Author Topic: To all those laughing at Adonis for his method ...  (Read 23555 times)

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
Re: To all those laughing at Adonis for his method ...
« Reply #225 on: July 08, 2009, 10:54:48 AM »
when lifting, you need aproximately 0.65g/kg in order to retain muscle mass. (1.43grams per lb)

when sedentary, you need .8g/kg.

You must have switched the kg with the lb numbers?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #226 on: July 08, 2009, 10:58:56 AM »
You must have switched the kg with the lb numbers?

WOOOOWWWWW

fuck that was a stupid mistake.

i didnt mix up the numbers, what i did was instead of dividing the kilogram number, i doubled it.

okay, so, let me re-phrase =

when lifting, you need aproximately 0.65g/kg in order to retain muscle mass. (.3 grams per lb)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #227 on: July 08, 2009, 11:03:07 AM »
with that being said...here are the benefits of over eating protein.

Increased Thermic Effect of Feeding — While all macronutrients require metabolic processing for digestion, absorption, and storage or oxidation, the thermic effect of protein is roughly double that of carbohydrates and fat. Therefore, eating protein is actually thermogenic and can lead to a higher metabolic rate. This means greater fat loss when dieting and less fat gain during overfeeding.

Increased Glucagon — Protein consumption increases plasma concentrations of the hormone glucagon. Glucagon is responsible for antagonizing the effects of insulin in adipose tissue, leading to greater fat mobilization. In addition, glucagon also decreases the amounts and activities of the enzymes responsible for making and storing fat in adipose and liver cells. Again, this leads to greater fat loss during dieting and less fat gain during overfeeding.

Increased IGF-1 — Protein and amino-acid supplementation has been shown to increase the IGF-1 response to both exercise and feeding. Since IGF-1 is an anabolic hormone that's related to muscle growth, another advantage associated with consuming more protein is more muscle growth when overfeeding and/or muscle sparing when dieting.

Reduction in Cardiovascular Risk — Several studies have shown that increasing the percentage of protein in the diet (from 11% to 23%) while decreasing the percentage of carbohydrate (from 63% to 48%) lowers LDL cholesterol and triglyceride concentrations with concomitant increases in HDL cholesterol concentrations.

Improved Weight-Loss Profile — Brand spankin' new research by Layman and colleagues has demonstrated that reducing the carbohydrate ratio from 3.5 - 1 to 1.4 - 1 increases body fat loss, spares muscle mass, reduces triglyceride concentrations, improves satiety, and improves blood glucose management (Layman et al 2003 — If you're at all interested in protein intake, you've gotta go read the January and February issues of the Journal of Nutrition. Layman has three interesting articles in the two journals).

Increased Protein Turnover — As I've discussed before in my article Precision Nutrition, all tissues of the body, including muscle, go through a regular program of turnover. Since the balance between protein breakdown and protein synthesis governs muscle protein turnover, you need to increase your protein turnover rates in order to best improve your muscle quality. A high protein diet does just this. By increasing both protein synthesis and protein breakdown, a high protein diet helps you get rid of the old muscle more quickly and build up new, more functional muscle to take its place.

Increased Nitrogen Status — Earlier I indicated that a positive nitrogen status means that more protein is entering the body than is leaving the body. High protein diets cause a strong positive protein status and when this increased protein availability is coupled with an exercise program that increases the body's anabolic efficiency, the growth process may be accelerated.

Increased Provision of Auxiliary Nutrients — Although the benefits mentioned above have related specifically to protein and amino acids, it's important to recognize that we don't just eat protein and amino acids — we eat food. Therefore, high protein diets often provide auxiliary nutrients that could enhance performance and/or muscle growth. These nutrients include creatine, branched chain amino acids, conjugated linoleic acids, and/or additional nutrients that are important but remain to be discovered. This illustrates the need to get most of your protein from food, rather than supplements alone.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #228 on: July 08, 2009, 11:08:58 AM »
WOOOOWWWWW

fuck that was a stupid mistake.

i didnt mix up the numbers, what i did was instead of dividing the kilogram number, i doubled it.

okay, so, let me re-phrase =

when lifting, you need aproximately 0.65g/kg in order to retain muscle mass. (.3 grams per lb)

You need less when you're lifting?
These numbers seem low, where are they from?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #229 on: July 08, 2009, 11:33:27 AM »
You need less when you're lifting?
These numbers seem low, where are they from?

http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?fromPage=online&aid=848644

http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/proprejudice.htm

Specifically, the research of Butterfield and Calloway suggests that athletes may actually need less protein due to an increase in protein efficiency that may accompany chronic training (Butterfield and Calloway 1984). What this means is that athletes may actually get more efficient in their protein use (i.e. increased anabolic efficiency) and therefore may need less protein than the 0.8g/kg required for sedentary individuals!

athletes may actually need fewer protein grams per day than the typical sedentary dose of 0.8g/kg. Actually, the Butterfield study suggests an exact number: 0.65g/kg.

http://www.unu.edu/unupress/food2/UID07E/uid07e0y.htm

As in the rat experiments, these findings indicate that physical activity can modify the efficiency of dietary energy and protein utilization.

This suggests that sustained physical activity has a protein-sparing effect.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #230 on: July 08, 2009, 12:05:45 PM »

http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?fromPage=online&aid=848644

http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/proprejudice.htm

Specifically, the research of Butterfield and Calloway suggests that athletes may actually need less protein due to an increase in protein efficiency that may accompany chronic training (Butterfield and Calloway 1984). What this means is that athletes may actually get more efficient in their protein use (i.e. increased anabolic efficiency) and therefore may need less protein than the 0.8g/kg required for sedentary individuals!

athletes may actually need fewer protein grams per day than the typical sedentary dose of 0.8g/kg. Actually, the Butterfield study suggests an exact number: 0.65g/kg.

http://www.unu.edu/unupress/food2/UID07E/uid07e0y.htm

As in the rat experiments, these findings indicate that physical activity can modify the efficiency of dietary energy and protein utilization.

This suggests that sustained physical activity has a protein-sparing effect.

Interesting. I tried below 1g/kg body weight and my body composition suffered on the cut. Just my observation of course.

whateva

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #231 on: July 08, 2009, 02:12:48 PM »
Oh no
Not this shit again  :'(

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #232 on: July 08, 2009, 02:15:02 PM »
Oh no
Not this shit again  :'(

Well I don't like being called a liar.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #233 on: July 08, 2009, 02:15:46 PM »

Ich hab dich lieb! :)
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #234 on: July 08, 2009, 02:16:59 PM »
Ich hab dich lieb! :)

Danke Bruder des Eisens

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #235 on: July 08, 2009, 05:32:31 PM »

I bet he banged all of those school girls  :D

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #236 on: July 08, 2009, 05:33:59 PM »

Stop being so damn touchy 8)

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #237 on: July 08, 2009, 05:36:00 PM »

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #238 on: July 09, 2009, 05:26:33 AM »
You can rely on me to take the low road, Tape.  :)

And you'll be in Scotland afore me.