Author Topic: Annoying people in the gym...  (Read 38431 times)

LLES

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Annoying people in the gym...
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2005, 01:08:16 PM »
or how about the guy who interrupts you for a spot (no prob) & then proceeds to psyche himself up for the next 5-10 min while maxing at 185 ( no prob. we all start somewhere) for 1-2 reps w horrible form & then when you try to get away, they chase you down for all additional spots

Icarus

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2005, 07:01:31 PM »
The fat idiot who brings his 13 year old in and 'trains' him.  The problem here is that he doesn't know sh*t himself and triews to make us as he goes.  For example, on the Smith Bench press, tells his kid "No son, you have to get you hands as wide as possible, to activate more pec muscle"

Yeah this is just about as bad as the roided up dad takeing his 12-13yr old son to the gym to teach him life lessons. Get out and have fun, there, there is your life lesson.
Squats and Deadlifts make the world go round.

quickerblade

« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2005, 07:27:03 PM »
then when you try to get away, they chase you down for all additional spots

I hate those people, you give them one spot then they think its their right to ask you each time, i hate it when they walk the length of the gym to ask you and pass 10 other members ;D

overmannr

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2005, 04:41:23 AM »
I posted this in another thread but it fits so nicely right here

Getbig!

View Profile Email Personal Message (Online)    
   New gym rules
« on: March 26, 2005, 09:11:04 PM »    Reply with quote Modify message Remove message
Okay, I have some new rules for some of the people at my gym. Tell your freinds

#1 the lady using the thigh-machine as furniture.

>those might look like chairs, lady, but they are for exercise. You might think that doing 1/20th of a rep with 5 lbs while havinng a conversation justifies you staying seated there for 15 f**king minutes at a time- let me assure you- the real athletes in the gym are peeee-yist at you for stealing their equipment. Try talking in the locker room or in the hallways. God forbid you actually USE those the equipment for fitness purposes

#2 Mr. freindly

>You may notice I am wearing headphones. that is so I can't hear people talking about their girlfreinds, jock itch, their parents...

If you see me working out do not talk to me in the middle of a set to ask me how I got so big, learned to move quickly became flexable, are you a black belt- in fact unless my hair is on fire, don't talk to me. If the gym is on fire, I will take care of myself(certainly not you). If you want to know how to get big, watch reading rainbow and learn how to use a f**king library.

If you want to talk to me in the locker room, the hallways or when it looks like I am resting, I may respond politely. if you stop me mid-set for anything, I expect a catastrophy of 9/11 proportions

#3 the jokester.

>When you see me doing windsprints, or kicking  in a strait line do not run in front of me. there is a reason I go to the most secluded part of the gym for these exercises. If your face plows into my foot at 90 mph and I kick the stupid out of you- it looks more like it must be your own fault.

Mayby, if you were fourteen and drunk it could be a little bit funny. But if I plow into you or accidentally kick you because you are snickering when you should be dodgeing me only one of us is going to get into trouble, and I am not completely sure its going to be you. If you want to know what it feels like to be kicked in the face, let me know (between sets) and I will kindly take you out back.

#4 the old fat lady with the playboy tatoo

>Wear more clothes. That is all.

#5 The skinny guy swinging a dumbell half of his weight at seven reps a second.

>You know what? Keep up the good work. sure. I mean, we have a red telephone in the corner of the gym, what is the worst thing that could happen?

#6 The fat fitness instructor.

>Do not come up to me in the middle of a set and tell me I am using too much weight. My reps are slow and controlled. I lift the full stack on most of the leg machines simply because I train heavy and because I  train smart. If my form ever slips all of the real weight room attendants (You can recognize them because they look like bodybulders) will jump on me, quickly.

In fact, I will make you a deal. If I ever want to look fat and old, you will be the very first person I go to. Till then, keep to your scrawney out of shape cronies.

Thank you

the guy in the last rule pisses me off the most because he leads an aerobics/ cross training class three times a week during primetime. not only can  I not use anything for an hour while he is teaching (weak shitty exercises too) but when he is done and I can use the weight room again it is contaminated- no - saturated with out of shape  newbs that swear that circut training is the way to go.  most of the guys in my list are a problem immidiatly following this fatasses class

gymrat1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2005, 04:59:35 PM »

17. That one guy who is always there at the gym no matter what time you go.

The gyms where I go have someone like him. Don't he and people like him have homes?

I'd like to point out some more annoying people in gyms:

1. Old men who walk on the pool floor lengthwise & width-wise.

2. A guy who shadow-boxes in the pool

3. Ones who wear rubber or plastic suits, or heavy clothes in the sauna or steam room to "sweat off pounds."

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2005, 08:39:00 PM »
The woman with the gender identity crisis. Lifts heavy (for a woman) but with BAAAAAD form and LOTS OF LOUND GRUNTS AND SCREAMS so she can be sure she gets your attention. She is muscular but really looks like dog cr#p because she only trains legs once every two weeks and back once a week. The rest is chest. She's also about one sandwhich short of a picknick and likes to talk about how yesterday when she was at the gym "bodybuilding". She thinks she knows it all most of the time. Oh yeah, she treats her boyfriend like he is her b***h.

The guy who workouts out really hard, but does absofreakinlutely nothing correct. You can't talk to him to give him pointers because he wears headphones all the time and closes his eyes when he is doing a set.

We must lift at the same gym.  There is one of each at mine.

The poor guy in the second example lifts with bad form, but also at three times the speed as anybody else.  We call him "Top Speed"...
Motherboy (the band).

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2005, 09:01:25 PM »
1) Any retired person who has all day to lift, but decides to go during the busy hours - to socialize (and get in the way on the equipment I want to use).

2) The gym manager who refuses to buy new (needed) equipment.  Yes, grip tape is needed on the leg press...

3) The guys who don't lift legs ever - "I do cardio for my legs".  Get some work ethic!

4) People that take an extended amount of time off, but then squeeze into the spandex that they have outgrown.

5) Anybody who blow dries ANY part of their body below the neck!  (Unfortunately I think I've seen it all)

6) The perv that might be masterbating in the hot tub.

7) Trainers that train every person with the same program.  Look, I'm sure not every one of your clients has the same goals.

8)  The guy who loads up the smith machine for squats then goes down about 2 inches. 

9) The power lifters that don't unload their equipment - manners people...

10) Anybody in flip flops.  Why even go to the gym, what can you do in sandals besides walk to the sauna?

11) The "socks pulled up" crowd.  If you don't have calves, maybe you should work them instead of buying knee highs.

12) Always overly tan guy.  I can't wait to see this guy in two years, looking 6 years older with liver spots.

13) People that talk about what they benched in high school.

14) Upper body only lifters.  "Yes, you have big arms.  They are bigger than your thighs."

15) The people that have like 1 or 2 sets of workout clothes.  There is no way these people do the wash each night after the gym so the clothes are clean for the next workout.

Man, my gym is annoying.   ::)
Motherboy (the band).

H4eafy

• Getbig III
  • I will Stop Procrastinating... Tomorrow
« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2005, 10:48:49 AM »
I think the people who do the karate moves out in public are just idiots.

Yup,

Karate is shite anyway, those guys got their asses kicked in the ufc!

lilbigDawg

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2005, 11:13:33 AM »
I hate those people, you give them one spot then they think its their right to ask you each time, i hate it when they walk the length of the gym to ask you and pass 10 other members ;D
Ok unfortunatley I'm guilty of this one  :'(
I work out alone and if I need a spot when lifting heavy, I politely ask.  The reason I'll ask the same person is some people just dont know how to spot.

Annoying people
#1 Based on above (me I guess)
#2 The guy who loads up the flat bench with 405. proceeds to do some sort of mini elbow bend with it.  screams for two reps(?) and then you overhear him tell everyone he can put up 405 for 3!

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2005, 11:52:50 AM »
in my gym there are any gods amount of plates seriously 200+ ranging from .5kg to 20kg. Anyway me and my mate were benchin the other day and for whatever reason this gym has only 3 12.5kg plates which is kinda strange. Anyway we were using these and this guy insists on coming oiver and askin for them. Why? we were using them. could he not be a gimp adn just use a 10kg and 2.5kg to make it up. he was so annoying. Thats what i would do anyway.

Moreover he wears 3/4 length trousers is kinda fat and wears a vest.

4 3/4 inch club

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: April 06, 2005, 12:15:17 PM »
The worst is when you go into the bathroom to take a leak and theres a dude blowdrying his hair nude.

Biggrnyou

• Getbig II
  • Whether you think you can/can't-you're right
« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2005, 01:38:00 PM »
A few of my own:

1. Guys with fewer than ten posts that want to join in......oooops that's me!

2.  The five fat giggling girls that decide to use the leg press machine on my leg day.

3.  The "wife beater tank top and lots of hair gel" weighing in at 150 lbs club.

4.  Johny Cell Phone

5.  The "trainers" that look like they just got off the bus from school....seriously, I think you can't work at my gym if you are older than eighteen and weigh more than 165.

6.  The "cardio theater".....seriously.

7.  Since I am a big guy, people seem to always ask me for a spot....I love the "just give me a little help here, I'm going for eight reps" guy.  Before you know it, he's halfway through the first rep and your both struggling to re-rack the weight.

8.  THE "I think I'll leave my lock on my locker year round" clowns.

9.  The guys who wear tshirts eight sizes too small so the sleeves hug their 13" arms.

10.  Johnny "Flex my chest everywhere I go".

11.  Arm Band tattoo willie....dude, if they charged by the inch, I bet you got a great deal on that tattoo!

12.  The daycare center.....these gyms are more like the mall anymore, tanning salons, fruit drink bars, day care, cardio cinemas.....and this is a Golds Gym!!

13.  There are many, many more.....but I'll finish with this one.  How 'bout the spandex guy who gets on the eliptical (sp?) machine and goes balls out for exactly four minutes and then goes over to tan.....btw there is a similar thread on Training Q and A...lots more examples, it's hilarious!
Perfect Practic

SWTYGRL

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2005, 07:27:30 PM »
The women have the annoying naked chick...no you don't want to see her...she has a flesh apron from where she's lost 90 lbs and still has a way to go...yuch! 

The women also have the chick who scraps the callouses off her feet in the locker room and leaves a pile of dead skin on the floor..yuch!

Let's not forget the dude who walks by plenty of men to ask me to spot him while he's on the bench.  He "just needs help with that last rep"...I say yes then realize all he is after is a view from down under...He is tilting his head back and keeps taking deep breaths and blowing out and up my crotch....yes this where I walk away.

gymrat1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2005, 11:59:07 AM »
1) Any retired person who has all day to lift, but decides to go during the busy hours - to socialize (and get in the way on the equipment I want to use).

I know how you feel.  Again, the ones at the gym where I go hang out by the pool and stare at me blankly. One of them had what Sweaty Girl calls a "flesh apron."

6) The perv that might be masterbating in the hot tub.

LOL

Man, my gym is annoying.   ::)

I can see what you're getting at. There could be annoying people at the most expensive gyms.

McCrackheads Back

• Getbig IV
  • Girl you know I miss you...
« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2005, 01:31:04 PM »
I have skipped to the end of this thread to vent....

I normally stay away from gym idiot threads because a lot of posts are ways for people to brag about how much they lift...

But anyway, here goes. Its leg day. After warming up and then doing 4 heavy set of 15, I go to the leg press. I do 4 sets one leg at a time, then loaded the fucker up with 28 plates.

I strap myself in and am ready to go. Then I notice a skinny asian dude is leaning on the plates stacked onto the 45 degree leg press - apparently oblivious to the fact that I was about to start pushing it. He's on his cell phone and dancing on the spot to the gym music.

I try for about a minute to make eye contact with the guy. I finally do and motion (politely) for him to get off the rack so I can start my set. He acknowledges me but stays there. I wait another 30 seconds and he's showing no signs of getting out of the way, still dancing and on his cell and now avoiding eye contact.

I figure I gave him fair warning and wasnt about to climb out of the leg press, so I unlocked the weight stack and rammed the weight stack up as hard as I could. The obvious result occured - the weight caught him in the chin, knocked his cell out of his hand and sent him realing backwards.

It was then my turn to avoid eye contact and pretend nothing happened while I did my set. He wasnt in the gym by the time I climbed out of the leg press but Im guessing it broke skin and maybe then some.

Word to the wise. If you dont want to get hit by a weight stack - dont lean on it.

gymrat1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2005, 05:06:34 PM »
It's annoying when I have to put up with someone else's obnoxious, whiny kids.

Adam Empire: Does your gym let members sit nude in the hot tub? Just curious.

man from oz

« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2005, 05:35:55 PM »
the bloke who rolls his shoulders so much while doing shrugs you can almost here his rotator cuff going

and the one who uses every muscle but back doing lat pulldowns

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2005, 07:49:55 PM »
You people are HYSTERICAL!  Definitely my favorite site for laughs. 

1.  The guy who fucks the weight racks, after picking out his dumbells.
....move back   ...move back   ....do the Curlaway

2. 2nd rate juiceheads, pretty much everyone  "on" except pros or people who compete
...if you're going to take gear, at least look better than me

3. People who wear too much red
...gangs went out of style years ago

4. Guys who wear "All Natural" shirts and think their shit don't stink
...wait...that's me

5. Half assers
...I feel like you're wasting your life in the gym and your time would be better spent cooking my meals

6. Cell phone guys
...unless you're making over $100,000yr...there is no reason to be talking on that stupid thing

7. Women with implants
...It's very old already.  Any skank can go to the doctor for velcroed titties.  To get attention for all that no work, makes me sick.  Big turnoff.  Probably like I am to most of them..hah

8. Middle aged guys on gear
...Your youth is over...let it go

9. Kids on gear
...Weak as all hell, bloated beyond belief, broken out, think people don't know they're on

10. Anyone who trains with more than one person
...very gay 

11. People who talk to loudly "scream" at their partner to get up 50lbs dumbells for military press

12. Anyone who only does cardio

13. Speed Bicycle guys

14. Dickstains with too many tattoos
...wait that's me

15. Guys who carry bags the size of my trunk
...wait that's me too

16. Guys who wear baseball hats to hide their receding hairline
...me

17. Guys who write about other guys at their gym
...Getbig.com

Croatch on...
N

Bast1

« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2005, 08:40:19 PM »
I just hate when people stare at me when I lift, especially when I lift more weight than they can handle,  they give you looks.

Also hate when girls lift 5 or 10lbs dumbells like (training with low intensity and getting nothing out of it) or girls that do 30+ reps on the machines or bench's while you wait for them.

Farmboy

• Getbig I
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2005, 08:44:56 PM »
I had two guys start soaping each other in the shower. Now THATS annoying!!! >:(
shut up and train!!

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2005, 09:45:48 PM »

Adam Empire: Does your gym let members sit nude in the hot tub? Just curious.

No, but there are two rather big hot tubs (fit 20 people each) that can be up to your neck when you sit in them.  The jets are very powerful and so there is no way to see through the water.  After the first time I saw an old dude with a "sex face" expression, I never went in again.  Makes you think...
Motherboy (the band).

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2005, 04:35:28 AM »
EVERYONE except the hot chicks annoy me and get in my way....

>:(

gymrat1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2005, 02:34:31 PM »
You people are HYSTERICAL!  Definitely my favorite site for laughs. 

I get a laugh out of posts about annoying people in the gym, also.

14. Dickstains with too many tattoos
...wait that's me

The guy who did the head-stand was heavily tattooed. I wish I could get him to wear more clothes.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2005, 05:41:53 PM »
I had two guys start soaping each other in the shower. Now THATS annoying!!! >:(

Now that is just WRONG  :-X
:

BodyDropped

« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2005, 07:58:38 PM »