Author Topic: post workout nutrtion and what i saw in videos  (Read 7023 times)

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
post workout nutrtion and what i saw in videos
« on: October 16, 2008, 06:17:26 PM »
ive seen a lot of bodybuiulding videos and i noticedd the pros like to have a shake after-but i hear so many people talk about eatinbg the whole foods posst workout-like they will carry chciken rice to the gym in cooler and eat that-i dunno about that cuz 1) i feel not hungry after lifting heavy and 2)isnt you susposed to take advantage of the window of opportinuty post workout-so like if i eat a big meal of say steaka nd potatoes ill take so long to digesta nd it will be worthless??? but there have been times wher ei will take aminos psot and then go eat ssuhi-i felt good after and i felt good the days after all recovered and stuff-what do yall think?

thank you...
w

aussiepro

• Getbig III
Re: post workout nutrtion and what i saw in videos
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 06:23:33 PM »
as soon as i finish training i have a protien shake and then within the hour i eat a solid meal.
usually steak or chicken. some sort of lean meat with either rice or potatoes
there's no magic pills... just needles

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 06:25:20 PM »
as soon as i finish training i have a protien shake and then within the hour i eat a solid meal.
any carb post workout? or jus the protein?
w

aussiepro

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 06:28:06 PM »
in the protien shake its 30g protien and 30g carbs
in the meal its usually 60-80g protien and about 100g carbs (rice has a shitload of carbs in it so its not that hard to eat that much)
there's no magic pills... just needles

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 06:30:23 PM »

me 2  8)
175lbs by 31st July

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 07:54:04 PM »
thats how you do it
I am a big baby

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 02:40:12 AM »
while there is this "window" post workout, I think alot of the High fructose post workout hype was perpetuated by the great schill Bill Phillips to sell Phosphagen Hp and the INSANLY priced Beta-something (it was that little tub that had creatine and HMB)

honestly (imho), anything postworkout will work

however, I do see benefit in post workout BCAA and a teaspoon of Glutamine

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2008, 02:40:39 AM »
ive seen a lot of bodybuiulding videos and i noticedd the pros like to have a shake after-but i hear so many people talk about eatinbg the whole foods posst workout-like they will carry chciken rice to the gym in cooler and eat that-i dunno about that cuz 1) i feel not hungry after lifting heavy and 2)isnt you susposed to take advantage of the window of opportinuty post workout-so like if i eat a big meal of say steaka nd potatoes ill take so long to digesta nd it will be worthless??? but there have been times wher ei will take aminos psot and then go eat ssuhi-i felt good after and i felt good the days after all recovered and stuff-what do yall think?

thank you...

do you ever forget what name you are posting under?
G

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 02:47:02 AM »
do you ever forget what name you are posting under?
Yes, Natfag83/Bluto/Blue Devil/(insert gimmick here)/etc. seem to get confused about which account "they" are on quite frequently. :-\

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 03:32:55 AM »
Shut the fuck up you retarded piece of shit.  No one likes you.  Drop dead.

Spot on

aliamini

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm that damn good
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 03:51:30 AM »
The shake is not essential … u can have a solid meal after a workout … The whole 3 hour window post workout shake/meal is a myth … it was championed through magazines … if u have enough nutrient in your blood your body will compensate for everything … the key is to have constant protein flowing in your blood stream …

Spiking insulin is an option depending on your goals … and that should be introduced while the body is pumped up and blood flow is at its max … during workout or not more than 30 minutes post workout …

Amino acid pills are worthless … I asked some of the retail supplement shops about why do they still get amino acids … well the answer was “we sell them well and people ask for it” still people live by the myth that if u take amino acids you will be stronger … yet amino acids are protein … a delicious scope of why protein shake gives you 20-30g protein which is around 10-15 large tabs of amino acid which hurts your throat when u swallow them … and taking amino acids with protein shakes is another mistake … any type of protein must get converted to amino acids to get absorbed by the body ... meaning any type of protein will get converted to amino acids (that is the first step of the protein digestion)

I guess still people get hypnotized by the magazine ads and articles … you got to keep in mind that articles are written to market a certain product or approach to ensure the constant sale of certain product …

These days you see a lot of ads in the mags saying take glutamine + argentine pre and post workout … where if someone looks close to these to substances and how they work … they compete against each other once when getting digested … glutamine digests to ammonia and argentine to nitric oxide … where ammonia overpowers nitric oxide and you lose the benefit of it … the same reason why you should take calcium and zinc at the same time … and the zink + calcium + magnesium is one of the useless supplements that u can take

BCAA is a whole different thing as I am a big advocate of HMB … for muscle gain and some medical cases

And fructose can’t be stored as muscle glycogen or used as a source of energy … even the glycogen in the liver … which is fructose … doesn’t take it from the stomach directly … the body converts some of the blood sugar to fructose … so don’t think that is u eat only 25g fructose a day it will go to the liver … everything that goes in the stomach has to be digested and then converted and transported to wherever the body sees fit

DX

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 04:01:40 AM »
while there is this "window" post workout, I think alot of the High fructose post workout hype was perpetuated by the great schill Bill Phillips to sell Phosphagen Hp and the INSANLY priced Beta-something (it was that little tub that had creatine and HMB)

honestly (imho), anything postworkout will work

however, I do see benefit in post workout BCAA and a teaspoon of Glutamine
I think there IS no window ..

you can eat even 2-3 hours after a workout ...nothingwill hapen

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 05:43:04 AM »
The shake is not essential … u can have a solid meal after a workout … The whole 3 hour window post workout shake/meal is a myth … it was championed through magazines … if u have enough nutrient in your blood your body will compensate for everything … the key is to have constant protein flowing in your blood stream …

Spiking insulin is an option depending on your goals … and that should be introduced while the body is pumped up and blood flow is at its max … during workout or not more than 30 minutes post workout …

Amino acid pills are worthless … I asked some of the retail supplement shops about why do they still get amino acids … well the answer was “we sell them well and people ask for it” still people live by the myth that if u take amino acids you will be stronger … yet amino acids are protein … a delicious scope of why protein shake gives you 20-30g protein which is around 10-15 large tabs of amino acid which hurts your throat when u swallow them … and taking amino acids with protein shakes is another mistake … any type of protein must get converted to amino acids to get absorbed by the body ... meaning any type of protein will get converted to amino acids (that is the first step of the protein digestion)

I guess still people get hypnotized by the magazine ads and articles … you got to keep in mind that articles are written to market a certain product or approach to ensure the constant sale of certain product …

These days you see a lot of ads in the mags saying take glutamine + argentine pre and post workout … where if someone looks close to these to substances and how they work … they compete against each other once when getting digested … glutamine digests to ammonia and argentine to nitric oxide … where ammonia overpowers nitric oxide and you lose the benefit of it … the same reason why you should take calcium and zinc at the same time … and the zink + calcium + magnesium is one of the useless supplements that u can take

BCAA is a whole different thing as I am a big advocate of HMB … for muscle gain and some medical cases

And fructose can’t be stored as muscle glycogen or used as a source of energy … even the glycogen in the liver … which is fructose … doesn’t take it from the stomach directly … the body converts some of the blood sugar to fructose … so don’t think that is u eat only 25g fructose a day it will go to the liver … everything that goes in the stomach has to be digested and then converted and transported to wherever the body sees fit

DX

i disagree with you on the anabolic window - and agree with you on the amino tabs - although i would also add bcaa tabs to that too - a scoop of whey is fine IMO.
175lbs by 31st July

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2008, 05:57:32 AM »

thank you...

What the fuck did you just say?  ???

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2008, 06:02:47 AM »
I think there IS no window ..

I honestly agree

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2008, 06:08:21 AM »
I honestly agree
noone asked for your oppinion skinny

STFU

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 06:26:19 AM »
noone asked for your oppinion skinny

STFU

bruce lee was skinny too

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2008, 06:28:21 AM »

not when you eat a bowl of soup  ::)
175lbs by 31st July

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2008, 06:36:50 AM »
the 'window of opportunity' thing is just an illution,,marketers use it to sell their crap to most of the small minded delutionals just like most here in GB

BlueDevil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2008, 06:45:34 AM »

excellent question nw83

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2008, 07:02:09 AM »
not when you eat a bowl of soup  ::)
tha's prolly the dumbest reply in the hystory of getbig ...

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2008, 07:22:17 AM »

thank you...
Some trainer...

Some gimmick...

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2008, 07:29:50 AM »
post workout root beer or chocolate milk is best.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2008, 07:55:06 AM »
the 'window of opportunity' thing is just an illution,,marketers use it to sell their crap to most of the small minded delutionals just like most here in GB

no its not - studies back it up 100%
175lbs by 31st July

aliamini

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm that damn good
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2008, 08:33:31 AM »
Ever thought of who made those studies, who funded the studies and where you read them … supplement companies … either they do a study and post it in their ads or a university does it where the whole project of testing is funded by a mutual interest party … again a supplement company or a magazine … mags have to advertise that to champion the idea and encourage supplements companies to advertise in their magazine … thus generate more money from the advertisers who will make money from readers

Of course the damage has done already and a lot of people will refuse to think twice or give a thought to what I just said cause it has been the trend for the past couple of decades … if not more … just keep in mind and think when does the actual muscle building process occur … while u r sleeping i.e. u should have enough digested nutrients in your system to do that whole building process …

Not that I hate the idea of a shake post work out or say that spiking insulin won’t make you grow but u can still get the same gains from regular food … and it will actually keep some leaner (less body fat) … but again it depend on the body type