Author Topic: Hip Joint Pain  (Read 3781 times)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Hip Joint Pain
« on: December 30, 2008, 09:34:27 PM »
I've always been an extremely weak squatter.  Tonight I got some strong pain in my hip joint.  I have really good form, anyone know what could cause that? 

???
S

The Coach

Re: Hip Joint Pain
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 10:32:02 PM »
I've always been an extremely weak squatter.  Tonight I got some strong pain in my hip joint.  I have really good form, anyone know what could cause that? 

???

This should be moved to the injury board. But pumpster seems to be a little confused on what a training question is as opposed to and Injury and rehab question.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 10:38:41 PM »
Do you always warm up well before squats?

I noticed an improvement in my squats and squatting comfort since i started stretching my hip flexors more. Maybe give that a go..... :-\
No doubt about it...

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 10:44:03 PM »
Do you always warm up well before squats?

I noticed an improvement in my squats and squatting comfort since i started stretching my hip flexors more. Maybe give that a go..... :-\

This is most likely what the problem is.

Make sure to stretch the hip flexor and also the glutes.

Stretch the hip flexor pretty hard for a few weeks.

You can also try to use your thumb to massage on the sore area, most likely it's a cramping muscle.

Add pressure to the area for 10-15 seconds, the relieve it for 10-15, and repeat 2-3 times.

Do that once or twice a day for a few days, and you can also do it before and inbetween squat sets, preventing and releasing the cramps.

One final notice: Make sure you are balanced, ie you need to be equally flexible in both legs.

It's usually an inbalance that causes this problem. It also makes you tilt slightly to one side when squatting down
As empty as paradise

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 10:15:17 AM »
Thanks for the information everyone!

I do warm up, but I'll warm up better now, and start stretching!
S

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 10:16:05 AM »
One final notice: Make sure you are balanced, ie you need to be equally flexible in both legs.

It's usually an inbalance that causes this problem. It also makes you tilt slightly to one side when squatting down

Thanks, I'll check that also.
S