Author Topic: Police Union condemns Obama over "stupid" comments.  (Read 19020 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Police Union condemns Obama over "stupid" comments.
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2009, 06:40:45 PM »
:'(

To be fair to all engaged here, the situation wasn't cut and dry. It seems we all have some valid points. But it seems the media, Obama, Gates and The Race Bait Idiots are going to make it out to be like Rodney King and try to get some $$$ and political power, book sales and speaking engagement and fame out of this.

You're right, Beach, when you said this really isn't that big of an event. But it sure will turn into a circus.

It will turn into a circus because you have a black president commenting on this incident involving a black man.  This is a race issue lottery win for the media.

That being said,  regardless of how much of a fool gates was acting, once it was established it was his house the cop should have just dropped it and left. 

And you are right, Gates will milk this for every dam drop.  He should thank the cop.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2009, 06:57:54 PM »
It will turn into a circus because you have a black president commenting on this incident involving a black man.  This is a race issue lottery win for the media.

That being said,  regardless of how much of a fool gates was acting, once it was established it was his house the cop should have just dropped it and left. 

And you are right, Gates will milk this for every dam drop.  He should thank the cop.

Alright. I agree.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2009, 09:23:47 PM »
I absolutely hate cops. 9/10ths of them are worthless lowlifes who wanted an easy civil service job where they could carry guns and push people around with no consequences. The 1/10th of them that are good dont interact with the public for the most part because they are actually doing important work- catching rapists murderers, etc.

Cops absolutely target minorities, no ifs ands or buts. For anyone who lives in a major city and has been locked up in central bookings or otherwise, it is honestly mind boggling how many blacks are in jail for crimes that are so absurdly meaningless its pathetic. Granted, black people commit more crimes in the United States- That is a fact. However, some are blatantly picked on to boost arrest statistics, to make the pigs look good or just to fuck with them for no reason.

This guy got arrested in Cambridge Mass!!! If aliens landed on this planet and wanted to find the most progressive dick pimple they could find, they'd probably land there or in San Fran. And guess what? Orders are orders. Cops have to follow procedure; No common sense, no intelligence, no second guessing.

In a small way I do feel bad for them though. If they arrest a black for no reason, they get called racists. If they let a black go who commits crime on their watch, then they are incompetent. Either way-- Screw the cops. 

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2009, 09:25:09 PM »
I have a buddy who went through a window in his own home.  Multiple officers arrived at the scene.  It's called doing your job.
Squishy face retard

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2009, 09:34:01 PM »

Cops have to follow procedure; No common sense, no intelligence, no second guessing.

They do need to use common sense which they didn't in this particular case for both immediate and far reaching reasons.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2009, 09:35:56 PM »
I have a buddy who went through a window in his own home.  Multiple officers arrived at the scene.  It's called doing your job.

Same thing happened to me once.  I had just moved in so my ID didn't reflect my new address.  However a passing neighbor vouched for me.

These cops were doing their job up until after they found out he lived there.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2009, 12:27:40 AM »
I don't really care about the race issue and I'm not looking at it from that angle at all.  To me, this is about the sanctity of your home and the limits of police authority.  Let's assume the man was yelling very loudly (he probably was).  Let's assume he was being a total and complete jerk.  He was still in his own house.  He did show the cop two forms of ID, which verified that he was in his home.  That should have been the end.  Cop should have just got in his car and drove away.  Poor judgment on his part to arrest the guy.    

They've dropped the charges, the POTUS commented on it, the media was all over it.  It became a huge story when it shouldn't have been a story at all.  Now everyone needs to just let it go.    

In total agreement with you there. Once it was established he was in his own home, ...that should have been the end of it. Police officers don't like looking like fools. When they get into a d*ck swinging contest, ...they prefer to win. Having the authority to slap cuffs on someone and actually doing it, is perceived as winning. I agree with Obama, the police acted stupidly. Now they have a black eye and a PR nightmare on their hands. It is not Gates' job to contain a situation, ...it is the police's. For this incident to culminate in an arrest, it is clear the officer made a very regrettable decision and displayed very poor judgement.

ps: As an aside, ...wouldn't you just love to be a fly on the wall to hear what crawley's superiors had to say to him?  ;D
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2009, 12:40:50 AM »
Same thing happened to me once.  I had just moved in so my ID didn't reflect my new address.  However a passing neighbor vouched for me.

Passing neighbour?  It could have been your accomplice.  ;)
You should have been subjected to a body cavity search.... without KY!

These cops were doing their job up until after they found out he lived there.

Yep. Once they discovered it was his home, they should have simply apologized for any inconvenience and left.

It has been my experience that police officers often seem to forget when and where to "turn off their training".
I understand they need to establish authority, particularly their authority over a given situation, however, that "authority" ends at the threshold of someone's door, especially within the home of a former suspect whose innocence has been established. They want to take charge, and remain in charge despite it being no longer warranted, or appropriate. Stupid decisions can lead to stupid unecessary outcomes as we see here.
w

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2009, 04:05:51 AM »
i know skip gates from when i lived in boston.  he was a screaming queen back then and i'm certain is still one today.  you dont need to be a rocket scientist to figure it out.  drama queen, had a break in perviously.  what was it, another pick-pocket hustler again?  it would have been better to send a black cop to the house because queen gates would have enjoyed it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2009, 04:56:33 AM »
i know skip gates from when i lived in boston.  he was a screaming queen back then and i'm certain is still one today.  you dont need to be a rocket scientist to figure it out.  drama queen, had a break in perviously.  what was it, another pick-pocket hustler again?  it would have been better to send a black cop to the house because queen gates would have enjoyed it.

Gates had no reason to call the cop racist and start that nonsense.  It seems to me that his screaming and accusing the cop of racism is what escalated this mess. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2009, 05:16:40 AM »
Gates had no reason to call the cop racist and start that nonsense.  It seems to me that his screaming and accusing the cop of racism is what escalated this mess. 

maybe....but you weren't there....you don't know that....the fact is any cop with a brain would have just walked away when it was established that Gates was in his own house....as long as he didn't hit the cop, the cop had no cause for arrest...it is clear he arrested Gates to "teach him a lesson"

funny that you automatically believe the cop's version....because it fits into your pre-set mindset...I worked in NY central booking for years and I can tell you first hand that cops fudge their reports all the time to make themselves look good and to cover themselves....

they are human like everyone else....don't always automatically believe any cop...yes they should be given the benefit of the doubt sometimes..but look at each circumstance clearly

maybe one of the factors was that Gates had just come from a long trip and was tired and irritated that he could not get into his own house....

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2009, 05:22:02 AM »

maybe....but you weren't there....you don't know that....the fact is any cop with a brain would have just walked away when it was established that Gates was in his own house....as long as he didn't hit the cop, the cop had no cause for arrest...it is clear he arrested Gates to "teach him a lesson"

funny that you automatically believe the cop's version....because it fits into your pre-set mindset...I worked in NY central booking for years and I can tell you first hand that cops fudge their reports all the time to make themselves look good and to cover themselves....

they are human like everyone else....don't always automatically believe any cop...yes they should be given the benefit of the doubt sometimes..but look at each circumstance clearly

maybe one of the factors was that Gates had just come from a long trip and was tired and irritated that he could not get into his own house....

No.  I am going by the report, by the evidence released so far, Gates' history, etc.

I cant stand most cops, but I cant stand rabble rousers eaither. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2009, 05:27:11 AM »
dude....do you honestly believe a policeman is going to hand in a report to his superiors that makes him look bad???..not going to happen.....and the fact he was a rabble-rouser..so what?....the police played right into his hands by arresting him...

also if this was such a great and just arrest, why were the charges dropped and why did his superiors not stand behind their man???

c,mon

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2009, 05:30:11 AM »
dude....do you honestly believe a policeman is going to hand in a report to his superiors that makes him look bad???..not going to happen.....and the fact he was a rabble-rouser..so what?....the police played right into his hands by arresting him...

also if this was such a great and just arrest, why were the charges dropped and why did his superiors not stand behind their man???

c,mon

Come on bro, we are both bronxites.  Lets be straight on this. 

I am white, and if I were under the same scenario with a black cop and called him a bunch of racist things and told him "ill see yo mamma on the porch", my ass would be in the tombs so fast and you know it.   

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2009, 05:43:47 AM »
Come on bro, we are both bronxites.  Lets be straight on this. 

I am white, and if I were under the same scenario with a black cop and called him a bunch of racist things and told him "ill see yo mamma on the porch", my ass would be in the tombs so fast and you know it.   

And given the scenario you describe, your arrest would make the police officer's actions what?...
It would make your arrest for breaking into your own home what?...

A police officer isn't given a gun & a badge to roam the streets settling personal scores or avenging hurt feelings.
To effect arrests based on bruised egos or insulting comments makes that officer's actions what?... STUPID!
...especially when it results in a PR nightmare for his department, and setbacks in community relations for himself and his/her colleagues. And while we're on the subject, ...why is it that people get to criticize the President, his actions, and decisions everyday, ...yet the President has no right to criticize the actions of others?

What happened was plain stupid, and Obama was not out of line to say so. It was stupid. Rather than bashing Obama, you should be grateful that you at least have a President in the oval office willing to speak plainly, frankly, and truthfully! One who is willing to point out the elephant in the room. It was stupid!
w

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2009, 06:08:43 AM »
the Gates i know would have enjoyed seeing big black cops.  not, white ones.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2009, 06:14:50 AM »
And given the scenario you describe, your arrest would make the police officer's actions what?...

A police officer isn't given a gun & a badge to roam the streets settling personal scores or avenging hurt feelings.
To effect arrests based on bruised egos or insulting comments makes that officer's actions what?... STUPID!
...especially when it results in a PR nightmare for his department, and setbacks in community relations for himself and his/her colleagues. And while we're on the subject, ...why is it that people get to criticize the President, his actions, and decisions everyday, ...yet the President has no right to criticize the actions of others?

What happened was plain stupid, and Obama was not out of line to say so. It was stupid. Rather than bashing Obama, you should be grateful that you at least have a President in the oval office willing to speak plainly, frankly, and truthfully! One who is willing to point out the elephant in the room. It was stupid!

THANK YOU!!!! :)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2009, 06:15:19 AM »

Jag, GMAFB!

Cops are like a gang or a crew.  You dont argue with them unless you want a beat down, espcially in Yonkers and the Bronx.  The last thing one does is to start hurling racist nonsense at them in public.  

Its not right, but you have to have some street smarts if you want to avoid a beat down.  Gates is obviously to caught up in his harvard garbage. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2009, 06:17:33 AM »
Jag, GMAFB!

Cops are like a gang or a crew.  You dont argue with them unless you want a beat down, espcially in Yonkers and the Bronx.  The last thing one does is to start hurling racist nonsense at them in public.  

Its not right, but you have to have some street smarts if you want to avoid a beat down.  Gates is obviously to caught up in his harvard garbage. 

Check this out. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2009, 06:18:58 AM »
I don't really care about the race issue and I'm not looking at it from that angle at all.  To me, this is about the sanctity of your home and the limits of police authority.  Let's assume the man was yelling very loudly (he probably was).  Let's assume he was being a total and complete jerk.  He was still in his own house.  He did show the cop two forms of ID, which verified that he was in his home.  That should have been the end.  Cop should have just got in his car and drove away.  Poor judgment on his part to arrest the guy.    

They've dropped the charges, the POTUS commented on it, the media was all over it.  It became a huge story when it shouldn't have been a story at all.  Now everyone needs to just let it go.    

yeah..the whole point of it was...IT WAS HIS HOUSE. when they found out...they should have left....plain and simple

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2009, 06:21:37 AM »
yeah..the whole point of it was...IT WAS HIS HOUSE. when they found out...they should have left....plain and simple

When Gates yelled about the cops "mama" the cop should have splattered his head all over the sidewalk.A typical little sawed off runt thinking hes a tough guy because he brings out the black attitude.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2009, 06:22:37 AM »

I dont disagree, but from what I understand, Gates started screaming racist stuff at him and wouldnt stop, in public.

You just dont do that.  Its common sense.   

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2009, 06:23:24 AM »

THANK YOU!!!! :)

Be sure to give him a reach-around as well.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2009, 06:24:28 AM »
Jag, GMAFB!

Well then if that's the case, ...investigations into the conduct of police would therefore be warranted no?

Just listen to yourself. You say the police are like a gang, prone to violence, and the public who they're sworn & charged to protect & serve, should cower in front of them to avoid a beat down? This is what you're arguing for?  ::)

Based on your depiction of the status quo... Gates should be given a medal for shedding light on this.
w

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2009, 06:28:47 AM »
When Gates yelled about the cops "mama" the cop should have splattered his head all over the sidewalk.A typical little sawed off runt thinking hes a tough guy because he brings out the black attitude.

amazing....simply amazing...and whos the tough guy here..the guy is mad. Check it out..once when i was in 9th grade i was walking home from football practice...Police pulls up on me. "hey. you have id..Where you going where do you live." I clearly had on my backpack and Practice t-shirt and he was still badgering me...this passer buy told him..."he live wit yo momma how about that..."  well he got beat up (lennox sherrifs). But if the cop wouldnt have been an asshole, everything would bave been ok