Author Topic: Ripitupbaby's 2009 Powerlifting Log  (Read 74960 times)

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
Re: Ripitupbaby's 2009 Powerlifting Log
« Reply #375 on: July 10, 2009, 04:17:07 AM »
rip is a powerful woman who's gonna score a boatload of drugs in FLA and start her own cocaine cartel in New Hampshire....

;D  :o

40 minute hill walk outside this morning...first time outside this year, and it was nice, although the walk kicked my ass.  I'm deadlifting tonight!

:)

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #376 on: July 10, 2009, 02:12:58 PM »
I love you....Lets have wee deadlifting babies heehee.

Davie
It isn't the mountains ah

yng466

• Getbig III
« Reply #377 on: July 10, 2009, 07:36:50 PM »
rip is a powerful woman who's gonna score a boatload of drugs in FLA and start her own cocaine cartel in New Hampshire....
"SAY HELLO TO MY LIL' FRIEND!!" She would'nt even bother with anything as small as a boatload! ;)
PARTY LIKE A PIRATE!

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #378 on: July 11, 2009, 06:23:05 PM »
rip is a powerful woman that does powerful things, because if powerful people don't do powerful things, technically, they forfeit the right to be called powerful people..

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #379 on: July 12, 2009, 10:03:26 AM »
LOL @ all of you... Now Davie, you made me forget what my deadlift workout on Friday was!  :D
Nice avatar Geo...

It was a pretty decent workout but I forget the details now.  I think I DL'ed 235x3 for a few sets, did some SLDLs, hyperextensions, and good mornings.  My hams were fried this weekend.  OH, I did some speed bench work as well.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #380 on: July 21, 2009, 12:39:54 PM »
rip is a powerful woman who quit lifting because she's too busy baking cakes and hosting tupperware partys like "good little pets" should....

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #381 on: July 21, 2009, 02:09:28 PM »
bakeitupbaby has turned in the weights for an apron? Say it aint so!

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #382 on: July 21, 2009, 03:04:50 PM »

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #383 on: July 22, 2009, 05:33:59 AM »
hahaha bakeitupbaby threw her back out squatting one week ago and can hardly move!   >:(

Saw my chiro last week, but I reinjured it last night, and I am on the road for work until the end of this week.  I'm screwed... breathing hurts, sleeping is not good at all, and the entire left side of my back is seized up. 

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #384 on: July 22, 2009, 08:50:46 AM »
sorry you tweaked your back...

hope you find a way to speed up the solution..

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #385 on: July 22, 2009, 01:40:10 PM »
Sorry to hear about the back. I tweak mine every so often and it takes a week or two to repair. Yours sounds a bit worse.

Get well soon, bake...errr...rip! ;)

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #386 on: July 25, 2009, 07:48:01 AM »
I honestly don't know how this shit happens.   >:(
I wasn't even squatting heavy, and then I popped a rib back out adjusting myself in a fkn chair.  It was the first set with my belt, and the only thing I can think is that maybe my belt somehow threw my hips off a little when I went down. 

Anyway, I went to a chiropractor while I was out of town this week.  She was really good, actually.  She popped my rib back in on Weds, which was one of the most painful things I have ever experienced.  I almost puked!  I thought for a second as I was gasping for air that she broke my back hahahaha.  But after the initial shock settled down, she did a bunch of deep tissue on my back and ribs (left side), and then a bunch of elctro-stim...so things started to finally settle down back there to the point where i could at least move and breathe. 

I felt like I was getting better but then things tightened up alot Thurs. night.  So I went back for more torture yesterday.  She used some device to do the deep tissue, and I dont even know what it was... but it felt like a metal comb.  She "combed" really deep all over my back and all along my ribs.  HOLY SHIT that was painful, but almost in a good way.  Now I am just bruised and battered and beaten, but I think that shit really helped.  I was actually able to roll over on my sides last night in my sleep for like a minute before the pain would wake me up.  That's progress! 

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #387 on: July 25, 2009, 08:14:31 AM »
my advice.Take some serious time off.Like 2-3 months at least.You put your body threw alot getting ready for your bodybuilding show.Then you hopped right into powerlifting and more events.This can take a toll on a 20 something thats geared up.Let alone someone like me or you that aren't exactly spring chickens in these sports anymore.
DAWG

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #388 on: July 25, 2009, 12:17:20 PM »
my advice.Take some serious time off.Like 2-3 months at least.You put your body threw alot getting ready for your bodybuilding show.Then you hopped right into powerlifting and more events.This can take a toll on a 20 something thats geared up.Let alone someone like me or you that aren't exactly spring chickens in these sports anymore.
RIP I know you have a warrior mentality but I am also starting to get worried with the amount of injuries you have been getting............

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #389 on: July 25, 2009, 04:15:15 PM »
Well... there's no way that I'm taking that kind of time off, but I've been chillin' for about 6 weeks now, like just lifting light a few times a week and doing different stuff.  I haven't really trained heavy or hard in a while!
I train pretty smart (I think  ;D) and this back injury is something unfortunate.  I think it's actually partly due to me not being on my game mentally too, but that's why I am chillin' right now.  Other than my occasional back problems and a stupid nagging quad muscle that I like to bitch about, I think I've done pretty good to keep myself in good health (knocking on wood right now!).

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #390 on: July 25, 2009, 04:41:22 PM »
I know I've eliminated a lot of minor muscle "wear and tears" since I've cut way back on stretching....

I'm ok with warming up (pre lift) with stuff to target joints,but there comes a time when it's best to let the warm up weights do their job....

the worst quad pull I ever had was because I over stretched it before I ever stood under any weight..

I dealt with that fucker for over a year...

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #391 on: July 25, 2009, 09:42:33 PM »
Just take it easy. Don't be stubborn. 8)

splinterhands

• Getbig II
« Reply #392 on: July 26, 2009, 02:08:49 PM »
I wasn't even squatting heavy, and then I popped a rib back out adjusting myself in a fkn chair.  It was the first set with my belt, and the only thing I can think is that maybe my belt somehow threw my hips off a little when I went down. 

I feel your pain because I popped a rib out when I was going through the academy doing something similiar to what you did.  I had a kevlar vest on that didn't fit right and when I squatted down to search the trainers ankle/shoe area, the vest forced my upper body to "bend" somewhat and I actually heard the rib pop.  It hurt so bad that I couldn't tell if it was even the front or rear rib that popped.  It did take a couple months to completely heal and I finished the academy wrapping duct tape around my sternum to hold the pain down.

Like you said, stuff like that is just a random freak injury.  Don't make it hurt less though.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #393 on: July 26, 2009, 06:11:44 PM »
I wasn't even squatting heavy, and then I popped a rib back out adjusting myself in a fkn chair. 

rip is a powerful woman that needs to wear a girdle when she squats

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #394 on: July 26, 2009, 06:15:34 PM »
I feel your pain because I popped a rib out when I was going through the academy doing something similiar to what you did.  I had a kevlar vest on that didn't fit right and when I squatted down to search the trainers ankle/shoe area, the vest forced my upper body to "bend" somewhat and I actually heard the rib pop.  It hurt so bad that I couldn't tell if it was even the front or rear rib that popped.  It did take a couple months to completely heal and I finished the academy wrapping duct tape around my sternum to hold the pain down.

Like you said, stuff like that is just a random freak injury.  Don't make it hurt less though.

Thanks...I think that ribs are the worst.

rip is a powerful woman that needs to wear a girdle when she squats

;D

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #395 on: July 30, 2009, 12:04:08 AM »
I know I've eliminated a lot of minor muscle "wear and tears" since I've cut way back on stretching....

I'm ok with warming up (pre lift) with stuff to target joints,but there comes a time when it's best to let the warm up weights do their job....

the worst quad pull I ever had was because I over stretched it before I ever stood under any weight..

I dealt with that fucker for over a year...

I've been telling people for years not to stretch before lifting.

Using light weights with controlled form is the best warm up.

Sorry about the rib, i watched a friend of mine pop one out while doing heavy tricep pressdowns and he was in serious pain.

8)

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #396 on: July 30, 2009, 04:58:48 AM »
Thanks OL.  No stretching b4 lifting is one thing, but during and after I think is pretty important.  Gotta stay flexible to get ass to grass on squats and to arch on the bench!   ;D

I think my ribs/back injury is getting slightly better.  I can at least sleep on my right side now but the injury is on my left, and that's still out of the question.  I've been doing seated machine work at the gym, and the light workouts seem to help work through some of the spasms etc.  I can see how taping it like splinterhands said would be a good idea and I may have to start doing that if it doesn't get better in the next week or so.  I am going to see my chiro again tomorrow and am very interested to hear what he thinks.

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #397 on: August 07, 2009, 10:56:12 AM »
come back hungry baby. :-*
sept 10th APF

splinterhands

• Getbig II
« Reply #398 on: August 07, 2009, 01:36:37 PM »
  I am going to see my chiro again tomorrow and am very interested to hear what he thinks.

Was he able to help at all?

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #399 on: August 07, 2009, 07:14:40 PM »
I'm getting there... I love my chiropractor.  I went back to him a week ago, and he said I still had a couple of "rib heads" popped out.  Apparently, I pretty much pulled out the entire left side of my rib cage ::)

He put me back together and said I should be all set.  I'm going back this coming Monday to make sure. 

I'm in the gym, not doing anything crazy...working right now on getting in shape, losing weight and getting ready for NPC Nationals (BB)...15 weeks from today.  I'm gonna set up a new training program for myself that is good for BB prep and also includes all of the conditioning and technique work I need for the PL season next year. 

I got a looooooooong way to go to get to the Lightweights.   ;D