Author Topic: Stavios  (Read 8579 times)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
Re: Stavios
« Reply #100 on: July 08, 2008, 01:43:23 PM »
Better to take gear for cosmetic purposes.. You know; to run around in a expensive leased car you don't need lookin all jacked, sporting $400 shades to boot  ;D hahaha

Cometing is a waste of time. You should train to look good, and if you're gonna juice, do it to look good and not because you wanna get oiled up for other men to see

not to mention juicing for vanity purposes has less chance of "but i have to try a higher dosage, the judges said if i added five pounds i'll win next year!!" far greater chance of cycling heavier than you want and sacrificing health when you'd prefer not to when it's in the pursuit of a trophy.

competing drives up drug usage because everyone wants to edge out the other guy. stick to just doing it for your own purposes and at least you can say "hey i look good now, why fuck up my organs?"

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2008, 01:50:58 PM »
not to mention juicing for vanity purposes has less chance of "but i have to try a higher dosage, the judges said if i added five pounds i'll win next year!!" far greater chance of cycling heavier than you want and sacrificing health when you'd prefer not to when it's in the pursuit of a trophy.

competing drives up drug usage because everyone wants to edge out the other guy. stick to just doing it for your own purposes and at least you can say "hey i look good now, why fuck up my organs?"

Don't forget that when you compete you not only use AAS, but also drugs to rid the body of water and massive amounts of stimulants. These other drugs are probably worse than steroids themselves. Plus a lot of body builders self medicate themselves with tons of recreational drugs and alcohol due to the stress of dieting and frustration due to lack of progress and strained relationships.

Don't get me wrong, I respect Stavios and his physique, but think that him not competing = a good thing.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #102 on: July 08, 2008, 02:48:39 PM »
Hey Steevios!

Was up dude? My friend, the jacked dude from the other thread went to see the show.. it was a last minute kind of deal.
If I would have known then I would come along too.

Keep training for the right reasons.. it will be worth it in the end.

I don't believe the dudes competing at the canadian shows are good or better then you. Heck even the american ones are laughable.

Do it with respect and integrity and you will wipe then out soon enough.  8)
just push some weight!

FLYLO

• Getbig III
« Reply #103 on: July 08, 2008, 04:29:28 PM »
I looked my best ever but placed 4 out of 5th in the teen class ! Fucking pathetic

I retired from bodybuilding and I won't compete again, that brought me back to reality !
didn't really expect to win but 4th place is fucking shitty

now I will just train for fun and try to gain muscle mass  :)
and if I decide to do a show again, it won't be until like 10 years of off season  :o

good night people I am going to sleep

Stavios

I'm impressed that you were in the teen class; how old are you?
You've done a lot more than many of the GB members could ever wish to do; you've done a competition; and posted it on this site.  Regardless of all the bad comments; your conditioning was on.  Great job!!  I hope you compete again!  Cheers!

Stavios

« Reply #104 on: July 08, 2008, 05:30:29 PM »
here are some shot, I look pale because of the lightining everyone look pale on the pictures but we were all pretty dark

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2008, 05:32:54 PM »

that's the TEEN class?!?!  :o :o
just not good enough

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2008, 05:33:58 PM »
You look very good Stavios  8)

Stavios

« Reply #107 on: July 08, 2008, 05:35:44 PM »
After seing the pictures, I think I lost because I looked lanky and tall up there.

the other guys were not very big but onstage they look a lot fuller than me (see the line-up picture)

Stavios

« Reply #108 on: July 08, 2008, 05:37:00 PM »

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #109 on: July 08, 2008, 05:38:06 PM »
other than the guy that won...2-4 could have gone absolutely anyway.

you look fantastic mate

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #110 on: July 08, 2008, 05:39:56 PM »

Damn dude...your back looks great, especially in the lat spread!  ;)

Whether you compete again or not is your call, but you definitely could take it far with a set of wheels  ;D
just not good enough

Stavios

« Reply #111 on: July 08, 2008, 05:44:25 PM »

Damn dude...your back looks great, especially in the lat spread!  ;)

Whether you compete again or not is your call, but you definitely could take it far with a set of wheels  ;D

haha thanks a lot man, I think the shape of my legs is great actually , they just need more size.

I think their thickness fit the thickness of my upper-body (I am not thick anywhere so it's in proportion  ???)

I still think I won't compete for a long time, I just want to get bigger for now

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #112 on: July 08, 2008, 05:45:27 PM »
what was the crowd like?   :-X

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #113 on: July 08, 2008, 05:51:20 PM »
that version of the "hand on hips" is now named "the stavios" LOL  ;D  *signature pose*

you looked great dude, awesome job.

philborg

• Getbig II
« Reply #114 on: July 08, 2008, 05:56:24 PM »
bro, you're definitely being too hard on yourself; you look great, especially for 20; just take your time

Moosejay

« Reply #115 on: July 08, 2008, 06:00:54 PM »
bob paris like bod...you could goi very far...take it slow, great looking teen division....does not look like too much drugs, thankfully

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Sponsored by: PVL Sports Nutrition
« Reply #116 on: July 08, 2008, 06:01:06 PM »
Stavios i think iv placed lower then i should have been in past shows, even had a head judge that judged my show telling me i should have won the overall, yet placed 2nd.  Some guys win shows early on in their careers and some win shows later on in their careers.   Take a few years off, build up your overall frame, and compete again and see how u do.  

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #117 on: July 08, 2008, 06:33:06 PM »
Stavios i think iv placed lower then i should have been in past shows, even had a head judge that judged my show telling me i should have won the overall, yet placed 2nd.  Some guys win shows early on in their careers and some win shows later on in their careers.   Take a few years off, build up your overall frame, and compete again and see how u do.  
Good advice 8)

Stavios looked great, no doubt about it

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #118 on: July 08, 2008, 06:35:16 PM »
steve, you could have been second just as easily as 4th.  You improved your lines a LOT since the last show.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #119 on: July 08, 2008, 06:58:10 PM »
here are some shot, I look pale because of the lightining everyone look pale on the pictures but we were all pretty dark
As i said before stavios, you are just in an extremely tough class. Most of the teens in the states are no where near that level, even at teen nationals. Just keep hitting the weights and try to get stronger. Try to do heavy work with low reps. I usually only do 6 sets per muscle group in the offseason and i go as heavy and slow as possible. Just something to think about.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #120 on: July 08, 2008, 07:03:47 PM »
Steve,you looked friggin` great man!!

Don`t get discouraged,just keep on busting ass in the gym and eat good.............you can go a long way in the sport.

Keep pumping !!

Moosejay

« Reply #121 on: July 08, 2008, 07:08:12 PM »
As i said before stavios, you are just in an extremely tough class. Most of the teens in the states are no where near that level, even at teen nationals. Just keep hitting the weights and try to get stronger. Try to do heavy work with low reps. I usually only do 6 sets per muscle group in the offseason and i go as heavy and slow as possible. Just something to think about.

USA teen nat comps look like they are on loads of jucie in comparison

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #122 on: July 08, 2008, 07:25:46 PM »
I looked my best ever but placed 4 out of 5th in the teen class ! Fucking pathetic

I retired from bodybuilding and I won't compete again, that brought me back to reality !
didn't really expect to win but 4th place is fucking shitty

Damn, playa! Are you kidding me?!  :o

The teens ahead of you must've been Olympia caliber 'cause I thought you had it in the bag!

Stavios

« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2008, 09:27:32 PM »
some screenshot from the dvd

saw the prejudging and I definitly placed 4th because of lack of muscle, I'll do a show in a few years with 30-40 pounds heavier 

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2008, 09:33:15 PM »
Looking great stavios

Stay Hungry