Author Topic: The Making of The Long Road to Compete 2005 -2007  (Read 751381 times)

body88

Re: The Making of The Long Road to Compete 2005 -2007
« Reply #2150 on: March 23, 2006, 02:10:56 PM »
Mike, in the midst of my ongoing criticism, I just want to emphasize that your physique improvement IS very noticable + very commendable.  Self-improvement is always cool.

My only quibble is how I define a "competitive bodybuilder" vs what 'Spin and others define it as, and this definition's implications for bb as a sport.

Again, good work, + good luck whatever you decide to do.

Post some pics

Mike you look awsome bro, compete in that show for the experience and also the reward of all this  hard work. Everything you learn from this you will be able to apply to competitions after you do you're show in June...

Keep it up bro we are all behind you!

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
« Reply #2151 on: March 23, 2006, 03:58:06 PM »
I agree with Mindspin here.  Plus, doing a bodybuilding show, really, is all about building an obtical illusion.  You see these dudes walking around the crowd, and then see them on stage, they look about 50lbs bigger.

Mike looks good in these pics, not insane, but good.  Once he is diced and tanned and oiled, compiled with the lighting in the show................its all about the obticle illusion, he just might end up looking insane.

"obticle"

Optical.  Not even close.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #2152 on: March 23, 2006, 05:21:59 PM »
WOW................(i missed a lot tonite lol!)

im just going to "keep on keeping on" and avoid/disregard all negativity
thanks for all your great support guys!

it means a great deal to me

(yea i get a little depressed sometimes looking at my pics
i wanna look better,wanna look "insane"
ill tell you one thing...im going to be the BEST   Mike Arvilla come contest day that
i can possible be!
if i get beat it wont be from my lack of trying or Heart)

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #2153 on: March 23, 2006, 06:37:31 PM »
'Spin-

I see yer point, but if you call yourself a bb'er, I think you should be more muscular than another athlete, or else what are you really doing + what kind of competition is bb?

If a college football player can come off the playing field, walk on stage + look better than you, then exactly what type of "bodybuilder" are you?

Remember when strongmen contest winners would sometimes enter the physique contest, beat everyone + then  laugh at bodybuilding?

Not good for bb.....

This is analogous to the old argument of "Should you applaud/give an A for effort out of shape people who get in the best shape of their life, enter a bb contest, but frankly dont look very good?".

Sorry, but I 100% agree with Mr. Incredible's comment that "We're coming up with new ways to celebrate mediocrity."

In short:

1. Compete in a sport if you're competitive.  
2. Otherwise just have fun in your chosen sport, but don't pretend you're a competitive athlete, as it makes your sport look bad.

most professional bodybuilders could start in the nfl on the line, or some at linebacker...some would even be all pro, just with their size and strength.    hell...ronnie would probably be the best d lineman of all time if he played.

so no one in the nfl should be playing?? because bodybuilders are better?

i agree with what your saying...dont compete unless you are a bodybuuilder, but, not to th e extent where a guy like mike cant compete.

now, a guy ike bald, or jeffery...thats a different story.   stick to gymnastics, queerbaits!! ahha
d[-_-]b actin all cool

bb doc

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2154 on: March 23, 2006, 07:27:39 PM »
Candidate -

Not exactly.

Brock Lesnar - former NCAA national wrestling champ + former WWE champ tried out for the NFL but just couldnt make the cut.

Dude has/had AMAZING size/strenght/speed (bigger, stronger, faster....) but just didnt have the football skills.

bb doc

LLES

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2155 on: March 23, 2006, 08:42:49 PM »
I don't agree with that.  Even if Mike doesn't look "INSANE", going through the process of prepping for a show is a valuable experience from which he learn not just a lot more about bodybuilding, but about the kind of man he is.  Come show time, if he can look at himself in the mirror and honestly say that he did everything he could to be at his best, then it's all worth it. 

Once again I agree w/MS. Doc, if everyone followed your advice, there would be no BB. You'd never feel like you were big enough or in good enough shape to get onstage. Start slow ,strip the fat away & see what you really look like & take it from there.

jeffrey.

• Getbig III
  • i love the pdi
« Reply #2156 on: March 23, 2006, 09:10:39 PM »
most professional bodybuilders could start in the nfl on the line, or some at linebacker...some would even be all pro, just with their size and strength.    hell...ronnie would probably be the best d lineman of all time if he played.

i agree with what your saying...dont compete unless you are a bodybuuilder, but, not to th e extent where a guy like mike cant compete.

now, a guy ike bald, or jeffery...thats a different story.   stick to gymnastics, queerbaits!! ahha
keep hating dickhead,and i'll keep winning......sounds like a good deal to me. :)

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
« Reply #2157 on: March 24, 2006, 12:21:21 AM »

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
« Reply #2158 on: March 24, 2006, 06:21:04 AM »

Man you need to shut the hell up cause your 16yr old 235lbs 10% BF ass has no idea what the hell your talking about.. Ronnie could have been the best DB ever??????

There is much more to an NFL position than size and strength bud.. the game is more mental than some people realize, the knowhow of being in the right position @ a certain time, the ability to read plays/quarterback, the check off of all the opponents opposite the ball.

You boy are a gimmick and your replys dirty up threads,

And what do you know about competing?
Giving 110%

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2159 on: March 24, 2006, 08:17:49 AM »
here is a pic of myself compared to my buddy and soon to be pro Jack London

i got a long long way to go .........but with a few years of blood sweat and tears

who knows..............peace

MIKE

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2160 on: March 24, 2006, 08:19:00 AM »
a few years of blood sweat and tears................... .............

this could be a reality

peace ..........MIKE

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2161 on: March 24, 2006, 08:40:49 AM »
As in any sport, you have to have the skills to play the game.  It's not all size.  What is all this discussion regarding size of a bodybuilder to the size of players in NFL.  Hell, the NFL had guys from Tony Dorset to William Perry and every size in between playing pro ball. 
:D Weee

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
« Reply #2162 on: March 24, 2006, 08:52:14 AM »
As in any sport, you have to have the skills to play the game.  It's not all size.  What is all this discussion regarding size of a bodybuilder to the size of players in NFL.  Hell, the NFL had guys from Tony Dorset to William Perry and every size in between playing pro ball. 

C- the boy is a gimmick and so are his words/stats/ect... In time I hope I can gather the maturity and ignore this Lil goo-goo doll.

now back to the topic @ hand....

Its FRIDAY LADIES.....
http://media.putfile.com/andrew---wk-Party-Hard
Giving 110%

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #2163 on: March 24, 2006, 08:56:46 AM »

Well....Bobybuilding is not a sport....so what are you referring too?

bald

• Getbig IV
  • Squat Till You Puke!
« Reply #2164 on: March 24, 2006, 09:30:59 AM »
"obticle"

Optical.  Not even close.

wow, I misspelled something.  Thats a shocker ::)
W

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2165 on: March 24, 2006, 09:44:20 AM »
Well....Bobybuilding is not a sport....so what are you referring too?

First off if you don't believe bb is a sport, what do you think of "football" (as that was mentioned in my post) knny, and although bodybuilding does not fall in the "category" of sports, it is viewed by sports fans, when broadcasted it is on sports channels, and the fact that physical strength, agility, stamina and sacrifice are involved in such, along with competition ... I personally would categorize it as a sport, not just an industry.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #2166 on: March 24, 2006, 10:08:47 AM »
First off if you don't believe bb is a sport, what do you think of "football" (as that was mentioned in my post) knny, and although bodybuilding does not fall in the "category" of sports, it is viewed by sports fans, when broadcasted it is on sports channels, and the fact that physical strength, agility, stamina and sacrifice are involved in such, along with competition ... I personally would categorize it as a sport, not just an industry.

Who cares if it's on TV....I guess CSI are real detectives too?

It's never mentioned on ESPN News Coverage or any other sports news coverage.

It will make local news from times to times (just like when the circus comes to town) but have you ever realized why when it is on the news....the sports news broadcasters won't be covering the story?  They usually give the assignment to some moron that just started on the station.

You can't make a legitimate bet & no bookie in the world will make money off bodybuilding.

I can be a fan of bodybuilding....but it's not a sport.

Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, & Harry Potter have fans....but I guess thats not real either.

Bodybuilding IMO can be viewed as a lifestyle or a form of Art but not as an athletic sport or sporting event.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2167 on: March 24, 2006, 10:20:52 AM »
You compare "fantasy TV and movies" with bodybuilding?  LMAO

I've had enough bantering with you knny.  This thread wasn't created for that.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #2168 on: March 24, 2006, 10:24:56 AM »
You compare "fantasy TV and movies" with bodybuilding?  LMAO

I've had enough bantering with you knny.  This thread wasn't created for that.

When your comparing Bodybuilding as a sport.....

comparing fantasy tv & movie with bodybuilding is a closer comparison.

Read the entire thread next time....I gave you valid points in my argument.

Bets can't be made on Bodybuilding & no bookie will ever do it.  It's not a real sport & hell, Ben can't get it recognized in the Olympics.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2169 on: March 24, 2006, 11:22:10 AM »
When your comparing Bodybuilding as a sport.....

comparing fantasy tv & movie with bodybuilding is a closer comparison.

Read the entire thread next time....I gave you valid points in my argument.

Bets can't be made on Bodybuilding & no bookie will ever do it.  It's not a real sport & hell, Ben can't get it recognized in the Olympics.

You're right knny, cuz everyone knows that Coleman, Cutler, Jackson, Martinez, Ruhl, etc don't lift actual weights, they are lifting plastic or better yet they are added via illusion like the light sabers in Star Wars. 

I read the entire thread, my point where I originally posted was regarding the NFL players in comparison to bodybuilders.

Regarding placing bets on Bodybuilding, I wouldn't know why bookies don't consider bodybuilding competition bets, seeing they do place bets on the WWF (but I guess that's considered a "real" sport).

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
« Reply #2170 on: March 24, 2006, 11:33:18 AM »
here is a pic of myself compared to my buddy and soon to be pro Jack London

i got a long long way to go .........but with a few years of blood sweat and tears

who knows..............peace

MIKE

Good luck Mike.  Remember to get a regular check up on your heart.  You're in your 40's and you've eaten like shit most of your life.  Now you're going down a very dangerous road.  Be careful. 

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #2171 on: March 24, 2006, 11:33:46 AM »
You're right knny, cuz everyone knows that Coleman, Cutler, Jackson, Martinez, Ruhl, etc don't lift actual weights, they are lifting plastic or better yet they are added via illusion like the light sabers in Star Wars. 

I read the entire thread, my point where I originally posted was regarding the NFL players in comparison to bodybuilders.

Regarding placing bets on Bodybuilding, I wouldn't know why bookies don't consider bodybuilding competition bets, seeing they do place bets on the WWF (but I guess that's considered a "real" sport).

Nobody makes legit bets on the WWF.  Where the hell you get this information from?

What's lifting real weights have anything to do with bodybuilding being considered a sport?  Do you realize how st00pid your making this sound?

Bodybuilding is not a sport & it's not even an athletic event.  Bodybuilding is a beauty pageant...nothing more...nothing less.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2172 on: March 24, 2006, 12:34:08 PM »
Mike, how do you know Jack London?

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #2173 on: March 24, 2006, 12:38:34 PM »

Good luck Mike.  Remember to get a regular check up on your heart.  You're in your 40's and you've eaten like shit most of your life.  Now you're going down a very dangerous road.  Be careful. 

Good point.  Mike, you already have 15 years of training behind you, right?  And you are where you are without claiming to be natural, right?  So I hope that your great determination to take your physique to a near pro-like level in "a few years" is muted by a full understanding of the health risks that could lie ahead from doing whatever it takes in pursuit of your lofty goal.  (Nonetheless, your determination is commendable.)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2174 on: March 24, 2006, 01:51:10 PM »
Nobody makes legit bets on the WWF.  Where the hell you get this information from?

What's lifting real weights have anything to do with bodybuilding being considered a sport?  Do you realize how st00pid your making this sound?

Bodybuilding is not a sport & it's not even an athletic event.  Bodybuilding is a beauty pageant...nothing more...nothing less.
The only thing "st00pid" here is you going out of you way to argue with me knny.  You remind me of a kindergardener with a crush.  ::)

________________________ ________

Back to Michael's Road to Compete...

I think he is looking great and believe he is going to surprise himself along with many getbiggers at his show.

Good Luck Baby   :-*

x0x