Author Topic: Coan Deadlift Program RESULTS (page 18)  (Read 238101 times)

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
Re: Powerlifting for the Strongman
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2008, 12:43:43 PM »
Oh and I found a good vid of overhead extensions by one of the oiled men that most here worship. He has some serious tri's on him and uses the same form only seated and with a pause at the bottom. I believe that pause and release of muscle tension is dangerous in such an exercise but to each his own. Constant tension at all times for me! ;D

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2008, 06:01:04 PM »
Oh and I found a good vid of overhead extensions by one of the oiled men that most here worship. He has some serious tri's on him and uses the same form only seated and with a pause at the bottom. I believe that pause and release of muscle tension is dangerous in such an exercise but to each his own. Constant tension at all times for me! ;D

you've got to be fuccking joking, he uses TWICE the ROM you do on those, the bar barely cleared the top of your head on those standing ones you posted and the bar goes to neck level when he does them. ::)

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2008, 09:27:26 PM »
you've got to be fuccking joking, he uses TWICE the ROM you do on those, the bar barely cleared the top of your head on those standing ones you posted and the bar goes to neck level when he does them. ::)

Still waiting on that 500x5 squat vid, Dave. ;)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2008, 07:24:58 AM »
Still waiting on that 500x5 squat vid, Dave. ;)
hahahaa, as usual you have no answer to what i said. ;D

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2008, 04:02:10 PM »
hahahaa, as usual you have no answer to what i said. ;D

There was no question, genius. ;D Now please answer me: where is your 500x5 squat vid? You couldnt even walk it out much less knock out 5 reps! Until then>>> 8)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2008, 09:45:28 AM »
There was no question, genius. ;D Now please answer me: where is your 500x5 squat vid? You couldnt even walk it out much less knock out 5 reps! Until then>>> 8)

495x12 and 545x5!

The great Sarcasm claimed these lifts.

8)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2008, 12:52:52 PM »

495x12 and 545x5!

The great Sarcasm claimed these lifts.

8)
hahahaha, kind of like the infamous 590 pound bench press at 220 that you claimed but never posted any proof of, right? :D

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2008, 02:12:46 PM »
hahahaha, kind of like the infamous 590 pound bench press at 220 that you claimed but never posted any proof of, right? :D

Yup!

Our claims have something in common!

They only exist on the internet! ;D

Good misdirection, as always.

8)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2008, 07:55:37 AM »
Yup!

Our claims have something in common!

They only exist on the internet! ;D

Good misdirection, as always.

8)

so when can we expect to see some proof of this huge mind boggling bench press? :D

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2008, 11:44:08 AM »
this "questioning any lift that i can't do" crap is starting to get really tiresome. especially when it's coming from a dude that has dodged proving any of his own claims every time he's been called on it. i'll bet we could get a paypal pool going and put $5,000 in it, offered to you for a video of 545x5 below parallel, and you'd still find an excuse to avoid posting a video.

new rule: you're not allowed to say "post a vid or it didn't happen" if you've also made a mountain of unproven claims.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2008, 12:05:07 PM »
this "questioning any lift that i can't do" crap is starting to get really tiresome. especially when it's coming from a dude that has dodged proving any of his own claims every time he's been called on it. i'll bet we could get a paypal pool going and put $5,000 in it, offered to you for a video of 545x5 below parallel, and you'd still find an excuse to avoid posting a video.

new rule: you're not allowed to say "post a vid or it didn't happen" if you've also made a mountain of unproven claims.

We have all called him out on it.

I told him i would post videos of every single meet i have ever done if he posted a video of 1 of his claims, mainly the squats.

This is the sad part about the internet, people can run their mouth and nothing ever comes of it. in real life, I'd bet my salary that he's as passive as a sheep.

I don't call bullshit on peoples lifts because that very reason, plus i have a life and don't really care. the few people on here who have met me know what's up.

8)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2008, 01:24:44 PM »

hahahahaa, fucck your "rule" Captain Skinny/Fat, just the fact that you'd offer 5K shows how much i'm in your head. ;D

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2008, 01:27:10 PM »
We have all called him out on it.

I told him i would post videos of every single meet i have ever done if he posted a video of 1 of his claims, mainly the squats.

This is the sad part about the internet, people can run their mouth and nothing ever comes of it. in real life, I'd bet my salary that he's as passive as a sheep.

I don't call bullshit on peoples lifts because that very reason, plus i have a life and don't really care. the few people on here who have met me know what's up.

8)
hahahaha, i've at least posted some pictures which is more than you've done, let me guess, your job is too "high profile" to post a picture, right?

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2008, 01:35:54 PM »
hahahahaa, fucck your "rule" Captain Skinny/Fat, just the fact that you'd offer 5K shows how much i'm in your head. ;D

it's called a hypothetical dumbass, and the fact that you keep yammering about being in people's heads just shows that you care way too much about message boards. ::)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2008, 01:38:35 PM »
it's called a hypothetical dumbass, and the fact that you keep yammering about being in people's heads just shows that you care way too much about message boards. ::)
hahahhaa, coming from a guy who posts his "training journal" on the same message board. ::)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2008, 01:48:18 PM »
hahahhaa, coming from a guy who posts his "training journal" on the same message board. ::)

i post a training journal because, hey, it helps my workouts by making my progress public. it's a reason i put up videos periodically. there's an extra incentive to not slack. i could, say, not post a journal and just periodically make up some lift claims with no intention of proving it, but that would make me look like a hell of a loser, wouldn't it? :)

but yeah, you keep telling yourself you're the king of ownings and getting into people's heads. that's totally worth all the time you've spent on it. ::)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2008, 02:16:48 PM »
hahahaha, i've at least posted some pictures which is more than you've done, let me guess, your job is too "high profile" to post a picture, right?

Here.

Your move, show us you are not all talk "big guy".

I'll link my website here the minute you post a video.

I know you won't because you're a bitch. ;D

8)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2008, 02:18:24 PM »
I'll save you a post...

Epic XS shirt and 12" neck.

You look like you have never touched a weight in your life.

Meltdown.

8)

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2008, 02:48:46 PM »

Ah, the sliding glass door picture.  My 14-month old son is a better photographer than you.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2008, 03:49:36 PM »
I'll save you a post...

Epic XS shirt and 12" neck.

You look like you have never touched a weight in your life.

Meltdown.

8)

pictures don't mean shit, i've noticed. anyone who says "no way ou lifted that" based on a picture of a guy with a shirt on has obviously never lifted at a serious gym. the 165 pounder at my gym that sumo pulled 495 raw for a triple made me realize that REAL fast.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2008, 03:56:40 PM »
hahahahahahaha, oh man this is great, that's the great 600 pound benching, Westside protocol following, juiced up ex state, national level NPC bodybuilder and national level powerlifter? ;D

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #96 on: October 29, 2008, 04:12:00 PM »
Ah, the sliding glass door picture.  My 14-month old son is a better photographer than you.
coming from the skinny clown who posts pictures taken in his filthy bathroom and piss stained mirror. ::)

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: October 29, 2008, 04:29:58 PM »
coming from the skinny clown who posts pictures taken in his filthy bathroom and piss stained mirror. ::)

Gym bathroom, dingleberry.  Again, how are my pictures worse than your silhouette in a sliding glass door?

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #98 on: October 29, 2008, 04:36:04 PM »
pictures don't mean shit, i've noticed. anyone who says "no way ou lifted that" based on a picture of a guy with a shirt on has obviously never lifted at a serious gym. the 165 pounder at my gym that sumo pulled 495 raw for a triple made me realize that REAL fast.

I wonder how QO feels about the fact that the 140-lb woman on the right would embarrass him completely in the gym.  Let me guess, "monster 8-inch arms in a sweaty Westside t-shirt, what a beast."

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2008, 05:57:24 PM »
I wonder how QO feels about the fact that the 140-lb woman on the right would embarrass him completely in the gym.  Let me guess, "monster 8-inch arms in a sweaty Westside t-shirt, what a beast."

you gotta realize that QO lives in a fantasy world concocted by reading FLEX and Powerlifting USA but never actually doing anything. so to him, you have to look like ed coan or kazmaier in order to have huge lifts, and your form has to look like the bodybuilder magazines. the fact that he's never actually trained with or near serious lifters is pretty obvious.

but it's also obvious that his self-esteem is pretty much built on this delusion of himself as the internet badass making people quake in their boots at one of his "ownages", so i guess i feel kinda bad for trying to take it from him.  :-\