Author Topic: Stories - Your favorite stories re pros / legends  (Read 550460 times)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Tell your favorite stories re pros/legends
« Reply #800 on: June 29, 2005, 10:34:07 AM »
The first photo is a TV interview at one of the nationals.

ONLY will give more details on this second shot if he recalls.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #801 on: June 29, 2005, 10:44:42 AM »
For a good number of years we promoted a natural contest on behalf of the MDA and raised a considerable amount of money thanks to Gold's Gym Hawaii and a number of other individuals.

This was out Poster Boy. We took him to see the professional wrestlers and they invited him backstage to talk to all the guys. He was really thrilled by that and talked about it constantly.

He passed away shortly after these photos were taken. I have to thank Greg Gaunt who played a major part in support of the MDA too.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #802 on: June 29, 2005, 11:35:08 AM »
Stunt that looks like a photo taken at the photo shoot we did for MDA that year.  Remember I was the spoksperson from Gold's Gym for MDA that year.  Remember that girl was a world famous hang glider that worked with us at Gold's and did aireil shoots for National Geographic from her hang glider.  She too died a year or so after this photo.  Remember the poster.  Me, Nuu Faalo (Clevend Browns), Caroyn Sapp (Miss America), and that guy from the San Francisco 49ers Jesses Sapolo.  I had one of those posters and it got lost through all the moving I do.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #803 on: June 29, 2005, 12:29:13 PM »
Cleve Dean was perhaps the best known armwrestler in the world. he was 9 time world champion.  he made his name in Wristwrestling up in Petaluma.  he weighed over 600 pounds when we were filming Over the Top.  I did beat him during the Over The TOp world championship in Vegas.  The only thing is they disqualified me after I pinned him in 1:27.  He told them my body hit my arm.  The refs didn't see anything but took his word for it.  The place went ballastic cause everyone knew I beat him.  That match was so hard.  he is huge.  On Wide World of Sports to show how big his hand was they took his ring off his finger and put a quarter through it. 

he was so big I remember talking to these girls and they were looking at Cleve sitting across the way.  Then all of a sudden you could see he was pissing in his pants.  He was just to big to get up and piss.  My strategy to for our match was make him go up to the table and have to wait.  This way he was a little more tired from having to stand up there all that time.  i waited till they almost disqualified me before I went up.  he had 29" biceps (if you could call them that).  he was just so big.  earlier in his career his weighed about 450 or so.

One of my best friend is still to this day the youngest competitor in the WSM events.  he too was an armwrestler.

onlyme.....

is this the guy?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #804 on: June 29, 2005, 12:48:54 PM »
Yep that is the smaller version of him

619Rules

« Reply #805 on: June 29, 2005, 12:53:12 PM »
I think I could take that Cleve guy in an arm wrestling contest.........he's not that big.

619Rules

« Reply #806 on: June 29, 2005, 12:55:17 PM »
First shot ....... Name all three guys.

Second shot .............. Name him. Hint... Last name S_ _ _ _

OPPPPSS! Forget that on the last. The name of the shot gives it away.

Let's try the first name.

OK
1. Ron Tuefel
2. Tom Platz
3. Bob Birdsong

Second pic-the great Jerry Steele-Muscle and Fitness Cover Boy.

I'm sure you recall those two above, but how about these?

The great Ernie Santiago-Jr. Mr. America, Jr. Mr. USA, Mr. USA....

Only show he didnt win was the Mr. America/Nationals-which was the only show back then that allowed you to go the Universe-and only Universe winners could go pro. A great BBer with incredible lines and shape-one of the best.

Phil Hernon has trained at Gold's San Diego before and he was a huge guy-especially his LEGS. Giant legs. Those pics Stunt posted show his chest is thick as can be also!

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #807 on: June 29, 2005, 01:47:22 PM »
Good going, Rules. You AM smart!

Ok, your next assignmet if you choose to accept it, it to ID everyone in  both these pictures.

I personally believe that is impossilbe. And I don't have the slightest clue no more!

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #808 on: June 29, 2005, 02:10:40 PM »
First photo - Chad Clark (USAF).

Good friend. Chad never placed lower than 1st in his wt class and soon won the overall World Gym Championships which was held a few years back in Las Vegas. He was one of those freaky guys who gained muscle size after each workout.

Good symmetry and a real down to earth athlete. Always looked up to his fellow competitors and had a difficult time understanding why and how he beat them all.

2nd Photo is  Chris Hulse ....... USA Army Swat Team Leader now residing in Reno, Nv.

Chris is one of those exceptional guys who loves to compete and can be ready with two weeks notice. Another guy who has never lost his wt class but cannot go all out to win a national title. Chris is army trained to take care of his men under hazardous conditions  so he is always backstage checking to make sure everyone is doing OK, even when he himself is competing. He's like a "24 hour on duty doctor!". And no matter what posing disk is missing, we can count on him to have the exact copy in his collection which is always in his car. Even crap like "Voodoo Zombies on the Range!". (Sorry for cutting the top of his head off.)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #809 on: June 29, 2005, 02:37:08 PM »
I don't know how many of you guys and gals have worked with military bodybuilders before but it can be a real fascinating experience.

We were doing a contest one night when one of the military contestants asked if he could leave some equipment at the officials' desk because it was very important.

So that military bag with "important" stuff in it sat on the officials' desk while he competed on stage.

Most of us were curious as to what what in that bag, but no one looked and it wasn't until much later when I found out what it contained.

This contest was held on a military base and, as some of you may know, military guys are usually "on call" or on a stand-by status

This one guy was well known around the base to be an exceptional bodybuilder so everyone was counting on him to enter and win it.

But that particular night he got placed on stand by status, which meant that he had to be ready to depart at a moment's notice in full combat array.

But since this particular contest was held in the theater ajacent to the airstrip, the decision was made higher up that he could attend the contest and compete as long as he realized that he could have to depart at a moment's notice when and if  the alert came in.

Now this guy was one hell of an advanced trooper ..................! He had a job which most of you never knew existed.

I can't go into details but this is kind of like the work he did ........

With short notice and at any time he could be on a high altitude recon flight to some remote cornor of the world and all rigged up to jump in the night with oxygen mask support.

Once he hit the ground he would complete his assigned mission within hours and make arrangements for extraction which could be by sub, helicopter, or what used to be called the "sling shot" where a low flying aircraft would catch a line and pull him into the aircraft.

He did win the contest that night and would have been a major threat in any national contest but his true love was doing something more exciting.

So he never had to open that bag that nite and the driver on stand-by gave him a ride back to the barracks with a couple of major trophies in the back.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #810 on: June 29, 2005, 04:05:00 PM »
I don't know how many of you guys and gals have worked with military bodybuilders before but it can be a real fascinating experience.

We were doing a contest one night when one of the military contestants asked if he could leave some equipment at the officials' desk because it was very important.

So that military bag with "important" stuff in it sat on the officials' desk while he competed on stage.

Most of us were curious as to what what in that bag, but no one looked and it wasn't until much later when I found out what it contained.

This contest was held on a military base and, as some of you may know, military guys are usually "on call" or on a stand-by status

This one guy was well known around the base to be an exceptional bodybuilder so everyone was counting on him to enter and win it.

But that particular night he got placed on stand by status, which meant that he had to be ready to depart at a moment's notice in full combat array.

But since this particular contest was held in the theater ajacent to the airstrip, the decision was made higher up that he could attend the contest and compete as long as he realized that he could have to depart at a moment's notice when and if  the alert came in.

Now this guy was one hell of an advanced trooper ..................! He had a job which most of you never knew existed.

I can't go into details but this is kind of like the work he did ........

With short notice and at any time he could be on a high altitude recon flight to some remote cornor of the world and all rigged up to jump in the night with oxygen mask support.

Once he hit the ground he would complete his assigned mission within hours and make arrangements for extraction which could be by sub, helicopter, or what used to be called the "sling shot" where a low flying aircraft would catch a line and pull him into the aircraft.

He did win the contest that night and would have been a major threat in any national contest but his true love was doing something more exciting.

So he never had to open that bag that nite and the driver on stand-by gave him a ride back to the barracks with a couple of major trophies in the back.

Well....I used to workout with a lot of Military bodybuilders & occasionally still do to some capacity.

When I first started lifting awhile ago, I fell into their click because for a rookie in the gym, they were amazed how much weight I could handle especially just walking in with no lifting experience.

Unfortunately.....what a lot of people don't realize is how difficult these guys have it especially getting ready for a contest.  They still have to work the crazy hours & of course.....still run PT.  As a Marine, they still have to run section PT which includes a run that means a minimum of 3 miles & usually it goes much, much further.  Less not forget how many different sets of uniforms they would have to maintain for the different seasons of competition.  As a Marine, personal appearance was extremely important & uniforms are always inspected for proper fit & appearance.  Then we had a bunch of issues because of the Marine Corps very strict height & weight standards.  Before they allowed bodyfat percentages....you had to meet the Marine Corps height & weight.  If you exceeded your weight, it was up to command discretion whether you had to go on remedial PT.  If you were in a command with a zero tolerance policy.....your life became living hell & unless you know someone....you had to drop the weight.

see how you 'measure' up

inches    min weight     max weight
64               105                 160     
65               106                 165
66               107                 170
67               111                 175
68               115                 181
69               119                 186
70               123                 192
71               127                 197
72               131                 203
73               135                 219
74               139                 214
75               143                 219
76               147                 225
77               151                 230
78               153                 235

619Rules

« Reply #811 on: June 29, 2005, 04:54:04 PM »
inches          min                 max
67               111                 175

Lets see if I have this right, at 5'7 your max weight is 175#? Min 111#?

If you're 5'7 and only weigh 111 pounds I would have yo say that you are the biggest pussie the world has ever seen. MOST women weigh more than that!

As for me-at 5'7 I am over the max weight by 65#, and I don't care how much running the Marines made me do, I would die from a heart attack before I could ever make it back to 175 pounds-and that is the max weight-even if I got aids I could never get to 111#.

The last time I was trying to compete as a middleweight (176 cutoff) I was 215 and dropped down to 178, and could not go any further-missed the middleweight class cutoff by 2 pounds.

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #812 on: June 29, 2005, 05:31:02 PM »
I read in a Jeff Everson interview that he got out of getting drafted by getting really fat....I don't remember the details exactly but it was in one of those star profiles in muscle mag

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #813 on: June 29, 2005, 07:24:34 PM »
Lets see if I have this right, at 5'7 your max weight is 175#? Min 111#?

If you're 5'7 and only weigh 111 pounds I would have yo say that you are the biggest pussie the world has ever seen. MOST women weigh more than that!

As for me-at 5'7 I am over the max weight by 65#, and I don't care how much running the Marines made me do, I would die from a heart attack before I could ever make it back to 175 pounds-and that is the max weight-even if I got aids I could never get to 111#.

The last time I was trying to compete as a middleweight (176 cutoff) I was 215 and dropped down to 178, and could not go any further-missed the middleweight class cutoff by 2 pounds.

for the majority of the time I was in.....I was consistantly 25-30# over my max & still able to run 5-10 miles at a fairly fast pace.  I never could break under a 19 min 3 mile but i just did my best.  Luckily, I was with a good command where the CO lifted weights & a handful of us were allowed to go "heavier" because we also could keep up in his runs.  By the time bodyfat % was being implemented.....I was able to go heavier between 40-50# over my max & was still very fast maintaing a high first class PFT, although everything hurt so much more.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #814 on: June 29, 2005, 07:56:30 PM »
According to those figures I would have to be close to 150" tall.  I guarantte you that I would be in the NBA and the Barnum&Bailey Circus in the off season

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #815 on: June 29, 2005, 10:09:38 PM »
Too short or too tall - ya can't get in. Or if your feet are too big.

One well know General had a friend hit him on the head with a hammer and that pump was the contributing factor that got him in. Otherwise he would have been too short.

Check out General Krulak, USMC.

Back in the old days they had no idea what BF% was.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #816 on: June 30, 2005, 05:11:53 AM »
I've told this one before so I'll make it brief.

In Nam I was part of First Force Recon stationed in the boonies in the Phu Bai area so one of the better scroungers went off in a helicopter one day and came back a couple of days later with enough gear to build a decent gym in the field.

So when we were in camp everyone got a chance to do some serious lifting and under the circumstances everyone was pretty ripped and in great shape.

One early afternoon, three of the guys were standing around the Landing Zone (LZ) waiting for the copter to give them a lift to Danang where they would catch a flight for five days of R&R.

As the bird was approaching we took some heavy mortar fire which hit in the LZ area and the concussion of one of those rounds was enough to knock everyone back a few yards.

No one got hit by any schrapnel but the concussion did some serious damage to each of the guys except for one who was just too solid to get hurt to any great degree. He simply picked himself up, walked to the medics, got checked out, and was back on that LZ within the hour waiting for another hop to Danang city.

The other two got hurt bit not seriously and missed that R&R until they recovered a week or two later.

It pays to be good and solid when standing in Landing Zones under combat conditions.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #817 on: June 30, 2005, 08:19:04 AM »
Too short or too tall - ya can't get in. Or if your feet are too big.

One well know General had a friend hit him on the head with a hammer and that pump was the contributing factor that got him in. Otherwise he would have been too short.

Check out General Krulak, USMC.

Back in the old days they had no idea what BF% was.

I've personally met & did work for General Krulak......

he's a decorated warrior & a very humble person.

His father & brother were both high ranking military members & reside here in San Diego.

His father has a great sense of humor & was very old corps.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #818 on: June 30, 2005, 11:06:25 AM »
Add "Commandant of the Marine Corps" to that Knny. In fact, I think that both the dad and the son filled that post at different times, and the "brother" was a minister if I recall correctly.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #819 on: June 30, 2005, 11:29:54 AM »
Add "Commandant of the Marine Corps" to that Knny. In fact, I think that both the dad and the son filled that post at different times, and the "brother" was a minister if I recall correctly.

you are correct again

His brother & father live over in Point Loma (if I am not mistaken)

I had the privilege to work with General Krulak for a few days when he was the Commandant & he told me how he got his Navy Cross in Nam. 

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #820 on: June 30, 2005, 12:29:08 PM »
This is great Knny. you are getting Stunt to tell some of his war stories.  he has great ones.  Stunt tell them the Hamburger Hill thing.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #821 on: June 30, 2005, 02:34:27 PM »
Absent of Brains, how does it feel to be on the same level as Mirz.  If you feel suicidal, please follow through with it. You and him/her have allot in common..............NOTH ING is going for you. Howsad it muct be to be so insecure.  I wouldn't want to live like that,I give you credit. 

And, Ron it would be nice not to have these two assholes on here just so they can act big when they are just pussys.  it lessens this board.  you should have an age restriction where no one under 18 can come on here.  Everyone knows how much of a loser these two are.  Might as well do what they have been used totheir whole lives and just kick them out.

Absent, you are from Finland.  Wow what a downer for your country.  Luckily no one knows or gives a shit about you.  I doubt they even include you in their census.  Some of your countries best known celebrities are friends of mine.  to think you live there and know no one.  Weird uh?  that should tell you something, you are not wanted anywhere you go.  Sorry man.....those are just the facts.

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #822 on: June 30, 2005, 02:56:15 PM »
I agree with onlyme...

619Rules

« Reply #823 on: June 30, 2005, 03:01:49 PM »
I never could break under a 19 min 3 mile but i just did my best. 

You gotta be kidding me, a 19 minute 3 mile barrier? Is that the standard?

When I was in high school in 10th grade and weighed about 135# I had broken the 6 minute mile barrier ONCE, came in at 5:50, and let me tell you that was the fastest and hardest I ever ran. I NEVER came close to that again.

I laugh all the time when I hear people who are in their 20's and 30's tell me that a 6 minute mile is no problem. It is a joke. This one joker thought it was easy as pie, until I said 100 bucks said he couldn't do it-then he started to think about it. HE never did take me up on the bet either.

For someone to run 3 miles in under 19 minutes is simply amazing, it really is.

ANYONE that can run 3 miles in under 19 miuntes is in better condition than 99.9% of the American population.

I've personally met & did work for General Krulak......

he's a decorated warrior & a very humble person.

Even I know who this guy is. He was profiled on TV when he stepped down as head of Camp Pendleton. Looks like a pretty tough cookie.

you are correct again

His brother & father live over in Point Loma (if I am not mistaken)

If they are both living on Point Loma they have some serious bucks, that place is bookoo expensive.

Speaking of Point Loma, have you seen the houses that the Rear Admirals get on the base there? If you go up Silvergate you end up at a portion of the base that is sealed off by a cyclone fence and the Admirals have their houses right there. Sometimes the gate is open, and I drove in once to check the houses out. There are three (or four) in a row. They have the best views on the Point, and the yeards are HUGE. Market rate for those houses would be $10 million easy-very easy. The Admirals have their names and rank on name plates that front the houses-no mistaking that these guys are the big cheeses on base!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #824 on: June 30, 2005, 07:03:19 PM »
Stunt remember when the base Commander at pearl harbor gave us that private cruise and tour back in 1990 or so.  I rememeber when his boat went by the carriers and other ships everyone had to salute this guy.  We went arounf Ford Island where no one is allowed.  They are ships on that side sticking out of the water too.  This guy some power.  I know Stunt you have some pics don't you.