Author Topic: Poll: should I stop (pretending to be) lifting weights and just give up?  (Read 15481 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
38, lifelong natural...used some prohormones back in 1999-2000 and taking OTC tren now. 

With the exception of working out, I'm behind my desk most of the day. 

90min - 2 hours of cardio per day with keto diet.  Oh, and don't forget the daily ab work. 

I'm not saying he'll be ripped in 2-3 weeks, but he'll see his abs. 

Bye Bye muscles and strength... ;D
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
90min - 2 hours of cardio per day with keto diet.  Oh, and don't forget the daily ab work. 
I'm not saying he'll be ripped in 2-3 weeks, but he'll see his abs.

Are you serious?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Are you serious?

LOL. With a net loss of 6kg of muscle mass and -10kg on all lifts... ;D
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
You can have "visible abs" at 20% bodyfat. It all depends on how your bodyfat is distributed on your frame.

I can see my abs, no problem. However, my struggles are keeping the "love handles" in check (especially, when trying to put on mass).

I agree, 2-3 weeks won't make any significant difference though when at 20% bodyfat to begin with.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I agree, 2-3 weeks won't make any significant difference though when at 20% bodyfat to begin with.

I am a fat bastard... ;D
I hate the State.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Bye Bye muscles and strength... ;D

You said you wanted to be lean. 

If you're concerned about your mass, up your total calories, and adjust your ratios, dropping your carbs to 20-25%.

This stuff is all tweakable.  I merely gave you a quick fix.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
You said you wanted to be lean. 

If you're concerned about your mass, up your total calories, and adjust your ratios, dropping your carbs to 20-25%.

This stuff is all tweakable.  I merely gave you a quick fix.

I think the goal of any diet is to preserve maximum of muscle mass with a maximum loss of fat...no? I am making slow progress but that is ok, not super rushed or anything.
I hate the State.

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
I suggest Deicide tweaks his 'steady state' a bit, drop a few calories from the diet, train hard and do some cardio ( not the treadmill crap; outside, fresh air, tabata style, intervals, whatever).
He'll slowly lose fat while still being able to keep building muscle.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I think the goal of any diet is to preserve maximum of muscle mass with a maximum loss of fat...no? I am making slow progress but that is ok, not super rushed or anything.

Not quite! That's why bodybuilders have "off-season" and "pre-contest" diets.