Author Topic: how much do you think i weighed  (Read 13908 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: how much do you think i weighed
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2008, 09:58:46 PM »
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2008, 10:27:26 PM »
between 160 and 180

phemonmmill32

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2008, 10:36:23 PM »
i'm 5'11, 190, similar structure to you and have no problem w/ biomechanics.. sounds like a cop out to me

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2008, 01:46:03 AM »
ive never done squats,  since i started ive only ever done leg press hack squats and leg extensions. my bio mechanics just arent set up for squatting, and actually i get the best results from heavy leg press and drop sets on leg extension.
Your pins are loking good for not squating then.
What are the problems you have when you try to squat?
Is it a balance thing?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2008, 11:24:33 AM »
ive had people try to teach me how to squat... the problem is i alreayd know how.. i watch videos and watch people all the time... but when i do it by back is forced down in front of me and i end up dooing goodmornings with just a touch of legs...     i can do squats if i do a sumo stancewith my feet pointing out to the sides..

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2008, 12:36:39 PM »
my biomechanics really just dont allow me to do them. i could do 145 though, ill try that out windsor, but if i try anything over 225, its impossible... you guys would be dying in laughter if you saw me try to squat. but light weights i can do... it just dont feel like im doing nothing... my legs are strong.. i do real good form a leg press and go super deep (as far as i can o ) and i dont use my stomach to bounce off either.. and ill easily do 10 plates a side for sets of 15
::)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2008, 12:40:01 PM »
ive had people try to teach me how to squat... the problem is i alreayd know how.. i watch videos and watch people all the time... but when i do it by back is forced down in front of me and i end up dooing goodmornings with just a touch of legs...     i can do squats if i do a sumo stancewith my feet pointing out to the sides..

Well if its that big of a deal and u really want to squat bad.

Try front squatting, you cant have bad form with those or you'll lose the bar. The bar placement forces u to stay upright, so give those a try and then u cant complain :)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2008, 12:41:09 PM »
Well if its that big of a deal and u really want to squat bad.

Try front squatting, you cant have bad form with those or you'll lose the bar. The bar placement forces u to stay upright, so give those a try and then u cant complain :)
you bastard ! lol. i do occasionally do front squats on smith machine. maybe once a month.
ill start doing em more.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2008, 12:43:15 PM »
you bastard ! lol. i do occasionally do front squats on smith machine. maybe once a month.
ill start doing em more.

Free weight barbell front squatting! No smith machine! thats only for old fat guys, or milos during a 34 exercise giant set ;D!! Your too young to be using that kiddo  ;)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2008, 12:45:05 PM »
Free weight barbell front squatting! No smith machine! thats only for old fat guys, or milos during a 34 exercise giant set ;D!! Your too young to be using that kiddo  ;)
yeah man but he's SO TALL at 5'10" i mean that's just gargantuan, shit that's 2 inches less than 6 feet!!!! that's one TALL dude. ::)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2008, 12:47:51 PM »
How much are you squatting these days?
the bar and a quarter on each side, look at these MASSIVE legs. :o ;D

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2008, 12:48:15 PM »
ill try free wight front squatting and also try the higher rep light weight normal squats...  quake i didnt say im tall.. but now im 5'11 not 5'10  8)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2008, 12:49:15 PM »
ill try free wight front squatting and also try the higher rep light weight normal squats...  quake i didnt say im tall.. but now im 5'11 not 5'10  8)
sounds to me like you're just making excuses not to squat.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2008, 12:52:25 PM »
sounds to me like you're just making excuses not to squat.
if it was a natural movement for mee then id be hitting it every leg day.. i tried for about a year to squat every leg deay and everytime it left me frustrated and with a sore back..

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2008, 12:55:25 PM »
if it was a natural movement for mee then id be hitting it every leg day.. i tried for about a year to squat every leg deay and everytime it left me frustrated and with a sore back..

Front Squat! start super light, just getting form down, dont try to break any records and do the movement correctly, then once u have it down u cant start adding weight and since ur form will  be perfect you wont ever get injured!

Now go stop posting, and start front squatting!!! :)

Oh yea, and there is a reason, u never see guys at the gym front squatting............... Because its hard!!!!! So when u feel those quads burning, and have the biggest pump you've ever had in ur thighs, u cant thank ol' flexington and quaker oats for giving u the cahones to give them a shot ;D

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2008, 12:58:19 PM »
::) everybodies back gets sore from squats, as long as your legs get sore as well you're fine, honestly this bullshit of "i'm not suited for them" when you're only average height at best is just excuse making, it's not like you're 6'10".

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2008, 01:04:58 PM »
Candizzle, I squat every week WITHOUT FAIL and I'm exactly the same height as you. There's no excuses.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2008, 01:19:22 PM »
im not making excuses lol and flex was the one who attributed my inability to squat correctly to my height not me.. i think its just the way my legs and torso work together...

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2008, 02:12:11 PM »
Focus on a spot on the wall slighly above eye level,stay tight throughout(whole body),descend slowly,and explode outta` the hole...........get re-set and go again.

Most likely either weak lower back,bad form,weights too heavy (ego lifting),or just freakin` lazy!!  :)

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2008, 02:26:32 PM »
if you dont squat you shouldn't be able to do arms or chest or anything like that. The gym would be a much quieter place.

phemonmmill32

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2008, 02:35:22 PM »
i concur w/ the others

b/w fronts, leg presses, and hacks i'd pick at least 2 of the 3 every workout and maybe even throw some deadlifts in there if you don't do them on back day

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2008, 02:42:50 PM »
Focus on a spot on the wall slighly above eye level,stay tight throughout(whole body),descend slowly,and explode outta` the hole...........get re-set and go again.
Most likely either weak lower back,bad form,weights too heavy (ego lifting),or just freakin` lazy!!  :)

thats great im gonna try that

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2008, 02:43:28 PM »
I can't squat = I have sand in my clit
G

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2008, 02:45:00 PM »
if you dont squat you shouldn't be able to do arms or chest or anything like that. The gym would be a much quieter place.
::) okay 'brent' mr 265 lber with a 220lb body..

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2008, 03:18:24 PM »
Taylor,start out really light and do 5 sets of 10.........add 10 pounds weekly just for starters and to find the groove.