Author Topic: Police Union condemns Obama over "stupid" comments.  (Read 19017 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Police Union condemns Obama over "stupid" comments.
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2009, 08:14:50 AM »
Gates sounds like an aimmture man who escalated the situation.

The cop - and I rarely defend cops because they have been very rude to me in the past - were walking into a situation where a neighbor wa screaming 'the robber is still in there!'

They probably pointed a gun at gates when they entered, and he went apeshit on them.  In this case, I gotta defend the cops.  However, when he cussd and screamed, they could have rolled their eyes and walked away.  Their egos made them issue arrest for disturbance of peace.

Both sides have guilt.  Obama should have said 'this is a complex issue and I don't have all the facts.  Profiling does happen, but we don't konw what happened here'.  Obama showed a moment of immaturity by retelling the story without the facts.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2009, 08:17:49 AM »
Gates sounds like an aimmture man who escalated the situation.

The cop - and I rarely defend cops because they have been very rude to me in the past - were walking into a situation where a neighbor wa screaming 'the robber is still in there!'

They probably pointed a gun at gates when they entered, and he went apeshit on them.  In this case, I gotta defend the cops.  However, when he cussd and screamed, they could have rolled their eyes and walked away.  Their egos made them issue arrest for disturbance of peace.

Both sides have guilt.  Obama should have said 'this is a complex issue and I don't have all the facts.  Profiling does happen, but we don't konw what happened here'.  Obama showed a moment of immaturity by retelling the story without the facts.

Good assessment. But the arrest report nor any other documentation or anything that Gates has said shows that the officers drew their weapons.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2009, 08:20:52 AM »
okay.  then he saw them and freaked out.  He was probably pissy because he was locked out, and looked like a drama queen when they brought him out.  Now he's getting a PBS show?  He milked the situation and at the very least is a prima donna who is used to having ppl kiss his ass all day.

That being said, it's tough for cops.  They can't let ppl walk on them, but they have to be able to walk away when a confused angry person vents.  Neither side (gates nor cops) is innocent here. 

Have you seen the video of the guy screaming at the cop while he calmly writes a ticket?  academies use it to show how you need to have patience.  These cops didn't.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2009, 08:25:59 AM »
okay.  then he saw them and freaked out.  He was probably pissy because he was locked out, and looked like a drama queen when they brought him out.  Now he's getting a PBS show?  He milked the situation and at the very least is a prima donna who is used to having ppl kiss his ass all day.

That being said, it's tough for cops.  They can't let ppl walk on them, but they have to be able to walk away when a confused angry person vents.  Neither side (gates nor cops) is innocent here. 

Have you seen the video of the guy screaming at the cop while he calmly writes a ticket?  academies use it to show how you need to have patience.  These cops didn't.

How long did gets go nuts and carry on? If it was for over 15 min, these cops had plenty of patience. Especially when he refused to show his ID to validate him living there.

But arresting him was unnecessary.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2009, 08:27:10 AM »
How long did gets go nuts and carry on? If it was for over 15 min, these cops had plenty of patience. Especially when he refused to show his ID to validate him living there.

But arresting him was unnecessary.

Look, everyone knows you dont challenge a cop in public in front of other people. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2009, 08:29:01 AM »

The cops NEVER yelled at him.They asked him to step out of the house because of the echo coming from the house.THERE IS NOTHING in the report saying the cops raised their voices at him.He was screaming at them.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2009, 08:36:23 AM »
Your exactly right mal it shouldn't be about race but Gates is the one doing this and CNN is sucking up to it for ratings.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2009, 08:39:07 AM »
Have any of the bystanders weighted in yet?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2009, 08:39:59 AM »
Have any of the bystanders weighted in yet?

Shoot, the other problem is that Obama made this a race issue by saying profiling may have had something to do with this. 

This incident had nothing to do with racial profiling. 

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2009, 08:44:28 AM »
Absolutely, the president made a very unprofessional mistake in weighing in on this, almost all commentators have agreed whether or not they thought the cops acted according to protocol.  It makes Obama a more polarizing figure IMO.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2009, 09:02:06 AM »
Your exactly right mal it shouldn't be about race but Gates is the one doing this and CNN is sucking up to it for ratings.

That's exactly right. Gates was the one who, from the very start, refused to be rational with the police and turned it into a a racial event from the first second of the police arriving. Obama then helped push it along. And just like shoot said, he will ride this thing for all it's worth and so will the Race Bait Idiots, get ready folks.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2009, 09:26:49 AM »
From what I can tell, Gates is the drama queen here.  i was listeing to a black radio station this morning and a lot of the callers thought that this whole thing may have been staged and that Gates is an idiot. 

That's exactly right. Gates was the one who, from the very start, refused to be rational with the police and turned it into a a racial event from the first second of the police arriving. Obama then helped push it along. And just like shoot said, he will ride this thing for all it's worth and so will the Race Bait Idiots, get ready folks.

I agree... Gates is the one at fault.

The one law you have when you are being questioned and that you MUST follow, is that you must identify yourself.

Gigantor, you're also correct.

Obama is just pushing it on... Completely stupid of HIM (Obama) to push this along. I gotta admit, he pisses me off more every day.

THIS chick has it right.

You should all look at it.

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-303137

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2009, 09:31:54 AM »
MAYBE ITS NOT ABOUT RACE...ITS ABOUT THE COPS BEING DICKS...EVERY GOD DAMN THING DONT REVOLVE AROUND RACE. SO THE GOD DAMN FACT THAT ONE WAS BLACK AND ONE WAS HISPANIC DONT MEAN  A GOD DAMN THING. ITS ABOUT THE COPS AUTHORITY....FUCKING HELL... BLACK WHITE BLACK WHITE BLACK WHITE...THERE IS MORE TO THIS FUCKING GOD DAMN WORLD THEN FUCKING RACE...SHIT MAKES ME SICK GOD DAMN IT. GROW THE FUCK UP WITH THE THE RACE SHIT...FUCK RACE IS ONLY AN ISSUE BECAUSE DUMB ASWS FUCKS MAKE IT AN ISSUE.....FUCKIN IDIOTS

You're right man... You know I have 0 love for them.

It just so happens that in this singular instance, it wasn't about race, at least not until Gates started ranting about it.

I mean, the guy was picking his own lock on his own door... then gets upset because the neighbors called the cops.

Hell... If anyone made it about race, it was his neighbor who called the cops in the first place because the black man was at his neighbors door.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2009, 09:36:54 AM »
This incident had nothing to do with racial profiling. 

you are exactly right.

sounds like this guy was a loud A-hole to police.

When police get a call abot a burglar, THEY have to control the situation.  Sounds like the professor tried to contorl the room.  Screaming so loudly - you just can't do that.  If he WAS a robber - the screaming is a nice diversion for his accomplice to jump outta the bedroom with a shotgun, you know?

Cops need to check ID, scan rooms, and ensure the right guy is in the house.  They can't do that when he is screaming at them, at the top of his lungs.  the fact the police are happy to hold press conference while Gates is quiet - that speaks volumes.  Obama is surely wishing he has just ignored this issue.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2009, 09:41:59 AM »
you are exactly right.

sounds like this guy was a loud A-hole to police.

When police get a call abot a burglar, THEY have to control the situation.  Sounds like the professor tried to contorl the room.  Screaming so loudly - you just can't do that.  If he WAS a robber - the screaming is a nice diversion for his accomplice to jump outta the bedroom with a shotgun, you know?

Cops need to check ID, scan rooms, and ensure the right guy is in the house.  They can't do that when he is screaming at them, at the top of his lungs.  the fact the police are happy to hold press conference while Gates is quiet - that speaks volumes.  Obama is surely wishing he has just ignored this issue.

By the way,the police at the scene,put their voice recorders on when the incident started.They have the tapes.They havent decided if they will release them,but you can bet,if the department and the cops came out so strongly FOR the police,the tapes show Gates as an asshole.

Obama cant help himself,he is a community organiser and agitator and rabble rouser,so obviously he is going to knock the police.

body88

« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2009, 10:38:47 AM »
Anyone who thinks that this clown "skip" was wronged is full of it.  I live in Boston and I can tell you right now that Cambridge is an area that is inhabited by foreign college students and ultra-liberal, wealthy types.  It's an area that is by far the most tolerant area in the state.  The cops have audio of the whole situation, and if this fool sues they will release the tapes owning him further.

Even after some of these dolts read the facts, they still want a reason to lash out at the cops or to cry racism.  Boo-fucking- hoo, you're all wrong  :'(

Here are the facts:

Crowley was called to an attempted robbery by a 911 call from a neighbor

The area that Crowley responded to had had 9 breakins over the last month (including the clown skip's house).

Crowley asked Skip to step outside to talk, and Skip said "ill step outside with your momma to talk"

Crowley warned skip several times and asked him to stop acting belligerent.  Skip continued to fly off the handle

Finally Crowley arrested this idiot for disorderly conduct, and he had ever right to do so

Just another African American setting his race back by crying racism after acting like a buffoon.

Thats the truth.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2009, 10:50:18 AM »
was skip a little buzzed?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2009, 10:55:54 AM »
Check this out. 

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahhahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!   ;D

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #93 on: July 24, 2009, 10:59:48 AM »
white cops need to learn how to talk to black royalty

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: July 24, 2009, 11:24:16 AM »
"Crowley asked Skip to step outside to talk, and Skip said "ill step outside with your momma to talk"

I wonder if the other officers heard this.  If so, thats slander by Gates legally. Same with publically shouting racial remarks at the cops.  I bet your right body88...they probably have enough on tape to make Gates look like an idiot, thats probably why the police union came out strongly in support of the officers today.

I hate this ultra sensitive-race stuff.  The race baiters and the real racists come out of the closet on both sides...which most of us are not a part of either group.  I think the issue should be shut.  The charges were dropped, Gates should be verbally reprimanded by the media and close that mouth that already got him in trouble, people must learn to follow simple directions given by police, police should be punished only when they are out of line (which happens but not in this case), the president should focus on national issues, and the officers go back to doing their jobs following department protocols.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: July 24, 2009, 11:28:13 AM »
Yeah, the girl in the video has a better take on this than many.  If anything, you'd think the neighbor would have more familiarity with gates owning the house.  If anyone racially profilled, it could be her.  Thats a lot different than an officer profiling or abusing a citizen.  The fact that Gate's house had been broken into fairly recently and there were break ins in the neighborhood may have made the neighbor more sensitive.

The report was 2 men breaking into the house.  The officer only saw one so I completely understand why he asked Gates to step out of the house.  Police must secure a scene before letting their guard down.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2009, 11:43:58 AM »
"Crowley asked Skip to step outside to talk, and Skip said "ill step outside with your momma to talk"

I wonder if the other officers heard this.  If so, thats slander by Gates legally. Same with publically shouting racial remarks at the cops.  I bet your right body88...they probably have enough on tape to make Gates look like an idiot, thats probably why the police union came out strongly in support of the officers today.

I hate this ultra sensitive-race stuff.  The race baiters and the real racists come out of the closet on both sides...which most of us are not a part of either group.  I think the issue should be shut.  The charges were dropped, Gates should be verbally reprimanded by the media and close that mouth that already got him in trouble, people must learn to follow simple directions given by police, police should be punished only when they are out of line (which happens but not in this case), the president should focus on national issues, and the officers go back to doing their jobs following department protocols.

How about the idiot students at Harvard paying 50k a year to be "educated" by this fool.

The more I see of what the ivy league produces, including, Larry Summers, Bush, and Obama, the more I believe that they are nothing but a massive Madoff rip off operation scheme.

Seriously, Obama and Gates are two examples of the filth that Harvard produces.     

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2009, 11:50:12 AM »
i used to like obama, but after that remark........fuck him!!!!

bench

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2009, 12:12:57 PM »
I actually agree with Obama on this one.  You don't arrest someone at their own home after they established that it is their home.   

That's not why Gates was arrested. He was arrest for disturbing the peace after was told, repeatedly, by Sgt. Crowley to calm down.

The police officer got this one right.

body88

« Reply #99 on: July 24, 2009, 12:19:19 PM »
How about the idiot students at Harvard paying 50k a year to be "educated" by this fool.

The more I see of what the ivy league produces, including, Larry Summers, Bush, and Obama, the more I believe that they are nothing but a massive Madoff rip off operation scheme.

Seriously, Obama and Gates are two examples of the filth that Harvard produces.     

Harvard is the best school in the world.  Don't let a couple of idiots cloud your judgement.