, rest/pause etc, whatever comes to my mind.

2) i burn fat like never before training like this. The constant strain on your muscles, working out for 45-60 minutes without taking a break keeps your heartrate very high. Despite burning off a lot of fat (i can see that in the mirror  ::) ) my bodyweight has gone up, so i think that means i burn fat AND build muscle at the same time.

3) i trained DC before doing giant sets and had real problems in bringing my arms and shoulders up. Somehow (and please don't turn this into  a discussion on how great DC is, natural al  ;D ) DC doesn't work for me. Now i train shoulders and arms each on their separate days and it works great for me.

4) strength: my strength has gone up a great deal since i do giant sets. Like i wrote before, i change reps, weights and training style every 2 weeks, the only thing i keep is doing giant sets, 8 to 10 exercises each workout.

5) i don't do cardio at all yet my endurance keeps getting better. I think this is due to working out without making breaks.

All in all, it's the most fun and interesting training style i have yet come across, if you want to say so. The key point in it is just: Don't do breaks between sets, do each muscle group on its own day and have a greater variety of exercises.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #251 on: October 27, 2008, 07:00:08 AM »

1) it's fun to do. Basically, i just do several exercises without taking a break in between. When i have completed one cycle, i do another one until i feel exhausted. I change reps and weights around every two weeks, sometimes do super-slow, rest/pause etc, whatever comes to my mind.

2) i burn fat like never before training like this. The constant strain on your muscles, working out for 45-60 minutes without taking a break keeps your heartrate very high. Despite burning off a lot of fat (i can see that in the mirror  ::) ) my bodyweight has gone up, so i think that means i burn fat AND build muscle at the same time.

3) i trained DC before doing giant sets and had real problems in bringing my arms and shoulders up. Somehow (and please don't turn this into  a discussion on how great DC is, natural al  ;D ) DC doesn't work for me. Now i train shoulders and arms each on their separate days and it works great for me.

4) strength: my strength has gone up a great deal since i do giant sets. Like i wrote before, i change reps, weights and training style every 2 weeks, the only thing i keep is doing giant sets, 8 to 10 exercises each workout.

5) i don't do cardio at all yet my endurance keeps getting better. I think this is due to working out without making breaks.

All in all, it's the most fun and interesting training style i have yet come across, if you want to say so. The key point in it is just: Don't do breaks between sets, do each muscle group on its own day and have a greater variety of exercises.

good job man...training has to be FUN (specially if ur not competing/making money from the 'sport')...i think alot of people forget that. training doesnt have to be optimal (as long as you get results), but it does need to be fun or you will soon quit.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #252 on: October 27, 2008, 07:05:25 AM »
good job man...training has to be FUN (specially if ur not competing/making money from the 'sport')...i think alot of people forget that. training doesnt have to be optimal (as long as you get results), but it does need to be fun or you will soon quit.

Having fun is the no 1 thing in training.

Another thing i want to add is that i have been training like this constantly for about a year now and i have never been injured nor had any major problems.

Training DC or HIT were accompanied by constant pain in the joints for me after a few months. I think that the possibility to change so much around is a great advantage of the giant sets.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #253 on: October 27, 2008, 07:11:24 AM »
Having fun is the no 1 thing in training.

Another thing i want to add is that i have been training like this constantly for about a year now and i have never been injured nor had any major problems.

Training DC or HIT were accompanied by constant pain in the joints for me after a few months. I think that the possibility to change so much around is a great advantage of the giant sets.

DC training is too much for most people (burns people out)...and i know several who have injured themselves using that training style. if you wanna bodybuild for more than a few years: dont use DC training.

per gunnar

• Getbig II
« Reply #254 on: October 27, 2008, 07:25:04 AM »
Jusr wondering. Do you never get tired with giant sets. I am thinking like overtraining.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #255 on: October 27, 2008, 07:27:25 AM »
Jusr wondering. Do you never get tired with giant sets. I am thinking like overtraining.

No, because when i'd feel i might overtrain (hasn't happened so far because like i said, i change the weights and rep around all the time), i'd simply do lower weights, slower reps and higher reps for two weeks.

If you put some thought into it, you cannot do much wrong with giant sets.

per gunnar

• Getbig II
« Reply #256 on: October 27, 2008, 11:00:26 AM »
Thank you DonkeyKing. I shall try giant sets in my own training sine I do got too much fat around my waist. And gain muscle as I lose fat.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #257 on: October 27, 2008, 12:12:03 PM »
i wonder how these guys feel ater doing giant sets. i see video of wolf doing a long intense giant set i wonder why he isnt going hypo and getting dizzy since i dont see him sipping any glucose ?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #258 on: October 27, 2008, 06:16:21 PM »
i wonder how these guys feel ater doing giant sets. i see video of wolf doing a long intense giant set i wonder why he isnt going hypo and getting dizzy since i dont see him sipping any glucose ?
Out of breath, light headed, sweaty as hell, pumped like a mofo.....without glucose or anything else.

Personal experience.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #259 on: October 27, 2008, 06:20:19 PM »
Syed Sakhi Shah Chan Charagh Badshah

marcos chacon

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • a muerte !
« Reply #260 on: October 28, 2008, 01:49:22 AM »
How was your romanian experience ? I thought the lights were bad as ussual and the venue looked like a thirdworld country.

Well they could have been better ,will say that way hahaha. not happy a bout my placing ,strange comparissions,well just one more experience

next year bigger and better.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #261 on: November 28, 2008, 04:05:43 AM »
Milos?  :-\

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #262 on: November 28, 2008, 04:28:06 AM »
milos have you ever had a threesome ?

also do you have any experience with dnp ?
175lbs by 31st July

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #263 on: November 28, 2008, 04:29:36 AM »
Hi Milos, what do you think about Dennis Wolfs 2008 Olympia showing?? Do you think he looked better or worse than in 2007 (honestly)??

Could you lead Dennis to the Olympia-title??

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #264 on: November 30, 2008, 06:57:24 AM »
milos WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN US ? :'(
175lbs by 31st July

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #265 on: November 30, 2008, 08:56:52 AM »
PIP this thread :'(
tank u jesus

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #266 on: December 08, 2008, 06:19:54 AM »

interesting. is this in keeping with Milos' techniques?

When you are doing giant sets, are these for the same body part or are you in essence, supersetting different body parts? 

Will have to give this a go, how many sets per body part do you end up doing per workout/week?
It hasn't helped...

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #267 on: December 08, 2008, 07:01:49 AM »
interesting. is this in keeping with Milos' techniques?

When you are doing giant sets, are these for the same body part or are you in essence, supersetting different body parts? 

Will have to give this a go, how many sets per body part do you end up doing per workout/week?

1) I think so. At least, that'smy interpretation of Giant sets and they work great for me.
2) Same bodypart. I do
Mo: Legs
Tue: off
Wed: chest
Thu: back
Fri: off
Sat: shoulder
Sun: arms

3) see 2)

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #268 on: December 08, 2008, 07:08:31 AM »
1) I think so. At least, that'smy interpretation of Giant sets and they work great for me.
2) Same bodypart. I do
Mo: Legs
Tue: off
Wed: chest
Thu: back
Fri: off
Sat: shoulder
Sun: arms

3) see 2)

so for example you might do the following for shoulders;

dumbell shoulder press
lateral dumbell raises
machine shoulder presses
bent lateral dumb raises
?

Guess you would do this three times and then you've done 12 sets for shoulders?  Or would that not be enough?
It hasn't helped...

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #269 on: December 08, 2008, 07:32:47 AM »
so for example you might do the following for shoulders;

dumbell shoulder press
lateral dumbell raises
machine shoulder presses
bent lateral dumb raises
?

Guess you would do this three times and then you've done 12 sets for shoulders?  Or would that not be enough?

For shoulders, i do:

machine lateral raises
upright rows EZ bar
lateral dumbell raises
For example like this:

bent over lateral raises
cable trap rows ( i have explained this before, i'll look it up later)
upright rows cable
shrugs
dumbell shoulder presses

That is ONE set. I will do this 3-4 times, eventually changing some exercises or weights according to how i feel.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #270 on: December 08, 2008, 05:28:22 PM »
I just did shoulders today.......

I did..

Standing Military press/bent over db laterals/standing side laterals/standing db presses  4 sets

then I did.....

bench with a custom bar with vertical handles, like a hammer curl bar but bigger
seated bent over laterals/seated side laterals  3 sets

then barbell shrugs/db shrugs

Threw in some abs at the end.

So about 25 'sets' for shoulders.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

ASJChaotic

« Reply #271 on: December 08, 2008, 05:43:42 PM »
I just did shoulders today.......

I did..

Standing Military press/bent over db laterals/standing side laterals/standing db presses  4 sets

then I did.....

bench with a custom bar with vertical handles, like a hammer curl bar but bigger
seated bent over laterals/seated side laterals  3 sets

then barbell shrugs/db shrugs

Threw in some abs at the end.

So about 25 'sets' for shoulders.

shrugs are not for shoulders, they're for traps which is part of the back muscles, not deltoids, champ.  People always get it wrong.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #272 on: December 08, 2008, 06:19:34 PM »
shrugs are not for shoulders, they're for traps which is part of the back muscles, not deltoids, champ.  People always get it wrong.

Nothing wrong with doing them on shoulder day really.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #273 on: December 08, 2008, 06:22:38 PM »
Who said traps were part of the shoulder, idiot?

Edited: Forgot this was The Positive Board. ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

ASJChaotic

« Reply #274 on: December 08, 2008, 06:36:19 PM »
Who said traps were part of the shoulder, idiot?

Edited: Forgot this was The Positive Board. ::)

"I did shoulders today"

"25 sets for shoulders"

and you include the shrugs in those sets, calm down, I was simply trying to be positive.  :)