Author Topic: I'd like to say sorry to getbig  (Read 36946 times)

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
Re: I'd like to say sorry to getbig
« Reply #100 on: March 31, 2009, 12:43:09 AM »
Does doing that make you feel all noble and virtuous on the inside to the point where you are just feeling smug from your magnanimity? No, I'm not saying be an arrogant prick and think you are smarter than everyone else, but if you are smart or better than most people in something, why not be honest, acknowledge it and pride yourself on being what / who you are?

And regardless of what you say, people are different, even though they have a lot of things in common physically, mentally, socially and in other contexts. The last thing I want to do is feel like I'm part of the mob and not have an identity that is indistinguishable from the next guy - don't see what's so saintly about such a state of mind.

I fully understand what you are saying! That is certainly a valid question, really has to be asked. It's a personal choice. The point of being proud I just don't get. Or feeling special or above others for that matter. I suppose it's just up too what satisfy you in life. Can't answer it better than that. You are right, it's just my personal feeling on the subject. If you want to be proud, feel special or whatever, why not, knock your self out while it lasts!

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #101 on: March 31, 2009, 12:50:46 AM »
I'm pulling in the oars of this tiny boat,
growing weary of the rowing
and all the effort to reach some shore,
when it's not shore where I'm going

Rising with the tide, breaking with the wave,
I surrender every notion
that there is someone here to save
as if I'm separate from the ocean

Looking back, sometimes I have to laugh
What a lot of work it's been,
clinging to a sinking raft,
just to keep from falling in

So drown me in your darkest pain,
your softest kiss, your sweet despair
I've seen your face now and I know your name
And I can find you anywhere

Kirtana

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #102 on: March 31, 2009, 12:52:41 AM »
a few have discovered the meaning of life  :) moses, buddha, jesus, mohammed, and many others. Their message is the same...............love each other.

are you claiming they are wrong? it doesn't matter?

that was my point, that is what everyone thinks - that we will never know, so so instead of looking for answers and meaning we just go on buying the latest mobile phone and watching sports on our latest plasma 62" tv.

all the while chasing money to fulfill the empty hole inside us, that can never and will never be filed with such shallow items.

in all honesty i bet the only time you can truly say you have been 100% happy/satisfied was when you have been head over heels in love with someone. To me this is what we should be striving for, as even if we don't get there we will make everyone happier in the meantime.  :)

OK if that is the meaning of life, why is there so much other possibilities?

Why didn't universe just evolve in to consciousness in ever lasting frozen rapture of feeling this "love". Hey maybe that's where it is going?  :) Pretty useless if it doesn't really work.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #103 on: March 31, 2009, 01:03:31 AM »
I fully understand what you are saying! That is certainly a valid question, really has to be asked. It's a personal choice. The point of being proud I just don't get. Or feeling special or above others for that matter. I suppose it's just up too what satisfy you in life. Can't answer it better than that. You are right, it's just my personal feeling on the subject. If you want to be proud, feel special or whatever, why not, knock your self out while it lasts!

It's not so much a case of getting satisfaction from feeling proud for the sake of feeling proud. I'm talking about the natural state of mind at the end of some kind of accomplishment that you set out to achieve. Like for example, starting out as a stringbean who is unable to lift 225 lbs off the ground and few years later, deadlifting 500 lbs thanks to hard work, effort and persistence based on a game plan spanning years (in my case, naturally too). Then contrast yourself with other guys who go to the same gym and look the same year after year after year, due to several factors, with lack of hard work and dedication being the main ones.

Or think about making a million dollars from a business that you started from scratch, when you were at rock bottom and making it grow based solely on your game plan and sheer hard work / effort. And then contrast that with people who work the same job endlessly and hating it as well as the world and everything around them cause they fail to realize that they too play a part in their life being the way it is, and a big role at that. Again, I am aware of the fact that there are people out there who accomplish more of the same of what you have, just like someone who doesn't achieve what you did failed to do so not solely due to a fault that was all theirs - I'm just saying that if you do something worthwhile, there is nothing wrong with being happy and proud of it, as long as you don't act like a dick or assume an attitude because of it.

Just don't get the blanket "No matter who you are or what you do, realize you are no better than anyone else just because you too breath and eat and sleep like everyone else" philosophy that a lot of people seem to preach in a condescending tone. Yes, we all eat and sleep and breath like each other, but some people invent new technology while others perform heroic deeds in some way or capacity, just like some people rape and murder while others do things that are worse. So no, I don't think we are all equal and that a person who invents a cure for a disease should feel no better than another who bashes an elderly lady's skull in, so he can rob her of her money ;D

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #104 on: March 31, 2009, 01:04:18 AM »
It's not so much a case of getting satisfaction from feeling proud for the sake of feeling proud. I'm talking about the natural state of mind at the end of some kind of accomplishment that you set out to achieve. Like for example, starting out as a stringbean who is unable to lift 225 lbs off the ground and few years later, deadlifting 500 lbs thanks to hard work, effort and persistence based on a game plan spanning years (in my case, naturally too). Then contrast yourself with other guys who go to the same gym and look the same year after year after year, due to several factors, with lack of hard work and dedication being the main ones.

Or think about making a million dollars from a business that you started from scratch, when you were at rock bottom and making it grow based solely on your game plan and sheer hard work / effort. And then contrast that with people who work the same job endlessly and hating it as well as the world and everything around them cause they fail to realize they too play a part in their life being the way it is, and a big role at that. Again, I am aware of the fact that there are people out there who accomplish more of the same of what you have, just like someone who doesn't achieve what you did failed to do so not solely due to a fault that was all theirs - I'm just saying that if you do something worthwhile, there is nothing wrong with being happy and proud of it, as long as you don't act like a dick or assume an attitude because of it.

Just don't get the blanket, "No matter who you are or what you do, realize you are no better than anyone else just because you too breath and eat and sleep like everyone else" philosophy that a lot of people seem to preach in a condescending tone. Yes, we all eat and sleep and breath like each other, but some people invent new technology while others perform heroic deeds in some way or capacity, just like some people rape and murder while others so things that are worse. So no, I don't think we are all equal and that a person like Margaret Mitchell, for example, should feel no better than Ted bundy ;D

Can you please summarize this in one short sentence? I don't feel like reading right now.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2009, 01:07:13 AM »
I ain't ever found peace upon the breast of a girl
I ain't ever found peace with the religion of the world
I ain't ever found peace at the bottom of a glass
sometimes it seems the more I ask for the less I receive
The only true freedom is freedom from the heart's desires
& the only true happiness....this way lies.

Matt Johnson

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2009, 01:11:16 AM »
Can you please summarize this in one short sentence? I don't feel like reading right now.

Hey, you should be grateful I'm using paragraphs and not writing it out like GetItinNY ;D

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: March 31, 2009, 01:12:28 AM »
So we started to look for the meaning of life?

Here is a good start: The Heart Sutra

摩訶般若波羅蜜多心経
観自在菩薩行深般若波羅蜜多時、照見五蘊皆空、度一切苦厄。舎利子。色不異空、空不異色、色即是空、空即是色。受・想・行・識亦復如是。舎利子。是諸法空相、不生不滅、不垢不浄、不増不減。是故空中、無色、無受・想・行・識、無眼・耳・鼻・舌・身・意、無色・声・香・味・触・法。無眼界、乃至、無意識界。無無明、亦無無明尽、乃至、無老死、亦無老死尽。無苦・集・滅・道。無智亦無得。以無所得故、菩提薩埵、依般若波羅蜜多故、心無罣礙、無罣礙故、無有恐怖、遠離一切顛倒夢想、究竟涅槃。三世諸仏、依般若波羅蜜多故、得阿耨多羅三藐三菩提。故知、般若波羅蜜多、是大神呪、是大明呪、是無上呪、是無等等呪、能除一切苦、真実不虚。故説、般若波羅蜜多呪。
即説呪曰、羯諦羯諦波羅羯諦波羅僧羯諦菩提薩婆訶。般若心経

Thus have I once heard:

The Blessed One was staying in Rajagrha at Vulture Peak along with a great community of monks and great community of bodhisattvas, and at that time, the Blessed One fully entered the meditative concentration on the varieties of phenomena called the Appearance of the Profound. At that very time as well, holy Avalokitsevara, the bodhisattva, the great being, beheld the practice itself of the profound perfection of wisdom, and he even saw the five aggregates as empty of inherent nature. Thereupon, through the Buddha's inspiration, the venerable Sariputra spoke to holy Avalokitsevara, the bodhisattva, the great being, and said, "Any noble son who wishes to engage in the practice of the profound perfection of wisdom should train in what way?"

When this had been said, holy Avalokitsevara, the bodhisattva, the great being, spoke to venerable Sariputra and said, "Sariputra, any noble sons or daughters who wish to practice the perfection of wisdom should see this way: they should see insightfully, correctly, and repeatedly that even the five aggregates are empty of inherent nature. Form is empty, emptiness is form, Emptiness is not other than form, form is also not other than emptiness. Likewise, sensation, discrimination, conditioning, and awareness are empty. In this way, Sariputra, all things are emptiness; they are without defining characteristics; they are not born, they do not cease, they are not defiled, they are not undefiled. They have no increase, they have no decrease.

"Therefore, Sariputra, in emptiness there is no form, no sensation, no discrimination, no conditioning, and no awareness. There is no eye, no ear, no nose, no tongue, no body, no mind. There is no form, no sound, no smell, no taste, no texture, no phenomenon. There is no eye-element and so on up to no mind-element and also up to no element of mental awareness. There is no ignorance and no elimination of ignorance and so on up to no aging and death and no elimination of aging and death. Likewise, there is no suffering, origin, cessation, or path; there is no wisdom, no attainment, and even no non-attainment.

"Therefore, Sariputra, since the bodhisattvas have no obtainments, they abide relying on the perfection of wisdom. Having no defilements in their minds, they have no fear, and passing completely beyond error, they reach nirvana. Likewise, all the Buddhas abiding in the three times clearly and completely awaken to unexcelled, authentic, and complete awakening in dependence upon the perfection of wisdom.

"Therefore, one should know that the mantra of the perfection of wisdom - the mantra of great knowledge, the precious mantra, the unexcelled mantra, the mantra equal to the unequalled, the mantra that quells all suffering - is true because it is not deceptive. The mantra of the perfection of wisdom is proclaimed:

tadyatha - gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha!

Sariputra, a bodhisattva, a great being, should train in the profound perfection of wisdom in that way."

Thereupon, the Blessed One arose for that meditative concentration, and he commended holy Avalokitsevara, the bodhisattva, the great being. "Excellent!" he said. "Excellent! Excellent! Noble child, it is just so. Noble child, it is just so. One should practice the profound perfection of wisdom in the manner that you have revealed - the Tathagatas rejoice!" This is what the Blessed One said.

Thereupon, the venerable Sariputra, the holy Avalokitsevara, the bodhisattva, the great being, and that entire assembly along with the world of gods, humans, asuras, and gandharvas, all rejoiced and highly praised what the Blessed One had said.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: March 31, 2009, 01:14:21 AM »
Hey, you should be grateful I'm using paragraphs and not writing it out like GetItinNY ;D

;D ;D ;D

You have me there.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #109 on: March 31, 2009, 01:14:58 AM »

Here is a good start: The Heart Sutra etc etc

Ah yes, The Buddha - the enlightened one who spoke volumes on the virtue of self-restraint and the power of the mind, all while weighing around 600 lb.

If it wasn't for his name, DK, you'd say his lack of will power was sickening :D

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #110 on: March 31, 2009, 01:20:26 AM »

Or think about making a million dollars from a business that you started from scratch, when you were at rock bottom and making it grow based solely on your game plan and sheer hard work / effort. And then contrast that with people who work the same job endlessly and hating it as well as the world and everything around them cause they fail to realize they too play a part in their life being the way it is, and a big role at that. Again, I am aware of the fact that there are people out there who accomplish more of the same of what you have, just like someone who doesn't achieve what you did failed to do so not solely due to a fault that was all theirs - I'm just saying that if you do something worthwhile, there is nothing wrong with being happy and proud of it, as long as you don't act like a dick or assume an attitude because of it.

Just don't get the blanket "No matter who you are or what you do, realize you are no better than anyone else just because you too breath and eat and sleep like everyone else" philosophy that a lot of people seem to preach in a condescending tone. Yes, we all eat and sleep and breath like each other, but some people invent new technology while others perform heroic deeds in some way or capacity, just like some people rape and murder while others do things that are worse. So no, I don't think we are all equal and that a person who invents a cure for a disease should feel no better than another who bashes an elderly lady's skull in, so he can rob her of her money ;D

Do I need to say I agree?  :)

And also one should feel good about something you work hard to achieve, it's on the level how the brain is hardwired from evolution. And yes, perhaps even special in a scientific sense, in some cases.  :)

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: March 31, 2009, 01:21:02 AM »
Ah yes, The Buddha - the enlightened one who spoke volumes on the virtue of self-restraint and the power of the mind, all while weighing around 600 lb.

If it wasn't for his name, DK, you'd say his lack of will power was sickening :D

Bullshit, you are mixing things up.

The fat one is no Buddha.

Buddha was ripped to shreds.

As opposed to:

Hotei. Male. The god of contentment and happiness, Hotei has a cheerful face and a big belly. He is supposedly based on an actual person, and is widely recognized outside of Japan. He carries a large cloth bag over his back, one that never empties, for he uses it to feed the poor and needy. Indeed, the Japanese spelling of "Ho Tei" literally means "cloth bag." He also holds a Chinese fan called an oogi (said to be a "wish giving" fan -- in the distant past, this type of fan was used by the aristocracy to indicate to vassals that their requests would be granted). Hotei is most likely based on the itinerant 10th-century Chinese Buddhist monk and hermit Budaishi (d. 917), who is said to be an incarnation of Miroku Bodhisattva (Maitreya in Sanskrit).

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #112 on: March 31, 2009, 01:23:03 AM »

As opposed to:

Hotei. Male. The god of contentment and happiness, Hotei has a cheerful face and a big belly. He is supposedly based on an actual person, and is widely recognized outside of Japan. He carries a large cloth bag over his back, one that never empties, for he uses it to feed the poor and needy. Indeed, the Japanese spelling of "Ho Tei" literally means "cloth bag." He also holds a Chinese fan called an oogi (said to be a "wish giving" fan -- in the distant past, this type of fan was used by the aristocracy to indicate to vassals that their requests would be granted). Hotei is most likely based on the itinerant 10th-century Chinese Buddhist monk and hermit Budaishi (d. 917), who is said to be an incarnation of Miroku Bodhisattva (Maitreya in Sanskrit).

Hahaha, DK, was just searching for pictures to make a similar statement of my own!
It hasn't helped...

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #113 on: March 31, 2009, 01:24:36 AM »

the beauty of eastern spirituality, taking away everything

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #114 on: March 31, 2009, 01:26:13 AM »
I like the fat one........looks like a happy fellow.
No doubt about it...

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #115 on: March 31, 2009, 01:27:49 AM »

>:(

Onlyme Buddha >>>>>>>>>>>>> Gautama Buddha >:(

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #116 on: March 31, 2009, 01:32:30 AM »
Some fuckd up shit goin on in this thread  :o
P

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #117 on: March 31, 2009, 01:40:00 AM »

As opposed to:

the big boned buddha is also used to depict the future buddha - maitreya  8)
175lbs by 31st July

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: March 31, 2009, 01:41:03 AM »
the beauty of eastern spirituality, taking away everything

色即是空、空即是色

Emptiness is form, form is emptiness.  ;D

>:(

Onlyme Buddha >>>>>>>>>>>>> Gautama Buddha >:(

;D ;D

If the enlightenment came in donut boxes, onlyme would be the nirvana itself.
the big boned buddha is also used to depict the future buddha - maitreya  8)

That is correct, i just wanted to state that Siddarta Gautama was a ripped fella.  ;D

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #119 on: March 31, 2009, 01:45:48 AM »

色即是空、空即是色

;D ;D

That is correct, i just wanted to state that Siddarta Gautama was a ripped fella.  ;D

yes, i read a passage about the physique of buddha, he was 6'1 with lots of muscles due to years of military training growing up to prepare to be king.  8)
175lbs by 31st July

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #120 on: March 31, 2009, 01:50:55 AM »
;D ;D

Are you saying that

1) Onlyme is the kind of guy who sprinkles breadcrumbs on slabs of butter for breakfast, and

2) GH15 is the kind of guy who looks at a starving, emaciated Ethiopian and says, "See that fella their,,he's taken Clen everyday and also ECA stack no hydroxycut bulshit my frend, this is gh15 god of hormones saying any blck fella under 3% bodyfat is on clen and eca alos maybe more god of hormones apporved" ???

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: March 31, 2009, 01:56:16 AM »
Are you saying that

1) Onlyme is the kind of guy who sprinkles breadcrumbs on slabs of butter for breakfast, and

2) GH15 is the kind of guy who looks at a starving, emaciated Ethiopian and says, "See that fella their,,he's taken Clen everyday and also ECA stack no hydroxycut bulshit my frend, this is gh15 god of hormones saying any blck fella under 3% bodyfat is on clen and eca alos maybe more god of hormones apporved" ???

I don't want to speak bad about Keith, it seems he was very hurt by the stuff i wrote about him, completely lacking the fact that it was all in good fun and he came back to me with anger and being hurt. I truly feel sorry about this, and this wasn't my intention at all, but besides my strong feelings of guilt and remorse i have to say you are 100% on spot.  ;D

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #122 on: March 31, 2009, 02:12:12 AM »

Just the realization of this simple truth would completely transform the world.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: March 31, 2009, 02:14:01 AM »
Just the realization of this simple truth would completely transform the world.

All kidding aside, yes.

Also realizing the simple fact that you live now and "Living" is in fact "continously dying", without a chance to bring anything back or to be here forever.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #124 on: March 31, 2009, 02:17:04 AM »

摩訶般若波羅蜜多心経
観自在菩薩行深般若波羅蜜多時、照見五蘊皆空、度一切苦厄。舎利子。色不異空、空不異色、色即是空、空即是色。受・想・行・識亦復如是。舎利子。是諸法空相、不生不滅、不垢不浄、不増不減。是故空中、無色、無受・想・行・識、無眼・耳・鼻・舌・身・意、無色・声・香・味・触・法。無眼界、乃至、無意識界。無無明、亦無無明尽、乃至、無老死、亦無老死尽。無苦・集・滅・道。無智亦無得。以無所得故、菩提薩埵、依般若波羅蜜多故、心無罣礙、無罣礙故、無有恐怖、遠離一切顛倒夢想、究竟涅槃。三世諸仏、依般若波羅蜜多故、得阿耨多羅三藐三菩提。故知、般若波羅蜜多、是大神呪、是大明呪、是無上呪、是無等等呪、能除一切苦、真実不虚。故説、般若波羅蜜多呪。
即説呪曰、羯諦羯諦波羅羯諦波羅僧羯諦菩提薩婆訶。般若心経

Thus have I once heard:

The Blessed One was staying in Rajagrha at Vulture Peak along with a great community of monks and great community of bodhisattvas, and at that time, the Blessed One fully entered the meditative concentration on the varieties of phenomena called the Appearance of the Profound. At that very time as well, holy Avalokitsevara, the bodhisattva, the great being, beheld the practice itself of the profound perfection of wisdom, and he even saw the five aggregates as empty of inherent nature. Thereupon, through the Buddha's inspiration, the venerable Sariputra spoke to holy Avalokitsevara, the bodhisattva, the great being, and said, "Any noble son who wishes to engage in the practice of the profound perfection of wisdom should train in what way?"

When this had been said, holy Avalokitsevara, the bodhisattva, the great being, spoke to venerable Sariputra and said, "Sariputra, any noble sons or daughters who wish to practice the perfection of wisdom should see this way: they should see insightfully, correctly, and repeatedly that even the five aggregates are empty of inherent nature. Form is empty, emptiness is form, Emptiness is not other than form, form is also not other than emptiness. Likewise, sensation, discrimination, conditioning, and awareness are empty. In this way, Sariputra, all things are emptiness; they are without defining characteristics; they are not born, they do not cease, they are not defiled, they are not undefiled. They have no increase, they have no decrease.

"Therefore, Sariputra, in emptiness there is no form, no sensation, no discrimination, no conditioning, and no awareness. There is no eye, no ear, no nose, no tongue, no body, no mind. There is no form, no sound, no smell, no taste, no texture, no phenomenon. There is no eye-element and so on up to no mind-element and also up to no element of mental awareness. There is no ignorance and no elimination of ignorance and so on up to no aging and death and no elimination of aging and death. Likewise, there is no suffering, origin, cessation, or path; there is no wisdom, no attainment, and even no non-attainment.

"Therefore, Sariputra, since the bodhisattvas have no obtainments, they abide relying on the perfection of wisdom. Having no defilements in their minds, they have no fear, and passing completely beyond error, they reach nirvana. Likewise, all the Buddhas abiding in the three times clearly and completely awaken to unexcelled, authentic, and complete awakening in dependence upon the perfection of wisdom.

"Therefore, one should know that the mantra of the perfection of wisdom - the mantra of great knowledge, the precious mantra, the unexcelled mantra, the mantra equal to the unequalled, the mantra that quells all suffering - is true because it is not deceptive. The mantra of the perfection of wisdom is proclaimed:

tadyatha - gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha!

Sariputra, a bodhisattva, a great being, should train in the profound perfection of wisdom in that way."

Thereupon, the Blessed One arose for that meditative concentration, and he commended holy Avalokitsevara, the bodhisattva, the great being. "Excellent!" he said. "Excellent! Excellent! Noble child, it is just so. Noble child, it is just so. One should practice the profound perfection of wisdom in the manner that you have revealed - the Tathagatas rejoice!" This is what the Blessed One said.

Thereupon, the venerable Sariputra, the holy Avalokitsevara, the bodhisattva, the great being, and that entire assembly along with the world of gods, humans, asuras, and gandharvas, all rejoiced and highly praised what the Blessed One had said.
More you forget about heart sutra, you are more heart sutra itself. Since Heart sutra beyond logic.