Author Topic: The Making of The Long Road to Compete 2005 -2007  (Read 751356 times)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Re: The Making of The Long Road to Compete 2005 -2007
« Reply #2075 on: March 19, 2006, 01:48:13 PM »

1) What's up with the ridiculously high protein?  Are you following Dogcrap training or something?

2) If you tossed that in a spreadsheet instead of using a notebook and calculator it would be a lot easier.
Ron: "I am lazy."

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2076 on: March 19, 2006, 02:18:34 PM »

Mike!   What bra size do you wear?  :o

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2077 on: March 19, 2006, 02:40:00 PM »
Mike!   What bra size do you wear?  :o
Why do you ask?  Does that picture get you hot Goatboy?
:D Weee

body88

« Reply #2078 on: March 19, 2006, 02:51:54 PM »
That protein intake it perfect... Mike is 250 lbs...

when I started training I was taking my body weight in protein in 145 at the time....  I got to 200 lbs but I noticed I had a gained body fat that with my metabolism was unacceptable..

I upped my protein to 300 grams and calculated that into my caloric intake as a larger percentage.

I dieted down to about 173 lbs and was ripped to the bone... I then bulked again but this time with my protein at 300 grams same total Cal's same training methods all aspects except the protein I kept the same... When I got to a little over 200 I was much leaner I was 21 at time of these pics.....

This is a pic of me from a few years ago when consuming close to 5000 Cal's a day.... BF prob around 11 percent which is not bad for 30 lb total bulk.

An yes monster triceps I know lol..... Although to my defense the angle of the pic does not show my arms and makes them smaller.. They are only 17 1/2 inches in that pic anyway but hey what ya gonna do better than 145 lol

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2079 on: March 19, 2006, 03:05:17 PM »
Rob listen, I'll give you your props on the computer stuff, but how in the hell are you going to sit there & advise Mike on what to do for contest prep,when you've never been close to stepping onstage. You know absolutely nothing on what it takes to compete ,other than what you've read or heard someone else do. Tell me( & I am not busting your chops) honestly, how many times have you competed or how many people have YOU personally prepped for a show?Just because Dell computers told me step for step how to hook up my computer ,does not mean I'm ready to build web-site's or tell you how too either.

I'm not trying to call you out on it.  And I'm not attacking your advice.

However, I have dieted before, so I do know the effects of a slowed metabolism and reduced food intake on the human body.  And I've built sites for many competitors while on various parts of their precontest diet, keeping records for them for their member sections on training and diet.

And most do not lose so much weight so fast, most do not look so sickly, most do not go to such extremes while still 20 weeks out.  Mike was drinking a half a gallon of gatorade a day, in addition to tons of food before.  His body was used to more calories- a lot more.  IMO the cut was too drastic.

You're the expert, not me, but this is a discussion board where differing opinions usually contribute to the best possible outcome.  For something as complex as a first precontest diet on a 40+ man at 250 pounds using gear and ECA, there may be major adjustments that need to be made.

In other words, the map may change, and the calories may have to come up.  He is losing too much muscle too fast, IMO.

body88

« Reply #2080 on: March 19, 2006, 03:41:33 PM »
Ha!  I did the fish shake once also...could not get it down :-X

You guys are nuts... That has got to be the worst taste ever!

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #2081 on: March 19, 2006, 04:42:21 PM »

do you really have to ask?

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #2082 on: March 19, 2006, 05:23:03 PM »
This one is true as well
few years ago we all went to see the MR OLYMPIA in New York
Matt McLaughlin (a local area bodybuilder,won his class at the North Americans)
and a few of us went out to eat after the pre-judging ,(Matt was getting ready for a show)
nice place...pricey tho
we all got steaks (like 30 bux a steak)
after dinner walking out to the parking lot Matt looks a "lil green"
"you all right dude" i ask?
Matt pukes up his dinner,all over the parking lot
next thing you know Matt is down on his hands and knees "scooping up"
the puked up steak in his hands and putting it in his mouth!
"WTF you doing dude?!?" i ask............
"Bro.................... i cant waste the protein"

body88

« Reply #2083 on: March 19, 2006, 06:06:21 PM »
This one is true as well
few years ago we all went to see the MR OLYMPIA in New York
Matt McLaughlin (a local area bodybuilder,won his class at the North Americans)
and a few of us went out to eat after the pre-judging ,(Matt was getting ready for a show)
nice place...pricey tho
we all got steaks (like 30 bux a steak)
after dinner walking out to the parking lot Matt looks a "lil green"
"you all right dude" i ask?
Matt pukes up his dinner,all over the parking lot
next thing you know Matt is down on his hands and knees "scooping up"
the puked up steak in his hands and putting it in his mouth!
"WTF you doing dude?!?" i ask............
"Bro.................... i cant waste the protein"

That is when you know you have a problem LOL

LLES

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2084 on: March 19, 2006, 07:24:55 PM »
I'm not trying to call you out on it.  And I'm not attacking your advice.

However, I have dieted before, so I do know the effects of a slowed metabolism and reduced food intake on the human body.  And I've built sites for many competitors while on various parts of their precontest diet, keeping records for them for their member sections on training and diet.

And most do not lose so much weight so fast, most do not look so sickly, most do not go to such extremes while still 20 weeks out.  Mike was drinking a half a gallon of gatorade a day, in addition to tons of food before.  His body was used to more calories- a lot more.  IMO the cut was too drastic.

You're the expert, not me, but this is a discussion board where differing opinions usually contribute to the best possible outcome.  For something as complex as a first precontest diet on a 40+ man at 250 pounds using gear and ECA, there may be major adjustments that need to be made.

In other words, the map may change, and the calories may have to come up.  He is losing too much muscle too fast, IMO.

Rob, I did not say you were calling me out. Also , I am far from being an expert, but the dieting you did to look good at the beach is a far,far cry from trying to diet for a show.As far as dropping weight so quick, all he's doing is flushing excess water& the top layer of fat off. I'm not just monitoring Mike on-line, I've already seen him in person on quite a few occasions & I can tell you he looks quite different in person. Mike has a long way to go in a relative short time & to get that fat that's interlaced in the muscles, he's got to get brutal & do it quick. The trick is trying to maintain as much muscle as possible in the process.He is going to burn up some muscle, it happens. I've competed several times & I can tell you I have never counted calories. As long as your protein/carb/fat ratio is where it should be at that particular time of the diet, you will be just fine. As far as looking sickly, You ever been backstage at a show, just about everyone(If they've done their homework)looks like they are about to fall over. BB is an illusion. Mike will be just fine as long as he's willing to suffer to get there,and anyone whose ever been onstage local or National level or above will tell you ,if you want to look the best you can, your going to suffer.

jeffrey.

• Getbig III
  • i love the pdi
« Reply #2085 on: March 19, 2006, 07:29:05 PM »

Rob, I did not say you were calling me out. Also , I am far from being an expert, but the dieting you did to look good at the beach is a far,far cry from trying to diet for a show.As far as dropping weight so quick, all he's doing is flushing excess water& the top layer of fat off. I'm not just monitoring Mike on-line, I've already seen him in person on quite a few occasions & I can tell you he looks quite different in person. Mike has a long way to go in a relative short time & to get that fat that's interlaced in the muscles, he's got to get brutal & do it quick. The trick is trying to maintain as much muscle as possible in the process.He is going to burn up some muscle, it happens. I've competed several times & I can tell you I have never counted calories. As long as your protein/carb/fat ratio is where it should be at that particular time of the diet, you will be just fine. As far as looking sickly, You ever been backstage at a show, just about everyone(If they've done their homework)looks like they are about to fall over. BB is an illusion. Mike will be just fine as long as he's willing to suffer to get there,and anyone whose ever been onstage local or National level or above will tell you ,if you want to look the best you can, your going to suffer.
that's so true.i feel guilty when i'm dieting if i am not totally wiped out.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #2086 on: March 20, 2006, 05:33:33 AM »
Mike!  That rear lat spread is looking good, bro!  Talk about getting it done!  You are really taking care of business, man.  Keep up the great work.   I can't believe how much you continue to improve.  I hope you are starting to see what Larry's been trying to tell you.  Keep it up man. 

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
« Reply #2087 on: March 20, 2006, 10:41:33 AM »
That protein intake it perfect... Mike is 250 lbs...

when I started training I was taking my body weight in protein in 145 at the time....  I got to 200 lbs but I noticed I had a gained body fat that with my metabolism was unacceptable..

I upped my protein to 300 grams and calculated that into my caloric intake as a larger percentage.

I dieted down to about 173 lbs and was ripped to the bone... I then bulked again but this time with my protein at 300 grams same total Cal's same training methods all aspects except the protein I kept the same... When I got to a little over 200 I was much leaner I was 21 at time of these pics.....

This is a pic of me from a few years ago when consuming close to 5000 Cal's a day.... BF prob around 11 percent which is not bad for 30 lb total bulk.

An yes monster triceps I know lol..... Although to my defense the angle of the pic does not show my arms and makes them smaller.. They are only 17 1/2 inches in that pic anyway but hey what ya gonna do better than 145 lol

17 1/2 ? ? ?

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #2088 on: March 20, 2006, 11:16:13 AM »

I never felt good dieting for a show.  Specially the last few days.  On the day of the show, for some reason, I always got a head splitting migrane.  And, since I did not want to take any chances of holding water, I couldn't take any pain medication.  It was brutal.

I remember the prejudging for one of my shows.  I was called out for 4-5 comparisons.  If they would have asked me for one more, I would have dropped right there & then.

Did someone say this was supposed to be fun?
w

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2089 on: March 20, 2006, 11:41:19 AM »

No.  >:(

It's just that his don't look fake like yours.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #2090 on: March 20, 2006, 11:59:37 AM »
I just want to suck on his manhood....is that so wrong?

yes it is

LLES

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2091 on: March 20, 2006, 02:02:17 PM »
I never felt good dieting for a show.  Specially the last few days.  On the day of the show, for some reason, I always got a head splitting migrane.  And, since I did not want to take any chances of holding water, I couldn't take any pain medication.  It was brutal.

I remember the prejudging for one of my shows.  I was called out for 4-5 comparisons.  If they would have asked me for one more, I would have dropped right there & then.

Did someone say this was supposed to be fun?

Ms, the headache was likely from restricting your water. The first sign of dehydration is a severe headache.The closest I ever came to passing outin my life was during prejudging. Held the poses so long & hard I actually had tunnel-vision & it keep getting narrower & narrower. I said "F-it, if I pass out I'm hitting the floor face-first". Right when the tunnel got about the size of a baseball, the judges said , "Relax".It went like that the whole time. I thought I'd never get off that stage.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #2092 on: March 20, 2006, 02:21:07 PM »
That's funny...exactly how I remember it.  What's amazing is that looking back at the video tapes, I actually had very good stage precense and managed to hit poses well.  I was the only one who know that I was on the verge of collapsing.  You're right about the dehydration.

Here is a tip Mike.  Watch video tapes of the great posers (Shawn Ray, Lee Labrada, etc.) over and over every night and visualize yourself on stage.  When the time comes, even if you are on the verge of collapsing, you'll be on auto pilot & make it through...
w

LLES

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2093 on: March 20, 2006, 02:31:48 PM »
We went to the Sunshine Classic this weekend. Darrem Charles guest-posed. First time  I've ever seem him. Not only was he in phenomenal shape , but I have NEVER seen a better rountine than the one he did. He was absolutely amazing.

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2094 on: March 20, 2006, 02:42:18 PM »
Darrem is my fav. to watch pose of all the pros today..

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #2095 on: March 20, 2006, 03:54:14 PM »
I've seen him pose several times...he rocks.  Definitely one of the best ever.
w

body88

« Reply #2096 on: March 20, 2006, 04:32:31 PM »

17 1/2 ? ? ?

Ya, when the shot was taken it was on a time set cam.... I wanted to show my lats of as best as i could so i pushed my arms forward in the relaxed pose.... The angle makes them look alot more weak than they really are....17 1/2 inches is small. I know im not huge but i started at 145 2 yrs before so I did well for what i wanted to do.

My arms are not big but def not as weak as that pic makes them look.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2097 on: March 21, 2006, 08:21:58 AM »
Matt McLaughlin

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #2098 on: March 21, 2006, 01:24:15 PM »
Matt McLaughlin

Matt looked awesome as a teen...But he should have listened to Kevin McGuann and not tried to put on so much weight so quick...The belly just got way out of hand...

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2099 on: March 21, 2006, 05:49:42 PM »

Matt looked awesome as a teen...But he should have listened to Kevin McGuann and not tried to put on so much weight so quick...The belly just got way out of hand...

true...................(you know Kevin???)

i have known Kevin seems like forever